PDA

View Full Version : PSU-PC: PSOW Meet & Greet planned for February 3rd! (Updated

Rizen
Jan 31, 2007, 04:14 PM
Its been a while since I planned a meeting...well rather decided a date. I was going to plan one earlier but with all the other events going on in January, I decided to wait until they were done so you all wouldn't have to pick and choose which one you would be going to.

Also, the population of PSU is changing and new people are coming and others are going. I want this one to be more of a welcoming as well as a reunion to see how other PSOW members are doing.

Without further adieu, here are the details.
Day: Saturday, February 3rd
Timezone: EST
Time: 3PM EST
Place: Northern Continent: Vio Tonga (Ice Plains)
Universe: 15 (Official PSOW Universe)
Contest: POSTPONED (read below)

More details to explainand changes will be made as date approaches.

Edit: Feb 3rd at 10:00 AM - It looks like I wont be able to make the meet up today. Basically, I have some stuff going on at home and I have a college interview at 2 PM today, so it turned out to be a bad day. I still want the meeting to be held because Its been a long time since we had a decent meet and need a chance to exchange partner cards and catch up with others. I will hold the contest on a different date (not sure when).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rizen on 2007-02-03 07:05 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rizen on 2007-02-03 07:07 ]</font>

Kaydin
Jan 31, 2007, 04:24 PM
Swimsuits in the Ice Plains? I'm in!

-Ryuki-
Jan 31, 2007, 04:25 PM
Rizen's taking my swimsuit idea. I feel jipped.

Rizen
Jan 31, 2007, 04:31 PM
Actually, not really jipping. Sorry if you feel that way. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

I thought about it when I saw the pictures of the Ice lobby when it was first on the JP server and people were in their swimsuits. Plus its part of the contest idea (not a judging one, you will see). But if you really want me to take it out I will.

-Ryuki-
Jan 31, 2007, 04:32 PM
Don't worry Rizen XD I'm just teasing n_n

MaximusLight
Jan 31, 2007, 06:27 PM
Want some promotion from my meet up thread?

Siertes
Jan 31, 2007, 06:29 PM
If I don't show up in a swimsuit will I be shunned?

-Ryuki-
Jan 31, 2007, 06:33 PM
I say no, but Rizen may say otherwise XD

UnknownFox
Jan 31, 2007, 06:40 PM
hi guys im new here but is this meeting on pc playstation or xbox cuz ive been wanting to get on with a bunch of people on xbox but i cant figure out if this site is focused around the pc or xbox so im just wondering

Nuclearranger
Jan 31, 2007, 06:42 PM
Is this PC or 360?

Nuclearranger
Jan 31, 2007, 06:43 PM
On 2007-01-31 15:40, AquiredFlame wrote:
hi guys im new here but is this meeting on pc playstation or xbox cuz ive been wanting to get on with a bunch of people on xbox but i cant figure out if this site is focused around the pc or xbox so im just wondering

Its accualy both

And I think 360 Just had a meet if im not incorrect.
*I cant remember what Rizen is on

Nuclearranger
Jan 31, 2007, 06:56 PM
And i just saw the header for the topic this is for

PC and PS2

UnknownFox
Jan 31, 2007, 07:14 PM
ok thanks

kazuma56
Jan 31, 2007, 08:30 PM
hmmm, I hope to make this one... how does one get to this ice lobby? from moatoab?

Genji
Jan 31, 2007, 08:35 PM
On 2007-01-31 17:30, kazuma56 wrote:
hmmm, I hope to make this one... how does one get to this ice lobby? from moatoab?

Route 1:
System Defense > Desert Terror > Tunnel Recovery >

Route 2:
Valley of Carnage > Mine Defense > Tunnel Recovery >

Randomness
Jan 31, 2007, 08:44 PM
ooh... probably can't make it... have to double check some times.

Rizen
Jan 31, 2007, 08:53 PM
It was brought to my attention that this weekend will be quite interesting; that is, for the Americans. Apparently the Super Bowl is this Sunday and people tend to go crazy the day before for god knows what reason. Hopefully it wont mean that I have to reschedule, but if people think that this is a inconvenient time, I will change it to a different date.

Syanaide
Jan 31, 2007, 08:57 PM
MMORPG's and Football mainly attract two different types of people, I think it'll be alright. I'll be there.

DoubleJG
Jan 31, 2007, 08:58 PM
On 2007-01-31 17:53, Rizen wrote:
It was brought to my attention that this weekend will be quite interesting; that is, for the Americans. Apparently the Super Bowl is this Sunday and people tend to go crazy the day before for god knows what reason. Hopefully it wont mean that I have to reschedule, but if people think that this is a inconvenient time, I will change it to a different date.

You won't need to reschedule. The day before the super bowl is nothing more than a day to prepare. In other words, stock up on drinks, snacks, and make sure you've invited people over for the big game the next day.

Sunday, however, will have a very small amount of US players online...unless, they don't like football...

I'll try to show up, but if I do I'll be about an hour late since I sleep in. Oh, I don't have a swimsuit neither... They still on sale? If so, where and how much?

Siertes
Jan 31, 2007, 08:59 PM
Super Bowl? What the heck is that? If it isn't a giant bowl filled with cupcakes and happy then it doesn't concern me.

On with the Meeting!!!...sans swim wear

ShadowDragon28
Jan 31, 2007, 09:17 PM
What kind of contest? I want to try to win that Crea Doubles....

mydaick
Jan 31, 2007, 10:25 PM
im new and dont have a swimsuit but i want to come.

is a swimsuite realy required?

mydaick
Jan 31, 2007, 10:26 PM
im new and dont have a swimsuit but i want to come.

is a swimsuite realy required?

Syanaide
Jan 31, 2007, 11:09 PM
On 2007-01-31 17:58, DoubleJG3288 wrote:

You won't need to reschedule. The day before the super bowl is nothing more than a day to prepare. In other words, stock up on drinks, snacks, and make sure you've invited people over for the big game the next day.

Sunday, however, will have a very small amount of US players online...unless, they don't like football...

I'll try to show up, but if I do I'll be about an hour late since I sleep in. Oh, I don't have a swimsuit neither... They still on sale? If so, where and how much?

You can buy swimsuits at the clothing store in Cylez for 5,000 meseta.

Sekani
Jan 31, 2007, 11:15 PM

I was just gonna comment about this; "Who'd be crazy enough to have an event on Super Bowl Sunday?" But since you're apparently not American, I can forgive you http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

KRKcl17
Feb 1, 2007, 12:19 AM
O.O That lobby, I claimed as mine. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif Just ask Nuke. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif
Long story, good times.

Witchblade56
Feb 1, 2007, 03:16 AM
blargh always these events are planned at times i cant attend.

i'll just have to live vicariously through some nice person's screen shots http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Shaidar
Feb 1, 2007, 06:42 AM
I'm in.

But Swimsuits at ice plains? D: *shiver* I'll catch a cold unless I say close to that fire. :3

PALRAPPYS
Feb 1, 2007, 06:44 AM
*coughcopiedmecough* http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

I don't care though. It's not like I'm on the PC servers. So, I'm fine.

-Ryuki-
Feb 1, 2007, 07:01 AM
Event on Friday, and another event the week after.

Fail. Because, I won't be able to attend.

...Harsh.

Merumeru
Feb 1, 2007, 11:02 AM
XD darn would love to log on for you guys one last time, but stuck at work in the afternoon (XP Starbucks is even worse with hours than my old job)

Zer0_ConvoY
Feb 1, 2007, 11:13 AM
well I'll be able to provide screen shots, recording... well I still haven't found a free/pirated prog that can shrink my uber highrez vids down to a size premier can handle http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Itsuki
Feb 1, 2007, 11:19 AM
On 2007-02-01 08:13, Zer0_ConvoY wrote:
well I'll be able to provide screen shots, recording... well I still haven't found a free/pirated prog that can shrink my uber highrez vids down to a size premier can handle http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Virtual Dub or avisynth

Rizen
Feb 1, 2007, 11:26 AM
On 2007-02-01 03:44, PALRAPPYS wrote:
*coughcopiedmecough* http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif
I don't care though. It's not like I'm on the PC servers. So, I'm fine.

Why is everyone saying I'm copying them? >> I been planning this for a few weeks now and as I said before I didn't decide on a date because of all the other ones going on. I always try to organize meet ups once and a while, but I want to give others a chance to do ones as well. Plus this is probably the last best date for me to be around to host one.

And Swimsuits....well aren't "100% required"...but I would like for everyone to TRY one to wear one to the meet. If you don't have a swimsuit and don't have the money, I have spare meseta to buy a few extra swimsuits for people.

As for prizes, I still deciding. With duped meseta out there and hacked/duped weapons, its harder to get a prize thats worthwhile and unique. If I did give out meseta, it would be the amount I have been able to farm for the last week or so. As for the Crea Double prize...unless you hunted the board down yourself in LL and got the mats, please don't give it out. Personally, I do not want to give out nor aid spreading of duped/hacked items (such meseta, S-Ranks, Crea Double, Degahna Cannon, Vahra Claw, etc).

Oh and I am American. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif And it is not on Super Bowl day, its the day before the Super Bowl. I totally forgot about the Super Bowl because...well, Im not really into Football. XD

Ryoten
Feb 1, 2007, 02:44 PM
stupid hackers. Well I'll come, but not in my trunks tho. I have to test out my new PC & take a few screenshots of ppl.

Shinzakura
Feb 2, 2007, 08:59 PM
If I can make it, I'll be there. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Deus-Irae
Feb 2, 2007, 09:46 PM
i will try to attend.

Almalexia
Feb 3, 2007, 09:59 AM
bump

And I'm going to this one. Just gotta decide which character to take http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Almalexia on 2007-02-03 06:59 ]</font>

Rizen
Feb 3, 2007, 10:05 AM
Updated first post with this:

It looks like I wont be able to make the meet up today. Basically, I have some stuff going on at home and I have a college interview at 2 PM today, so it turned out to be a bad day. I still want the meeting to be held because Its been a long time since we had a decent meet and need a chance to exchange partner cards and catch up with others. I will hold the contest on a different date (not sure when).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rizen on 2007-02-03 07:06 ]</font>

Jasam
Feb 3, 2007, 10:06 AM
Can anyone work out the time of this for us UK peeps? (GMT)

Siertes
Feb 3, 2007, 12:51 PM
On 2007-02-03 07:06, Jasam wrote:
Can anyone work out the time of this for us UK peeps? (GMT)

I believe that would be 8 PM.

If Rizen isn't going to this thing, then there is no way I'm wearing a swimsuit.

Almalexia
Feb 3, 2007, 02:15 PM
On 2007-02-03 07:05, Rizen wrote:
Updated first post with this:

It looks like I wont be able to make the meet up today. Basically, I have some stuff going on at home and I have a college interview at 2 PM today, so it turned out to be a bad day. I still want the meeting to be held because Its been a long time since we had a decent meet and need a chance to exchange partner cards and catch up with others. I will hold the contest on a different date (not sure when).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rizen on 2007-02-03 07:06 ]</font>

Well that just killed the whole meeting. No worries though, it couldn't be helped, but I think everyone would agree that it'd suck without you and would rather do it on a day that you'd be present.

Skids
Feb 3, 2007, 02:54 PM
Anyone still going to this? Got on late and don't think I can fight my way to it in 7 minuts. So taxis would be helpful.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Skids on 2007-02-03 11:54 ]</font>

Almalexia
Feb 3, 2007, 03:09 PM
I dont think anyone is.

And I don't even know how to get there.

Gazette
Feb 3, 2007, 03:21 PM
Aye, is this motoob?

Can someone send me a party invite?
Maybe come back to town with party members still at the area?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Gazette on 2007-02-03 12:22 ]</font>

Skids
Feb 3, 2007, 03:21 PM
Got their since someone I know is their. YEA!