PDA

View Full Version : Is sega really stupid? Well have you thought about...

Eksukallybahr
Jan 28, 2007, 01:49 PM
You know, sega's actually pretty smart, they arn't releasing the "special" ub3r weapons into game, and probably wont until the hackers stop their duping. This way the uber rares dont get hacked into circulation. Maybe they are trying to fix the duping/hacking exploit while we think they are doing nothing. Then, one day soon, they will mass ban everyone that's been involved in hacking, then release all the 12* items, and we'll all live happily ever after...
Discuss >.>

Laranas
Jan 28, 2007, 01:52 PM
Except for the fact that the uber weapons have already been hacked into small circulation...

Eksukallybahr
Jan 28, 2007, 01:54 PM
well, at least its easy to tell who hacks this way, if they released it into game, it'll be hard to tell whether someone actually got it legit, or hacked it

Laranas
Jan 28, 2007, 01:57 PM
Not exactly true. Take me for example: I have grinded A weapons because a hacker sold Grinder As. Last time I checked I wasn't a hacker. Other people have hacked weapons not because they hack, but because they were given a weapon / bought it from a hacker. Everyone has a bit of hacked meseta.

Sure, you'll know who has a hacked weapon, but not everyone that has one is a hacker, which leaves SEGA where they started

Eksukallybahr
Jan 28, 2007, 02:01 PM
Or...they can ban everyone that has a hacked item, if you know its hacked, its your fault for getting it anyways. Except for meseta, cause there's no way you can tell whether it was hacked or not.

Gen2000
Jan 28, 2007, 02:02 PM
It's Sonic Team, not Sega. If this game was handled by one of Sega better developer teams, AM2 for example, none of this would be going down.

A2K
Jan 28, 2007, 02:12 PM
On 2007-01-28 11:02, Gen2000 wrote:
It's Sonic Team, not Sega. If this game was handled by one of Sega better developer teams, AM2 for example, none of this would be going down.

That's rather presumptuous statement, considering Sonic Team is the only development studio within Sega that, to my knowledge, has actually has released online multiplayer games.

ShinMaruku
Jan 28, 2007, 03:35 PM
On 2007-01-28 11:12, A2K wrote:

That's rather presumptuous statement, considering Sonic Team is the only development studio within Sega that, to my knowledge, has actually has released online multiplayer games.

I think it's not presumptuos to say that becuase Sonic Team has been a rather mediocre devloper and after that Sonic Debacle I don't think anybody at this point can call them skilled. Just becuase they are the only ones means they are the best. AM2 acutally puts effort and deep reseach into their games Some of them are skilled within their own game too and puts out revisons once they find what can be improved Sonic Team howeer has not they half ass everything. I'd rther have AM2 do the damn thing than them. ST is honestl one of the lower quality studios within Sega. this game is sufficent and is fun but when one thinks of what it could have been under diffrent people one can see the flaws.
I sincerly belive this and all of the ST games would have been done far better if they had diffrent people.

Golto
Jan 28, 2007, 04:15 PM
They sould get off their lazy butts and make a little inventory/pm storage/ common box searching script to run during server maintance. Ban every account with any unreleased items. Or if they were really smart have server side data that has timestamps of availabilty on all items so when they save character data it checks for items that have dates in the future (unreleased items).

pokefiend
Jan 28, 2007, 04:16 PM
On 2007-01-28 12:35, ShinMaruku wrote:

I think it's not presumptuos to say that becuase Sonic Team has been a rather mediocre devloper and after that Sonic Debacle I don't think anybody at this point can call them skilled. Just becuase they are the only ones means they are the best. AM2 acutally puts effort and deep reseach into their games Some of them are skilled within their own game too and puts out revisons once they find what can be improved Sonic Team howeer has not they half ass everything. I'd rther have AM2 do the damn thing than them. ST is honestl one of the lower quality studios within Sega. this game is sufficent and is fun but when one thinks of what it could have been under diffrent people one can see the flaws.
I sincerly belive this and all of the ST games would have been done far better if they had diffrent people.

I would think twice before blaming ST's recent shortcomings on the team's so-called low skill level. Sega milks that developing team like a druged up chicken. I'm serious when I'm saying this. In 2006 alone, ST was finishing three different titles; PSU, Sonic the Hehgehog, and Sonic Rivals, all while still under development for Sonic: atSotR. Plus who's to say ST wasn't developing any other unannounced games. I have never seen a development team get overworked as much as Sonic Team recently has.

I'm not implying that PSU wouldn't have benefitted developed under a different team, however I do think it's foolish to undermine Sonic Team's capabilities.

Shinzakura
Jan 28, 2007, 04:50 PM
On 2007-01-28 13:16, pokefiend wrote:
I would think twice before blaming ST's recent shortcomings on the team's so-called low skill level. Sega milks that developing team like a druged up chicken. I'm serious when I'm saying this. In 2006 alone, ST was finishing three different titles; PSU, Sonic the Hehgehog, and Sonic Rivals, all while still under development for Sonic: atSotR. Plus who's to say ST wasn't developing any other unannounced games. I have never seen a development team get overworked as much as Sonic Team recently has.

I'm not implying that PSU wouldn't have benefitted developed under a different team, however I do think it's foolish to undermine Sonic Team's capabilities.

I agree, and part of that is because ST is one of Sega's strongest brands right now. SegaRosso, UGA, Overworks, STI, SegaSoft, CRI, WM, etc. have never stuck around long enough, and the sole exception, AM2, is primarily known as a "gamer's" brand, nowhere near as mainstream as ST. This causes Sega's marketing folks to overuse ST, if for no other reason than the myth that "name brand" = quality.

While I agree that AM2 probably would have done a better job on this, I can't really fault ST for what's gone on. If anything, I fault Sega's board of executives for overreliance on one particular divison, while shrinking the other divisions to the point of uselessness and sidelining AM2.

Had AM2 had their hand in this, perhaps things would have been massively different, such as all the versions being unified or seperated, or even making this a PC-only game, in order to have a more expansive MMO experience rather than simply unlocking already existing content and waiting for the next true update via an expansion disc.

But for better or worse, the choice has been made, the die has been cast, and it remains to be seen what the next act in the play will be. Let us watch and see.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shinzakura on 2007-01-28 13:53 ]</font>

ShinMaruku
Jan 28, 2007, 05:58 PM
On 2007-01-28 13:16, pokefiend wrote:

On 2007-01-28 12:35, ShinMaruku wrote:

Here's the whole thing about their projects. Sonic as made by ST in America, this was by their Japan branch and they had not much to do with Rivals which was a decent game and far better than Sonic The Hedgehog. So while it may seem over worked it's defferent sections of the studio rather than the same studio.
The suits are at fault too for relying on these fools so tis on them too but seriously we must be rid of the current Sonic Team swiftly.
Hell keep some of the visonaries but do away with the other folks and bring in newer guys. Or give it to AM2 or Overworks or actually mix studios and make the story ones do the story, make the coders code at what they are good at make the network guys stay but use that current team is silly.