PDA

View Full Version : how to get B+10 grinders easily. maybe.

norrisj15
Jan 29, 2007, 09:22 PM
So... what i have discovered is if u have a full storage(in PM) of all the grinders but 10 and a you're carrying a full invintory of all the grinders but 10 u can keep grinding them till u get a B+10.
this saves money and time. You wont have to keep running back and forth between the synth shop on the colony. Since both your inventory and storage are full the synth wont go through. You make nothing, so no B grinder bases are used. well this is what i believe. I just thought of this and I'm about to go to sleep, so i dont have time to test this. I'll work on it tomorrow, but if anyone gets it to work before then please post and tell me so I don't waste my time. In theory it should work unless Sonic Team did something right for once. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: norrisj15 on 2007-01-29 18:24 ]</font>

ljkkjlcm9
Jan 29, 2007, 09:25 PM
no, you'll have to discard the item because your inventory and PM are full. I've had it happen to my with failed 9* weapons that became a scape doll. It didn't retry to synth, I ended up with nothing.

THE JACKEL

Thrash777
Jan 29, 2007, 09:26 PM
Ah, so having a full inventory and PM, you try and synth an item, and then have no where to put it, thus returning ingrediants?

But I guess Jackal just said what I was thinking...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Thrash777 on 2007-01-29 18:28 ]</font>

norrisj15
Jan 29, 2007, 09:27 PM
no u dont have to discard it. its been working i just havent gotten anything higher than a 6 yet.
i think its something special w/ grinders only!

it says
"both your inventory and storage are full,
so you can't take out the finished item."

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: norrisj15 on 2007-01-29 18:28 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: norrisj15 on 2007-01-29 18:28 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: norrisj15 on 2007-01-29 18:30 ]</font>

norrisj15
Jan 29, 2007, 09:43 PM
so i tried it for about 25 minutes nonstop. and the highest i got up to after the first B+6 was B+5. so idk if this truely works. thats all the time i got tonight dont know if i feel like doing it more. if anyone else has tried this please give me ur input.

rena-ko
Jan 29, 2007, 10:31 PM
biggest question: does your grinder base ammount decrease when trying?
or does it really give you your board's capacity and materials back?

and last but not least: xbox360 or pc/ps2 ?

Edman
Jan 29, 2007, 10:36 PM
whats the point in doing this if you can't get the item? If you get a B+10 and don't have space for it, you accomplish nothing

Eliash
Jan 29, 2007, 10:39 PM
They stack, so I think it would allow you to constantly get a stack of 99 +10's.

Syanaide
Jan 29, 2007, 10:40 PM
On 2007-01-29 19:39, Eliash wrote:
They stack, so I think it would allow you to constantly get a stack of 99 +10's.

So you need 99 +9's first? Good luck! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Eliash
Jan 29, 2007, 10:42 PM
Well you would need at least 1 +10, and everything else can be fulled up with Moon atomizer X boards or something.

EDIT: That is if this works...if it doesn't then well it won't matter. First we need to find out if it does allow for higher synths and doesn't take away material/charges.

EDIT 2: If this does work, then the best thing to do to full up the PM quickly is to put all the junk-type boards on an alt PM, and keep that character permantly for grinding...or for as long as you want.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Eliash on 2007-01-29 19:47 ]</font>

ChocoboChad
Jan 29, 2007, 10:43 PM
That's pretty insane thinking. Nice work.

It might be messed up so that you can't get any higher than what you first got. In 25 minutes, you must've gotten something over +6.

And Edman, you don't get a stack of +10's. Instead, you get 99 of each other. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, and 9, specifically.

Ronin1of47
Jan 29, 2007, 11:03 PM
so im extremely confused ... filling up your pm and inventory except for b+10 will give you stacked 99 or higher % of geting +10??? what?

ChocoboChad
Jan 29, 2007, 11:07 PM
Ronin, he's saying that when you synth the grinders, you can't get anything but +10's, because you're full on all of the other types.

It's not confirmed yet, but if this is true, it would be simple to produce a couple B+10's without going through a couple boards and bases.

I dunno if it's worth it, though. Getting 190 of each grinder might be tough.

Ronin1of47
Jan 29, 2007, 11:10 PM
so in therory if u only had 1 +10 and filled ur pm with crap (dimate board or someting ) wouldn't that (in theory) have thae same affect?

EDIT: like Eliash said. here i was thinking i had a fresh idea

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ronin1of47 on 2007-01-29 20:14 ]</font>

ChocoboChad
Jan 29, 2007, 11:19 PM
Yeah...I never thought about filling it up with other stuff. You're right.

Errorrrr
Jan 29, 2007, 11:19 PM
wow insane idea... i wonder if this works on all stackable items?

Reiichi
Jan 29, 2007, 11:36 PM
Don't you lose grinder bases regardless?

rena-ko
Jan 29, 2007, 11:56 PM
On 2007-01-29 20:36, Reiichi wrote:
Don't you lose grinder bases regardless?

thats the pending question. still needs to be answered.

Ronin1of47
Jan 30, 2007, 12:01 AM
well im trying this right now on the 360 but having troubler signing on to transfer all my junk to 1 pm and finding a b +10 not for 20k

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ronin1of47 on 2007-01-29 21:06 ]</font>

Arigan
Jan 30, 2007, 12:05 AM
EDIT: woah. . . ok, I just tested it a little more extensively, and this does indeed actually work, you do not appear to lose grinder bases or boards

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Arigan on 2007-01-29 21:30 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Arigan on 2007-01-29 21:33 ]</font>

Syanaide
Jan 30, 2007, 12:32 AM
Pics of your inventory full of grinders or it didn't happen.

Kimil
Jan 30, 2007, 12:35 AM
Trying it now
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Arigan
Jan 30, 2007, 12:56 AM
I have tried this for a fair while now with full PM/inventory for most grinders, and I have yet to see anything over +4 out of it. . .and I've done a good like. . .well, way more than 100 tries, so

Pics = proof

Inventory: http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h220/evilution33/grinder_inventory.jpg

PM storage: http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h220/evilution33/grinder_PM.jpg

On the second pic, +1s aren't showing, I think you can take my word that I have 99 +1 grinders in there.

Ronin1of47
Jan 30, 2007, 01:10 AM
does your inventory have to be full of grinders or will it work as long as its full of anything excpt +10's?

Arigan
Jan 30, 2007, 01:50 AM
Alright, I spent some time doing some testing and here are some numbers I came up with.

NOTE: Each of these was 5 at a time, but each set of 5 is listed as just 1.

Using the technique listed in this thread, concerning filling your inventory with grinders, here is what my friend got. Note that he did not actually obtain these grinders, these are merely the results of the synth (that did not go through due to his full inventory and PM).

28 B+1s
39 B+2s
16 B+3s
16 B+4s
6 B+5s
Total tries: 105

Note that there were 0 grinders over +5.

Now, just doing the usually thing, not full on anything at all

16 B+1s
18 B+2s
17 B+3s
16 B+4s
7 B+5s
2 B+6s
4 B+7s
1 B+10 (woot)
Total: 81

Its pretty clear that the results from normal grinder production compared to this trick are way better, so I'll just leave it there for now.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Arigan on 2007-01-29 22:54 ]</font>

Alia
Jan 30, 2007, 03:06 AM
I can give witness to this, I helped him with the tests. all is pretty conclusive. it's a good idea, but useless in the end.

ShadowHado
Jan 30, 2007, 03:11 AM
What I'd like to know is...

If you use the reset glitch (fail a synth, turn off system) and you go back to it, fill up your inventory with a couple boards, and try to take it out... Does it allow you to instead take the ingredients back? Maybe I am missing something?

But yeah, this is definitely worth a shot, like it was said before, that's some really crazy insane super hyper twisted ultra thinking.

Just think of A+10's...

ShadowHado
Jan 30, 2007, 03:14 AM
Oh and since I will have time tomorrow, I'd be willing to try and fill up my inventory with junk and give the "have a single B+10 and keep doing it" theory out. If you did this with A's, I would have to imagine that time spent to do it would definitely be worth it.

Arigan
Jan 30, 2007, 03:14 AM
On 2007-01-30 00:11, ShadowHado wrote:
What I'd like to know is...

If you use the reset glitch

AFAIK that was fixed in the last patch

Tekershee
Jan 30, 2007, 05:27 AM
We knew this for a while now :/

Mikaga
Jan 30, 2007, 05:37 AM
And I always said it'd get thought up by someone else http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

norrisj15
Jan 30, 2007, 07:41 AM
yeah I couldnt get it to work. only goes up to B+5 i guess. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif getting 198 B+9's isnt that hard http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Itchee
Jan 30, 2007, 08:49 AM
Very, very interesting thread. I make B+1 and B+2 like theyre freakin goin outta style...If I can shake free of making thos, Ill be happy as hell. Looks like I have something else new to play with when I get home tonight.... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Itchee on 2007-01-30 05:51 ]</font>

Thrash777
Jan 30, 2007, 11:16 AM
I'm so confused here...
Someone explain it step by step for us stupid people. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Itchee
Jan 30, 2007, 11:19 AM
Theyre saying...for example....if you have 99 B+1 in your PM...and 99 B+1 on you....when you go to make another B grinder, and get a B+1, it wont let you keep it because youre full...and allow you to "re-roll" with your materials without a loss...

AethirMordu
Jan 30, 2007, 11:31 AM
I've been doing this for a month to make stacks of haxeta off the dupers...

Akaimizu
Jan 30, 2007, 11:32 AM
I see what you mean. Interesting, even if it would take quite a while to get there, it is a way to build your way up.

_Deliverance_
Jan 30, 2007, 11:34 AM
Except, it has already been shown that it doesn't work. ;>.>
gg "burning" the hax though. <.<;

MayLee
Jan 30, 2007, 11:37 AM
There is no way I can get 99 grinders

AethirMordu
Jan 30, 2007, 11:43 AM
On 2007-01-30 08:34, _Deliverance_ wrote:
Except, it has already been shown that it doesn't work. ;>.>
gg "burning" the hax though. <.<;

This does work. Unless they updated last night after I made another 7mil from the few +10's I cranked out in 2 hours. Unless your post was meant to something else >.>

ayrista
Jan 30, 2007, 12:21 PM
and nobody thinks this is a rediculous waste of time?
I cant imagine sitting in my room for endless hours cranking out grinders for B weapons, whether its to grind them or to sell.

Itchee
Jan 30, 2007, 12:24 PM
On 2007-01-30 09:21, ayrista wrote:
and nobody thinks this is a rediculous waste of time?
I cant imagine sitting in my room for endless hours cranking out grinders for B weapons, whether its to grind them or to sell.

Well, depends on what your looking for. Im sick and tired of B+1/2s, honestly...but no, I cant imagine sitting there attempting +10s all night.

Itchee
Jan 30, 2007, 12:37 PM
Haha....I do find it particularly funny that posing this same question on PSUniverse.com will get your thread deleted and net you a warning. Oh well....I guess some ppl cant have a discussion without getting all bent outta shape.

Pure-chan
Jan 30, 2007, 02:16 PM
On 2007-01-30 08:31, AethirMordu wrote:
I've been doing this for a month to make stacks of haxeta off the dupers...

^

...Has it really been a month already? hmm.. yeah I guess so. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif Anyway - it does work, I've seen it too.

SuperRygar
Jan 30, 2007, 02:19 PM
do some people just not read the whole post first? >.<

if there's still any confusion, he is proposing that you max the inventory on both the PM and yourself. so you cannot accept any new items, there is no room left. but if there's an item that you only have 1 of in your inventory, like B+10 grinders, then you can accept that item. so when you synth, and get a B+2 theres no room for it. just cancel and it doesnt cost you anything. you do it again for free...until you get B+10

also, it looks like someone tried it and never got better than B+5. but someone else says that they got a few B+10's. so they cancel each other out, more testing needs to be done to see what really happens and maybe some unknown factor is different for the guy that got B+10. maybe his PM has a higher ability of sythning that kind weapons, who knows.

i myself would never do this, i have no need for it. if your going to spend so much time and energy you gotta mass produce. or it'll cost more to make the grinders than it woluld to just go buy them. but for people who are bored of this game im sure its an interesting thing to try. some people just like doin crazy stuff like this

cool thought tho, gotta love accidental discoveries!

Jinto117
Jan 30, 2007, 02:33 PM
It's times like these I wish I had that "Easy Button" from the staples commercials.

ShadowHado
Jan 30, 2007, 02:37 PM
You could always use the reset for grinders too, it just takes HELLA longer. I would hope everyone knew about that now for a while though.

Krans
Jan 30, 2007, 02:58 PM
doesn't the reset glitch delete your material though? so wouldnt you be losing a grinder base? why not just take the +1 or whatever

Carbinne
Jan 30, 2007, 03:02 PM
It doesn't delete the material in this case because this is not the reset glitch. It probably works differently for items that you can synth in stacks, like grinders or mates. I tried it myself and I got stuck with a bunch of boards that refused to cought up anything but 1-5 ... and so I went down the list trying different boards and hit a board that immediately gave me a B+9.

So maybe the way these things work is that the board gets assigned a value when you buy it, and any grinder that comes out of that board cannot exceed that value. Thus, trying to make a B+10 with a board that has a cap of (5) on it would be futile. That's just my theory.

Had no luck today, either.

norrisj15
Jan 30, 2007, 04:12 PM
yeah well when A and S comeout and we're getting tired of +1 and +2 u can do this to get some +5's. this is basically all that i got out of this expirement. for those of u that clamed that this worked i really doubt it. unless u got it to work before some update taht fixed this.

would u could do is buy the boards and have the inventory and storage full like before and just check what it is w/ the first synth. this i have found is the try value of the board. I believe that each board is assigned a value that will pop up on the first synth. so if u just do the first synth and it isnt a +10 u can go back and sell it to npc. this will save u the money of the grinder bases atleast. which isnt that much money, but it could add up over time.

i win most innovative thinker of the week!
(in my mind)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: norrisj15 on 2007-01-30 13:15 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: norrisj15 on 2007-01-30 13:17 ]</font>

SuperRygar
Jan 30, 2007, 06:55 PM
what if someone comes along and says that the first synth the board gave a +4 and then later gave a +8?...the monkey called, he wants his wrench back

Reiichi
Jan 31, 2007, 10:42 PM
Finally got around to testing this today.

Grinders that you synth that you can't store, immediately kill the board. Kill as in the same way the synth cancel glitch did. Every time you try to synth grinders off a board whose results weren't stored will reset to only B+1-5. Kinda like getting crap from a failed synth no matter how many times you pull your power cable until you actually cancel and start over.

There is no preassigned value to the board. If you had max number of B+6 grinders and synthed a B+6, the next time you attempt to use the board it will only give B+1-5. So you just wasted a B+6 in this case. The game remembers which boards you crapped out on too =p

A way to tediously get B+5 grinders at best. And that's about all this glitch gives.

edit: Now as for overwriting the 'bad' board, I haven't tried that =p But I would assume that'd work.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Reiichi on 2007-01-31 19:52 ]</font>

ShadowHado
Jan 31, 2007, 11:05 PM
Well I personally have done the "stack reset glitch" with B Grinders, and this is what I got.

I'd just randomly throw in 5 grinders, and if it was a lower number, reset and try again.

I HAVE gotten a stack (5) of B+7's twice and B+9's by constantly trying to do it. Maybe it was before an update that was introduced to "kill stack boards" as stated above and whatnot, but I have done it. However, I can also say that those 3 times I spent resetting were the ONLY times I got higher than B+4 I believe it was, compared to the rest of the times I gave up and kept B+4's.

gammik
Feb 1, 2007, 08:27 AM
I was doing this two weeks ago to get grinders. Here's what I found out ....

Different grinders are relatd to other grinders .... meaning ... that if you do not make a B+2 , you can never make a B+9 ....

So , if you fill up your inventory & PM with B+1 , B+3 , B+4 , B+5 , B+6 , B+7 & B+8 , you'll either get B+2 or B+9 , but you'll have to make atleast one B+2 before any B+9 will ever show up. I've yet to figure out which grinder is related to 10. I have it narrowed down to either B+ 4 or B+5, but I got extremely bored with this the other day, 6 hours of none stop making grinders got to me.

Either or , that's the reason why if you fill up with all of them , you never get anything higher than B+5 & maybe a B+6 ..... so keep room for your B+2s

If anyone wants to try this, I'd advise filling up on B+1 , B+3 , B+6 , B+7 & B+8, that way you can get some B+9's , & probably some B+10s in there too.

Have fun , I made 3 stacks of B+9s this way, B+10 never got to a full stack though http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif