PDA

View Full Version : A Serious Problem with Dam' Spells and Wands/Rods PP usage

DarkSeph
Jan 28, 2007, 10:08 PM
Has anyone else noticed that when you use Dam Spells, like Dambarta especially, that sometimes it Drains PP for NO FREAKING REASON!!!!! and not a little either, like 90PP!!! at times

I thought after a couple weeks time this "glitch" would get fixed but ST is pissing me off now! When you use Wands to cast quicker this becomes a real pain in the A$$ as I'm sure any Ft or Force knows.

So WTF SEGA, get off your Pimple Infested Arses and FIX THIS PROBLEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rant.gif

Yeah, and I'm on the 360, not sure if this festering boil is on the PC/PS2 as well.

Rashiid
Jan 28, 2007, 10:09 PM
yeah theres been a post about this, and ive experienced it before

im used to it now, no biggie

Garnet_Moon
Jan 28, 2007, 10:15 PM
Mine takes like 200 away.

Rashiid
Jan 28, 2007, 10:17 PM
i had 400 left on 1 rod and i was left w/ 14 PP

DarkSeph
Jan 28, 2007, 10:21 PM
.....it happens quite often.......just look at your wand after casting and 50% of the time PP just dissappears into Fat Air! and your left going http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif.......!@#$%!@#$!@#$!#$~%@#$^!!!!!!!!! !

Rashiid
Jan 28, 2007, 10:21 PM
idk, like.....not too common, depends on how much u use Dam-spells

since most of 21+ or 18(current lowest), i use myne allot

it just.....happens http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Deprimenthia
Jan 28, 2007, 10:23 PM
Never happened to me... and I have Dambarta at level 19, and Damfoie at 16.

DarkSeph
Jan 28, 2007, 10:23 PM
....I shouldn't complain though if some people are having over 200 or even 400 just dissappear....Freaking A....that would make me wanna.....do bad things to ST

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DarkSeph on 2007-01-28 19:23 ]</font>

Garnet_Moon
Jan 28, 2007, 10:28 PM
I noticed it a lot when I use a Damu spell, switch to another stick to cast another thing, then switch back to my old Damu stick. I go from like 530 to 212. I'm like nuuuu because I have to use a Photon Charge more often. >.<

Umberger
Jan 28, 2007, 10:31 PM
I haven't noticed that, but I did notice another Damu- bug.

If you're using a Damu- spell and you drain your rod/wand, it will display (well on my Mayrod anyways) that it has 8pp, but it really has 0. I noticed when it went from 8pp to 7. >_<

Rashiid
Jan 28, 2007, 10:38 PM
cauz, on the 'PP Usage' part in ur tech description, it says '8 pp' for the needed part, meaning u need "atleast" 8 pp to use it

not sure why tho....but its not a bug

PMB960
Jan 28, 2007, 10:54 PM
I had one case where I used one full combo, all 8 hits, and suddenly the entire rod drained for no apparent reason. The first couple times I lost a couple hundred PP I though it was due to lag. But then that happend the first time I used the rod on the first enemy in the first mission I played that day so it couldn't be lagging from the previous day. I sucked too because charging those rods cost damn near 500 meseta each.

Rashiid
Jan 28, 2007, 10:56 PM
my mayrod alone cost 700

for sum reason, it doesnt drain Wands, cauz i hav mah only 2 dark spells on my Lidra, and thats the only one i havent experienced the PP drop.....or the Comentara

Umberger
Jan 28, 2007, 11:14 PM
On 2007-01-28 19:38, Rashiid wrote:
cauz, on the 'PP Usage' part in ur tech description, it says '8 pp' for the needed part, meaning u need "atleast" 8 pp to use it

...so a weapon displaying 8pp in the bottom right, then regenerating to 7pp isn't a bug? It sounds to me like it's displaying 8 when it should be displaying 0, which would be a bug.

DarkSeph
Jan 28, 2007, 11:17 PM
.......apparently......there are a LOT of bugs......this isn't even a consistant type of problem..... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

will this EVER END!

Ogni-XR21
Jan 29, 2007, 03:14 AM
The 8 pp on display are indeed there, they just get taken away a bit later.
The shorter you use dam techs, the more gets drained afterwards. You have a maybe 10 second window in which you can use the tech again, and it won't drain any extra pp, but once you don't use it any more you get a additional drain of pp.

I think this is because otherwise you could hit an entire mob of enemies with only 10 pp, which would be absolutely overpowered.

Arigan
Jan 29, 2007, 06:00 AM
I noticed this a while ago while leveling dambarta in LLA, and basically, I believe its the real PP cost of the spell. A few seconds after you finish casting dambarta it will knock off the cost, however if you cast again before it can, it doesn't take any away and simply makes the cost bigger. I noticed the amount lost after a few seconds consistantly took off more the longer I used dambarta/the more times I casted it before letting it take off the cost.

I have a couple theories as to how exactly it works.

1) This is a way to balance it. If you cast dambarta once, completely, it takes off a certain amount, not too much. You cast it again before it can take it off, and then the amount it'll take off after that more than doubles, penalizing you for "spamming" the spell. It'd keep getting bigger and bigger at an exponential rate of course.

2) Its just a flat amount for each cast. Personally I doubt this is the case cause it barely takes anything at all off after one cast.

A2K
Jan 29, 2007, 06:10 AM
Can someone get video of this? I want to see it for myself.

Maridia
Jan 29, 2007, 07:28 AM
It has happened to me, but only every so often. I'll use Dambarta, often several times in a row, and I'll have something like, 90 pp left on the wand. Then when I go to use it again, I won't be able to, as I'll have something like, 20 left.

Quit spazzing, Darkseph. A lot of games have glitches that happen sometimes. You're really over the top sometimes, man. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif I don't think it's fair to be so nasty to ST.

And sorry, I wish I could get a video. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Rashiid
Jan 29, 2007, 07:49 AM
On 2007-01-28 20:14, Umberger wrote:

On 2007-01-28 19:38, Rashiid wrote:

...so a weapon displaying 8pp in the bottom right, then regenerating to 7pp isn't a bug? It sounds to me like it's displaying 8 when it should be displaying 0, which would be a bug.

i think u dont understand.....

the fact that it drops to that PP IS indeed a bug

but if u hav less then 8 pp, u cannot use that dam spell

if another spell needs 8 pp to use [like lvl 1-10 diga], then u could still use it

the 'PP required' to cast that spell isnt a bug

read ur tech descripition, its under the percent it needs to lvl....

Dragon_Knight
Jan 29, 2007, 08:52 AM
As far as I can tell the PP drain when actualy casting the spell is the maintinace cost ("PP drain baised on lenght of button press" part). The drain afterwards is the actual spell cost itself. Granted it makes no sense to do it that way but thats what I've found about it.

omegapirate2k
Jan 29, 2007, 10:08 AM
It makes sense that it takes craploads of PP to do, because at higher levels Dambarta = Broken.

Rashiid
Jan 29, 2007, 02:27 PM
On 2007-01-29 07:08, omegapirate2k wrote:
It makes sense that it takes craploads of PP to do, because at higher levels Dambarta = Broken.

Hunters/rangers = hatin

its not broken

i mean seriously, its MAJIC! its ment to be powerful!

JAFO22000
Jan 29, 2007, 02:35 PM
Oh no, I'm a fortetecher and I agree, it's broken. They should've fixed this spell before anything else, IMO. It does drain the crap out of your PP, but MAN...hitting 10 Badira's for 750 a pop 8 times in 8 seconds? That's 7500/sec. and 60,000 for the whole duration of the spell.....

It's also very distracting.

And, I have never seen this glitch happen. Then again, I don't spam the crap out of it. I only use it when there are a lot of fire based creatures in front of me.

Rashiid
Jan 29, 2007, 02:44 PM
i dont get it

ppl hav the nerve to say 'o forces attacks are good, but 1 full combo can outpower a force' then when we get 1 powerful spell, they start complainin

++ it drains our rods in 2 seconds, so we dont even use it every 2 seconds (unless theyre a noob force)

AND we cant see anything! how many times hav i goten smacked by foie and megid on HIVE S cauz i cant see? so i really dont use it

and damfoie pwns it anyway......

SolomonGrundy
Jan 29, 2007, 03:40 PM
the PP drain is a tax on ForteTechers for being so pwoerful...

;-p

Laranas
Jan 29, 2007, 03:42 PM
On 2007-01-29 11:27, Rashiid wrote:

On 2007-01-29 07:08, omegapirate2k wrote:

Hunters/rangers = hatin

its not broken

i mean seriously, its MAJIC! its ment to be powerful!

We're only hating cause we can't see a goddamn thing when you use it.

JAFO22000
Jan 29, 2007, 03:52 PM
Heh! At least we can now get back at the hunters who like to throw creatures all around the room....lol!

Rashiid
Jan 29, 2007, 07:55 PM
^ exactally.

if im doin a mission when im tryna lvl a spell, an di see rising strike? i boot em before they hit the ground lol

and we cant see a goddamn thing either, so we suffer also http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

and if ur inside the ice, u should be safe anyway

PMB960
Jan 29, 2007, 08:06 PM
That doesn't explain how it drained the entire rod or even just 200 extra PP after 1 cast while the rod was full. It was the first time I had cast a spell too. It already drains about 100+ PP for 8 hits at level 21, so it shouldn't be taking another 200 off of that. For some rods that is easily 1/4 of the entire bar for 1 cast and that is for A rank rods never mind B or C rank ones. Also it isn't just Dambarta. I have leveled all the Dam- techs equally and this has occured with all of them.

Rashiid
Jan 29, 2007, 08:22 PM
yeah, its every dam spell

its even worse when they past 21, im talkin ur rod would hav 700 PP left, then tha glitch thing happens, and ill hav 16 PP.....>:O

Thrash777
Jan 29, 2007, 09:32 PM
Yep, I've had this, and I bet you Jonty will DEFINATELY complain in this topic very shortly! As his main character is a fT, and it happens to him all the time!

Esufer
Jan 29, 2007, 09:58 PM
My take on it is that Damubarta uses up so much PP as to save everyone elses retinas from being permanently damaged.

Although more realistically, I could see it as a punishment for spamming the spell.

MoNoMaTe_MoNkEy
Jan 30, 2007, 12:49 AM
What I believe is happening is that the server thinks that you're still casting the spell if you stop and start again halfway through Dambarta or any other Dam' spell, and sends a request for additional PP reduction. In order to stop this, use a different spell (non Dam') like Diga or Foie. This will send the server a different signal saying that the Dam' spell has stopped casting and a different spell was cast, thus negating any additional reduction in PP. It works for me.