PDA

View Full Version : Contest! Win 5mil Meseta!

Xorn
Jan 31, 2007, 09:42 AM
Greetings! I am Xorn, from the PS2/PC server, and leader of the Phantasy Knights. We are hosting a contest this Friday at 5:00pm Eastern time, and the meeting will be in universe 6, near the Hive Flyer Base. For the contest, you must have a party of 5, as the 6th spot will be used for spectating. The goal is to have the best time limit. The contest will only count for the S rank run, so if you are not at least level 50+, you cannot enter. The party that wins this contest will receive 5 million meseta per party member. That is all, and I can't wait to see everyone there!

trust_kill
Jan 31, 2007, 10:00 AM
I lol'd.

rena-ko
Jan 31, 2007, 10:01 AM
good luck with that. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Magician
Jan 31, 2007, 10:05 AM
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Ronin1of47
Jan 31, 2007, 10:18 AM
if you solo it can you get 25 million?

Knight_of_MIA
Jan 31, 2007, 10:56 AM
Greetings ! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif
Can I get 5 million Scape Dolls instead ?

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

JAFO22000
Jan 31, 2007, 10:59 AM
So, basically, this guy just wants to tag along and get mission reward points?????

foamcup
Jan 31, 2007, 11:02 AM
On 2007-01-31 07:59, JAFO22000 wrote:
So, basically, this guy just wants to tag along and get mission reward points?????

Zing! Items too if it's set in order or random. Hey, can I be one of the leeches observers?

_Deliverance_
Jan 31, 2007, 11:08 AM
Stop bashing a generous offer. Stooges. You think somebody is going to pay 25 million so they can leech mission points? And do you think it would be one observer that would go from party to party? They're likely going to send several people out, so they don't have 25 parties waiting for others to finish. Duh.

Stupid people anger me.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: _Deliverance_ on 2007-01-31 08:09 ]</font>

foamcup
Jan 31, 2007, 11:15 AM
On 2007-01-31 08:08, _Deliverance_ wrote:
Stop bashing a generous offer. Stooges. You think somebody is going to pay 25 million so they can leech mission points? And do you think it would be one observer that would go from party to party? They're likely going to send several people out, so they don't have 25 parties waiting for others to finish. Duh.

Stupid people anger me.

[ This Message was edited by: _Deliverance_ on 2007-01-31 08:09 ]

Shut up dude. Meseta is nothing. If the organizer wants to give me a gi/magic or some other good item, then I'd consider it.

McLaughlin
Jan 31, 2007, 11:17 AM
Not to mention it's fairly obvious no one will be getting an S Rank on SoD S anyway >_>

I think he wants the drops. Either way, winning haxeta would accomplish about as much as winning the Special Olympics.

_Deliverance_
Jan 31, 2007, 11:19 AM
Then don't go to the contest, and shut up about it.

Golto
Jan 31, 2007, 11:28 AM
I don't see why everyone is hating on SOD s. I get many s ranks on it a day and die 0-2 times a run (depending which char I use). It is a waste of time to leech mpts from sod since you could do around 2 bruce's b runs in the same time and get almost 3x the mpts and meseta rewards. The fastest time i've done it in a party is 29 mins. if you get Gaoz mages plan on adding 10+ mins.

Schubalts
Jan 31, 2007, 11:29 AM
I don't think the OP said you had to earn an S-rank reward, just do the S-rank mission.

Xorn
Jan 31, 2007, 11:34 AM
wow i can't believe i'm getting bashed for my idea. but seriously, most of the guild will be taking part in the spectating, and i assure you this is not for me to get items... i mean what could i gain from there that would be worth 25mil anyways? the purpose for my guild is to support others anyways. that's why we have a guild inventory. basically, i just like to be generous...

Xorn
Jan 31, 2007, 11:48 AM
On 2007-01-31 08:29, Schubalts wrote:
I don't think the OP said you had to earn an S-rank reward, just do the S-rank mission.

and that is correct. you could get a c rank, and still win by the best time. *hint hint, dont have to kill monsters that are out of the way of completing the mission*

ZodiacNKnight
Jan 31, 2007, 12:09 PM
Good luck with that contest...
Anyone with a high enough level should know better than to add an extra member who's nothing but dead weight for splitting rares.
Plus 5 mil is worth dirt compaired to the items dropped on S HIVE.
Offering mesta which has produced an inflation on the economy is a crappy reward to be honest. Should know better...

You could get 5 mil from any of the DelJaban boards or blades dropped.
A Neptuline goes for about 40 to 50 mil.
Black Hearts are still priceless...

You might find some people for the thrill but I wouldn't expect a lot of high level players to line up for just 5 mil.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ZodiacNKnight on 2007-01-31 09:11 ]</font>

JAFO22000
Jan 31, 2007, 12:10 PM

Stupid people anger me.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: _Deliverance_ on 2007-01-31 08:09 ]</font>

He OFFERED 25 mil. Doesn't mean he has to pay anyone:

-End of mission-

"Sorry guys, soneone posted a faster time than yours....better luck next time!" *Gets mission points, leaves party*

Repeat until you're level 10. lol!

I don't trust anyone on this game...and I'm on the 360. I'd trust people even LESS on the PS2/PC.

VanHalen
Jan 31, 2007, 12:15 PM
On 2007-01-31 09:10, JAFO22000 wrote:

Stupid people anger me.

He OFFERED 25 mil. Doesn't mean he has to pay anyone:

-End of mission-

"Sorry guys, soneone posted a faster time than yours....better luck next time!" *Gets mission points, leaves party*

Repeat until you're level 10. lol!

I don't trust anyone on this game...and I'm on the 360. I'd trust people even LESS on the PS2/PC.

you right not to trust people sometimes but some people arent lying. i did a race for 2mil in meseta and came in 2nd to someone and i got 500K as a prize.

Umi_Ryu
Jan 31, 2007, 12:18 PM
I am really starting to admire those peoples who make events with rewards for such morronic individuals.

I don't want to make throw oil in the fire, but for those who think he gives haxetas, make an event for doing profit on players that will earn 5M each, or whatever.

JUST IGNORE HIM AND HIS EVENT !

For everyone else, if you have the level for participating, have fun and good luck.

Also, I think such initiatives should be encouraged, if more players were gathering for offering such events from time to time it would make the whole experience of gaming better.

In any case, don't split on events and peoples who make it, because you will complain afterwards that the community sucks when everyone will stop making events ...

redcell
Jan 31, 2007, 12:20 PM
Good luck with this event, Xorn! It's nice to see more people trying to organize events =)

Reiichi
Jan 31, 2007, 12:41 PM
I ran Hive S once with a group (seemed like it was a first time for all of us) and it wasn't too bad.

Only 2 deaths total if I can recall correctly. Took us about 35 minutes with 5 people.

Just leave the loot on finder if you're worried about leechers. Unfortunately mission time will be largely based on what kind of layout you get.

Blanky
Jan 31, 2007, 12:53 PM
Maybe you could just leave out the 'spectators' and have the teams post a pic of their time, ja? I'm sure you could scrounge up another 5 mil for the 6th player, easy peasy.

DonRoyale
Jan 31, 2007, 02:29 PM
Here, why don't I just sell you a few Ray-Photons instead?

You're just demeaning your team. Hell, do what you want, people are just going to raise eyebrows. (such as myself)

Golto
Jan 31, 2007, 02:38 PM
Players in a party that stay outside are not in the rare/normal pick up cycle. When they finish the spectator can just bring up the mission overview screen and see the time. So you can't say these people are just doing it for the so called 'uber rares' like useless 12* ores etc.

Xorn
Jan 31, 2007, 02:51 PM
Hello again. Due to the "bashing" of this event, I have discussed this with a fellow guild member, and I may be able to organize this better so that you all feel more comfortable about this. Please note that all ranks are available, so that lower leveled players may enter this event. The reward for c rank mission is 1mil each. for b, 2mil. for a, 3mil. and for s rank, still 5mil. Also, the reason why we must have spectators is because not everyone can take pics, and having spectators instead allows for a larger population to participate in this event. However, due to these changes, i must state that in order for this to take action, there must be at least 3 parties per rank to compete. Also, the new meeting area will be at the central table in uni 7, not 6, and also i am changing the time for 10:00pm Eastern time. I will make a new topic about this so that it may sound more clear to people reading it for the first time.

Rizen
Jan 31, 2007, 02:52 PM
I have been planning a something really similar to this for a while now and I'm very interested how this will turn out.
People should give this a chance and go see how its like instead of bashing from the get go.

Also Xorn PM me if you need help with this.

Rashiid
Jan 31, 2007, 02:54 PM
you should hav a lvl limit for the lower ones too

cauz then a bunch of lvl 70's are gonna bomb throu each rank, leaving out lower lvls anyway

Blanky
Jan 31, 2007, 03:23 PM
On 2007-01-31 11:51, Xorn wrote:
Hello again. Due to the "bashing" of this event, I have discussed this with a fellow guild member, and I may be able to organize this better so that you all feel more comfortable about this. Please note that all ranks are available, so that lower leveled players may enter this event. The reward for c rank mission is 1mil each. for b, 2mil. for a, 3mil. and for s rank, still 5mil. Also, the reason why we must have spectators is because not everyone can take pics, and having spectators instead allows for a larger population to participate in this event. However, due to these changes, i must state that in order for this to take action, there must be at least 3 parties per rank to compete. Also, the new meeting area will be at the central table in uni 7, not 6, and also i am changing the time for 10:00pm Eastern time. I will make a new topic about this so that it may sound more clear to people reading it for the first time.

Please, all it takes is at least 1 person on PC to take a pic. If their ENTIRE team is all PS2 players, tell them they're outta luck or find a PC teammate.
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Umi_Ryu
Jan 31, 2007, 03:45 PM
"No dogs and PS2 players allowed"

I think the idea of spectator better, this way there will have no way to cheat, and belive me even without reward peoples do cheat, also it limits the parties to 5 so it will be slightly more balancing.

And, of course, it does allow a party of PS2 players to compete, don't you think there are already enought peoples bashing them ?

PS : Blanky, I don't say by this post that you are one of those who bash PS2 players, just that not allowing parties with at least one PC player would only lead some PS2 player to feel discriminated.

Blanky
Jan 31, 2007, 03:56 PM
On 2007-01-31 12:45, Umi_Ryu wrote:
"No dogs and PS2 players allowed"

I think the idea of spectator better, this way there will have no way to cheat, and belive me even without reward peoples do cheat, also it limits the parties to 5 so it will be slightly more balancing.

And, of course, it does allow a party of PS2 players to compete, don't you think there are already enought peoples bashing them ?

PS : Blanky, I don't say by this post that you are one of those who bash PS2 players, just that not allowing parties with at least one PC player would only lead some PS2 player to feel discriminated.

I'm not trying to bash PS2 players, I AM a PS2 player, but how freakin' likely is it that an entire team is composed of PS2 players? Besides, I don't see how it's unreasonable or dicriminatory to say "You need a PC player to participate in this contest"(or someone who can take pics, whatever, who says a PS2 player can't use a digi cam?). It should just be a rule. Plus, having no spectators pretty much blows the whole idea of this being a scam outta the water, since the guys holding the contest won't be apart of the parties.

EDIT: Ahh, missed your PS before, okay, gotcha.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Blanky on 2007-01-31 12:58 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Blanky on 2007-01-31 12:59 ]</font>