PDA

View Full Version : A Serious Question....for Level Headed People Only!...and do

DarkSeph
Feb 1, 2007, 03:03 AM
Ok, I'm gonna post this in 2 places to make sure I get an answer one way or the other....

My question is.......I have seen the Hacked Clothing for example for the PC version of PSU....and....it seems like it was done offline Right?..... The reason I want to know this is....I want to pick up a copy of the PC PSU game and keep it mint for the next couple years (or at least until I change my mind possibly and sell it)....but when these servers actually shut down someday....I want to be able to have my STUFF! As I'm sure everyone does....and I just don't see that happening unless SEGA has a Heart and lets us somehow save our data....which, is actually a possibility........but what I want to know is if they dont and they screw us out of all the really FUN stuff in PSU by only being able to play story mode.....can we hack Everything OFFLINE so we can still have our Chars and play with everything we want to? Or aside from the Missions and obvious server changes to things, are their certain weapons, clothings, etc that we cannot get off the CD alone?

Cuz if say the Pumpkin Head Rod or other certain weapons, clothes, etc are only available with their servers then.....I am not gonna buy the PC version at all and I guess...just enjoy it while it lasts...... I have a feeling it might end up being like my chromehounds game where I got EVERYTHING online and when SEGA shuts down the server I am screwed cuz the offline version just plain sucks!

Ok......hopefully people will stay level headed and give me straight answers instead of viewing me as bad for wanting to hack the game someday.......just KEEP IN MIND I want to do it ONLY when they shut down the servers YEARS from now..... And hey, they did it to the Gamecube so don't say it wont happen

....remember, if I was a cheater/hacker I'd be doing it already AND I wouldn't keep it sealed in it's box....

rena-ko
Feb 1, 2007, 03:51 AM
well, extramode is pretty limited. you have different stat growth, you dont have the adv. jobs. you dont have certain weapon types (like, axe and cards) and the droprates and rewards are different (easier, mostly).

so far, nothing is known tho.
a few numbers are being tossed around - like '5 year plan' etc, but i personally guess they'll follow this version up with a v2, in about a year or so, once they reach the point where they pushed out any content on disk and only could expand with online quests like more bruce's dungeon-variants.

for your chars. i guess unless there will be some way to draw them off the servers, they'll stay under sonic team's mercy. wait and see how they will treat the BB servers and then you'll be able to predict how their plan is for PSU online mode.

so far i'd say, 'time will tell' as well as 'its just a game, have your fun' - its not being said that you still will care for your chars in 5 years from now.

DarkSeph
Feb 1, 2007, 04:00 AM
Thank You rena-ko, that puts it into perspective for me. I am going to just enjoy the game while it lasts and I'm sure their will continue to be Phantasy Star games so I will just keep moving on and stick with the community.

Pentence
Feb 1, 2007, 04:29 AM
Two words mate,private servers.As the data is all on the disc and there are no new items out that are not already there(yet, also doubtfull there ever will be).In all likelyhood someone will run a private server for it once sega shuts the offical ones down.However the question of a way to have a "character transfer" to it is up in the air.I doubt sega would give you the option to save your data on your harddrive.However once a private server DOES go up(and i mean WHEN this is not an IF i can assure you)then you wil at least be able to enjoy all the parts of the game you love.Albeit you will need to earn all the old items ya had aquired.

Mattardo
Feb 1, 2007, 05:47 AM
If Sega lets you transfer your character to a private server, it would most likely be a one-way ticket. Otherwise, people will be hacking their character on the private server and then taking their new demigod back to the official servers and wrecking chaos. Personally, I do not see Sega allowing their meal ticket to be transferred EVER. I mean, what's in it for them?

Pentence
Feb 1, 2007, 06:09 AM
On 2007-02-01 02:47, Mattardo wrote:
If Sega lets you transfer your character to a private server, it would most likely be a one-way ticket. Otherwise, people will be hacking their character on the private server and then taking their new demigod back to the official servers and wrecking chaos. Personally, I do not see Sega allowing their meal ticket to be transferred EVER. I mean, what's in it for them?

Precisely

Laranas
Feb 1, 2007, 08:28 AM
Most likely impossible from a data standpoint. Extra Mode has limited items and different item tables. Most of the items that are the same have different stats and rarity, others just don't exist. Rooms are bigger online, so the decor needs to be handled... class data, so on and so forth.

Unless the talented programmers at SEGA make an almighty conversion function to get your character working in the offline enviroment (remember the limited patching the PS2 can do, i think)... then it's probably not happening.

Thrash777
Feb 1, 2007, 03:39 PM
I'd like to point out that ChromeHounds is an Xbox Live game, thus it uses Microsoft's severs, not Sega's (like PSU does). So it will be Microsoft that shuts down the ChromeHounds servers... if they do. But I doubt that will be for a VERY VERY VERY long time, as people are paying for a service on Xbox Live that requires servers for each game.

You can still play old Xbox games on Live no problem, so it will a long time before you see Xbox Live servers shut down. Heck, even the PSO servers are still going on Xbox, cos Sega don't own those.

KRKcl17
Feb 1, 2007, 04:05 PM
However, while PSOX is an example of it still running, so on and so forth, what theme has PSOX been in for the past year? That's right, the eternal christmas. I AM NOT SAYING THIS WILL HAPPEN, but it just shows that priorities are swicthed, and personally I have no idea what is going to happen in the XBOX 360 or PC/PS2 PSU future. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

pineapple
Feb 1, 2007, 04:30 PM
Someone would have to reverse engineer the game to get a private server going.
It could be possible depending on how much information is on the actual disk. I know there were PCv2 private servers...

CelestialBlade
Feb 1, 2007, 08:51 PM
Wait, why are we paranoid about PSU being shut down all the sudden? I recall "years to come" being Sega's words as far as content updates go. And private servers have a habit of ruining the game....well, the instant-gratification ones, really. I still have nightmares of seeing a million 250000000000x EXP Ragnarok Online servers....eesh.