PDA

View Full Version : Pure Pm's bad at synths?

PsyGuy
Jan 30, 2007, 07:42 AM
I have a pure strike Pm and i regulary put through 9* weapon synths, usually 1 in 3 fails which isnt really too bad considering it only has a 55 percent chance.

However, when i try synthing 3* items be it fluorescent bulbs, harisen fans or plain old daggers the synth will fail 4 out of 5 times with a 98 percent sucess rate.

Has anyone else encountered this?

Rashiid
Jan 30, 2007, 07:48 AM
thats why i dont believe in synth %'s, i just make it or break it

my GH-450 has 0 armor, and makes an armor w/ just a 33% chance, and fails a 90% Rayharod

either u win or lose, no need for 'pure' ones, IMO

Nayte
Jan 30, 2007, 07:59 AM
On 2007-01-30 04:42, PsyGuy wrote:
I have a pure strike Pm and i regulary put through 9* weapon synths, usually 1 in 3 fails which isnt really too bad considering it only has a 55 percent chance.

However, when i try synthing 3* items be it fluorescent bulbs, harisen fans or plain old daggers the synth will fail 4 out of 5 times with a 98 percent sucess rate.

Thats just it. 98% is not 100.

Almalexia
Jan 30, 2007, 08:49 AM
People have bombed on 100%.

Pure PM's in general blow at synthing anything above 6*.

rena-ko
Jan 30, 2007, 10:12 AM
which board and PM has 100% rates, actually?

and maybe you guys should look up "chance" in the dictionary.

Pakwan
Jan 30, 2007, 11:18 AM
I must be extremely lucky then. I've got 4 Falgohohs for sale in my shop, all synthed from a pure ranged PM. The 5th and 6th guns are in my palette (Raihoc and Falgohoh). Maybe I stole the OP's PM's mojo? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Also, the reason I have so many guns in my shop (shameless plug: "Taloon", PS2) is because my PM cranks them out quite easily; on 90% chance, I fail usually one synth every 2 or 3 boards.

MayLee
Jan 30, 2007, 11:24 AM
I'm sadly ending up with a Strike PM with a handful of TECH. She seems to do pretty damn good when it comes to synthing Rofd/Wands and striking weapons.

PsyGuy
Jan 30, 2007, 11:34 AM
On 2007-01-30 04:59, Nayte wrote:

Thats just it. 98% is not 100.

Yes, but the chance of hitting that 2% 6 times in a row is like a 1 in 1 million chance and yet it happens everytime.

Laranas
Jan 30, 2007, 11:57 AM
My pure tech PM has been 100% on 9* rods and wands, and my Pure Armor has been 100% on 8* armors, yet I'll failed 6* daggers all the time on my Pure strike.

Golto
Jan 30, 2007, 11:58 AM
Wow you are pretty lucky. I usually take off 30% from what they say to get he real success chance.

PsyGuy
Jan 30, 2007, 11:58 AM
On 2007-01-30 07:12, rena-ko wrote:

and maybe you guys should look up "chance" in the dictionary.

You know id expect better from a Mod.

Deus-Irae
Jan 30, 2007, 12:39 PM
On 2007-01-30 05:49, Almalexia wrote:
People have bombed on 100%.

not to be rude, but what "people"?

does anyone have proof that there is a chance to fail a synth with a 100% chance?

all of the stuff ive synthed at 100% went through without a hitch.

are some people here actually claiming that there are wep boards that give a 100% chance at synthing?

Pure PM's in general blow at synthing anything above 6*.

pure PM's as opposed to non pure PM's?

if it were easy to synth stuff above 6* then everyone would have everything they want. its difficult for a reason.

On 2007-01-30 08:57, Laranas wrote:
My pure tech PM has been 100% on 9* rods and wands, and my Pure Armor has been 100% on 8* armors, yet I'll failed 6* daggers all the time on my Pure strike.

not exactly sure what this sentence means, but: what was the % to synth on the 6* daggers that failed? not 100% im guessing.

Laranas
Jan 30, 2007, 12:43 PM
79% chance on a 6* melee weapon, yet it was 49% chance on all those 9* rods/wands I made.

Gazette
Jan 30, 2007, 12:45 PM
It's just your bad luck.

Another example is that people can fail at 100% chance grinds.
The game is just made in a way that you're almost never guaranteed a grind or a synth save for consumable items.

Keep at it.

Krans
Jan 30, 2007, 02:28 PM
well a pure PM better be better than a mixed one, otherwise im wasting months of time

Rashiid
Jan 30, 2007, 02:39 PM
i say the game flips a coin once u tell ur PM to synth

it just makes u wait to tell u ur result

i dont care if i find a 9* armor board, im still gonna try to make it, and my 450 has no armor

im not givin it to sum random person w/ a pure armor, suceeds, and runs off w/ it

GreenArcher
Jan 30, 2007, 02:46 PM
These topics will never die.
It's all CHANCE.
You can fail a 20% synth, you can fail a 50% synth, you can fail a 99% synth.
You can also succeed on a 20% synth, a 50% synth, and a 99% synth.
Odds are figurative numbers, not exactly what is going to happen.

Deus-Irae
Jan 30, 2007, 02:56 PM
On 2007-01-30 11:28, Krans wrote:
well a pure PM better be better than a mixed one, otherwise im wasting months of time

it is, but not by that much depending on the %. pure PM's are probably not really worth it at this point (maybe this will change in the future? /speculation). there will still allways be a chance to fail on synthing anything thats really worth it.

GreenArcher
Jan 30, 2007, 03:09 PM
Well for everything that counts (synthing stuff 5*s and up), 5 levels in an area = +1% for the respective synthing type. So the max is +20% to the base. I'm hoping in the future more items will be synth-only, making crafting a more important aspect in PSU

Ether
Jan 30, 2007, 04:45 PM
However, when i try synthing 3* items be it fluorescent bulbs, harisen fans...

Is no one going to point out that those two items have 50% success rate?

On 2007-01-30 08:58, PsyGuy wrote:

On 2007-01-30 07:12, rena-ko wrote:
You know id expect better from a Mod.

Its called a rhetorical question. No weapon or armor in the entire game has a 100% chance

Phalynx
Jan 30, 2007, 05:06 PM
Lets just settle on the fact that hunting forever for rare items to make a rare item from a rare board and failing = PSU synthing is a huge joke and not worth the time and effort. Oh, and the game killed the Phantasy Star Series.

McLaughlin
Jan 30, 2007, 05:59 PM
On 2007-01-30 11:46, Green_Archer3 wrote:
These topics will never die.
It's all CHANCE.
You can fail a 20% synth, you can fail a 50% synth, you can fail a 99% synth.
You can also succeed on a 20% synth, a 50% synth, and a 99% synth.
Odds are figurative numbers, not exactly what is going to happen.

+1 Intelligence.

Vergil_Sparda
Jan 30, 2007, 06:00 PM
I don't care what anyone says. I rather synth and possibly fail at synthing my equipment than pay those outrageous prices on the PC/PS2 servers. Even if I fail like 2 times on a synth it may still be cheaper than buying the item from a player's shop.

But on topic it's all chance. And being angry isn't going to help anything. Try again and always remember it's way better than paying those crazy high prices on the PC/PS2 player shops, Pure PM's are still the way to go http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Vergil_Sparda on 2007-01-30 15:01 ]</font>

Pikadrew
Jan 30, 2007, 06:50 PM
I just failed 4, count 'em, 4! ice Caliburns! GRARR! All I have to show for it are 2monomates, a trimate, and an agtaride. Really makes me pissy since ray-photons are stupid expensive. k. done venting. back to hunting for giga/pp save

Sephlock
Jan 30, 2007, 08:21 PM
"if it were easy to synth stuff above 6* then everyone would have everything they want."

What a terrible thought. Everyone happy and satisfied? Perish the thought http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif.

Greenarcher: Whats wrong with your head in that picture, and what weapon is that?

And just out of curiosity, exactly when does luck come into play when synthing (if at all)?

For example, what if I start synthing on a 3 star luck day and end on a day when I have no luck?

What if I start on a day with no luck and finish on a 3 star day?

What if I start on a day with no luck, finish on a day with no luck, but take out the item on a 3 star day?

JeNousAime
Jan 30, 2007, 08:24 PM
i thought kubara products were not subject to synthing percentages?

Umberger
Jan 30, 2007, 08:31 PM
On 2007-01-30 17:24, JeNousAime wrote:
i thought kubara products were not subject to synthing percentages?

Kubara products actually have a much lower synth success percentage than other weapons.

McLaughlin
Jan 30, 2007, 08:37 PM
They are, but those two weapons in particular are heads or tails.

SolomonGrundy
Jan 30, 2007, 09:02 PM
I hate to be the one to point out that statistics can be used to prove or disprove the chances listed for your mag. ESPECIALLY for high % completions.

Your mags holds 30+ boards. Fill them all with the same item boards (say, a 6* dagger), and begin synthing.

if your mag reports your chance is 75%, then within a few 100 items, you should see 75% success rate. As you synth many items the odds of getting away from this 75% number grow pretty slim. You can say with 99.5% confidence what a synth rate is after perhaps only 1,000 synths

offline, the hackers should be able to do this in minutes.

Mattardo
Jan 30, 2007, 09:57 PM
Yes, I fail common items all the time. I'm sick of apologists spouting "that's the 10% chance of failing for you yuck yuck". The pc/ps2 servers have an excess of duping mesata because it has to. Sega has set up this game to discourage the cheating that was rampant in the previous versions. You could grind things to excess with no problem, you could equip any weapon as long as your mag gave you the necesarry boosts in your stats, you could learn any technique disk with the help of that same mag, dupe items, etc. This helped alot of people become gods and quickly tire of the game. Now Sega needs to make their monthly fee and wants to drag it out as long as possible. So we have max +10 grinds that constantly break expensive weapons that you spend countless hours earning the money to buy, you no longer find awesome weapons frequently on levels (the ones you do find are usually 4 stars below your current level), you can only get high elemental weapons by synthing - which has a horrible sucess rate and makes you waste even MORE of the money you've earned, you can no longer equip high level weapons (you have to earn class levels to get to the next class). In short, Sega is basically prolonging the game for most people by making it extremely difficult. How does one get around this? By being insanely wealthy. This gives you the cash to fail common synths over and over for the good weapons, to spend a million on making 10 +10 grinders and half that amount on weapons to grind (maybe buy 30 to get 2 +10s). I don't like cheating, but this whole duping mesata and selling photons for insane amounts is exactly what Sega deserves. They brought it on themselves. It was an admirable effort (keeping everything server-side), but it just makes me distrust them. I always think there's a sub-program that says "hmm, this chap already has some good stuff, I'd better fail that synth and this grind, and not drop these things in this level". Maybe I'm crazy, I dunno. Failing synths is one of the main reasons for accumulating millions of mesata. When faced with a board and the actual item in the shop, I would save for the item. Too many failures on an expensive PM disheartened me. 2% chance of failing happens pretty frequently. Yes, yes, chance is an elusive prey and wily as well. But there's no sure guarantee that there actually is a percent. I mean, it's coming from a company that has everything to gain from us spending the max amount of time playing, thus making them more money. I don't trust those percentages farther than I can trust myself from stopping a grind at +9.

Arislan
Jan 30, 2007, 10:01 PM
I'd still like to know what you all mean by failing 100% synth chances. I've never seen a single documented case of it. It's always been "people". Everyone that I know that has made a living off of their 100% chance synths has never reported a single failure, and although statistically possible, it's improbable that I wouldn't have heard of it by now.

This topic is precisely the same as "I killed 200 Pofuilly Slimes and got no Lavis! The drop rates are bunk!" Disbelieve all you want. But the game is the way it is.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Arislan on 2007-01-30 19:01 ]</font>

Sekani
Jan 30, 2007, 11:05 PM
This topic all but confirms my personal belief that synthing percentages don't mean a damned thing (I might as well just flip a coin), and that pure PMs are a waste of time and meseta.

-Crokar-
Jan 30, 2007, 11:10 PM
you know i could get a good look at a t-bone by sticking my head up a bulls ass but id rather take the butchers word for it.

well that made little sense to the topic but i kinda like the randomosity of it

Mattardo
Jan 30, 2007, 11:18 PM
The game is the way it is. But what way is it? The percents lie and that's how most people feel the game is. Sega has no reason to let us have real percents. Rise up, my brothers and sisters! Complain to Sega and... then sigh as nothing happens and then let's play some more.

MrFortegunner
Jan 30, 2007, 11:50 PM
When I got a bullet master board on my pure range pm I failed 5 TIMES with 60%!!! 5 TIMES IN A ROW!!!!!!!!! I WASTED ABOUT 50K ON JUST THE SUPPLIES!!!!! luckily, i did this right before the syth. glitch was fixed so, ya ^_^.

PsyGuy
Jan 30, 2007, 11:57 PM
I think what i was saying has got a bit confused;

My pure pm is great for high level synths, no shes not 100 percent but she usually suceeds. However when I try to synth low level items she almost permenatley fails.

Mattardo
Jan 31, 2007, 12:40 AM
I fail sabras. Sabras. But I also fail high weapons... I wish I had YOUR problem.

Pakwan
Jan 31, 2007, 01:16 AM
SolomonGrundy's post on the previous page has been possibly the most intelligent post about the application of statistics to determining whether PSU's synth rates are arbitrary are real....but you might need a couple thousands synths to prove it.

As for the original post....yeah, I replied to that earlier. Would you like some of your mojo back? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif Or maybe some low level weps?

Jan 31, 2007, 01:42 AM
with a pure striking pm, my first (and only) attempt at seva cresa synth failed at 90%. doubtful that i'll invest anymore time (or meseta) until it seems to level out.

i do have success at 3* weapons though...