PDA

View Full Version : PSUJP 2/1 update quickie summary

Lyrise
Jan 29, 2007, 08:56 AM
http://phantasystaruniverse.jp/news/wis/?mode=view&id=217

This update is fairly small, so I won't elaborate much.

-Valentine Lobbies: Self-explanatory, however you might find something odd about the battlefields too... Also get ready for more news concerning GM Event "Sierra's Valentine Present"

-New clothes: This is self-explanatory too.

IMPORTANT
-Boss rebalancing: Any boss monster lv20 or greater will be rebalanced, and most likely strengthened.

That's all for now, see you all next week!

Skuda
Jan 29, 2007, 08:59 AM
Finally some decent clothing for the guys!

May have to wait a few months, but I'd say it's worth it.

Thanks for the update.

Laranas
Jan 29, 2007, 09:07 AM
Love Rappies, anyone?

Eliash
Jan 29, 2007, 09:07 AM
GM Event...http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

EspioKaos
Jan 29, 2007, 09:26 AM
On 2007-01-29 05:59, Skuda wrote:
Finally some decent clothing for the guys!

May have to wait a few months, but I'd say it's worth it.

Thanks for the update.
I have to agree with you on that. Definitely worth the wait. The ASFA line of clothing is my personal favorite, so I've been wondering when more would be released. At least, as you said, this gives us an idea of when the NA/EU servers will get these clothes. (Already got it planned out... My beast's going to be dressed in the Roar Roars vest with the Boaboa shorts and boots. Not sure on the colors yet, though.)

BeatZero
Jan 29, 2007, 09:43 AM
Bleh, looks like more spandex for males...I'll stick with what I have now thanks.

Kamica
Jan 29, 2007, 10:07 AM
Another week of S2 Labs huh? It is reasonable since I do still have stuff that that I want to buy. I am quite interested in finding more details about the GM event in the near future.

Neith
Jan 29, 2007, 10:12 AM
Metal Skirt!111

Good to see that released on JP- gives me a rough timeframe of how long my Fighgunner's gotta look terrible for http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Boss Rebalancing Sounds good too, most (at least, the ones on US/EU so far) are far too easy.

Retehi
Jan 29, 2007, 10:18 AM
Finally some male clothes, that won't make me look like a weaboo. Not a bad wait I guess.

Umberger
Jan 29, 2007, 11:17 AM
On 2007-01-29 05:56, Lyrise wrote:
-Valentine Lobbies: Self-explanatory, however you might find something odd about the battlefields too...

I'm assuming that means new Rappies. If the battlefields/normal monsters are different too, awesome.

Akaimizu
Jan 29, 2007, 11:21 AM
Uh oh. More male clothes. That's a good thing, though the 3rd one from the left looks like we're going to invite a lot of Final Fantasy 8 character wannabes into the fold. Not that I have to mention specific names or anything.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-01-29 08:22 ]</font>

Axel3792
Jan 29, 2007, 12:40 PM
Meh, I already have met a few Squall's around...

rena-ko
Jan 29, 2007, 12:46 PM
boss rebalancing, eh?... *twidges*

Syanaide
Jan 29, 2007, 12:48 PM
Could this finally be De Ragan's downfall?

Akaimizu
Jan 29, 2007, 12:50 PM
You never know. Maybe the boss rebalancing is to attempt to make the same-level bosses as equally difficult. Like, for just one example, how a lower level Omnagohg is more difficult than a higher level De-Ragan. Particularly since De Ragan can't hit you with a stunning trap right before pouring a purple field of high death on you. That, among other things.

As for whether this can make De-Ragan less popular. I don't think so, unless they make him/her super hard. In general, it's the content of the entire level that makes it tasty. It's still a generally short-timed level, for the reward, in comparison.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-01-29 09:52 ]</font>

Lyrise
Jan 29, 2007, 03:04 PM
On 2007-01-29 09:46, rena-ko wrote:

I'm with you on that one. If they boost DeRagnus or Magana any further, I'm going to blow a full stack of scape dolls in a single fight in S (not even going to comment of IF S2 arrives).

Itsuki
Jan 29, 2007, 03:16 PM
Oh man, they're releasing my saber outfit!!!
http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f369/Akukame/MechaSaber.jpg

<3 saber <3

Anyways, nice to see such a good lot of clothing. The rebalancing is probably really needed. Onma on average doesn't even get to fly in S or S2. He just kind falls on the ground and wiggles and we laugh at him.

EDIT: I might get some bigger pictures of the new outfits later if I don't feel too lazy. XD

EDIT2: Female clothes:
Set 1 (http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f369/Akukame/NewClothesf1s.jpg)
Set 2 (http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f369/Akukame/NewClothesf2s.jpg)
<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Itsuki-chan on 2007-01-29 12:22 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Itsuki-chan on 2007-01-29 15:59 ]</font>

Almalexia
Jan 29, 2007, 03:23 PM
Yea that's going to play a huge role in rather or not I retire my human Ff for my CAST.

Rebalancing the bosses lvl20 or greater = Soloing B runs are going to be a bitch.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Almalexia on 2007-01-29 12:25 ]</font>

Soukosa
Jan 29, 2007, 03:45 PM
On 2007-01-29 12:04, Lyrise wrote:

On 2007-01-29 09:46, rena-ko wrote:

I'm with you on that one.

That makes three of us. Doesn't lv 20+ bosses cover all of the bosses? (Mini "bosses" don't count here.) Which would likely mean a possible adjustment of their stat mods, oh joyous...

Almalexia
Jan 29, 2007, 04:20 PM
Which means. . .C rank De Ragan is going to be pure hell for any new players, or people lvling alts lol.

VanHalen
Jan 29, 2007, 05:17 PM
so with this new theme im never gonna hear the colony theme song again http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif i was hoping(though i like this new song) that i can hear the colony them while walking around again

Vergil_Sparda
Jan 29, 2007, 05:31 PM
Badass cast parts in that update http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

SolomonGrundy
Jan 29, 2007, 05:38 PM
Also, are mini bosses like Svaltus being buffed? Facing 3 of them is annoying enough, without getting them harder...

I was thinking that bosses are hard enough, TYVM...Which bosses are easy? 2 of them fly, which makes life irritating for a fighter type. 2 of them fly a LOT, which is even more vexing...

(edit: I solo a lot)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SolomonGrundy on 2007-01-29 14:44 ]</font>

Itsuki
Jan 29, 2007, 06:10 PM
Also, are mini bosses like Svaltus being buffed? Facing 3 of them is annoying enough, without getting them harder...
Most of the "mini-bosses" are regular badguys in other areas. Depending on the spawn you get, you may see 20 grina beta in the megahna mission. You may see 15-ish seed vance in Hive. You may see a large number of svalatus in Denes Relics.

Because of this, I doubt they're getting a buff.

Scejntjynahl
Jan 29, 2007, 06:20 PM
The only sad thing about clothing/parts being released is that everyone will whorde them and at the end you wind up looking like everyone else. T_T

Solo_Wing
Jan 29, 2007, 06:48 PM
Been waiting for that caseal set to be released for sometime, now that jp are getting it we will be, sooner rather then later http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

PJ
Jan 29, 2007, 07:57 PM
I dunno, has anyone thought that boss rebalance doesn't NECESSARILY mean stronger? Jesus.

P_C_A
Jan 29, 2007, 08:08 PM
Alright, awesome CAST parts http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif loving the oversized floating shoulderpads

Lyrise
Jan 29, 2007, 08:46 PM
On 2007-01-29 16:57, PJ wrote:
I dunno, has anyone thought that boss rebalance doesn't NECESSARILY mean stronger? Jesus.

Actually, according to the statement on the update page, they are getting stronger, not weaker.

Umberger
Jan 29, 2007, 08:55 PM
Just a thought...if the GM Events are supposedly going to have rewards (kinda like some items in PSO were only obtainable through quests), maybe this will be how you can get the Safety Heart and Twin Bouquets items? They both seem fairly Valentine's Day related.

PALRAPPYS
Jan 29, 2007, 08:59 PM
What are the GM Events anyways? O.o

Inazuma
Jan 29, 2007, 10:45 PM
another week of plant S2 eh? fine w/ me, i got a new char to raise. now i can focus on leveling my new char w/o missing out on anything.
btw, the new clothes look nice, ill prob end up buying the green outfits (^_^)

rena-ko
Jan 29, 2007, 11:26 PM
On 2007-01-29 12:45, Sounomi wrote:
That makes three of us. Doesn't lv 20+ bosses cover all of the bosses? (Mini "bosses" don't count here.) Which would likely mean a possible adjustment of their stat mods, oh joyous...

stat mods.
and thats actually the problem i have with it.
couldnt care less if it takes more hits to kill them, would even welcome more exp from them...

...but sonic team sold their game stats to enterbrain (thats the famitsu guys) which made that bible out of it.

regardless of that the bible was apparently outdated on print already, its just another "hey, thanks for the money, sucker, here, have nothing in return."

i dont have a famitsu subscription but i guess if they'd have printed updates for the bible somewhere, someone would have already spread news of it, no?

sorry bout that lil rant.

Alisha
Jan 30, 2007, 12:48 AM
On 2007-01-29 17:46, Lyrise wrote:

On 2007-01-29 16:57, PJ wrote:

Actually, according to the statement on the update page, they are getting stronger, not weaker.

bah i was thinking rebalance might entail exp gains from bosses.

Zorafim
Jan 30, 2007, 01:00 AM
Ah, finally something battle ready is coming out for the caseals. I've been wanting this set since day one. I wonder how much it costs... I'd probably shell out anything for it though, all things considered.