PDA

View Full Version : Uh what the heck Maya Sidows barrier ?? o.0

Pentence
Jan 29, 2007, 06:49 AM
I was playing the fourth mission on online story mode when i noticed I,Laia and Sidow had these gold rings around us.Aparently Maya cast it as once the three "bumpers" that made up the ring disapaeared re apeared when Maya cast some tech.I have no idea what the effect was but i have a theory,as i wasnt hurt when i got hit i noticed once.I noticed that thiers disapeared much faster than mine n the only difference between us was number of hits.So i speculate that you can take three hits with no damage once this is cast.haveing a bumper disapear each hit naturaly.

SO then anyone else seen this and or have an idea as to what it is?

-Ryuki-
Jan 29, 2007, 06:50 AM
Those have been seen since Agata's Relics have first opened.

It's three hits. Basically a shield tech.

Ether
Jan 29, 2007, 06:53 AM
Dizas: A ground-based TECHNIC. Creates a field that reduces damage from physical attacks
Rentis: A light-based TECHNIC. Creates a field that reduces damage from TECHNIC attacks

They're both unreleased on the JP version, gunna be a long time untill we see them over here

Dragon_Knight
Jan 29, 2007, 08:54 AM
I've only seen Maya cast it when the party is severly out numbered...I love the donuts though...

Eliash
Jan 29, 2007, 09:10 AM
I like the spell, but I just don't like the look. Something about it just doesn't look right to me...

omegapirate2k
Jan 29, 2007, 10:05 AM
Maya's MAIN barrier is her sub-par intelligence. All beauty, but no brains...

pineapple
Jan 29, 2007, 12:59 PM
On 2007-01-29 07:05, omegapirate2k wrote:

Seriously, I love how she'll just stand behind me and do absolutely nothing. The majority of the time she would also rather die than heal.

MayLee
Jan 29, 2007, 01:06 PM
She strifes around me all the time, I can never get her to cast AT LEAST One freaking spell

A2K
Jan 29, 2007, 01:14 PM
They still haven't fixed the 450/Maya/NPC healing bug on 360 yet, have they? I recall on the import Maya completely flipping out with the Resta when anyone even came close to half HP. I exaggerate, of course, but I honestly could say you could actually count on her for that, at least. Her survivability still left something to be desired, though--Force and whatnot, you know?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: A2K on 2007-01-29 10:20 ]</font>

Akaimizu
Jan 29, 2007, 01:16 PM
Maya still has a chance to do that, offline. Though online, that's a different story. When I imitate Maya's triple casting thing, I'm mainly referencing the offline version.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-01-29 10:17 ]</font>

BahnKnakyu
Jan 29, 2007, 02:33 PM
Re: her healing

They fixed it in PC/PS2, not in XBox 360.

Edit: And her barrier is obviously her Pamela Anderson-sized boobs.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BahnKnakyu on 2007-01-29 11:33 ]</font>

Itchee
Jan 29, 2007, 02:36 PM
On 2007-01-29 09:59, pineapple wrote:

On 2007-01-29 07:05, omegapirate2k wrote:

Seriously, I love how she'll just stand behind me and do absolutely nothing. The majority of the time she would also rather die than heal.

The only quote you need....

"I'm coming from behind!"

Shiro_Ryuu
Jan 29, 2007, 02:42 PM
Maya heals me quite a lot, she's probably the most helpful NPC because of that, and its nice to see an NPC partner who isnt' a Hunter for a change, especially since ALL of my characters are Hunters.

Sephlock
Jan 29, 2007, 04:12 PM
The majority of the time she would also rather die than heal.

Sounds like some Forces I know http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif.

-Ryuki-
Jan 29, 2007, 05:00 PM
Maya's AI has been fixed. Her AI is the same as the 450's AI, and since we all know the 450 has been fixed, she has been fixed as well. At least, she's supposed to have been fixed.

VanHalen
Jan 29, 2007, 05:07 PM
On 2007-01-29 10:06, MayLee wrote:
She strifes around me all the time, I can never get her to cast AT LEAST One freaking spell

actually i take back what i said about maya before i used her in a party last night and she was more helpful than laia. she used resta and radiga and burned stuff with her crossbow.

OdinTyler
Jan 30, 2007, 11:04 AM
Maya also does a boost that raises your MST/TP (a white up arrow next to your char name) & an accuracy/agility boost signified by a yellow arrow. Ive debated if I should learn these on my Force. However, Ive found that when Maya gives them too me, theyre actually not bad.