PDA

View Full Version : PSU-Mission: PA frags from Online Story Missions

danny_o
Jan 28, 2007, 03:29 PM
I was looking at the JP WIKI of PSU and it had a story mission section. From what I could figure out when you are lvl 60+ the monsters are lvl 30+, but if you manage to get an S rank you get PA frags. It said you need to do it in under 7 minutes to get S, in addition to killing 53~ monsters.

I thought that seemed too easy! So I run The Mask, repeating the first part where you have to take samples from plants. Well killing those buggers and getting the plants wasn't easy for me, lvl 63 Newman WT. I tried it about tens times and finally got S rank, got a little MP and meseta.....

and ten PA frags!!

Have any other 60+'s managed to pull off an S rank on a story mission? Please share your tips if you have been able to get S, because I had to pry those 10 PA frags out of that accursed mission. I need an A rank spear or twin dagger...me thinks.

Jey
Jan 28, 2007, 04:37 PM
The secret to S-ranking online story missions for melee is... Renkai Buyouzan and Dus Daggas, preferably matching elements, preferably a run-through at a lower level for familiarity, and a full stack of Photon Charges http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_mad.gif A few ranged weapons and traps with high level Burn SEs help a lot too. Refraining from using flyback PAs like Renkai #3 etc. helps a lot too.

I've S-ranked all the missions except for the two HIVE ones (fukkin Gaozoran) so far on both my Figh and my Fortetecher, so I can sorta say that with confidence.

Mission 1: Fire/Ice weaponry. Second part is just an obstacle course, but fire armor is nice when you do get hit by the fire spouts. Some sort of long-ranged weapon really helps for clearing out the barrels/rubble, which works out faster than using goggles to seek the keys/trapped stuff out. If not, just gauge your distance and take stuff out with shorter range guns.
Mission 2: Fire twins for all those stupid Gohmons, Earth stuff for Vahras, Ice spear/bullets for Jarbas. Just keep Photon Charging your good weapons and go nuts. Second trial you have a severe time limit for S-rank, but there is no monster kill requirement, so you only kill enough to open the gates. This means only kill the first 3 guys at the start to pop the gate, skip -everything- in the cavern area, then kill everything in front of the locked door to end the trial.
Mission 3: Fire bullets for the Gaozoran and the Tengohg things later, Light twin daggers/spears for everything else. It's tempting to use Confuse on Gaozoran because lv2 will work on them (and it's funny watching them Foie a Pannon), but they have SO much HP. Fire armor is really nice here, because dodging 3x huge Foies while dealing constant damage isn't always possible. This mission is inordinately hard and unless you've already beaten it I felt it's best to just get past it slow and steady rather than try to S-rank first time through.

Mission 4: First part, Dark daggers and burn SEs for the big guys, preferably daggers. Fire daggers for groups of Gohmons, Fire spear to wipe out singles. Second part you can reuse those fire daggers, but you will also be facing buffed Bils, so a Thunder Spear will kick ass. This one is pretty easy as long as you're efficient about killing stuff.

bob02
Jan 28, 2007, 04:40 PM
woah thx a lot for those trick.. ill use them later...

Golto
Jan 28, 2007, 04:46 PM
You only get 10 the first time you srank a story mission while being lvl 60+.

Niered
Jan 28, 2007, 06:21 PM
is this per story mission? What I mean is, if i get a S rank on one story mission, and then get a S rank on another, will i still get my 10 PA frags?

Eliash
Jan 28, 2007, 06:27 PM
I haven't done it yet, but I would assume so.

Jey
Jan 28, 2007, 06:28 PM
You can get 10 PA fragments per time trial as a first-time-only deal when you S-rank each at lv60+.

2 Time trials per mission. So 20 fragments per mission, 4 missions out, so potentially you can get 80 fragments.

danny_o
Jan 30, 2007, 02:06 AM
Ahh, thanks for th tips everyone!

Rashiid
Jan 30, 2007, 02:48 PM
DAMN FOREAL?!!?

o snap lemme try this out http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

ljkkjlcm9
Jan 30, 2007, 02:54 PM
I'm truly hoping they don't change this, and considering it works this way still in Japan, I don't think they will anytime soon

I'm too lazy to attempt these story missions without doing offline first

THE JACKEL