PDA

View Full Version : Tried out story/extra mode.

Almalexia
Jan 29, 2007, 09:20 AM
I'd kill to have the Divine Maidens hairstyle on my cast. More importantly I've tried story mode up to chapter 5 so I can check out extra mode. I went snooping around in the shops to see what was what and upon entering SHELL-CASEAL, I exploded with laughter when I saw the prices for parts. Heaven help us all if these prices were online. A CUBIC GIRL Braves Vest thingy is like 15,000! Phanis if I remember is 75,000 - not for a set. Techs, PA's, weapons aren't that much cheaper than online.

Some spoilers. . . .

First mission with the Photon Eraser was awesome, and it wasn't rushed - despite the game itself being so fast -. I love events like that. Revolt(?) Magashi(the red cool looking evil cast antagonist) has the voice for a villain down pretty well. I'm interested in this character. Backtracking to the events that occured after the purification of Raffon Meadow was done, I'm a sucker for love/romance/maternal;parental love/mooshi stuff and the thing with the cast parent and the kid was just http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif. I should go hug my tiny newman friends. . .

But I might crush them.

=====NOW TO TRASH TALK STORY MODE=====
OK, Ethan sounds like he has a lot of sugar in his tank. His voice is sweet, lets leave it at that.

And what is up with being Godmodded at lvl1? You don't need to level up in this game at all. Literally, I've rising crushed my way to chapter 5.

Seriously speaking, if the PP regen rate for offline, applied to online, IMO it would make being a melee player a lot more interesting.

K, I'm done.

Eliash
Jan 29, 2007, 09:24 AM
Story mode is easy...very easy. I think I beat it in 18 hours, and I'm sure that it could be beaten in roughly 12. Ethan is roughly equal to a HUmar from PSO, he can use wands, guns and melee weapons. However, I find other than healing and buffing you will be using melee weapons for 95% of the game.

Almalexia
Jan 29, 2007, 09:31 AM
The only part in the game that was difficult was with the super powered Svaltus from doom. He killed everyone except the doctor and me and it took 25 minutes to beat him. It's like he ripped a hole in offline time space continuum from Sleeping Warriors online and jumped on in.

"Special Battle: You will fight Svaltus Sleeping Warriors B online version! We hope you win http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif" -SEGA

Laranas
Jan 29, 2007, 10:56 AM
Later on when 2k meseta drops off everything you'll see why the prices are that high in the shops.

Almalexia
Jan 29, 2007, 01:43 PM
That is one thing I noticed right away. It didn't take long to aquire 15,000 meseta for example. Way faster than online even in c rank.

Akaimizu
Jan 29, 2007, 01:46 PM
Extra mode has everything accelerated. A very nice way to quickly try out a character. It only takes 3 or 4 hours to reach a level where a Beast can Nanoblast or a Cast can SUV even. Beating story mode will basically open everything possible offline, for Extra mode. It's kind of fun, with its accelerated rewards system; though it makes a better testing ground than anything. And because you make meseta a lot quicker, everything costs much more offline.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-01-29 10:47 ]</font>

imfanboy
Jan 29, 2007, 01:54 PM
Just wait until you get Tornado Dance and a few Double Sabers - you'll be molesting any bosses foolish enough to confront you. Twin daggers for crowd control, and you should be cool.

Of course, offline lets you try out the skills a lot sooner and level them up faster, so that's cool too.

I'd have to say that using melee weapons isn't always the answer; I ground two pairs of 3* double handguns up to 10 (not exactly challenging with offline ya know, just reset if they break) because there are plenty of melee-resistant enemies that you don't exactly want to chase down, not if you want to get a good score.

And getting a good score gets you cool items that, well, make the game even easier, and getting Srank is about the only challenge the offline mode presents.

Later on, Ethan gets a bit more bite to him, and here's a hint: When you have to find the AMF CAST guy, look in the West district opposite the GRM shop, kinda hidden behind the koltova juice stand.

<_< I spent an hour and a half looking for him. It kinda sucked.