PDA

View Full Version : Most needed but least played class

zanotam
Jan 28, 2007, 03:04 PM
Which class do you think is commonly needed but rarely played?

Sharkyland
Jan 28, 2007, 03:07 PM
Maybe it's just me... but I rarely see fortegunners and if I had an extra slot to make a fortegunner, I would pass on it because RAing is pretty boring to me just like regular PSO (but that's just me).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sharkyland on 2007-01-28 12:08 ]</font>

Criss
Jan 28, 2007, 03:10 PM
Fortegunner? I happen to be playing a fortegunner. But I haven't played in parties for long enough to know what class is really least played.

DonRoyale
Jan 28, 2007, 03:12 PM
Protransers...because 600 per trap and the 1k+ damage from the effect it causes is nothing to laugh at.

Oh wait, yeah it is. XD

pokefiend
Jan 28, 2007, 03:26 PM
fortegunner. I would play as one if I wasn't a fortetecher lvl 5 already.

zanotam
Jan 28, 2007, 03:34 PM
so gunner classes are the rarest usually? Also are you guys serious when you say FG is rarer then PT?!?

Itsuki
Jan 28, 2007, 03:43 PM
Just because PT is rare doesn't mean that its needed.

On JP/360: Fortegunner.

On US PC: Anything but a gunner class because every god damn person is a gunner of some variety. ~_~

Bluepheonix
Jan 28, 2007, 03:52 PM
hmm pro, is good for traps mainly, they do good dmg, and well you rarly ever see them, im thinking of becoming one because of the weapon choices, other than the lack other power which is a major put off. Another Fortegunner is rare to see to and they are useful.

Aaron777
Jan 28, 2007, 03:58 PM
yes, protransers do rock, and yes, they are needed.

Laranas
Jan 28, 2007, 03:59 PM
I don't see enough Protransers or Fortegunners.. but damn there's a lot of Fortetechers out there

Sexy_Raine
Jan 28, 2007, 04:12 PM
Rangers altogether are underrated, and are most certainly needed. I had cleared Mad Beasts S very quickly(faster than any party with a hunter) when they do insane lv 4 virus/burn damage to everything. People out there unfairly bash rangers.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sexy_Raine on 2007-01-28 13:14 ]</font>

Randomness
Jan 28, 2007, 04:15 PM
Burn 4 is the absolute deadliest thing ever. Although Virus comes in a close 2nd, burn is faster to hurt them.

And for applying it, your choices are Rifle, Bow, or Foie, all at PA level 21+. For Virus 4, its only Bow and Rifle. Not sure about the levels from G Traps though.

But yes, rangers with good fire/dark rifle bullets are a must.

Zato-2TWO
Jan 28, 2007, 04:22 PM
G traps are SE4, but the damage multiplier that Protransers get allow them to affect more things with G-traps than regular rangers (i.e., Leader enemies).

Transers really are the least played and most underestimated. I don't think I've ever been in a party where people weren't thankful for having me around because of the transer's overall versatility.

If I had to pick a second choice for most underplayed and needed, I'd have to say Guntechers. A lot of people look down on Guntechers and I don't know why, but they offer much needed support when your Wartecher is busy hacking things away or when your Fortetecher is busy nuking things.

bob02
Jan 28, 2007, 04:27 PM
I got a WT and a GT... and i think we need more GT or WT... i mean good WT/GT

good: GT with nice SE and trap
bad: GT with only 6 twinhangun

good: WT with buff heal and do good dmg melee
bad: WT caster who just cast diga

-_Tao_-
Jan 28, 2007, 04:28 PM
Normaly I would go on some long rant about how protransers are needed blah blah blah.

But I am not.

The simple fact is after playing alot, with a lot of good people... I found out how nearly worthless protransers are. I might be the hardest working protranser in the game... and I am still "gimp" I am just happy people put up with me at this point.

The damage output of traps does not make up for the lack of dam output in other areas.

With hacking and a over excelerated market min/max characters thrive... not a sub par coat of blah.

protransers are not the go to guy in a party...trust me(right now anyway)

I play in well nit grous mostly now so i dont know what the game is lacking so to say. But from time to time when I do join random parties what I DO find the game lacking is people not playing there job right or game basics.

Examples:

"I am a cast, not a baby sitter" That doesnt meen you dont heal at all.

Using the wrong elements against the wrong creatures: Please remove your Dark axe from the HIVE right now!

Rangers who dont trap: Please let the world know that its not just a pr0's job...its every rangers job to trap.

the list goes on but that was to just name a few.

Siertes
Jan 28, 2007, 04:35 PM
I'm surprised at these results. I run into Fortegunners all the time. I figured there were enough of us to go around.

Also, I don't think it's every ranger's "job" to use traps. We just kick larger amounts of ass when we do http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Almalexia
Jan 28, 2007, 06:34 PM
Wartecher. . .

Pair them with Fortetechers and you have an awesome backline.

juno-6
Jan 28, 2007, 07:10 PM
We guntekkers are a rare, rare breed. I think we need more, they speed things up with debuffs.

VanHalen
Jan 28, 2007, 07:19 PM
woah wait i remember back when everyone said protransers suck and people would kick them out of their parties. whats with this new respect for them lol(no i dont have a problem with them). and why does everyone hate wartechers now before people said they were better than protransers?

GreenArcher
Jan 28, 2007, 07:20 PM
I was in a party the other day with three guntechers, and I nearly crapped my pants http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

I don't see a lack of guntechers, but that's mainly because I party with friends, a good few of whom are guntechers.

Protransers are definatly not needed, the boost in traps they get does not justify their gimpness everywhere else. A fortegunner can trap almost as well, and do much more damage. Guntechers and figunners can trap decently, and can buff/debuff/ghetto heal and do a lot of damage respectively. This is nothing against protransers, just for the record I'm working on a protranser alt http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif, but they are not "needed" in a party

BloodDragoon
Jan 28, 2007, 07:20 PM
On 2007-01-28 12:43, Itsuki-chan wrote:
Just because PT is rare doesn't mean that its needed.

On JP/360: Fortegunner.

On US PC: Anything but a gunner class because every god damn person is a gunner of some variety. ~_~

My current main isnt a gunner of some variety... >.>

Or a Force type... >.>

Yay for Fortefighter...

NPCMook
Jan 28, 2007, 07:29 PM
Guntechers are a rare breed, probably because of our Level 10 techs

Vergil_Sparda
Jan 28, 2007, 07:41 PM
I would vote for PT but I only played with one like once and he got pwned in Valley of Carnage. But at the same time I dont think he used traps so I honestly can't say if they're any good or not. FG gets my vote atm.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Vergil_Sparda on 2007-01-28 16:42 ]</font>

PMB960
Jan 28, 2007, 08:58 PM
Yay I should have a fortegunner by Tuesday. In all the time I have played I have seen 1 fortegunnner and that was a friend. Protransers are not as needed because you get the same effect as with fortegunners. Yes their traps aren't as damaging but they can use many S rank weapons which cost far less to use than buying the insane amount of traps Protransers can blow through.

Mio
Jan 28, 2007, 09:09 PM
My main characters are a ForteGunner and a GunTecher. In my career i have seen more GunTechers than ForteGunners

DonMakaveli
Jan 28, 2007, 09:16 PM
Since i'm a fortegunner myself my opinion is suspicious, although, i think fortegunners are rarer than pro's and way more useful

Gen2000
Jan 28, 2007, 09:24 PM
On 2007-01-28 13:35, Siertes wrote:
I'm surprised at these results. I run into Fortegunners all the time. I figured there were enough of us to go around.

Also, I don't think it's every ranger's "job" to use traps. We just kick larger amounts of ass when we do http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Yeah these results are weird, I see Fortegunners way more than Guntecher or Protranser. Sometimes people confuse me as a Protranser because I use Traps a lot even though I'm a Fortegunner. I figure if I can use em may as well take advantage of them.

Destruct05
Jan 28, 2007, 10:27 PM
wtf is with the lack of fortetechers in this game? i, myself, am a fortegunner and a know a couple of close friends who are fortetechers, but it seems that when ever i join a party, its full of fortegunners, fortefighters, gunfighters, and nothing more. and sometimes, whenever i get a force-type-thingy, THEY NEVER WANT TO HEAL! i mean WTF!?!?!? so now you know how i feel about a lack of GOOD fortetechers.

Garnet_Moon
Jan 28, 2007, 10:32 PM
We need more fT's. Not Mage's. fT's. Y'know, the guys who use ALL their spells, and not just everything fire, ice, and shock elemental. Show The light techniques some love too for gods sake.

vfloresjr24
Jan 28, 2007, 10:33 PM
I think protansers are the ones that needs more play but I notice they can't use any S rank weapons so that is a hamper on people who want to equipe weapons like dagger of selphari(sp?)

Retehi
Jan 28, 2007, 10:36 PM
Everytime I join a party, I'm the only Fortegunner. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Bluepheonix
Jan 28, 2007, 10:40 PM
On 2007-01-28 19:33, vfloresjr24 wrote:
I think protansers are the ones that needs more play but I notice they can't use any S rank weapons so that is a hamper on people who want to equipe weapons like dagger of selphari(sp?)

Nope they can use none what so ever, so yea there not the best class, and i personall wouldn't know, but they have the whole class mix plus good dmg with traps, they can use axes, bows, grenades, cannons, and ok so they can only go up to A and there stats are abit weak, but im still goin gto get my huma to one and try it out for my self,

I think they could be good due to the whole wep combonation they can choose from when they get the required amount of stats...

lokijam
Jan 28, 2007, 11:22 PM
fortegunner? i guess this is a ps2/pc thread. the 360's full of em.

Callous
Jan 29, 2007, 03:29 AM
I don't think anyone is needed. Go away with all your fiddly traps and long term burns and god knows what other trickery you're up to.

When it all comes down to it it's all about Fortefighters and Fortetechers. 4-5 Fortefighters and 1-2 Fortetechers to keep them fit will clear any mission faster than any other combination. Anything but those two classes is preference.

"But but, what about flying enemies?", said Little Johnny.

It doesn't matter. They'll die faster once they come down and the speed the FF+FT party will be going at the rest of the time means they'll have plenty of time to spare and still win the race. Plus, FF's do rather incredible damage with their handguns.

All this is assuming the party is playing at a level where no one one-hits anything.

Now before all you people who are insecure about your choice of a (weaker) class flame me .... ah, who am I kidding, I can't stop you.

I don't see many Fortegunners, though. And one of those is the only class I'd even consider adding to 'the best party'.

P.S. I should add that I'm 10/10/10 Hunter/Force/Ranger so I have access to all the 'toys' and can play whatever I feel like. But I do so fully realizing that I'm most useful as Fortefighter/Fortetecher.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Callous on 2007-01-29 00:42 ]</font>

GazL_Neon
Jan 29, 2007, 03:31 AM
I voted Fortegunner, just because I am one... ^_^;

Though he's been neglected for levelling of other characters. For shame!

Shadow_Wing
Jan 29, 2007, 04:34 AM
Don't see a whole lot of ForteGunners unfortunately, besides myself lol, see a lot of guntechers though =X.

Haha Callous, should hit me a vite sometime and I'll show u how awesome ForteGunners are XD

Retehi
Jan 29, 2007, 04:36 AM
On 2007-01-29 00:29, Callous wrote:
I don't think anyone is needed. Go away with all your fiddly traps and long term burns and god knows what other trickery you're up to.

When it all comes down to it it's all about Fortefighters and Fortetechers. 4-5 Fortefighters and 1-2 Fortetechers to keep them fit will clear any mission faster than any other combination. Anything but those two classes is preference.

It doesn't matter. They'll die faster once they come down and the speed the FF+FT party will be going at the rest of the time means they'll have plenty of time to spare and still win the race. Plus, FF's do rather incredible damage with their handguns.

All this is assuming the party is playing at a level where no one one-hits anything.

Now before all you people who are insecure about your choice of a (weaker) class flame me .... ah, who am I kidding, I can't stop you.

I don't see many Fortegunners, though. And one of those is the only class I'd even consider adding to 'the best party'.

P.S. I should add that I'm 10/10/10 Hunter/Force/Ranger so I have access to all the 'toys' and can play whatever I feel like. But I do so fully realizing that I'm most useful as Fortefighter/Fortetecher.

http://apocalypse-tribe.com/rdfox/lold.jpg

Callous
Jan 29, 2007, 05:51 AM
On 2007-01-29 01:34, Shadow_Wing wrote:
Haha Callous, should hit me a vite sometime and I'll show u how awesome ForteGunners are XD
Hehe, I will probably take you up on that pretty soon. It's been a while since we played together and I plan on going Fortegunner before long (because, effective as it is, spamming Dus Daggas for months on end gets a little tedious). Maybe a pro like you can give me some tips on how to make it seem to others that I'm actually doing something useful :P

ACH
Jan 29, 2007, 06:29 AM
Fortegunners are rare? What the? I dont think I have ever played in a team without one, and quite often with two. Doing Onma S with a team of 3 fG, 1GT, 1PT and an fT. The Tengohogs die before they even spawn.

Pentence
Jan 29, 2007, 06:34 AM
Take it froma PT turned FG n back to PT.portransor are needed the traps are nice but thats only part of where they shine.With ALL the heavy weapons in the game and the amazing stat leaps from PT1-PT10,they are a force to be reckoned with.I figured out that from some jp players and one of the few hardcore PTs on the US/EU side that you sometimes jump 100atp with one PT lvl.I have NEVER seen or heard of any other class with that kinda leap.

The main problem is they start off so weak that people get turned off before giveing em a real chance.I plan to go back to PT again once i gain my nades to 11(as i wont be useing them asa pt for a bit once i switch).Then im gonna have a friend go through bruces with me ill be pt10 in no time.

_Deliverance_
Jan 29, 2007, 07:28 AM

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Callous on 2007-01-29 00:42 ]</font>

Having all basic jobs at 10 doesn't make you an expert. Fortegunners do a lot of damage, and SE's make any mob go down much faster.
You're an idiot. That is all.

Tahldon
Jan 29, 2007, 08:23 AM
Hm...

I'm not sure what class there is a lack in, but I do see lots of Figunners and Hybrid techers *cough*.

I play in almost the same party all the time.

Newman Fortetecher (10)
CAST Fortegunner (10)
Beast Fortefighter (10)
2 Human Figunners (7-8ish I forget which for both)
Human Fortegunner (10)

It seems to work out rather well with that.

I think more people like being a Fortetecher just for the awesome visual effects of the spells and whathave you..

And now that I think about it... Protransers are pretty scarce..

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Tahldon on 2007-01-29 05:24 ]</font>

DonMakaveli
Jan 29, 2007, 08:33 AM
On 2007-01-29 04:28, _Deliverance_ wrote:

Having all basic jobs at 10 doesn't make you an expert. Fortegunners do a lot of damage, and SE's make any mob go down much faster.

T O T A L L Y

panzer_unit
Jan 29, 2007, 10:56 AM
Protranser is hardly gimped compared to ForteGunner. If we want to do damage, it's best to haul out some melee PA's (ProTip: Anga Redda) ... that'll hold steady with anybody short of a ForteFighter. You have to use everything you have available effectively in order to go over 9000 as a Protranser. Traps are good, but they're not a 24/7 meal ticket. Especially in missions that are pretty easy for the group they're not worth switching off of your weapons.

Akaimizu
Jan 29, 2007, 11:08 AM
On the 360, I've only played with 1 single Guntecher outside of myself, and he's somebody I know, from a different forum. Protransers, though, I hardly hear of them. I'm not surprised they're scarce though. In general, you're always going to see a bunch of the easier-to-play classes.

Callous
Jan 29, 2007, 11:11 AM
On 2007-01-29 04:28, _Deliverance_ wrote:

I don't usually respond to name callers, but I'll make an exception because I figure you're in need of special attention.

Maybe you should take some classes in reading comprehension and satire before calling other people idiots. I wasn't basing anything on me being 10/10/10. That was merely to illustrate that, in spite of other classes being less useful, I still very much want to play them.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Callous on 2007-01-29 08:13 ]</font>

omegapirate2k
Jan 29, 2007, 11:21 AM
We need more guntechers, especially with the debuffs ^_^

_Deliverance_
Jan 29, 2007, 11:24 AM
Gee, thanks for your acknowlegement. Now be a good boy and start learning the difference between your head and your ass.

PS: Nowhere in your post, did you let on that you were kidding. You added sarcastic "said Johnny" bits, but that's about it. And secondly, your "attention showering" (thank you btw <3) post reiterates the same opinion, and thus you are still an idiot. Thank you, come again.

Akaimizu
Jan 29, 2007, 11:24 AM
I know, it's tough to resist the allure of Zalure. (obvious sales pitch)
Though I enjoy hitting them with Jellen, only because it's fun to say "Those Monsters are Jellen".

"They're Jellen?"

"Like a Felon."

omegapirate2k
Jan 29, 2007, 11:34 AM
On 2007-01-29 08:24, Akaimizu wrote:
I know, it's tough to resist the allure of Zalure. (obvious sales pitch)
Though I enjoy hitting them with Jellen, only because it's fun to say "Those Monsters are Jellen".

"They're Jellen?"

"Like a Felon."

Awesome *switches from fighgunner to wartecher just to use Jellen*

_Deliverance_
Jan 29, 2007, 11:37 AM
You're _so_ not Jellen.

ne1first
Jan 29, 2007, 11:49 AM
well Mr Callous I have fortefighter and fortegunner at lv10 and pretty much best equipment for both, and there is no clear winner in the "biggest DD" contest. fF wins by a mile on the multi target ground mobs and clumped up small enemies while fG does a lot more on the flying mobs, while still doing good on ground mobs via burn and traps, and Rifle, which keeps firing twice per sec even when your fF is chasing the mob or recovering from a knockback. 4 FF + 2 FT will not always clear faster than say 4 fG + 2 FT. It depends entirely on the mission. Try those parties for example in Demons Above and prepare to be "beaten" by 5-10 minutes by the fGs.

Anyway back on topic. "Rarest" class i think is protranser simply because there's a lot of hate for them in the community and therefore the masses wont level a job that has little reward in terms of other people appreciating what you do. Also in terms of usefulness, as it stands right now fG can do 99% of the trapping a PT can, while dishing out twice the damage. Sega really really needs to beef up PT and give them exclusive traps at least.

omegapirate2k
Jan 29, 2007, 11:50 AM
On 2007-01-29 08:37, _Deliverance_ wrote:
You're _so_ not Jellen.

Pfff you just wait until my level 100 Beast Wartecher named Dr.Scholls runs and pwns enemies with his level 30 Jellen.

Laranas
Jan 29, 2007, 11:52 AM
On 2007-01-29 08:50, omegapirate2k wrote:

You're _so_ not Jellen.

Pfff you just wait until my level 100 Beast Wartecher named Dr.Scholls runs and pwns enemies with his level 30 Jellen.

Cause Wartechers can _totally_ use Lv30 techs.

Natrokos
Jan 29, 2007, 11:54 AM
Sweet, that is a great line ^_^.....If I wasn't already a WT i'd switch right now.....

Alkaar
Jan 29, 2007, 11:58 AM
I myself am a Fortegunner, but whenever I join a party it seems like I'm the only FG. Sometimes when looking for Bruce parties, the majority of classes I see are Fortetechers, Fortefighters and Fighgunners. So I'm also going to say FG is a rarely played class and with SE4 on their rifles, they are definitely needed.

Natrokos
Jan 29, 2007, 12:01 PM
^ I have noticed alot of fortechers around Bruce aswell...(At least on 360)

Kuea
Jan 29, 2007, 12:02 PM
Rarest Class I see... Protranser

Second rarest class... Fortefighter

Most needed class... Fortefighter

I myself an a fortegunner, so I'm never in need of one XD but what I never seem to get in a party, is a good fortefighter http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

also, most over used class, guntecher and wartecher <.<;; Unless you are my friend, I hate playign with mixed classes XD except Protranser... god I love playign with them

Laranas
Jan 29, 2007, 12:03 PM
That's probably because there's a good deal of classes that can melee or range, but only 1 to choose if you really want to be a caster.

omegapirate2k
Jan 29, 2007, 12:30 PM
On 2007-01-29 08:52, Laranas wrote:

On 2007-01-29 08:50, omegapirate2k wrote:

You're _so_ not Jellen.

Cause Wartechers can _totally_ use Lv30 techs.

Once I learn to hack PSU, YOU SHALL ALL FEEL MY GEL INSULATED SOLE WRATH!!!

Tahldon
Jan 29, 2007, 12:55 PM
On 2007-01-29 09:01, Natrokos wrote:
^ I have noticed alot of fortechers around Bruce aswell...(At least on 360)

Booo I hate Bruces Dungeon >:(

That's the only stage in the game that BORES me!

Cruel fun is, to put my invites on block and walk around through the groups repeatedly >.>. *Hides the horns* It's fun..

BahnKnakyu
Jan 29, 2007, 02:56 PM
The hybrid classes are needed IMO - the most being a high class level PT and the second most being a smart GT. The problem is, there's not a ton of awesome hybrid class players out there. I've met a decent amount of Guntechers, but many fail to use the TECH part of GT. I can honestly count the number of good GTs who can support as well as a good WT or fT in one hand. I know they're not supposed to be primary support, but resta is resta is resta is resta, no matter what race or class you are. If the GT can keep back row players covered, that takes a load off the WT who will be covering the front end.

And with PTs, they really end up being kind of a double edged sword for the group at low class levels. The one PT I know isn't class level 5/6 yet, so he's mostly been a liability to the group - getting owned almost everywhere. Once they hit their maximum potential though, they absolutely rock, and I wish to see more capable PTs out there (Panzer_Unit, we need to meet!)

Rashiid
Jan 29, 2007, 03:01 PM
Cards and Laser Cannon? ka-sha....(i voted Guntech)