PDA

View Full Version : PSU-XBox 360: demo reset

soce
Jan 29, 2007, 10:03 AM
There is all kinds of confusing reports that I am hearing about character resets. I was under the impression that all characters that you make will be reset 30 days from when I first signed on the demo. Others are saying that the servers are reset at the end of every calendar month regardless of when I started. So is the server being reset and wiped clear or do individuals get reset after 30 days. Someone please let me know.

Eliash
Jan 29, 2007, 10:09 AM
I'm uncertain if/when they erase char data for the demo. I have, however, heard that people were able to recover their previous demo data (ended roughly the time of launch) using the current version. This suggests that it doesn't erase characters there every 30 days, or at the very least it will erase after a 30 day period after the start of the current demo (whenever that was).

So that should narrow it down a little, although not by much.

omegapirate2k
Jan 29, 2007, 10:13 AM
I've heard that lately players from the JP PS2-PC version of PSU were able to get onto the 360 demo server through an accidental flaw in the universe teleporter (because apparently the Demo and JP PS2/PC are on the same servers)

Although I have no idea if that's true or not...

So the server being reset might be a good idea.

soce
Jan 29, 2007, 11:06 AM
So, 2 replies and although I appreciate you guys taking the time to read my question and say something, neither answered my question. Here, maybe I can make it easier. I made my char on January 20th. Will he be erased on and gone by Feb 1 or do I get to play him until January 19th? That is the simple question that I need answered. I don't want to discuss if any method is good or not because of loop-holes, I simply want to know when my guy goes bye-bye. Thanks.