PDA

View Full Version : Leader/FO lag problems in Bruce's Dungeon

RedCoKid
Jan 29, 2007, 02:56 PM
I've been having serious lag problems while playing Bruce's dungeon. Unlike the typical free mission lag which can affect the entire group, this seems limited to me... and basically makes PSU unplayable (see below).

For BD, I've been playing lead fortetecher with Lv 23-30 PAs (foie, rabarta, razonde, resta, reverser, buffs, debuffs). I play on a PS2 with Charter Communications' "3 Meg" service. Before I start telling my friends that my ISP inhibits me from doing Bruce anymore, I'd like to eliminate the possibility that it's just a problem for FOs and/or leaders for this mission. I'd be interested to know whether anyone else has had the following problems:

- Spells drop out and need to be reloaded (3-5 seconds) each time after switching weapons. Normally as a FO, you need to reload your spells once at the beginning of each block.

- Spells take longer to cast. My character holds the wand and/or rod up to a full second at the top of the cast before swinging. What this means in action is that after I cast resta with a wand, Bruce has enough time to get hit 2-3x and die before the heal effect spreads to the party.

- My four teammates (excluding Bruce) can literally outrun me. In all other missions I've played, everyone no matter the size or race (excluding beasts when morphed) runs at the same speed. Not the case here. In fact, I avoid healing or buffing on the run because I'll fall behind and won't catch up until half of the enemies are destroyed in the next room.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RedCoKid on 2007-01-29 11:58 ]</font>

Rashiid
Jan 29, 2007, 02:59 PM
never heard of this problem before....

Garnet_Moon
Jan 29, 2007, 03:00 PM
Are you on Universe 2?

confucious
Jan 29, 2007, 03:01 PM
I've led Bruce runs as a wartecher with no problems. I'm on PC. Whatever the issue, it's not solely because you're the leader.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: confucious on 2007-01-29 12:02 ]</font>

RedCoKid
Jan 29, 2007, 03:01 PM
we were last night

Tra
Jan 29, 2007, 03:03 PM
My ps2 user friends have the same lag problem. It's just the ps2.

oh and I'd give Bruce to a smart ranger instead of a FO.

Garnet_Moon
Jan 29, 2007, 03:03 PM
On 2007-01-29 12:01, RedCoKid wrote:
we were last night

I get ungodly lag and such on Universe 2. I absolutely refuse to do the harder missions on U2.

Laranas
Jan 29, 2007, 03:31 PM
On a lightly-related note... am I the only one that missed S rank because Bruce decided to heal instead of follow me to the terminal?