PDA

View Full Version : So I finally got my Wii...

Moo2u
Jan 30, 2007, 09:48 PM
...why dose Link smile like a retard everytime someone says something to him?

DizzyDi
Jan 30, 2007, 09:50 PM
He's a perv.

Moo2u
Jan 30, 2007, 09:56 PM
Well, I already knew that. That's the point of playing the game.

Hrigg
Jan 30, 2007, 09:58 PM
hehehehehe

Jehosaphaty
Jan 30, 2007, 10:03 PM
On 2007-01-30 18:48, Moo2u wrote:

he made a cool 5 mil from the first weekend of sales.

Moo2u
Jan 31, 2007, 12:49 AM
On 2007-01-30 19:03, Jehosaphaty wrote:

On 2007-01-30 18:48, Moo2u wrote:

he made a cool 5 mil from the first weekend of sales.

Well that settles it. You get the prize for best off the wall comment.

UnderscoreX
Jan 31, 2007, 01:17 AM
Because he's so damn hott. (http://www.zelda-fans.com/archives/2006/06/link-voted-as-hottest-video-game-character/)

Wheatpenny
Jan 31, 2007, 01:28 AM
He is smiling because he is one of the few people who can wear a long green cap and a green almost dresslike tunic(in twilight princess it wasn't so bad he had pants this time.) and actualy look manly.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Jan 31, 2007, 04:41 AM
On 2007-01-30 18:50, DizzyDi wrote:
He's a perv.

The reason why all those kids write the fanfics about his getting it on, with no subtlety in the romantic sections of said stories; simply 4 letter words, then two 3 letter words.

They went sexy okay cool?!

THE END

VanHalen
Jan 31, 2007, 12:30 PM
On 2007-01-31 01:41, HAYABUSA-FMW- wrote:

On 2007-01-30 18:50, DizzyDi wrote:
He's a perv.

The reason why all those kids write the fanfics about his getting it on, with no subtlety in the romantic sections of said stories; simply 4 letter words, then two 3 letter words.

They went sexy okay cool?!

THE END

that story was AWESOME. it cut straight to the action unlike those other books about making sexy with a shoulder.

Scejntjynahl
Jan 31, 2007, 02:47 PM
He is sexy because he is the essence of a true hero. Not some egotistical, emo, scarred, etc version of a hero that just happened to be there. No. Link is a hero. He defines heroism at its most altruistic definition. The ideal hero with a touch of humility and self sacrifice. And yet approachable.

Solstis
Jan 31, 2007, 03:27 PM
On 2007-01-31 11:47, Scejntjynahl wrote:
He is sexy because he is the essence of a true hero. Not some egotistical, emo, scarred, etc version of a hero that just happened to be there. No. Link is a hero. He defines heroism at its most altruistic definition. The ideal hero with a touch of humility and self sacrifice. And yet approachable.

How very ideal and bourgeoisie. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_nono.gif

Wheatpenny
Jan 31, 2007, 03:39 PM

I agree. I think deep down somewhere EVERYONE can identify with Link. I think that also the fact that other than some grunts and some shouts that Link is in a way a "silent protagonist" which allows him to be in a way more itentifyable, hence he is defined by his actions and facial expressions more as a charecter not dialouge he is a everyman's hero so to speak.

Bot-Bot
Jan 31, 2007, 03:48 PM
Hey, this is my topic, right?

DizzyDi
Jan 31, 2007, 04:28 PM
zsxdas

Scejntjynahl
Jan 31, 2007, 04:44 PM
On 2007-01-31 12:27, Solstis wrote:

How very ideal and bourgeoisie. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_nono.gif

Ideal, yes, the ideal hero. But I have qualms with your use of "bourgeoisie" to identify Link. I believe Link is nothing like that at all.

bourgeoisie [(boor-zhwah-zee)]

In general, the middle class. Applied to the Middle Ages, it refers to townspeople, who were neither nobles nor peasants. In Marxism it refers to those who control the means of production and do not live directly by the sale of their labor. Karl Marx distinguished between the “haute” (high) bourgeoisie (industrialists and financiers) and the “petite” (small or “petty”) bourgeoisie (shopkeepers, self-employed artisans, lawyers). Marxism postulates a fundamental conflict between the interests of the bourgeoisie and those of the propertyless workers, the proletariat.

Note: “Bourgeois” may also refer to mediocre taste or to the flashy display of wealth by the nouveau riche.

I don't still see how Link can be indetified as such. He even isn't a prince like some other video game heroes are. Nor a merchant, land owner, artisan, etc. And by no means is he flashy at all. Come on he has practically being wearing the same clothing since his incarnation in 1987 >.>;;

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Scejntjynahl on 2007-01-31 13:45 ]</font>

Wheatpenny
Jan 31, 2007, 04:48 PM
Topic hijacked for the saftey of Hyrule

astuarlen
Jan 31, 2007, 06:21 PM
On 2007-01-31 13:44, Scejntjynahl wrote:
Ideal, yes, the ideal hero. But I have qualms with your use of "bourgeoisie" to identify Link. I believe Link is nothing like that at all.

bourgeoisie [(boor-zhwah-zee)]

In general, the middle class. Applied to the Middle Ages, it refers to townspeople, who were neither nobles nor peasants. In Marxism it refers to those who control the means of production and do not live directly by the sale of their labor. Karl Marx distinguished between the “haute” (high) bourgeoisie (industrialists and financiers) and the “petite” (small or “petty”) bourgeoisie (shopkeepers, self-employed artisans, lawyers). Marxism postulates a fundamental conflict between the interests of the bourgeoisie and those of the propertyless workers, the proletariat.

Note: “Bourgeois” may also refer to mediocre taste or to the flashy display of wealth by the nouveau riche.

I don't still see how Link can be indetified as such. He even isn't a prince like some other video game heroes are. Nor a merchant, land owner, artisan, etc. And by no means is he flashy at all. Come on he has practically being wearing the same clothing since his incarnation in 1987 >.>;;

I can't speak definitively re: Solstis's intentions, but I think he means that romanticized notion of this "perfect", largely one-dimensional hero is in keeping with superficial bourgeois taste. At least, that's how I see it.

Scrub
Jan 31, 2007, 06:31 PM
Link doesn't have a personality, guys.

Just bringing that up.

Scejntjynahl
Jan 31, 2007, 06:31 PM
One dimensional? Oo

I can see what you mean, but to me its still a bit farfetched. I dont think he was ever intended to be "perfect" but he just achieves that status, for lack of a better word -_-, by his actions. I guess you can say he is "boring" because it is a foregone conclusion that Link can not and would not do wrong, and thus becomes predictable. But what better role model could there be? But I just can not associate the adjective of "superficial" for Link. In fact he is one of the few characters that can safely be said to fit this cliche line, "what you see, is what you get".

Also when Soltis added the " http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_nono.gif " I took what he said as a deragatory comment. >.>;;

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Scejntjynahl on 2007-01-31 15:33 ]</font>

Scejntjynahl
Jan 31, 2007, 06:44 PM
Neither does a scrub but who cares http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

navci
Jan 31, 2007, 06:52 PM
I like Link.

Shadowpawn
Jan 31, 2007, 07:01 PM
On 2007-01-31 15:44, Scejntjynahl wrote:
Neither does a scrub but who cares http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

O, they have one alright. A cowardly one, yuk yuk yuk.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Jan 31, 2007, 07:38 PM
On 2007-01-31 16:01, Shadowpawn wrote:

On 2007-01-31 15:44, Scejntjynahl wrote:

O, they have one alright. A cowardly one, yuk yuk yuk.

And when they bark they shoot bees at you.

Well not that actually.

I mean, their own nuts. They shoot their own nuts at you, Deku Nuts, from their mouth.