PDA

View Full Version : Why is there a lack of units in player shops?

chibiLegolas
Jan 30, 2007, 03:04 PM
On PC/PS2 version:
I've been shopping around a lot (only played for a week though) and have seen a few player shops selling various armors (and even then, there's still not a lot out there). But I'm finding it hard to search for units for my B armor.

Are they hard to synthesis? Not sufficient materials released yet to make them? Or only originally available in NPC shops like PA discs?

It seems various melee + ranged weapons in general and synthesis materials are abundant in player shops, but not armor/units. Why?

So I guess it's a waste of time to hunt down a player shop that MIGHT have a unit I need. So better buying at the NPC shops for now huh?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: chibiLegolas on 2007-01-30 12:07 ]</font>

Gazette
Jan 30, 2007, 03:06 PM
Majority are not drops.

So you'd gain no profit considering you'd have to buy them first before being able to sell them. Also the higher ranked units are rather pricy and the seller would cut a better deal in trading.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Gazette on 2007-01-30 12:07 ]</font>

SabZero
Jan 30, 2007, 03:17 PM
I haven't heard of unit boards yet. So all people can sell is what they find, if they don't use it themselves...

chibiLegolas
Jan 30, 2007, 03:26 PM
Ok then. Thanks for the help.
If this is true though, doesn't it suck for those who work hard to make armor specific pm's?
They're really limited in what they can make as apposed to melee or ranged pm's, no?

Syanaide
Jan 30, 2007, 03:31 PM
Yes and no. Armor is much more expensive than weapons, though harder to make.

Sephlock
Jan 30, 2007, 03:31 PM
On the other hand, everyone wears armor, whereas only some classes will bother with any given weapon.

ycavan
Jan 30, 2007, 04:08 PM
I've purchased most of my boards from npc because they are RARE drops.

Reiichi
Jan 30, 2007, 04:32 PM
You can still try searching for NPC units in player shops, as some people still sell at normal discounts. Non NPC units are harder to find at normal prices unless they are in low demand. Many B and A units that aren't NPC are pretty much trade only on PC/PS2.

The demand for armor isn't that high because not many people know better. People also don't need as many armor sets as they would weapons. Still, having a pure armor PM is a business like any other. Armors are harder to make than weapons, but they sell for more than weapons. Armors are also more versatile. Beginning armor with good % can be passed across new characters of any job moreso than weapons, and the armor will continue to provide good protection even into the later levels. Weapons people tend to upgrade for better accuracy and speed regularly. Main reason to upgrade armor would be to hold better units, but that's more end game.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Reiichi on 2007-01-30 13:33 ]</font>

ljkkjlcm9
Jan 30, 2007, 07:25 PM
this person seems to be talking about the actual slot units for the armor. The common ones are available from NPC, so no need to sell them, and the uncommon ones are typically so good no one wants to sell them.

THE JACKEL

Almalexia
Jan 30, 2007, 07:50 PM
^Har/quick?

omg444444444444444444mil

Zalana
Jan 30, 2007, 07:55 PM
The reason why their not selling armor units is because, they can't be duped. Whenever people try to trade the #1 thing they offer is meseta which, isn't even viable for trades anymore. =/