PDA

View Full Version : PSU-XBox 360: PSU Basics

Galaxox
Jan 31, 2007, 01:39 AM
Well im new to PSU (not PSO), downloaded the demo and i must say its better than PSO, though i got some questions:

Can you trade items betwen your characters?

When will the demo finish and when i purchase the whole game will my demo characters still be there?

How can i repeat missions like 'fight for food'?

What do i need to get 2 jobs in 1 character or a 'forte' job?

Thanks in advance.

Sephlock
Jan 31, 2007, 01:55 AM
1: Yes you can. In your room, go to the storage area. That area keeps its items between your characters.

2: I'm almost certain the answer is no.

3: In singleplayer? In multiplayer? Its a simple matter of walking over to the appropriate area and doing the mission again...

4: go to the far side of the central desk in the guardian's HQ area of the space colony. Talk to the lady there.

---

Also, although you didn't ask:

Humans must always be Protransers.

Newmen must always be Fortetechers (and female).

Casts must always be Fortegunners.

Beasts must always be Fortefighters.

As for classes:

Forces/Fortetechers are walking atomizers. Their sole purpose is to hang in the back and heal, buff, and remove status effects so that the REAL players can play the game.

Its just like in spiderman "With great power comes great responsibility".

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Hunters/Fortefighters should suffer and die, because they relentlessly spam their flashy, showoffy special abilities and ability to deal ridiculous amounts of damage in insanely short periods of time, all the while benefitting from the 90% of games which are set to "give finder" and whining about how hard it is to be an unstoppable god of the battlefield. Oh boo hoo you guys have it real hard http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif .

But I'm not bitter.

Rangers/Fortegunners should recieve free stuff from all the other classes, as they are a poor oppressed minority and must be coddled. Especially tall black cast Fortegunners named Bardiel.

You should also note that it is every player's OBLIGATION to do everything in their power to help every single cast there is get at least one fully functional Degahna cannon.

Protransers get kicked from every party, so theres really no need to include any information on them.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sephlock on 2007-01-30 23:05 ]</font>

Gazette
Jan 31, 2007, 01:56 AM
1: Yes.

2: From what I've heard, no, new character.

3: Use the "Party" Menu. Under "Leader Rights" select abandon mission after you complete the mission rather than leaving the stage alltogether.

4: Just get hunter 10 for a Forte.
Other jobs have similar or mixed requirements.
The Guardian Colony 5th floor has the job changer.

Welcome to PSU http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Gazette on 2007-01-30 22:58 ]</font>

Sephlock
Jan 31, 2007, 02:06 AM
Fortegunner: 10 levels of Ranger
Fortefighter: 10 levels of Hunter
Fortetecher: 10 levels of Newman... err I mean Force http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif.

Galaxox
Jan 31, 2007, 02:07 AM
thx alot guys http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Sephlock
Jan 31, 2007, 02:44 AM
Are you on the 360 version? I could help you out with some astonishingly crappy gear that nonetheless would be better than what you start with.

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif.

VanHalen
Jan 31, 2007, 02:59 AM
On 2007-01-30 22:55, Sephlock wrote:

---

not true, not true, not true , and not true

Ronin1of47
Jan 31, 2007, 03:03 AM
On 2007-01-30 23:59, VanHalen wrote:

---

might not be true but seems to be the most popular class race combo

kind of hope that was suposed to be a joke though... you can be what ever class you want with what ever race... just might be a little harder to do a beast fortetecher than a newman

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ronin1of47 on 2007-01-31 00:04 ]</font>

VanHalen
Jan 31, 2007, 03:08 AM
On 2007-01-31 00:03, Ronin1of47 wrote:

On 2007-01-30 23:59, VanHalen wrote:

---

might not be true but seems to be the most popular class race combo

kind of hope that was suposed to be a joke though... you can be what ever class you want with what ever race... just might be a little harder to do a beast fortetecher than a newman

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ronin1of47 on 2007-01-31 00:04 ]</font>

maybe but almost anyone can be a force with the insane amount of damage that class does. and plus a beast would be a little better cause of more HP than a newman probably one of the reasons my newman is a fortefighter than a fortetecher.

Sephlock
Jan 31, 2007, 03:11 AM
You didn't even bother to read past that point in the post, did you >_<?

VanHalen
Jan 31, 2007, 03:13 AM
yeah i did you made no statement that it was sarcasm or a joke or at least i cant find it. please point it out and i'll apoligize.

Sephlock
Jan 31, 2007, 05:56 AM
No need for that. I had hoped that it was apparent, though, what with the "forces aren't REAL players" sentiment http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif.

Galaxox
Jan 31, 2007, 02:53 PM
thx seph, but ill get the game like in 4 days :'(

foamcup
Jan 31, 2007, 02:59 PM
We need one more:

Figunners never, ever, EVAR use guns, ever. They all use doublesabers at all times, even against flying monsters that they can't touch. If you see a figunner using any other weapon, they are obviously not figunners and therefore are some other class instead.

Rashiid
Jan 31, 2007, 02:59 PM

As for classes:

Forces/Fortetechers are walking atomizers. Their sole purpose is to hang in the back and heal, buff, and remove status effects so that the REAL players can play the game.

Its just like in spiderman "With great power comes great responsibility".

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

i lol'ed http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Forces run this is what hes tryna say. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Galaxox
Jan 31, 2007, 03:19 PM
another question
to get another job (forte,or mixed) do i need to be level 10 in my actual job (mission points), or just be level 10?

Akaimizu
Jan 31, 2007, 03:26 PM
It's all about your actual Class level.

To become a Forte Job, you need 10 Class Levels of the primary basic Class equivalant. Mixed classes require 5 Class Levels in the Major aspect of the class, and 3 Class levels in the (Minor) aspect of the class. Protranser, requires 5 class levels of the 3 primary basic classes.

pineapple
Jan 31, 2007, 03:29 PM
On 2007-01-31 02:56, Sephlock wrote:
No need for that. I had hoped that it was apparent, though, what with the "forces aren't REAL players" sentiment http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif.

Yeah, your post was obviously facetious and very funny.

To answer the above question: Advance job requirements depend on Job levels, not player level.

Requirements:
HUnter: None
RAnger: None
FOrce: None
Forte(whatever): 10 in corresponding starter class
Fighgunner: HU 5 RA 3
Guntecher: RA 5 FO 3
Wartecher: HU 3 FO 5
Protranser: 5 in HU RA and FO

edit: I guess I was beaten, but I was more thorough. Also, you can only be one class at any given time in case that was unclear. Hence the hybrid classes.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: pineapple on 2007-01-31 12:32 ]</font>

natewifi
Jan 31, 2007, 03:30 PM
Stop filling his head up with your opinions that seem like facts of the game. Fortetechers are walking atomizers but rarely heal (from what ive seen) dont always hold the force of your group responsble for every little health issue of your character or other characters. Just play the game and you will eventually adapt.

pineapple
Jan 31, 2007, 03:37 PM
I must agree with natewifi.

Sephlock, don't mock the idea that FOs are only there for healing. Clearly that is their only real purpose. Your opinions are silly. Nukes are little more than pretty flashes and streams of large, decorative numbers.

Sephlock
Jan 31, 2007, 04:09 PM
The force IS responsible.

Unless the player in question has Me/Quick or whatever it is that all you pointy ears lust after, he.... or she (HA!) should remain entirely focused on healing, lest I remain wounded for more than one second and feel the need to chug a monomate.

True, there are some players who can juggle spamming Dambarta, making sure every player has all 4 buffs (even the non-casters, who can't even use the white up-arrow), healing, and removing status effects, but for most Forces and Fortetechers, that remains a distant dream.

Naturally, in such a situation, support takes precedence over dealing damage.

Thats why almost all forces and fortetechers should be level 1, with maxxed support spells.

Galaxox
Jan 31, 2007, 04:18 PM
thx for ur post ppl, though i already know each jobs 'job',
here goes another question
is it true that rangers are weakest class right now?

foamcup
Jan 31, 2007, 04:21 PM
On 2007-01-31 13:09, Sephlock wrote:

Unless the player in question has Me/Quick or whatever it is that all you pointy ears lust after, he.... or she (HA!) should remain entirely focused on healing, lest I remain wounded for more than one second and feel the need to chug a monomate.

True, there are some players who can juggle spamming Dambarta, making sure every player has all 4 buffs (even the non-casters, who can't even use the white up-arrow), healing, and removing status effects, but for most Forces and Fortetechers, that remains a distant dream.

Thats why almost all forces and fortetechers should be level 1, with maxxed support spells.

That white buff also raises your MST, which all you inferior beings have a severe lack of. Keeping all four buffs on you guys keeps you alive so I can get my S-rank. That's the only reason techers keep you alive, we want our S. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Galaxox
Jan 31, 2007, 04:24 PM
On 2007-01-31 13:21, foamcup wrote:

That white buff also raises your MST, which all you inferior beings have a severe lack of. Keeping all four buffs on you guys keeps you alive so I can get my S-rank. That's the only reason techers keep you alive, we want our S. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

how u get an Srank that way?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Galaxox on 2007-01-31 13:28 ]</font>

Akaimizu
Jan 31, 2007, 04:29 PM
By keeping people from dying. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

foamcup
Jan 31, 2007, 04:32 PM
If you kill all the monsters in a mission and nobody dies, you get an S-rank, which gives the higest reward. A gives less, B gives less than that, and C gives nothing. So if you kill everything, but one person dies, that's an automatic A, two deaths is a B, three is a C.

Personally, I don't care about the ranks. Last night I went to play Grove of Fanatics with my friends thinking I had a scape doll on me. Too bad I forgot that I used it while solo on Mad Creatures, so we got an A. This is my regular group, we don't care about the ranks. Someone gave me two dolls, and that was the end of it.

Galaxox
Jan 31, 2007, 04:33 PM
On 2007-01-31 13:29, Akaimizu wrote:
By keeping people from dying. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

LOL i miss understood

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Galaxox on 2007-01-31 13:34 ]</font>

Rika-san
Jan 31, 2007, 04:39 PM
On 2007-01-31 11:59, foamcup wrote:
We need one more:

Figunners never, ever, EVAR use guns, ever. They all use doublesabers at all times, even against flying monsters that they can't touch. If you see a figunner using any other weapon, they are obviously not figunners and therefore are some other class instead.

I lol'd at that. they are not even as bad as not using guns, but they are using 6 double sabers that occupy their palette. it makes baby jesus cry

Galaxox
Jan 31, 2007, 04:46 PM
here goes another one
how do i give a weapon an element, and will it change its color?

Rashiid
Jan 31, 2007, 05:02 PM

thats becauz HEALING IS NOT IN OUR JOB DESCRIPTION!

you do realize that we dont even need you hunters, right?

u think u use us as free monomates, but truly we use yall to get thru quicker, but ur NOT manditory

ive got no prob w/ rangers, they dont complain

Sephlock
Jan 31, 2007, 05:12 PM
I lol'd at that. they are not even as bad as not using guns, but they are using 6 double sabers that occupy their palette. it makes baby jesus cry

My question is, why aren't those people fortefighters?

Healing is not in your job description because its so much a part of the class that theres no need for it to even be there http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif. Its like hunters and hitting things, or rangers and shooting things, or fighgunners and not using ranged weapons.

foamcup
Jan 31, 2007, 05:22 PM
On 2007-01-31 13:46, Galaxox wrote:
here goes another one
how do i give a weapon an element, and will it change its color?

For Force weapons and guns, it's as simple as changina the techs or bullets. For hunter stuff, you have to synth it with the element you want.

And Sephlock, those people aren't fT because they can't use the ALMIGHTY DOUBLESABER!

And no, it's not part of the class. Go look at JP servers. Wartecher heals the front lines, guntecher heals the back lines, fortecher just nukes. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Rashiid
Jan 31, 2007, 05:25 PM
lets see.....

Force: "A type geared toward TECHNICs use. Allows advanced players to play a variety of different roles from powerful attacks to healing and support."

meaning we can do role 1: attack, role 2: support, or both 1 & 2

i dont mind healing, but im not running across the field just because 1 guy wont use a Trimate

if u die, its not our fault, its ur fault for not using a dimate in time

"BUT I DONT WANNA WASTE MONEY ON MATES, SO HEAL ME!!"

hey buddy, we dont wanna waste money on recharging since resta eats up our rods more than any other spell

Galaxox
Jan 31, 2007, 05:31 PM
thx foam
k another one
whats that synthetizing bug, has it been fixed?

Sephlock
Jan 31, 2007, 05:33 PM
IIRC:

To synth anything you need an appropriate board and the materials for the given item.

Each board has a given number of slots - basically times that you can attempt to make the given item.

The bug was that you could fail at synthing something, then cancel the synthesis, thus losing the materials BUT KEEPING THE SLOT.

I believe it was fixed.

---

As far as healing goes, the ability to nuke is purely secondary- something to do only when you can cast super fast and even then only in those brief lulls when no one has taken even 1 hp of damage.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sephlock on 2007-01-31 14:36 ]</font>

foamcup
Jan 31, 2007, 05:34 PM
It's fixed on PC/PS2.

Galaxox
Jan 31, 2007, 06:46 PM
wow that sux, hope its fixed in x360 ver. soon

VanHalen
Jan 31, 2007, 07:04 PM
On 2007-01-31 14:02, Rashiid wrote:

you do realize that we dont even need you hunters, right?

u think u use us as free monomates, but truly we use yall to get thru quicker, but ur NOT manditory

ive got no prob w/ rangers, they dont complain

im a hunter and i dont complain so i think you should change that statement

Rashiid
Jan 31, 2007, 07:09 PM
^ its a generalization, not a 99.9032% of hunters do

its mainly lvl 50+'s anyway

Sephlock
Jan 31, 2007, 08:28 PM
On 2007-01-31 15:46, Galaxox wrote:

No, then prices will rocket up to even more insane levels.

On 2007-01-31 16:09, Rashiid wrote:

What?

Galaxox
Jan 31, 2007, 08:30 PM
On 2007-01-31 17:28, Sephlock wrote:

On 2007-01-31 15:46, Galaxox wrote:

No, then prices will rocket up to even more insane levels.

On 2007-01-31 16:09, Rashiid wrote:

What?

but then whats the point of buyin unusesfull materials at a low price

Rashiid
Jan 31, 2007, 08:43 PM
nvm.....im out....

Galaxox
Jan 31, 2007, 09:27 PM
can some1 explain a bit of synth- to me
i know u need the board(whats that ,A,C,B stuff) the items, then u give the board and the items, then what?
do you need to wait?
thx again in advance http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Galaxox
Jan 31, 2007, 11:13 PM
any1?

Itchee
Feb 1, 2007, 08:33 AM
On 2007-01-31 18:27, Galaxox wrote:
can some1 explain a bit of synth- to me
i know u need the board(whats that ,A,C,B stuff) the items, then u give the board and the items, then what?
do you need to wait?
thx again in advance http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

I could type all that out...but honestly it would be rather long-winded. Take a look at this link here to go to the Psupedia.org Item Synthesis page. It'll give you a better idea of how to get from point-A to point-B...
http://psupedia.info/index.php?title=Item_Synthesis

Galaxox
Feb 1, 2007, 03:21 PM
k thx, hope this thread helps more newcomers in the future

Galaxox
Feb 1, 2007, 11:11 PM
On , wrote:

huh?