PDA

View Full Version : Hunter to Force

Azure_shadow
Jan 30, 2007, 08:52 PM
I was thinking about changing my newman female hunter to a force user but how is the magic ability's in this game?

Eliash
Jan 30, 2007, 08:56 PM
Magic can be pretty strong. You have the ability to dish out large amounts of damage (somewhat slower than a hunter), while also maintaining range and also support spells. They are a bit hard to aim at first, but it gets better when you get use to it and level your TECHs.

I don't have as much of a history as a force type char as other players, but I have grouped with many and if you get the feel for it they do well. I think you'll notice much more of an increase in damage since you are a female newman hunter (Weakest Hunter-type to Strongest Force-type).

Garnet_Moon
Jan 30, 2007, 08:58 PM
As a Female Newman you should have never switched to Hunter. Your best damage comes form spells. We are the essence of "Over powered".

The spells are for advanced users though... you gotta be quick with them to make it work. They have to be aimed too. Once you get the basics down, you'll be untouchable. :3

NPCMook
Jan 30, 2007, 08:58 PM
you equip Techs to your Rods or Wands, and then you cast

Rods hold 4 Techs, but are 2 handers
Wands hold 2 Techs, but are 1 handed so you can use a Pistol

if you plan on going Wartecher, stick with Wands, since you'll end up tossing your Rods

Azure_shadow
Jan 30, 2007, 09:06 PM
I know that I should not have made her a hunter but I wanted a challenge! I got her pretty strong she has only died once and that was in the hive. But maybe it is time for a new challenge so from now on Zumia (character name) shall be one with the force http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

foamcup
Jan 30, 2007, 09:19 PM
FOnewearls have sick tech attack power. Equip a force unit in your armor, get a rod, and you'll be doing some smack-laying in a downward direction, especially when you get to Fortecher level 3+ (it tooks 3 job levels for my FT class to have higher TP than FO).

On the defense side, you'll have the highest MST in the game. Enemy techs will not touch you at high levels. My newman just laughs at enemy techs unless it's an Olgohmon, those can still hit me. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif BUT, you'll have the absolute lowest DFP in the game, but I don't think you'll care. I don't care, and neither do any of the Fortechers that I know. Just bring your hunter friends along for meat shields.

Randomness
Jan 30, 2007, 09:19 PM
I did do hunter with my newman for a bit, to get the level 3 for wartecher. It was fun, and definitely hard, but I prefer standing back and making big flashy pain things!

NPCMook
Jan 30, 2007, 09:26 PM
Fortetecher care about DFP when it comes to the Yamata-Senba >.>

Garnet_Moon
Jan 30, 2007, 09:27 PM
On 2007-01-30 18:19, foamcup wrote:
FOnewearls have sick tech attack power. Equip a force unit in your armor, get a rod, and you'll be doing some smack-laying in a downward direction, especially when you get to Fortecher level 3+ (it tooks 3 job levels for my FT class to have higher TP than FO).

On the defense side, you'll have the highest MST in the game. Enemy techs will not touch you at high levels. My newman just laughs at enemy techs unless it's an Olgohmon, those can still hit me. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif BUT, you'll have the absolute lowest DFP in the game, but I don't think you'll care. I don't care, and neither do any of the Fortechers that I know. Just bring your hunter friends along for meat shields.

http://img264.imageshack.us/img264/8909/10ftqd6.jpg

http://img251.imageshack.us/img251/2424/over5000il7.jpg

Yup yup! =^-^=

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Garnet_Moon on 2007-01-30 18:32 ]</font>

Randomness
Jan 30, 2007, 09:30 PM
well... DFP sucks, but even then, I don't have to worry about much besides the biggest things... like bears.

McLaughlin
Jan 30, 2007, 09:34 PM
Being a Force is a cake walk. Remedy will contest this, but know it to be true.

Garnet_Moon
Jan 30, 2007, 09:37 PM
On 2007-01-30 18:34, Obsidian_Knight wrote:

It's a cake walk if you have a brain.

If you don't, join the ranks of Hunter. There's plenty others like ya to chat with. :3

Azure_shadow
Jan 30, 2007, 09:39 PM
I just went through a quick run as a force OH MY GOD WHAT HAVE I BEEN DOING!!!!!! I should have be a force user from day one!. I feel so stupid now http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

McLaughlin
Jan 30, 2007, 09:42 PM
On 2007-01-30 18:37, Garnet_Moon wrote:

If you don't, join the ranks of Hunter. There's plenty others like ya to chat with. :3

Half a functional brain is sufficient. It's kinda like running PSU with minimum specs. Slow as hell, but it works.

NPCMook
Jan 30, 2007, 09:42 PM
On 2007-01-30 18:37, Garnet_Moon wrote:

That could be said for Forces also... but lets just leave it at that...

Zorafim
Jan 30, 2007, 09:43 PM
Ah, why couldn't they have made Dezolians instead of Motavians? We already have the physically capable race (android). But now Numen, who are supposed to be the second most balanced race, are now detrimental as a hunter...

PMB960
Jan 30, 2007, 10:02 PM
So Garnet_Moon you can do somewhere are what about 3200+ with Retier and a crit with that Diga right. As a force now though remeber your scapes. Ugh I still get OHK by any boss on S rank and even some on A. The best armor I can equip is a Te-senba at level 50 ugh. You will have to get used to dodging alot now and how to aim techs unless you spam Dambarta.

Almalexia
Jan 31, 2007, 08:42 AM
The transition is a hard one. . . Being a force is not easy. I don't care what anyone says -.-.

omegapirate2k
Jan 31, 2007, 08:46 AM
I sincerely hope this doesn't end in a flame war.

And I know a female newman fortefighter, she's wicked, I party with her all the time.

I mean, if you want to be a hunter, then go for it, just prepare to be underpowered because of your race choice.

Garnet_Moon
Jan 31, 2007, 12:15 PM
On 2007-01-31 05:46, omegapirate2k wrote:
I mean, if you want to be a hunter, then go for it, just prepare to be underpowered because of your race choice.

Newman F vs Beast M; the Newman will be put to great shame when they both have the same weapons and %'s.

But hey, nobody plays PSU to be the best right? You play to be with friends right? Ri~ght...?^^

VanHalen
Jan 31, 2007, 12:23 PM
On 2007-01-31 05:46, omegapirate2k wrote:
I sincerely hope this doesn't end in a flame war.

And I know a female newman fortefighter, she's wicked, I party with her all the time.

im a pretty wicked newman male fortefighter http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

@Garnet_Moon: werent you a female newman fighgunner? and yeah beast power is great but if you already know how strong they are how can you be dissapointed? you already know they are the strongest race in the game.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VanHalen on 2007-01-31 09:25 ]</font>

Almalexia
Jan 31, 2007, 01:33 PM
Newman females are pretty good at being fighgunners. Fortefighter's stat mods are more forgiving to newmans than hunter is. Since Ff is all about HP, ATP and DFP, they can manage.

Garnet_Moon
Jan 31, 2007, 01:36 PM
On 2007-01-31 09:23, VanHalen wrote:
@Garnet_Moon: werent you a female newman fighgunner?
Yeah, I was. At level 54 I was a FG3 and then all of a sudden a truck hit me and my brain started to work properly again.

Newearls make better fT's than FG's. Go figure that one out.

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Shiro_Ryuu
Jan 31, 2007, 03:33 PM
to tell you guys the truth, I had an easier time having my male newman as a Hunter than I did with him as a Force when I was training him to be a Wartecher, and this is what made me decide that HUnewms don't suck. But then again, I'm the guy who prefers to use blades and kick some ass in the front lines.