PDA

View Full Version : PSU - PS2: Its hard to be new.

Xtasisanu
Feb 1, 2007, 01:32 PM
Can any of you give my any tips on how to start out. I do missions and get nothing out of them, the meseta that I get can barely buy me any healing items, and I can't seem to make any profit to gain more meseta go get better weapons.

Maybe I'm attacking the game mechanics the wrong way or something.

Golto
Feb 1, 2007, 01:39 PM
What type are you? I'm guessing hunter. Try to befriend forces at your level range to save on healing costs. If that doesn't work just do a few unsafe passage runs to replenish your hhealing items. Maybe try raising your pm by using the recreate chars in empty slot and putting items in common box method.

panzer_unit
Feb 1, 2007, 01:43 PM
You might have to fight for a while just to get your level / rank / skills up. Remember to pick missions that are easy for your character so you don't blow everything you earn on heals. Unless you really like Unsafe Passage C you'll probably need to try and find a low-level team to join. Then you can get into more interesting stuff.

Xtasisanu
Feb 1, 2007, 01:43 PM
Thats an interesting way to go about it, but due to the fact im lacking knowledge you might have to explain "unsafe passage" and "common box" please.

Im a Cast Ranger.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Xtasisanu on 2007-02-01 10:45 ]</font>

Xtasisanu
Feb 1, 2007, 01:48 PM
On 2007-02-01 10:43, panzer_unit wrote:
You might have to fight for a while just to get your level / rank / skills up. Remember to pick missions that are easy for your character so you don't blow everything you earn on heals. Unless you really like Unsafe Passage C you'll probably need to try and find a low-level team to join. Then you can get into more interesting stuff.

How do you get to unsafe passage c?

Dhylec
Feb 1, 2007, 01:53 PM
Colony, 4th floor, northeast (upper right) gate.

Gothica
Feb 1, 2007, 01:55 PM
Whats your IGN? I don't have any jobs around that level but I'll help you out.

Pure-chan
Feb 1, 2007, 02:05 PM
On 2007-02-01 10:48, Xtasisanu wrote:

How do you get to unsafe passage c?

When you exit your room as a new player, you are brought to the the first floor of the colony. From here, if you go to the fourth floor (4F) you will see the ports for the planets Parum, Neudaiz, Moatoob and in the northeast corner, the gateway to the Linear Line (basically, a train system for the Gauardian Colony).

Unsafe Passage C rank is in Linear Line. After completing this mission, you will be able to walk to the next mission counter. From here, the mission: Fight For Food will be selectable.

After completing Unsafe Passage and Fight For Food, you can access the planets Parum, Neudaiz and Moatoob. Also, if you haven't tried it yet, do the Tutorial mission. This mission gives you a tour of the colony and allows you to invite an NPC to support you in-game (pretty helpful early on). You can launch this mission by talking to your Partner Machinery in your room.

PM me with your char info if you'd like. I'd be happy to show you around tonight. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Aaron777
Feb 1, 2007, 02:11 PM
somebody just give this guy 100,000 meseta or something...heck i'll do it

panzer_unit
Feb 1, 2007, 02:20 PM
OH! Something I wish I'd been told about when I was noo:
Buy the boards and materials for making your own monomates etc to save a bunch of money early on! Learn to love the synthesis shop on Clyez City 2f.

BahnKnakyu
Feb 1, 2007, 02:24 PM
Don't forget to do the in-game tutorial. Go to your room by looking for an orange cube-looking thing. Select the first option (Your Room). When you're in there, talk to that floating ball with a face on it. Pick the "PM Function" menu item and choose "Talk". It should ask you if you want to play the tutorial.

The tutorial will teach you about some in game basics, such as what the purpose of the "Common Box" is (think of it as a universal storage area that can be used amongst several of your characters). It will also teach you how to properly attack and navigate your initial area (Cylez City/Guardians Colony). On top of that, you will get a partner card for the NPC that assists you. The partner card you get is determined by the race you are. Humans get Hyuuga, Casts get Lou, Newmans get Maya, and Beasts get Leo.

The partner card will allow you to have an NPC (basically an AI controlled character) partied with you when you play. This will help greatly if you play by yourself.

Xtasisanu
Feb 1, 2007, 04:39 PM
On 2007-02-01 11:11, Aaron777 wrote:
somebody just give this guy 100,000 meseta or something...heck i'll do it

Money is cool but I want to know the tips, like the saying goes.

You can teach a man to fish and hes not hungry forever...

Xtasisanu
Feb 1, 2007, 04:42 PM
On 2007-02-01 10:55, Gothica wrote:
Whats your IGN? I don't have any jobs around that level but I'll help you out.

Sorry to sound noobish yet agian, what is IGN?

Eliash
Feb 1, 2007, 04:44 PM
I believe the person is refering to your...
In Game Name

Xtasisanu
Feb 1, 2007, 04:45 PM
On 2007-02-01 13:44, Eliash wrote:
I believe the person is refering to your...
In Game Name

Thank you Sir.

Its Xtasisanu

BloodDragoon
Feb 1, 2007, 06:55 PM
On 2007-02-01 11:20, panzer_unit wrote:
OH! Something I wish I'd been told about when I was noo:
Buy the boards and materials for making your own monomates etc to save a bunch of money early on! Learn to love the synthesis shop on Clyez City 2f.

Better idea. Just run the C rank missions Unsafe Passage, and Fight for Food. You shouldn't really get hit on those because the enemies are so slow picking them apart with a rifle as a ranger should be done easily without getting hit. And lots of healing/restoritive items drop on those missions with a fair amount of basic materials used in most common synths. I tend to just solo this till level 10 then look at C rank missions in other areas. If you find me in game I'd be happy to buy you some Photon Art and Photon Bullet discs so you can get a head start on leveling those...

Almalexia
Feb 1, 2007, 07:34 PM
Learn to dodge in unsafe passage. . . less mate use. Don't fight in unsafe B. By the time you are lvl10 should you decide to stay there that long, you should have around 3,000 meseta. Hit up to Parum and go to Raffon Meadow via Flyer Base in East District.

Mad creatures is easy and lots of meseta(better than unsafe passage) drops. Beware that people will try to 'hitch a ride'. From there it's the field base. You can either do Sleeping Warriors, of Plains Overlord, both net good mission rewards at your lvl.

Theres plenty other C rank missions in the game, but they are sadly unused..

Xtasisanu
Feb 1, 2007, 09:07 PM
Thanks, many appreciations for helping me get on my feet.

Im currently at doing the runs in the Parum missions.

Look me up if you can.

Criss
Feb 2, 2007, 12:30 AM
If you think you can handle it, you can solo Linear Train C on Parum West District. That mission is fairly easy for rangers (just stay away from those self-destructing robots), and you get 8 Mission Points if you can finish it with an S-rank. Plus the map is literally one big straight line.

NisukeReach
Feb 2, 2007, 03:13 AM
my tip, is to join parties within Universe 2. No matter if it's half way done, you'll learn to interact within a mission, and listen to advice from your nicer peers. There will definately be people to ansewr your questions and everything. Money for a ranger does nothing but give you insurance, and a little something to play around with when you're starting out. I foudn that grasping the basics and the features of the game helped me spend the money that i'd gained later on, more wisely as opposed to getting myself ripped off earlier for instance.

Linear line missions (guardian colony 4th floor) are great for starting out. eventually you'll want ot progress down to other planets such as PARUM. That's also done on the foruth floor - just look around for a PPT gate to that planet.
(first accessed trhough the east side of holtes city)-The first mission will be difficult for rangers if you don't grasp the use of a rifle or a shotgun. nearly all monsters at C rank mission, flinch or stagger to all types of attacks;That is to say, your rifles and handguns will cancel their actions while they're in the first frames of their attack animations - you may continually attack a monster until it dies, receiving no damage.

The goal of finishing the first free mission in parum is to get to the lakeside base. There are two popular missions in that area that yield a good amount of mission points for advancing your liscenses, and earning money for your character respectively.

I certainly welcome the new, players of course and you can contact me via instant messeging or simply through this board

Xtasisanu
Feb 2, 2007, 09:56 AM
This is my first MMORPG, and Ive heard rumors from others that sometimes other players on the massively played games can be asses, but every sure is demeaning that little rumor.

Senpai
Feb 2, 2007, 10:20 AM
hey Xtasisanu, let me know the time frames you'll be online. I'd be more than happy to help you out http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif (i know how much it sucks being a new player and no one really helped me either http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_cry.gif ) I'll even introduce you to some people as well that will do the same as myself in your journey.

AC9breaker
Feb 2, 2007, 10:24 AM
hey man, i'd be willing to power level you. We can go do Hive B. all you gotta do is tag the guys once and you'll be level 20 in no time.

Merumeru
Feb 2, 2007, 10:48 AM
XD ah good ol' powerleveling....

err, lets see...some unsafe c, then mad c, then de ragan c or relics c with a decent party :3 recipe for success

DizzyDi
Feb 2, 2007, 10:55 AM
On 2007-02-02 06:56, Xtasisanu wrote:
This is my first MMORPG, and Ive heard rumors from others that sometimes other players on the massively played games can be asses, but every sure is demeaning that little rumor.

Player communities in MMOs mimic a real community. There are a variety of people.
Assholes, niceholes, any other kinds of holes.
Its just that the asses make themselves a lot more noticeable.
You're actually pretty lucky that this is your first MMO. The community isn't nearly as bad as other games, and this is a great game to just pick up and play w/o having to dedicate large chunks of your time to get anywhere.

I play on PS2 too, if you want a leveling buddy or something I could get on my alt and we can go for it. PM me if you wanna hook up.

Xtasisanu
Feb 2, 2007, 04:08 PM
On 2007-02-02 07:55, DizzyDi wrote:

On 2007-02-02 06:56, Xtasisanu wrote:

Player communities in MMOs mimic a real community. There are a variety of people.
Assholes, niceholes, any other kinds of holes.
Its just that the asses make themselves a lot more noticeable.
You're actually pretty lucky that this is your first MMO. The community isn't nearly as bad as other games, and this is a great game to just pick up and play w/o having to dedicate large chunks of your time to get anywhere.

I play on PS2 too, if you want a leveling buddy or something I could get on my alt and we can go for it. PM me if you wanna hook up.

Ive only meet one asshole, me and a friend where doing mad creature c adn this level 55 runs through and kills everything in one room and grabs everything and runs off with the smart comment

"Seeya Suckas!"

I abandoned the mission right then and kicked everyone out.

Thats when I learned to lock missions. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Senpai
Feb 2, 2007, 04:20 PM
lmfao, im sorry but thats funny. what an asshole!!!!! i hate players like that.......really come on, is it hard to help a lower lvl'd character out!?!?

Xtasisanu
Feb 2, 2007, 04:32 PM
Apparently not worth his time. ;/