PDA

View Full Version : Males weaker with Twin Claws sucks!

PsyGuy
Jan 30, 2007, 04:34 AM
Why oh why in the world do we have to be weaker with twin claws and get 1 less hit to our combo?

why does me being male affect my combo count!!!

I dont want to be another fake online girl.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: PsyGuy on 2007-01-30 01:49 ]</font>

rena-ko
Jan 30, 2007, 04:47 AM
*laughs* i guess you'll survive having one less hit >.>

Jozon
Jan 30, 2007, 05:00 AM
Then why don't males swing axes faster/get another hit or something to make up for it?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jozon on 2007-01-30 02:01 ]</font>

Alisha
Jan 30, 2007, 05:05 AM
all male specific animations suck or are slow as hell.

PsyGuy
Jan 30, 2007, 05:12 AM
On 2007-01-30 02:00, Jozon wrote:
Then why don't males swing axes faster/get another hit or something to make up for it?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jozon on 2007-01-30 02:01 ]</font>

Precisley why do we get penalized? Also i tested the whole theory that we get 1 more hit for twin daggers and its false.

imfanboy
Jan 30, 2007, 05:20 AM
Hmmm, let's see... could it be because you have higher ATP and ATA and DFP and HP and all the stats that REALLY MATTER TO A HUNTER???

Just a thought that maybe making the female animations a bit better was a balancing measure for the folks that prefer to play femme hunters. Not that the weapons are ground-breaking that are different:

Sword. Whooptedoo, the second slowest weapon in the game gets a broader sweep on all three slashes when used by a femme.

Twin Claws do nothing that twin daggers don't do better, and while they have pretty good ATP it's not exactly a worldshattering experience.

Fists - who uses the regular combo on these anyway? the PAs are better by far, and don't exactly cost a lot. Plus, the fists have relatively low ATP which means that you don't hit for as much.

Did I miss anything? ^_^

PsyGuy
Jan 30, 2007, 05:36 AM
Do the male and female stat variations really make that much of a difference to warrant losing an entire strike?

I still think u can sugar coat it all u want but as someone who predomintley wanted to use claws i feel ripped off.

ljkkjlcm9
Jan 30, 2007, 06:51 AM
seriously as a hunter, especially a high level one... for maximum damage you should just be spamming PAs regardless of gender, and have plenty of weapons on you... at least 2-3 palettes worth

THE JACKEL

PsyGuy
Jan 30, 2007, 07:35 AM
Hmm, this is very very true.

Still annoys me though...

Rashiid
Jan 30, 2007, 07:38 AM
i hav no prob w/ it, just live life....

_Deliverance_
Jan 30, 2007, 07:56 AM
.......Aaaaaaaaaand, I'm over it.

Pentence
Jan 30, 2007, 08:25 AM
Personaly i dont care ill still use tons of twinclaws as a male beast.I know it wasa balanceing thing but besides that we have one weapon that IMO does make up for this oddity.The fists ,males have a rapid fire series of jabs that stun females are a bit slower(some may view this as sexist but hey i call it ballanceing)and havea slow backhand at the end.

Vhex
Jan 30, 2007, 08:51 AM
LOL, you guys are funny, its no balancing measure. Though the male combo only 5 hits, it is faster and can be chained easier. They are two different equally effective combos and I actually prefer the male one.

Almalexia
Jan 30, 2007, 08:58 AM
On 2007-01-30 02:20, imfanboy wrote:

Fists - who uses the regular combo on these anyway? the PAs are better by far, and don't exactly cost a lot. Plus, the fists have relatively low ATP which means that you don't hit for as much.

I do. And if you're a fist user you'd understand why and not make such a statement. Fist PA's burn PP like milk from a cow who just got through smoking pot. You can't spam fist PA for too long. It's so useful that you'd want to stretch it as much as possible.

It also makes a lot more sense to use the regular combo first and then nail the PA. And it is decent damage. It doesn't measure up to spear, but heh, it's not a spear.

Thrash777
Jan 30, 2007, 11:12 AM
Males = strength
Females = agility

Males can swing axes and swords faster than females, but females can swing daggers, claws etc, more efficiently...

OdinTyler
Jan 30, 2007, 11:26 AM
I can use claws pretty fast on my male Beast. If anything, it just takes practice. Depending on if Im using single or twins (he uses both), I can still move fast, regardless. I just have to adjust the direction of my char around the PA & it works out for me. Just keep practicing.

ShinMaruku
Jan 30, 2007, 01:07 PM
Males arne't to scrach but to snuff punks in tha face. XP

Weakness
Jan 30, 2007, 02:27 PM
On 2007-01-30 02:20, imfanboy wrote:

Hmmm, let's see... could it be because you have higher ATP and ATA and DFP and HP and all the stats that REALLY MATTER TO A HUNTER???

Slight edit to this, Females have higher defense then Males do.

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif Female CAST still has the highest defense rating in the game btw.

panzer_unit
Jan 30, 2007, 02:32 PM
On 2007-01-30 05:58, Almalexia wrote:
You can't spam fist PA for too long. It's so useful that you'd want to stretch it as much as possible.

It also makes a lot more sense to use the regular combo first and then nail the PA. And it is decent damage.

Girls look less like tools running with fists equipped too :|

As a male char I just throw the first 2 moves of the regular combo (2 hits on first attack w/ a very fast follow-up) and then move or start the PA. Fists are too good not to use even w/ timing differences.

SolomonGrundy
Jan 30, 2007, 09:17 PM
On 2007-01-30 08:12, Thrash777 wrote:
Males = strength
Females = agility

Males can swing axes and swords faster than females, but females can swing daggers, claws etc, more efficiently...

two words: Duh umb http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Males have better ATP, and ATA
In Phantasy Star Females have better animations in some cases. I would that it made little difference, and in some cases hindered.

Perfect example was sword animation in PSO. Males stepped into thier last swing, advancing slightly. Females did not. This meant that often the male characters could tag a stragglers in the back of a mob with the last swing, but on the flip site often got smacked when the combo ended.

Good thing I played a HUcast with a Red Sword with horrific %s. Not much lives past the three hits.