PDA

View Full Version : So many rude and stupid people...anyone else notice this?

Uncle_bob
Nov 30, 2002, 10:16 PM
I just recently got online with GC PSO, and I've noticed that many people seem to be so damn greedy with those Red Boxes. Earlier today I was using my Racast in the ruins with 4 other people. I was fighting some enemies, killed one, it dropped a red box. I was still pre occupied with killing dimenians, then out of no where, a stupid Humar runs over to where I was and picked the Red Box from under me...I was shocked that someone would be so greedy just to get a "ub3r rar3" that they would run up next to someone while they are still fighting just to get a red box that is under that person. Now, red boxes aren't the only things that cause this. Today I was using my Fomarl and encountered a mind material after killing a hildebear. Right when I got close enought to pick it up, a Ramarl came from the side and stole it... I couldn't believe it. This even happens with mono/di/tri fluids. It's disgusting that people this greedy on this version...

ancalagon
Nov 30, 2002, 10:21 PM
i guess it is kind of withdraweral from people always cheating for the simply stuff. i havent been online with my gc pso yet, and im not planning to until they get a keyboard in us market, and start making more bbas. hopefully by then i will have a nice fat stockpile of 'red boxes' and other such pleasures. i guess the only comfort i can give is, to either tell the loot whore to leave, or leave on your own accord.

Kupi
Nov 30, 2002, 10:22 PM
American values at work, man. :/

My best advise is this: avoid Vega like the plague. Just like Oberon of v1 and v2, it's a festering den of l4m3rz and n00bs. I honestly can't recommend it unless you want to meet rude players or stupid, easy-to-mess-with ones who will believe that you're Japanese if you use 'w' for 'lol'. Stick to Antares 8 (PSOW's meeting block) or Altair 6 (cool people hang out there) to meet people who know how to play well.

CajunSamurai
Nov 30, 2002, 11:20 PM
And you'll run into item whores in almost any online RPG, sadly. Like Kupi said though, try not to play in Vega, as it WILL slowly become a dark, twisted and corrupt land of spooky doom like Oberon. So far I haven't seen the paranoid schizophrenic nazis or stomach turning symbol animations (although I gotta admit, a few of those were sorta funny), but... it's a MATTER OF TIME. When the keyboards finally roll in, I'm making Anteres my permanent home, like Puck was back on V1/2.
Really, the only real way to avoid item whores is to play only with friends and people you know... and even then, you might have to battle to grab the goods. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Zell_Hogmaw
Dec 1, 2002, 05:50 AM
Wait, Canjunsamurai....You were Puck in the Dreamcast version? I think i remember that name........

Ness
Dec 1, 2002, 10:08 AM
I noticed that too. Also if you get an item before someone else does they will call you a thief. One time a picked up a raygun and this level 50 RAcast some up to me saying you theif you stole my Raygun. I never had one before. I just went ahead, sold the raygun and then I told him I didn't get one. Also people who think cheating is cool really get on my nerves. So what if you don't have all the rares. All I have is a Yamato and that's all I need. It really get on my nerves when former cheaters and rare-obsessed people complain about rares. This one former cheat said "This game should be called Treasure Hunt since that's all you do in it"
Speak for yourself dumbass.

Kupi
Dec 1, 2002, 02:49 PM
I think the problem with most people's mindset coming into this game is that the goal is hardly like that of other games, and indeed there's one thing you can't have that you can in most other video games: everything. Think about it, in something like Zelda it's possible to attain every item possible. Can you do that in PSO? Ha. I'd like to see you try and then laugh on your grave. With PSO, you have to set your expectations low. I, personally, just have a little stuff that suits the characters on my wish list, and for luck I have generalizations. For example:

Kupi: Rods and Slicers
Sapphire: Clubs and Wands
Soki: Double and single-enemy weapons

And so on. If I happen to find this stuff, it goes to the appropriate character. I don't even expect to find everything; heck, I'm happy with just my Caduceus for Kupi, the rare wands for Sapphire, and a Yamato for Soki. And that's it.

I'm rambling, so here's the cutoff: People expect to get everything. They can't, and they get annoyed.

pixelate
Dec 1, 2002, 03:16 PM
Can't really stop assholes from being assholes, especially when they gang up.

Zell_Hogmaw
Feb 7, 2003, 09:50 AM
Oh yeah, the " You stole my [fill in the blank]" thing is normal happening. The was all the hype fer PSO when it was first coming out fer dreamcast and a video game magazine (i fergot which one) had an particular issue dedicated most to PSO. One of there things was what cheating bastards do to steal and stuff like that and " You stole my [fill in the blank]" happens to be one of the things they mentioned.