PDA

View Full Version : Some questions about the 360 version...

Luriden
Jan 28, 2007, 12:22 AM
I've had the PS2 version since release day and some things bothered me, mainly the massive slowdown and using a USB keyboard can be annoying during battle, or whenever you don't feel like putting the controller down to talk. I got a 360 a week ago and bought PSU today for it and sold my PS2 version.

Now, I haven't made an account for it to start playing, should I hold off till next weekend to start playing so I can get the Sonic Statue? Do I just play the demo on the 3rd and make a full account that day or the next? And I've already been playing the demo on my 360, does that automatically disqualify me
since I didn't make the character on the 3rd and 4th?

Do I get free days again like I did when I first registered for the PS2 version, or will the Sega Billing site just see me as a returning customer?

Also, about this expansion disc, has it been confirmed yet that it will be a PSUv2 type thing, where it's the original game with new material, or will the original game be required? I haven't opened the game yet, so if it's gonna be the original plus more, I'll take it back and wait it out.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Luriden on 2007-01-27 21:23 ]</font>

-Crokar-
Jan 28, 2007, 12:27 AM
wait for the statue. even if you dont want the statue that much you can make alot of money off it

i think you just have to play on those days. not sure

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: -Crokar- on 2007-01-27 21:28 ]</font>

Sharkyland
Jan 28, 2007, 12:28 AM
It's been a while with the account thing, so I wouldn't know about that. All I just know is that PS2 and Xbox are two different billing accounts.

Massive slowdown? I actually haven't been on the demo just the actual game itself.

I have a kb, because my connection sucks and I can only talk without having lag in voice with 3 ppl or less.

Luriden
Jan 28, 2007, 12:30 AM
On 2007-01-27 21:28, Sharkyland wrote:

Massive slowdown? I actually haven't been on the demo just the actual game itself.

I was referring to the PS2 version. If you have more than two people on screen fighting at once, the game slows down. Six people fighting De Ragon is near impossible.

Luriden
Jan 28, 2007, 02:31 AM
bump

Got some of my questions answered, anyone else know about the others?

Sharkyland
Jan 28, 2007, 02:43 AM
Yeah i had massive slowdowns on ps2... as well.

Sekani
Jan 28, 2007, 03:09 AM
On 2007-01-27 21:22, Luriden wrote:
I've had the PS2 version since release day and some things bothered me, mainly the massive slowdown and using a USB keyboard can be annoying during battle, or whenever you don't feel like putting the controller down to talk. I got a 360 a week ago and bought PSU today for it and sold my PS2 version.
Don't get rid of your USB keyboard yet. This game has some serious voice chat issues, and you won't be able to use voice at all in the main lobbies and meeting areas.

Now, I haven't made an account for it to start playing, should I hold off till next weekend to start playing so I can get the Sonic Statue? Do I just play the demo on the 3rd and make a full account that day or the next? And I've already been playing the demo on my 360, does that automatically disqualify me
since I didn't make the character on the 3rd and 4th?
I think as long as you play on that weekend with the demo client, then purchase a Guardians' License with that same gamertag within a month or two, you get the Soinc statue.

Do I get free days again like I did when I first registered for the PS2 version, or will the Sega Billing site just see me as a returning customer?
Microsoft handles the billing for the 360 version, so it'll be a totally new account. Don't know about the free days though. Nothing was mentioned about them prominently, and I haven't checked to see if I got any extra time or not.

Also, about this expansion disc, has it been confirmed yet that it will be a PSUv2 type thing, where it's the original game with new material, or will the original game be required? I haven't opened the game yet, so if it's gonna be the original plus more, I'll take it back and wait it out.

The expansion disc is only a myth, a legend dreamed up by PSU fanboys praying for more content. For all practical purposes it doesn't exist, and making any plans or decisions based on any hopes of an expansion would be foolish.

Luriden
Jan 28, 2007, 03:21 AM
Thanks, that pretty much covers everything. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

prismsub5
Jan 28, 2007, 09:30 AM
Microsoft handles the billing for the 360 version, so it'll be a totally new account. Don't know about the free days though. Nothing was mentioned about them prominently, and I haven't checked to see if I got any extra time or not.

Sega says that if you want to test the game, you should try the demo, no free days AFAIK

The expansion disc is only a myth, a legend dreamed up by PSU fanboys praying for more content. For all practical purposes it doesn't exist, and making any plans or decisions based on any hopes of an expansion would be foolish.

http://www.pso-world.com/article.php?sid=1591 ?

Sekani
Jan 28, 2007, 11:51 AM
On 2007-01-28 06:30, prismsub5 wrote:

Well hey, if some german website and PSO-World staff really think that a cryptic picture is an official announcement of an expansion, it must be true, right?

Even if it is true, it's likely a year away at best, so I still say that planning for any kind of expansion is a waste of time.

Luriden
Jan 28, 2007, 12:55 PM
Well, hopefully the expansion will be just that, an expansion. Sorta like the Halo 2 map pack, something that just installs on the hard drive and you're not stuck buying a whole new game with the original leaving dust.

And I didn't sell my PS2 version yet. I was going to put it on eBay last night and forgot. I just checked the prices for the PS2 version on eBay and....oh my God.....$5. A lousy $5. I was thinking I'd make at least $20, that would pay off half of what I paid for the 360 version last night. Damn. I hope Sega like me, I've spent $100 on the PSU franchise already ($50 PS2 version, $10 for the HL, $40 for the 360 version and about to be another $10 for the HL).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Luriden on 2007-01-28 09:56 ]</font>

Sharkyland
Jan 28, 2007, 03:26 PM
On 2007-01-28 06:30, prismsub5 wrote:

I actually not surprised about the expansion disc. I really don't know if the PSU games takes up the entire DVD on this disc. I mean it's rumored that it's going to have more planets (or areas) that you can go to, but if they do they might release another soundtrack (and there's only 1 soundtrack out yet and if that's the only soundtrack that's being produced than this would eliminate the rumor about the expansion disc)...

For for a fact right now...
1. I haven't played Chapter 5 yet of the story mode and I'm waiting for the C rank missions to come out because SEED Hive places are so far on satellites, but if you have noticed these are just infected areas , so where is the SEED coming from? In the opening movie where (Karen's twin sister, I was going to say Meira, but I'm thinking of that PSOW Fanworks Moderator), showing a planet spitting fireballs.
2. Uh... I forgot what it was.

McLaughlin
Jan 28, 2007, 04:18 PM
It's already been stated that the "expansion" in that link is the Ep 2 story we're getting online. There's no disc.

Maxurion
Jan 28, 2007, 04:44 PM
On 2007-01-28 12:26, Sharkyland wrote:

For a fact right now...
1. I haven't played Chapter 5 yet of the story mode and I'm waiting for the C rank missions to come out because SEED Hive places are so far on satellites, but if you have noticed these are just infected areas , so where is the SEED coming from? In the opening movie where (Karen's twin sister, I was going to say Meira, but I'm thinking of that PSOW Fanworks Moderator), showing a planet spitting fireballs.
2. Uh... I forgot what it was.

It's Meirei. And If you paid attention in chapter 1 of the offline story mode, that's the divine maidens premonition of the first SEED attack.

Luriden
Jan 29, 2007, 09:15 PM
I asked Sega on their little question page of PSU, but still haven't gotten a response. Oh well, the weekend is coming and I doubt they even read it. Maybe I accidentally clicked the "Report a hacker" option on the drop-down menu.

Thrash777
Jan 29, 2007, 09:19 PM
I would guess it is:

"Play it, and buy a GL on those days"

Esufer
Jan 29, 2007, 09:33 PM
That picture (http://www.pso-world.com/article.php?sid=1591) is blatantly just a picture for the online storymode. I think. It has Laia and Ethan, and mentions the Illuminus. Hey, it's less baseless conjecture than a whole new disc, at least.

There'd be no point releasing a new disc, really, seeing as only the PS2 users don't have the ability to store lots of data from the internets. With Xbox live/the friggin' internet, expansion discs are pretty much pointless nowadays.

If anyone says Burning Crusade, i'ma kill them.

McLaughlin
Jan 29, 2007, 09:39 PM
If everyone tried to download BC, the internet's tubes'd be all clogged an' ****.

Esufer
Jan 29, 2007, 09:45 PM
On 2007-01-29 18:39, Obsidian_Knight wrote:
If everyone tried to download BC, the internet's tubes'd be all clogged an' ****.

It's not just a big truck you dump things on.
I isn't too bad to download big things anyway. I downloaded the first two Guild Wars games, and bought the activation keys straight off the internet.

So that proves updates of obscene sizes can be done easily.

I say easily, I mean, I can click go, then go have a bath.

Luriden
Jan 30, 2007, 03:34 AM
Got another question.

After regging the full version, is it still possible to use my same char on the trial servers again? My friend might try the trial out this weekend just to see what I've been fussing about, and if he doesn't like it he said I can keep his statue. Can I go back to the trial servers to play with him? And an even better question, how do I get the statue to my full account once I start a trial character? Once I register do they automatically transfer my character and all items to the full version servers?