PDA

View Full Version : Worm Problems! Best Way to X-Terminate?!

DarkSeph
Jan 29, 2007, 04:51 AM
Title says it all.........What Spell/Skill do you think is the Best! way to exterminate those buggers?

I was thinking maybe a Gi Spell like GiBarta and obviously Ice Bullets but am I missing something even easier?

Thanx to anyone who feels like sharing their wisdoms http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

lostinseganet
Jan 29, 2007, 05:01 AM
Lowering their def and increasing your attack power will help.

Ether
Jan 29, 2007, 05:06 AM
Dambarta or a shotgun blast to the face

Shadow_Wing
Jan 29, 2007, 05:08 AM
ice ammo.

Sekani
Jan 29, 2007, 05:12 AM
Spiral Dance actually works pretty well.

Retehi
Jan 29, 2007, 05:13 AM
I second point blank shotgun blast, ice ammo at that. Hits em hard.

Knight_of_MIA
Jan 29, 2007, 07:25 AM
On 2007-01-29 01:51, DarkSeph wrote:
Title says it all.........What Spell/Skill do you think is the Best! way to exterminate those buggers?

I was thinking maybe a Gi Spell like GiBarta and obviously Ice Bullets but am I missing something even easier?

Thanx to anyone who feels like sharing their wisdoms http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Diga at high level (21+)

Maridia
Jan 29, 2007, 07:31 AM
Hit them till they stop moving. That usually works best.

Oh, and ice anything is usually a good bet.

Laranas
Jan 29, 2007, 07:34 AM
Are we talking Neudaiz Worms or Moatoob Worms? For Neudaiz, I use the new Dagger PA to quickly stun them and let the rest of the team tear em up before they recover.

omegapirate2k
Jan 29, 2007, 10:18 AM
Isn't the second knuckle PA especially effective against burrowed enemies? That's what I'd been hearing before we got the PA, I don't use knuckles so I wouldn't know know.

Itchee
Jan 29, 2007, 10:28 AM
Two Gunners with SE4 Freeze = Problem Solved.

Laranas
Jan 29, 2007, 10:31 AM
On 2007-01-29 07:28, Itchee wrote:

Not exactly.. the freeze is usually broken almost instantly from melee attacks, I prefer stunning them with a PA

Kuya
Jan 29, 2007, 10:56 AM
In the case of the worms - I believe that stun beats out freeze since they have to "get up" again. By that time, most PAs are ready to stun (or knock back) down http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Akaimizu
Jan 29, 2007, 11:14 AM
The best way to X-Terminate is to bring a Dalek.

But since that's not a possible solution I'm a fan of when the PAs stun, or bullets freeze.. Still as a not quite as popular solution, I'm surprised how well Burn SEs work on them. Yes, they are often a fire element, and it's generally not the smartest thing to use like elements on like enemies. But it seems that someone at Sega forgot to factor in the lasting damage of the Burn SE. It lasts a decent amount of time, and seems to hit for its evil damage even if the original hit did less. It constantly burns them underground, and soon they'll just pop up and keel over.

If you have high burn, and a pretty good rate of SE, it's not a bad way to go with them, and in some ways, can deal with a group faster than other methods. Still, how fast is still a factor of luck.

9lotus
Jan 29, 2007, 11:18 AM
if you see them clumped together, shoot them with a grenade launcher, keeps them down

Laranas
Jan 29, 2007, 11:24 AM
On 2007-01-29 08:14, Akaimizu wrote:
The best way to X-Terminate is to bring a Dalek.

But since that's not a possible solution I'm a fan of when the PAs stun, or bullets freeze.. Still as a not quite as popular solution, I'm surprised how well Burn SEs work on them. Yes, they are often a fire element, and it's generally not the smartest thing to use like elements on like enemies. But it seems that someone at Sega forgot to factor in the lasting damage of the Burn SE. It lasts a decent amount of time, and seems to hit for its evil damage even if the original hit did less. It constantly burns them underground, and soon they'll just pop up and keel over.
I hate taking 2 dmg from a vanda's flamethrower and burning for 80 a tick. I absolutely hate it.

Akaimizu
Jan 29, 2007, 11:26 AM
I hear ya. Works for the receiving end as well. It's almost broken given that I'm not even sure any kind of flame-resistant armors even take into effect with them.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-01-29 08:27 ]</font>

jizaboz
Jan 29, 2007, 11:36 AM
Ground-type techniques are effective...

Itchee
Jan 29, 2007, 11:55 AM
On 2007-01-29 07:31, Laranas wrote:

On 2007-01-29 07:28, Itchee wrote:

Not exactly.. the freeze is usually broken almost instantly from melee attacks, I prefer stunning them with a PA

Bah. Two or more gunners with maxed freeze and theyre not moving very much. Period.

Reiichi
Jan 29, 2007, 01:25 PM
For general purpose try a grenade launcher.

For melee the cheap 1h dagger PA, rising crush full combo, and spiral dance full combo work well.

Or if you're a fortefighter with good enough fire armor to take 0s from everything, stand in the middle and redda the hell outta everything.

Freezing works too, but all too often worms burrow right after the ice breaks. They are also more likely to burrow if you keep shooting them ranged rather than let them take a swing at you and leave themselves vulnerable.

BahnKnakyu
Jan 29, 2007, 02:29 PM
Actually, freezing is pretty effective, especially if you and your party members have lag of different amounts. The monsters are "seen" differently in each person's screen, so if one person frezes them, the server registers it to the other players as frozen, whether they're burrowed or not. The freeze also forces them to unburrow, allowing you to beat them down. Couple this up with another player who doesn't have the same sync as you, and we're talking about freeze digging them up outta the ground in an almost constant basis.