PDA

View Full Version : Maya Shidow in story.....whats up with this?

Sydney
Jan 28, 2007, 09:20 AM
Few questions.....
1. If you start as a ranger, you get Maya's card right? And she is a ranger right? But I just got her card on the story mission with my hunter, and she was a force the whole time. Whats up with that?

2. She does this spell or ability that puts up 3 gold rings around the whole party. What is it?
Its not the buff that raises accuracy, it looks different, Like 3 gold rings just around your mid section. There is probably info about it somewhere, I just dont know what its called or what it really does.

Umi_Ryu
Jan 28, 2007, 09:27 AM
Well, Maya is a force ...

And the thing you talk about is either Dizas or Lentis.

Dizas is an earth buff that protect you from physical attacks and lentis from technics, if I recall correctly.

Randomness
Jan 28, 2007, 09:29 AM
It blocks physical attacks.

And she is a force, and you get her at start as a newman. Lou is the starting NPC for casts.

Ermac
Jan 28, 2007, 09:29 AM
First, the npc you get is determined by your race.

newman-Maya
human-Hyuga
cast-Lou
beast-Leo

I cant remember the tech so hopefully someone else will tell you.

Umi_Ryu
Jan 28, 2007, 09:34 AM
Hm ... you get her card at start ?

She explained me the city when I started the game, but she did not gave me her card, the only NPC card I have is Laia ...

Anyway, I don't like Maya ... and it seems she doesn't like me either.

A2K
Jan 28, 2007, 10:20 AM
1. As was mentioned earlier, she is a Force and always has been. If you get up to the start of step four or so of the mission tutorial as a newman character, you'll get her partner card.

2. It's Dizas, an earth support technic. Each "ring" damage will shield you from a single physical attack (it will display zero damage and you will lose one). If the attack is evaded or would otherwise do zero damage) anyway, the ring will not be spent. This will pretty much protect you from any physical attack, notably including a robot enemy's self-destruct. Technic attacks made against you will damage you normally (Rentis, a separate light-based technic, will cover this.) If/when this technic is made available to us, from level 1-10, it will cast a single ring, 11-21 two rings, and 21+ three.

Rashiid
Jan 28, 2007, 10:22 AM
I <3 u MAYA !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sephlock
Jan 28, 2007, 10:49 AM
OMG why aren't more forces using that spell? It is, as they say "Teh aws0me!"

Kaydin
Jan 28, 2007, 10:54 AM
On 2007-01-28 07:49, Sephlock wrote:

Oh, I dunno. Maybe because it hasn't been released yet. Just a guess.

But the fact that Maya actually DID something amazes me. For me she ususally just freaking stands there.

foamcup
Jan 28, 2007, 10:55 AM

It hasn't been unlocked yet.

Rashiid
Jan 28, 2007, 11:11 AM

wat they said about the releasing thing

++ im not wasting PA frags on it, just to help hunters/rangers

unless i get all the others 1st

A2K
Jan 28, 2007, 11:14 AM
On 2007-01-28 08:11, Rashiid wrote:

Avoiding damage to physical techs is quite useful to a Force, as well, you know. I swear, sometimes even a slight breeze makes me fall over and waste a scape doll. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Rashiid
Jan 28, 2007, 11:17 AM
tru, main reason i used tp bring maya along, but im not using 3 weeks worth of PA frags for a 'support' tech

Megiverse and Nosmegid are calling me

ill get regular megid later too...everyone else is gonna get it, so ill let them 1 hit KO

DonRoyale
Jan 28, 2007, 11:39 AM
The tech is either Dizas, a spell where one of the rings completely nullifies a physical attack, or Rentis, a spell where one of the rings completely nullifies a magic attack.

The number of rings is determined by level:

Level 1-10: 1 Ring
Level 11-20: 2 Rings (good enough for us WT's =D)
Level 21-30: 3 Rings

I assume it works like buffs, so once it's officially released, we'll have another reason to spam buffs again.

As far as Maya goes, it's based on race, not class:

-If you're a human, you get Hyuga.
-If you're a newman, you get Maya.
-If you're a CAST, you get Lou.
-If you're a beast, you get Leo.

And, if you're going into online story mode, you get Laia ._.

Rashiid
Jan 28, 2007, 11:48 AM
yea it works like buffs, but thats ALLOT of Frags, 70 or 75, no ultimate pa for u if u want it

DanMalak
Jan 28, 2007, 11:51 AM
On 2007-01-28 07:54, Kadan wrote:

Oh, I dunno. Maybe because it hasn't been released yet. Just a guess.

But the fact that Maya actually DID something amazes me. For me she ususally just freaking stands there.

Not 100% sure but I think theres a minimum level maya has to be to use this spell, like for her to be 50 er so.

Schubalts
Jan 28, 2007, 12:34 PM
I've had her cast it when I was under level 40.

Zer0_ConvoY
Jan 28, 2007, 12:43 PM
On 2007-01-28 07:54, Kadan wrote:

actually i noticed she started healing more after the 450 fix

Garnet_Moon
Jan 28, 2007, 12:47 PM
Will I be the only fT not casting Dizas? I don't know. Something about that spell makes me feel like people are going to be even more lazy and actually TRY to get hit, instead of trying not to. I'll keep it on myself, but to give it to the party often? Haha, no. I can already imagine the headaches i'll get when people yell at me for not making them 100% invulnerable the entire map.

I'll keep it on myself, and use t for Bruce's, sure, but in regular missions? Learn to dodge, or Learn to leave a sexier corpse.

Flwl3ssCowboy
Jan 28, 2007, 01:13 PM
My corpse is very sexy, thankyouverymuch

Laranas
Jan 28, 2007, 01:37 PM
Seems like a waste, actually. My Wartecher has taken more than 3 hits on the FLOOR, let alone actually fighting in combat. It'll be useful for a support char to spam (especially for Bruce A), but useless to cast on yourself since 1 or 2 rings will probably be gone before you switch weapons.

Palefire
Jan 28, 2007, 01:56 PM
On 2007-01-28 08:14, A2K wrote:

On 2007-01-28 08:11, Rashiid wrote:

Avoiding damage to physical techs is quite useful to a Force, as well, you know. I swear, sometimes even a slight breeze makes me fall over and waste a scape doll. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

No kidding. It doesn't take much to one-shot kill me, especially as I'm keeping my eyes on other people's HP bars.

Jae
Jan 28, 2007, 02:55 PM
On 2007-01-28 09:47, Garnet_Moon wrote:
Will I be the only fT not casting Dizas? I don't know. Something about that spell makes me feel like people are going to be even more lazy and actually TRY to get hit, instead of trying not to. I'll keep it on myself, but to give it to the party often? Haha, no. I can already imagine the headaches i'll get when people yell at me for not making them 100% invulnerable the entire map.

I'll keep it on myself, and use t for Bruce's, sure, but in regular missions? Learn to dodge, or Learn to leave a sexier corpse.

I didn't want to say it, but yea. People are already lazy as shit and run headfirst into mobs because they know I'm there. Hell even other Force-types get lazy because yep... they figure out that I'm not just going to let them die.

But man. The prospect of casting nothing but SDZR, resta, reverser and rings for an entire mission just to keep a bunch of lazy numbnuts alive already gives me a headache.

Rashiid
Jan 28, 2007, 03:05 PM
On 2007-01-28 09:47, Garnet_Moon wrote:

im wit cha buddy

not wastin mah PA frags