PDA

View Full Version : Which stat do you want most in your armor?

DRO
Jan 29, 2007, 03:48 AM
High %? High def, eva? specific slots? Just curious, because up until today i was getting Pwned by S rank HIVE, I was using a stock teroline with 25% lightning. Then I saw a 50% dark brandline in the shop for a great price, so I bought it. Though I am losing my SUV by not having an extra slot, I am able to cruise through HIVE now...The brandline with 50% decreases the damage by 125 + on megid enemies. Fire is a different story, but I was shocked at how well the 2 star armor was holding up....I was taking 225 + damage on hits from the bigger enemies...which now hit me at around 98-108 damage...and what is even funnier is tha I am just cruising along while another memberin my party jus bought a sori-senba from me for 349k...and he was getting DESTROYED in there...sorry for the long story..Iknew %s were important...buthad no idea they made such an impact....now im lookin for a 50% dark ageha senba..so I can use the 2 slots and SUV..FTW!!!

--
Mod edit: fix title

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dhylec on 2007-01-29 12:35 ]</font>

Ether
Jan 29, 2007, 03:52 AM
Well, you sorta answered your own question there. Elemental % is ridiculously overpowered

Ogni-XR21
Jan 29, 2007, 04:05 AM
My Har-Senba has 22% dark, but it's just not enough for HIVE S megid yet... just a little bit more mst and I will be good (I hope).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ogni-XR21 on 2007-01-29 01:06 ]</font>

Callous
Jan 29, 2007, 05:56 AM
MST.

Jasam
Jan 29, 2007, 06:33 AM
MST / Ele%

Maridia
Jan 29, 2007, 07:35 AM
I hope to one day- er, *cough* I HOPE TO ONE DAY HAVE A COLLECTION OF NICE ARMOR IN ALL ELEMENTS. BUT DEF IS NICE, AS I AM A WT AND HAVE PLENTY OF EVASION ALREADY.

<3

bob02
Jan 29, 2007, 07:38 AM
Def/mstand arm/extra/body slot...

%element is good if u got more than 1 armor...

im newearl so i dont need to worry too much about elemental dmg http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Eliash
Jan 29, 2007, 07:49 AM
Didn't we have a conversation before about the caps lock? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif Anyhow I perfer DEF as a Fighgunner since it doesn't interupt PA. High elements (in your favor) doesn't hurt either.

Thrash777
Jan 29, 2007, 08:30 AM
MST perferably, cos of my Beast fF...
But I like having huge DFP, so I always go with Youmei (senba) armor! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

ArcanaSaber
Jan 29, 2007, 08:53 AM
The % is important for me since im getting hit like a piniata at hive lol.

Itchee
Jan 29, 2007, 09:47 AM
High EVA.

Keep yer grubby mitts offa me!

omegapirate2k
Jan 29, 2007, 09:58 AM
Either evasion or defense, but usually I stick with defense as I go with the GRM armors because of their slots (Arm+ extra slots are crucial, body is nice, but not necessary). And although I'd love to say that I have the same armor in opposing elements that I can switch in and out of, I don't, so I try to have all my armor in neutral.

Golto
Jan 29, 2007, 10:36 AM
People are just stupid if they don't say high element %. There will never be any armor with high enough dfp and mst to be able to reduce dmg like high element %.

MayLee
Jan 29, 2007, 01:28 PM
Don't mean to sound mean but, do you have to place caps lock on all your thread titles? I may be blind but GOD DAMN.

Reiichi
Jan 29, 2007, 01:39 PM
Elemental % is hands down the winner in all areas. No amount of dfp/evp/mst + body units will make up for the value that high elemental % gives.

Second up would be your units. Casts need their extra for SUV, forces like their head slot, lots of people like rainbow, damage dealers like their arm.

Last would be stats. EVP sucks for melee and probably rangers too. Nothing like having your PA being interrupted and wasting PP, or your normal swing being interrupted. I truly wish there was some +DFP/-EVP unit out there. I'd use it in a heartbeat over the rainbow.

Akaimizu
Jan 29, 2007, 02:00 PM
I'll agree on an elemental protection boost. That is very important. I'm also very particular about a PP regen boost as well.

Though that could be helped if Photon Charges dropped at the rarity of which they are really labelled. They're like the polar opposite of Moon Atomizer Xs.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-01-29 11:00 ]</font>

Almalexia
Jan 29, 2007, 03:13 PM
^You speak truth about the PC's and Moon X's. I've had a full stack of PC's one time, but I've had several stacks of Moon X's throughout my career. And maybe 8 PCC's out of the whole 4 months.

Gazette
Jan 29, 2007, 03:22 PM
Bought a 28% Dark Yamata-senba cause it was really cheap way back when...
Didn't know it'd help so much on Hive S, the 28% coupled with my High MST makes it much easier to survive.

McLaughlin
Jan 29, 2007, 03:25 PM
FTW is just "What the fuck" backwards. >_>

I like high DEF. I hate evading in the middle of my PA (especially the high PP ones). As long as it has an Extra slot and isn't weaker than my current Armor I'm set.

Laranas
Jan 29, 2007, 03:34 PM
I thought my Wartecher had enough EVP, but buffed monsters can tear him a new one... so I prefer EVP and Ele %.. EVP for most things and ele % to not get owned by technics (like Damubarta spammers)

SolomonGrundy
Jan 29, 2007, 03:34 PM
if we are just talking stats:
MST>DFP>EVP

every class except 1 (possibly 2), has MST issues. 100MST is simply not enough to redcue tech damage at any rank over C.

DFP is next, as it always works. Say what you want about elemental %s, but many many missions have creatures with opposing elements, so picking an element can be tricky. DFP redcues damage unilaterally, so every little bit helps.

EVP is last for reasons mentioned above, AND additional reasons: you must have a lot of EVP for things to "miss" (evp block). a little EVP does nothing (unlike DFP).

Garnet_Moon
Jan 29, 2007, 03:45 PM
High elemental %.

Akaimizu
Jan 29, 2007, 03:48 PM
Not to mention a successful EVP is the most useless of the bunch when you deal with multiple attacks coming at you. It's nice if you can keep very few or 1 attack coming at you at a time; but once multiples come, a successful Evade is as much a liability as a good landed attack.

Case in point, a successful evade holds you right in place, unable to move for about a second. Monsters just love it when I successfully block, allowing all the following attacks to simply land on me. Doubly, if those extra attacks are all 100% hit success rate Techniques.

At lower levels, with slow monsters, it's nice, but evade starts to lose its use at high levels.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-01-29 12:49 ]</font>

Laranas
Jan 29, 2007, 03:49 PM
High evade is only an issue for me when a monster attacks during a PA.. cause I block it. Every. Single. Time. And my PA stops, no doubtly after I fed it some PP.

SolomonGrundy
Jan 29, 2007, 04:59 PM
The good news: You can block Techs with EVP. I've done it.

The bad news: It's inconsistent.

Schubalts
Jan 29, 2007, 05:32 PM
EVP. I'd rather lose some PP than get slammed to the ground and ripped apart.

VanHalen
Jan 29, 2007, 05:38 PM
On 2007-01-29 14:32, Schubalts wrote:

Reiichi
Jan 29, 2007, 06:05 PM
The beauty of high elemental % with additional dfp/mst is that knockdown attacks won't knockdown. Knockback attacks won't knockback. Flinch attacks won't flinch. Worms jellen won't jellen. Flamethrowers won't cause you to combust. Ice won't cause you to freeze. Etc.etc.

EVP might prevent you from getting slammed to the ground once out of 5 hits, but you will hit the ground the other 4. Elemental % and DFP (especially for melee) could prevent you from getting slammed to the ground 5 out of 5.

Initially I played force, and ranger when I started off. I didn't care about armor because psh, armor is for staying alive, and that's what resta is for. Switched to figunner down the line and figured, 'who needs armor, I have a bone dance!' as I took my 200 hits and collapsed with each worm spin on MD S. Then I got elemental armor and I never went green again.

Attacks knockdown and knockback and flinch depending on the type of attack, and how much HP it knocks out of you. This is where having high HP actually matters rather than just surviving a OHKO. Let's take ollakas and goshins (or whatever those cows and worms are called in MD S). If you can reduce damage down to 5% your total HP or less, you will not get knocked off your feet from back kicks and worm spin attacks. Instead you'll get flinched, but eh you can go back to fighting rather than having to slowly stand up.

Most attacks aren't of the knockdown variety. Instead, they'll cause flinch after they've knocked out a certain % of your hp, or do nothing at all if they do less. This is why it is very important for hunters and other melee to be properly armored as they will be attacked constantly.

Forces just try to survive with their weak HP. It will be hard for them to get enough DFP and elemental % to not get knockdowned from a knockdown attack. The elemental % will be important for surviving hard attacks, and for everything else EVP is all they have to rely on. EVP doesn't interfere with technics as much as it does striking PAs.

huntlyon
Jan 29, 2007, 06:13 PM
after 3 days.. I finally got a 42% busterline to synth... level 57 and that place still wrecked me hardcore.

I'm not taking on the hive again until I've got some light weapons and 5-10 more levels

McLaughlin
Jan 29, 2007, 06:32 PM
On 2007-01-29 14:32, Schubalts wrote:

You don't get sent flying with high DEF.

SolomonGrundy
Jan 29, 2007, 07:27 PM
On 2007-01-29 15:05, Reiichi wrote:
The beauty of high elemental % with additional dfp/mst is that knockdown attacks won't knockdown. Knockback attacks won't knockback. Flinch attacks won't flinch. Worms jellen won't jellen. Flamethrowers won't cause you to combust. Ice won't cause you to freeze. Etc.etc.

Well, that's just the problem, isn't it? Worms are Fire, and Gohmons are ice. So do you want to get Frozen, or knocked over and Jellened?

McLaughlin
Jan 29, 2007, 07:29 PM
Gohmon's Barta sucks way more ass than being hit by a Worm, especially if you get pegged by a King Gohmon.

BahnKnakyu
Jan 29, 2007, 07:32 PM
Proper elemental percent first then...

DFP. I've always been a DFP fan even in PSO. EVP is a liability for HUs and other classes that may have to risk getting up close and personal to do good damage. EVP is for FOs, for the reason Reichi stated - you won't have a lot of DFP anyway, backing up bad DFP with more DFP just gives you mediocre DFP. You'll be knocked down anyway and will be running away quite a bit (unless you're a WT, of course <3 ) and because of that you need the high EVP to increase your chances of avoiding hard attacks. EVP is there to get out out of the fire. DFP/MST is there to keep you IN there.

Reiichi
Jan 29, 2007, 07:34 PM
It's called armor swapping and being careful.

If there's worms + mages I go ice armor first and focus on taking out the mages as they tend to be the most deadly for the team. Rely on your radar as mages hardly move but worms do. Mages are also easier to kill for melee.

If there's agreetas (whatever those rapters are called) + ollakas I just go fire armor and not worry about the agreetas since those are weak and die fast anyways.

SolomonGrundy
Jan 29, 2007, 07:37 PM
On 2007-01-29 16:34, Reiichi wrote:
It's called armor swapping and being careful.

If there's worms + mages I go ice armor first and focus on taking out the mages as they tend to be the most deadly for the team. Rely on your radar as mages hardly move but worms do. Mages are also easier to kill for melee.

If there's agreetas (whatever those rapters are called) + ollakas I just go fire armor and not worry about the agreetas since those are weak and die fast anyways.

what it's *really* called is Neudiaz kinda sucking for non MST having classes. As a wartecher, your MST is high enough to survive a few barta's, so Fire armor is your friend.

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Rashiid
Jan 29, 2007, 07:37 PM
i cant swap armor, thats too much

im just gonna buy a sori-senba, so i hav all 4 slots, and its pretty neutral since its onl 11% ice

gotta hav mah slots http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Reiichi
Jan 29, 2007, 07:53 PM
Armor swapping is easy if you know what's coming. And even if you don't it only takes a second IF you're not also swapping units.

For MD S with fire + ice monsters I was swapping between an ageha-senba (fire) and a gi-senba (ice). Reason being I can stack on rainbow, headgear for +mst, and the extra slot for +sta for less freezing. It's also low B* armor so it's not hard to synth even on the 360. Only reason I had a gi-senba was because it was bought (44%) for cheap so I didn't have to make one like the ageha-senba. No need to replace units with those two as they use the same slots, but I didn't miss the arm unit really either.

For a fortetecher it might not matter since you don't get hit. If you ever do get hit, I hope you carry scapes because it's going to hurt a LOT. MD/Forested/Onma are tough because you can get caught with the wrong armor. For most other zones like hive, LL, FFF, agata, or even any map in parum you might as well wear elemental armor because it will help a lot when you do get hit. Please don't wear an ice sori-senba to bruce's because it has 4 slots, that makes me sad.

Light armor in agata will help a ton. Dark armor in HIVE will help a ton too. Wearing fire or lightning armor in Parum will help a lot, and it will help a ton if you have both. You don't NEED A rank armor UNLESS you have units that require them. Example.

50% Fire ageha-senba (4*) defends noticably better against fire than a 30% fire yamata-senba (9*). That's how much % matters. Sadly I am using a yamata-senba now because I have an A arm unit that requires attention. Instead of forking over 360k for an 11% sori-senba which offers crap protection to all elements, consider getting some ageha-senbas made of elemental property (photons are cheap on 360) so that you will be adequately protected for many of the zones you go to. Ageha-senbas are not that hard to make (4*) and are pretty cheap. You can also reuse them for newbie characters due to their low DFP requirements. For ice there is the store bought gi-senba. For everything else there's mastercard.

Neutral is only for the lazy. I'm not trying to be elite about this. I'm just pointing out that an 11% sori-senba is crap since on the 360 it will cost you PLENTY and offer little. Hell if you see a cheap 2-3* armor with a high % pick it up. You might be surprised at how much it can protect you if it's the right element.

SolomonGrundy
Jan 29, 2007, 08:00 PM
oh come now. VERY few have ready access to 50% armors. I have synthed/shopped/etc a LOT, and have rarely seen anything for sale that is for sale at anything approaching reasonable in price.

I have a 44% lightning 3* armor that works well in Parnum, but it's c rank, and well, C rank sucks.

Rashiid
Jan 29, 2007, 08:10 PM
but ppl sell stupid prices for 50% things....

'hanzo 50% fire 500k!!'

umm....id maybe pay like 135k, but 500k? thats so stupid.....

Golto
Jan 29, 2007, 08:26 PM
We would kill for a 50% fire hanzo for only 500k on ps2/pc.

I really wish people would stop thinking sori senba is such a good armor. It has all 4 slots big deal. You are stuck with ice element and as of now fire enemies greatly out number ice enemies. I have quite a few failures in bruce's beacuse of people running around w/ sori in A runs.

Reiichi
Jan 29, 2007, 09:04 PM
Uh, people don't sell 50% stuff because it's worth a lot. Synth it yourself. You don't even need 50%, as that was just an example comparing the ageha-senba and the yamata-senba. Even a 20% armor will provide very good protection especially with rainbow and isn't too hard to get if you go for 4*.

44% lightning is great even for a C rank. It's too bad you can't use rainbow on it or an extra slot though. Any newbie you make will have no fear of vahra leaders =p I'm sure taking half damage isn't a bad thing.

norrisj15
Jan 29, 2007, 10:05 PM
yeah i got a brandline w/ 50% dark. i synthed it its amazing except for the foies. I switch to my 50% fire shield for them http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif. thats how fortechers with money roll