PDA

View Full Version : A Question/Poll for my fellow Fortetechers

petruseden
Jan 29, 2007, 01:31 PM
DEAR FELLOW FORTETECHERS
(bolded to make it clear who I am talking to.)

Its very simple actually.. Im very curious now that I know that there are exactly 36 TECHNICs in the game, how many of us are going to get all 36; Forgoing any of the bullets we may recieve for our fan/bows/cards? And how many of you are going to ignore a few spells to get these bullets? ... Feel free to mention (if you are ignoring any spells) which ones you would skip and the bullets you would pick up instead.

And not to exclude anyone else who may have any opinions on the matter, feel free to express them. Lets just keep it civil as this may be a touchy subject ... However "innocent" my intentions are.

Tahldon
Jan 29, 2007, 01:35 PM
I shall have all technics..

I've already thrown my bow to the wind.

JAFO22000
Jan 29, 2007, 01:49 PM
I probably will not get all of the technics. I will keep room for some bow/card bullets.

As far as what I am NOT getting/overwriting(probable):

Megistar (I think this is the one that acts as a Megistride?): It casts all 4 buffs at once and takes away some of your health for a short period, however it only works on the caster. Good for WT's and GT's, but not for FT's.

Giresta: Unless it proves to be awesome, I probably am not getting this.

Zonde: I leveled it up to 21 and it still hasn't impressed me. Razonde/Gizonde works just fine for the few Earth creatures there are in this game.

Barta: I'm not sure about this one, but with Dambarta so powerful, I never seem to find the time to use this one.

Damdiga: Do I REALLY need this many Dam- techs? Damfoie, Dambarta and Dammegid are working great. Do I need another? I always seem to use Diga, Radiga or Gidiga when confronted with Lightning based enemies.

That's about it for now. I'll have to see how some of the new techs work to justify a spot in my rotation.

Akaimizu
Jan 29, 2007, 01:54 PM
I wouldn't use a Megistar for a Guntecher, they're hurting for health as it is. Thier all-around defense is bad as it is, for both Physical and technique attacks. Maybe if they are maxed, then it would be a better idea.

Nozudiga should be a fun tech to use, for the aspiring Fortetechers/Fortechers. The idea of sending a strong Photon ground Serpent to smash into your enemies, is about the closest thing to a summoning a sentient entity they get, as a whole. You also can hardly miss with them as they literally will seek the targetted enemy out and slam into them. I believe it hits all but airborne enemies, including submerged ones. It hits once, but it hits hard.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-01-29 10:56 ]</font>

JAFO22000
Jan 29, 2007, 02:05 PM
Well, you don't have to get it, but it would make more sense for a WT or GT to get megistar as all of the effects of it would benefit you. Would work well for soloing. And it would only take up one spot on your wand as opposed to 4 if you want all of the buffs seperately. Could save some space...

As a FT, I usually only cast Deband and Retier on myself when soloing. Unless I bring my PM.

CyarVictor
Jan 29, 2007, 02:06 PM
As with my force, i'm pretty much not getting most of the ice and electric technics because I have no real use for em nor am I really into dark since there are few enemies it actually works with. I will be getting most RA- and Dam- Spells. Secondly I think of my party first with buffs and heals. I am raising dark/ice shots for my bow and eventually light/dark for my fan. I may add some, but I'm not going to get every element, only those I find useful. I am mainly a Fire and Earth force.

curlack45
Jan 29, 2007, 02:13 PM
Um, This has nothing to do with you'r question what-so-ever. But i was just wondering, Is the PC version of PSU easy to play? as i'm thinkn ig of going online (hopefully) i will need to get the pc version, as ps2 are rubish for online (apparently). But yeah, i was just wondering how hard it was to control yourself on pc version.

Akaimizu
Jan 29, 2007, 02:23 PM
On 2007-01-29 11:05, JAFO22000 wrote:
Well, you don't have to get it, but it would make more sense for a WT or GT to get megistar as all of the effects of it would benefit you. Would work well for soloing. And it would only take up one spot on your wand as opposed to 4 if you want all of the buffs seperately. Could save some space...

As a FT, I usually only cast Deband and Retier on myself when soloing. Unless I bring my PM.

When I solo as a Guntecher, I tend to use Shifta and Deband a lot, not as keen for a full boost when it makes me very vulnerable. The accurracy starts really kicking in by class level 5, on its own. I can see a WarTecher having the better benefit, though. Guntechers are almost ForteTechers when it comes to health issues, and that dying thing. Direct damage hurts them badly, and techniques also rip them to shreds. In overall defense stat, the ForteTechers gain the advantage, due to the MST being a huge grade over the small DF advantage of the GT. Their only real defense is the player being a good dodger and manuvering to keep the monsters off them. Solo-wise, we live off of whatever HP we can get.

JAFO22000
Jan 29, 2007, 02:26 PM
Understood. I did not know that.

I officially redact my first post and edit it to proclaim that Megistar should be beneficial to WT's only!

lol!

Rashiid
Jan 29, 2007, 02:31 PM
i just need about 4 cards, all the rest are gonna techs

im not gettin Giresta, droppin Zonde, and 2 other debuffs

every thing else imma get

Sexy_Raine
Jan 29, 2007, 02:54 PM
I'm keeping my Ensei(Fire arrow), and will eventually get dark arrow. I'm dropping my lighting arrow, eventually. I will lv all offense techs, and debuffs. I won't be using deband and giresta.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sexy_Raine on 2007-01-29 12:00 ]</font>

Garnet_Moon
Jan 29, 2007, 02:56 PM
As soon as we get Nosu spells i'm dropping my Bow. Until then, I just use the Ice Bolt. Everything else will be techs.

Rashiid
Jan 29, 2007, 02:58 PM
i hav no room for Bows anymore....

Cards can hit anything w/ proper strifing + aiming, so no need for em.....

Tra
Jan 29, 2007, 03:05 PM
34/36 TECHNICS
1/36 Spear Ultimate PA
1/36 undecided

Garnet_Moon
Jan 29, 2007, 03:07 PM
On 2007-01-29 12:05, Tra wrote:
34/36 TECHNICS
1/36 Spear Ultimate PA
1/36 undecided

Oh yeah! I forgot about the boxes that only melee can break! I also forgot about the Surfing PA! I think I found my melee weapon to use with my goggles. <3

Almalexia
Jan 29, 2007, 03:20 PM
IMO, to hell with Barta, Foie and Zonde. Keep Gi/Ra and Dam versions.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Almalexia on 2007-01-29 12:21 ]</font>

Laranas
Jan 29, 2007, 03:38 PM
I make my characters with the PAs to be decent at 3 classes, so I'm skimping on technics... but seriously guys, play Story mode and try them out for yourself. Giresta may not be as powerful as the other damu's, but it sure helped me clear a room out in the HIVE. Nosudiga's iffy since it sort of launches the monster on the first hit, making the other 2 you gain from leveling miss more often than not..

I could go on, but going into Extra mode, grind them up quickly and see if they're to your liking.

JAFO22000
Jan 29, 2007, 03:46 PM
Giresta helped you clear out a room in the Hive????????????

Laranas
Jan 29, 2007, 03:48 PM
On 2007-01-29 12:46, JAFO22000 wrote:
Giresta helped you clear out a room in the Hive????????????

Granted I was overleveled for the mission a bit, but I held the button down faithfully and the light damage did its work. But by the numbers it doesn't hit nearly as hard as say Damubarta on a fire monster.

JAFO22000
Jan 29, 2007, 03:49 PM
Oh. I thought Giresta just revived fallen teammates and gave them a regen. effect. Am I mistaken??

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: JAFO22000 on 2007-01-29 12:50 ]</font>

Xtian913
Jan 29, 2007, 04:00 PM
Seeing as how I bought the Debuffs on day one and have used them all about... 4 times, I will probably end up overwriting them later on.

Laranas
Jan 29, 2007, 04:02 PM
On 2007-01-29 12:49, JAFO22000 wrote:
Oh. I thought Giresta just revived fallen teammates and gave them a regen. effect. Am I mistaken??
You're right, i'm wrong. I'm talking about Regrants... never even seen Giresta cause I never died. Just use a Moon X, srsly.

JAFO22000
Jan 29, 2007, 04:21 PM
Ah. I thought I was mistaken since I did not obtain this spell in my limited offline play.

Regrants will be a definite purchase for me!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: JAFO22000 on 2007-01-29 13:22 ]</font>

ElfKitty
Jan 29, 2007, 04:25 PM
I'll get all 36... but that's not saying I'll actually use them all, haha. ^_^

Nayla
Jan 29, 2007, 04:26 PM
As a Newman girl, I've found I really don't have the power or accuracy to use bullets effectively, so I'm gonna just get al the Techs.

Jey
Jan 29, 2007, 05:04 PM
Y'all who are ignoring your debuffs and bows make me sad. Well, ok, Zoldeel is kinda whatever but Zalure and Jellen... oi, they're invaluable. Just buy an inventory worth of 1/2* wands and debuff the hell out of 6-pack of pannons or something.

Bows are awesome for long-range and knocking down those stupid wyvern-type mobs. I'd like to see you hit De Ragan while flying with cards, unless you just run around biding time. Grind up an Alteric a few times. They're nice.

Cards are nice for strafing and not needing to aim (Gaozoran hate)

Personally I'm probably going to get Megistar for when I get pissed after some CAST or Beast uses their limit break right after I rebuff, but I see a few spells in the list that I probably won't get. Like Megiverse <_<

Barta and Zonde I spent too long getting to 21+... it would break my heart to delete them.

I'm keeping my fire/ice/dark arrows and fire/dark cards though.

JAFO22000
Jan 29, 2007, 05:18 PM
On 2007-01-29 14:04, Jey wrote:
I'd like to see you hit De Ragan while flying with cards, unless you just run around biding time.

Actually, I hit him with Diga. Just run to the spot where you know he's going to stop and hover, then aim for his legs. If you get there fast enough, you'll be able to hit him three times.

Rashiid
Jan 29, 2007, 06:10 PM
ur right, it doesnt save S ranks

Astarin
Jan 29, 2007, 08:55 PM
I'm skipping a few TECHNICs. Right now, it looks like I'll pass on:

Zonde - It's just "blah".

Megistar - Party boosting > self boosting

Megiverse - Didn't like it. Seemingly weak damage and poor HP restoration. I'm fine with Resta.

Nos-anything - I know they're strong, but in my Extra mode experience, I just didn't care for them.

Gibarta - Dambarta does it's job fine, at least so far.

Damdiga - Have enough earth element attacks.

Dizas, Rentis - Might skip these. Offline, their usefulness seemed so-so. They have to be cast and recast so frequently...

And probably a few others too, like certain Dam-s or Gi-s. In exchange, I'd like a couple Bow and (if I like them) a handful of Card/Throwing Blade Bullets.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Astarin on 2007-01-29 17:58 ]</font>

pokefiend
Jan 29, 2007, 09:10 PM
I'm keeping my lightning bow (a wonderful weapon BTW) and my megi cards (another great weapon) and focus the rest of my technics on the ra's, dam's, Gi's, Buff's and other such. I probably will neglect to buy both megid and damdiga.