PDA

View Full Version : My luck blows and rocks at the same time (Black Heart Hunt)

McLaughlin
Feb 1, 2007, 05:27 PM
Well, yesterday I found a HIVE, and earlier today I found a Meteoric Metal. No Black Heart yet. T_T

I've been at it for almost 3 days now, running rank C Satellite of Darkness, and I've only come across 1 rare spawn, which yielded 2 Copernia and an Olpad. I can get the first block right a lot, but the second block hates me.

So far, I've gained 1 level (was approximately 45,000 exp away when I started) and at least 25,000 meseta.

Is there some trick to not getting ****ed over by Block 2?

Eliash
Feb 1, 2007, 05:29 PM
No trick...

ljkkjlcm9
Feb 1, 2007, 05:38 PM
at least you've seen the rare enemies, that's more than I can say, though I did get a HIVE and a Meteoric Metal as well

THE JACKEL

DarkAeon
Feb 1, 2007, 05:41 PM
I got a HIVE and Meteoric Metal too, but no rare spawn.

twysted
Feb 1, 2007, 06:01 PM
i have found 3 hives and 5 or six meteoric metals but no rare spawn i have done a ton of those runs lol

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: twysted on 2007-02-01 15:02 ]</font>

Parn
Feb 1, 2007, 06:05 PM
Them's the works... those units are a pain to get, it seems.

Perhaps you need a little sexiness to lure them in more!

McLaughlin
Feb 1, 2007, 06:10 PM
Parn, would you join my party? I fear my metallic awesomeness is scaring them away. I think I need a fleshie.

DarkAeon
Feb 1, 2007, 06:11 PM
Ill join in if you don't mind... want me to send you a FR?

McLaughlin
Feb 1, 2007, 06:13 PM
Sure. I probably won't be on much more today though. Big Physics test tomorrow and I need to ace it.

DarkAeon
Feb 1, 2007, 06:13 PM
-yay 100th post!-

Ok. I'll just send you a FR right now but ill probably be gone aswell

Parn
Feb 1, 2007, 06:16 PM
I'm holding out for Saturday to do that whole silly demo thing to try to get one of those Sonic statues, so I'm technically not online just yet. In the meantime, I'm clearing story mode for 360, now. I'm new to this whole Xbox 360 thing, and achievement points are really neat. Gives me that extra little something to work towards, even if it is kinda silly!

Tahldon
Feb 1, 2007, 06:23 PM
*Snicker*

This is why I gave up after 10 hours of running the Hive.

3 Days? Lol it's really not meant for you to get a black heart unit.

Mayhaps you should wait for another one to come out.

And I feel kinda bothered now.. I woulda long thought Sychosis would've made some kind of post, but I haven't seen any out of him..

Perhaps I shouldn't have told that kitten with the Uzi where he lived.. >.>

McLaughlin
Feb 1, 2007, 06:25 PM
Ah, good plan. I like Achievements too, even if I'll never get the "100 Longshot kills" in Gears of War. Can't hit the broad side of a barn with that thing T_T

McLaughlin
Feb 1, 2007, 06:28 PM
On 2007-02-01 15:23, Tahldon wrote:
*Snicker*

This is why I gave up after 10 hours of running the Hive.

3 Days? Lol it's really not meant for you to get a black heart unit.

Mayhaps you should wait for another one to come out.

And I feel kinda bothered now.. I woulda long thought Sychosis would've made some kind of post, but I haven't seen any out of him..

Perhaps I shouldn't have told that kitten with the Uzi where he lived.. >.>

Aha!

Darbelans see my Cast and think "WE GON' GET IT!", but if they see Nyasia, they'll think "*drool* zomg, t3h g1rlz!". Then I'll pop out and they say "OH ****, NOW WE REALLY GON' GET IT!"

I'll get the damn thing, just you watch. I got my J Sword, this is child's play in comparison...I hope >_>

McLaughlin
Feb 1, 2007, 07:06 PM
Found a Scape Doll.

McLaughlin
Feb 1, 2007, 07:11 PM
Good sir, I despise you.

DarkAeon
Feb 1, 2007, 07:11 PM
I have a board that converts scape dolls to black hearts...

omegapirate2k
Feb 1, 2007, 07:13 PM
XD Dark.

I just joined an A run midway through today and saw 2 rare enemy spawns. Lucky me, I guess, although I didn't get any rares, I got a quite a bit of exp from them though ^_^

McLaughlin
Feb 1, 2007, 07:18 PM
On 2007-02-01 16:13, omegapirate2k wrote:
XD Dark.

I just joined an A run midway through today and saw 2 rare enemy spawns. Lucky me, I guess, although I didn't get any rares, I got a quite a bit of exp from them though ^_^

Shut up! Just shut up, OK!?

Behelit
Feb 1, 2007, 07:24 PM
did HIVE for 2 days.Got 4 rares enemies but just stupid loots , no black heart...
2 intresting days ... and for nothing -_-

Knowbodie
Feb 1, 2007, 07:54 PM
I fought Darbelans spawns five times, 1 S run, 4 A runs, and 1 C run... 3 Olpads, 4 Copernias, 2 money drops, 1 Upteline and a Te/Tech Save. Of course i had a groups of friends join on my very first one...and one of them got a Te/Tech save (Sold for 750k with 5-6 A ranks)....shortly after that on my other spawn i got disconnected while fighting them. No blackheart....

McLaughlin
Feb 1, 2007, 07:56 PM
At least you can get them to spawn. I've gone 3 days with 1 spawn T_T

I think I'm gonna up it to B rank soon.

omegapirate2k
Feb 1, 2007, 08:04 PM
Is it confirmed that there is a higher chance of finding rare enemies on higher ranks? Because that might be your problem.

Tahldon
Feb 1, 2007, 08:05 PM
Bump that, I quit again >:(

McLaughlin
Feb 1, 2007, 08:07 PM
XD

I too must call it a day. Have to idle in a Custom Game in Halo2 to qualify for the Rule of 3 program to get into the Halo3 Beta. Plus I need to study.

Neith
Feb 1, 2007, 08:10 PM
I've been at this for around 20 hours total now, and seen one rare spawn, which dropped Copernia. I have found a HIVE, but no Meteoric Metal, but gained 4 levels from this so far.

I keep getting owned by Block 2 constantly, which is kinda annoying, but I guess I'll keep at it until it drops/I go insane, whichever comes first.

McLaughlin
Feb 1, 2007, 08:23 PM
I'm starting to think I'm looking for the Holy Grail.

Bluepheonix
Feb 1, 2007, 08:52 PM
I've met them 6x now in C,B and still got nothing this was my 4th day.... i guess i should quit because it dosn't look like im going to get it anytime soon....

I've gotten 6x meteoric metal, 4 cops, 2 olpad, and lotsa metsa, not to mention over 80,000 exp now -_-

from lvl 50-52/53

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Bluepheonix on 2007-02-01 17:55 ]</font>

pineapple
Feb 1, 2007, 08:54 PM
What does Meteoric Metal do? I randomly got one today, should I be more excited?

McLaughlin
Feb 1, 2007, 09:17 PM
Used for a synthesis board we don't have access to yet, I'm assuming. I'd hang onto it.

Tahldon
Feb 1, 2007, 09:22 PM
On 2007-02-01 18:17, Obsidian_Knight wrote:
Used for a synthesis board we don't have access to yet, I'm assuming. I'd hang onto it.

Go to bed foou? >.>

You should dwell on the failure of your not finding blackheart tonight.

>.> *evil grin on the inside*

DarkAeon
Feb 1, 2007, 09:23 PM
btw for the rule of 3, um, it started at 12 AM so no way you can get in now everyone idled overnight, im just gonna buy crackdown i guess *sigh* didnt it start today at 12 AM?

McLaughlin
Feb 1, 2007, 09:30 PM
Except you don't register until the 5th, so http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

I was planning on getting Crackdown anyway. Cool game.

CrabRangoon
Feb 1, 2007, 09:49 PM
I thought that characters Luck had something do do with the rare map, as well as obviously having an effect on the chance of it dropping once the rare enemies do spawn. I recall the first guy posting up on here (Stixx? Sixx?) receiving his just hours into his Human Male character having Lv3 Luck. I farmed it for a short bit of time yesterday (as in starting and quitting if I didnt get the right map spawn, for ~2 hours), but for the most part, I was playing the HIVE because I can solo C and make 9 MP in about 11, maybe 12 minutes. I really appreciate the shot at ~.8MP/minute =D but it got old after just one day, I dont see how you guys can stand to keep on it and seek this item, I bore of the same mission too quickly =( but don't get me wrong, I seriously wish I had the same stamina and edge you guys keep up when doing the same run to farm something. I end up quitting to easily and too early on, so I never get particular drops I seek, or rare spawns, but thats what I get for being a quitter.
Next time I've got max luck, I tell you what, I'll definately be as persistant as possible in farming for this, just because I wanna make a pretty penny on it (and I'll take all the Meteoric Metal and Gems it has to throw at me too XD ).
Good luck to you all.

DarkAeon
Feb 1, 2007, 09:54 PM
Ya im downloading the crackdown and GRAW2 demos right now, what do you mean register till the 5th? o.O

MayLee
Feb 1, 2007, 10:00 PM
On 2007-02-01 18:22, Tahldon wrote:

On 2007-02-01 18:17, Obsidian_Knight wrote:

Go to bed foou? >.>

You should dwell on the failure of your not finding blackheart tonight.

>.> *evil grin on the inside*

You are evil.

Watch me ind this BlackHeart and wave it in the face of victory. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

DarkAeon
Feb 1, 2007, 10:01 PM
We should all have a black heart search marathon tomorrow night on 360. once i get home from school tomorrow ill make a post?

MayLee
Feb 1, 2007, 10:03 PM
A blackHeart search party! I'm down!

CrabRangoon
Feb 1, 2007, 10:06 PM
There wouldn't be enough to go around! That aint fair!
I have a better idea... everybody get on the same Uni (after all, there is that 360 meet-up tomorrow night on Uni15, you guys attending?) and have a race to the Black Heart!
Winner of the contest wins..... a Black Heart, that they had to find, of course =X
Hah, just an idea.

McLaughlin
Feb 1, 2007, 10:08 PM
Sure. Though, I haven't been finishing the missions T_T Maybe I outta >_>

And I mean, from Feb 1st to the 3rd, you need to play at least 3 hours of H2 multiplayer. Then, on February 5th you go to Halo3.com and register.

MayLee
Feb 1, 2007, 10:16 PM
On 2007-02-01 19:06, CrabRangoon wrote:
I have a better idea... everybody get on the same Uni (after all, there is that 360 meet-up tomorrow night on Uni15, you guys attending?) and have a race to the Black Heart!
Winner of the contest wins..... a Black Heart, that they had to find, of course =X
Hah, just an idea.

My opinion, i think it's easier to find the BH with a full party then being in solo runs

McLaughlin
Feb 1, 2007, 10:19 PM
We'd be hunting up to 6 times longer though T_T

I don't think I'm mentally fortified for such a thing.

CrabRangoon
Feb 1, 2007, 10:19 PM
On 2007-02-01 19:16, MayLee wrote:

On 2007-02-01 19:06, CrabRangoon wrote:
Hah, just an idea.

My opinion, i think it's easier to find the BH with a full party then being in solo runs

Definitely speeds up the process. :shrug: I'm game for playing with any PSOWers, though, so I wont be complaining. If the runs being done were B or A, at least the drops, cash, and experience would yield value, compared to doing a bunch of C's and getting a few 30-45M drops and 2*'s here and there.

MayLee
Feb 1, 2007, 10:24 PM
On 2007-02-01 19:19, Obsidian_Knight wrote:

You never know umtill you tried, could be fun.

Sekani
Feb 1, 2007, 10:25 PM
Send me a message if I'm online.

Tahldon
Feb 1, 2007, 10:29 PM
On 2007-02-01 19:24, MayLee wrote:

On 2007-02-01 19:19, Obsidian_Knight wrote:

You never know umtill you tried, could be fun.

Lol could be fun when someone else gets the item and puts it on in front of you.

It'll be fun to watch the War of the Worlds break out.

Then again.. Could be a plot.. to steal it away >.>

Yes Obsidian, lets all go search together >:3

McLaughlin
Feb 1, 2007, 10:32 PM
*Locks room, password's party, Party Invite set to Block*

You are a diabolical man Tahldon.

MayLee
Feb 1, 2007, 10:32 PM
If someone dropped that item to gloat about it. I'd snatch it up in a flash just because they were being complete pricks about it. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

I'd say, let's all do search parties and whoever has received the BH must leave the party so someone els can have a chance at it.

MayLee
Feb 1, 2007, 10:45 PM
On 2007-02-01 19:32, Obsidian_Knight wrote:
*Locks room, password's party, Party Invite set to Block*

You are a diabolical man Tahldon.

Hey! I want in! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

McLaughlin
Feb 1, 2007, 10:47 PM
I can't trust anyone. ; ;

I'm sorry MayLee, IF THAT'S REALLY YOU!

MayLee
Feb 1, 2007, 10:52 PM
On 2007-02-01 19:47, Obsidian_Knight wrote:
I can't trust anyone. ; ;

I'm sorry MayLee, IF THAT'S REALLY YOU!

Oh..Oh..I see how it is, now. >.>

Now I'm really determined to get that BH.

DarkSeph
Feb 1, 2007, 10:56 PM
I know none of you are gonna want to hear this but.....you should really wait for a 3 star luck day to do your hunting for rare spawns......why? Well what I have noticed is that after working my butt off trying to get rare rappy spawns for example on a day with little to no luck, I wasted 5 hours! Versus the day I had 3 star luck and it only took 1 hour to find my Rappy Noel's..... AND....I have since gotten the rappies 2 more times only I wasn't looking for them......I had 3 star luck and to my Shock http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif I ran into them....once on A rank De Ragan run and once with my lvl 4 Cast on Linear Lines which had 3 star luck that day......first run!

So....I seriously think if your gonna try for em at least try on a day with 3 star luck......I truely think it will reduce the time you have to spend looking

McLaughlin
Feb 1, 2007, 10:58 PM
MayLee, update your sig. You're LV 45 now.

Eliash
Feb 1, 2007, 10:59 PM
I found 8 rappies (2 spawns) today with 0 luck...yet I still don't have my Giga / Skill unit. I just restarted hunting for it after a little break. Rare hunting is hard work. It takes dedication, skill, and above all luck. All of which I don't have! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

MayLee
Feb 1, 2007, 11:00 PM
It wont matter, by the 3rd-6th I'll be back down to level 1 again. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

-Crokar-
Feb 2, 2007, 12:28 AM
yet you updated it anyway.....

twysted
Feb 2, 2007, 02:07 AM
wow well tonight i was not even looking for the darbelan and i found some but did not get a black heart http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif i did get alot of meseta and a monomate from them though..
weird thing was i saw them 2 runs in a row that was crazy ....

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: twysted on 2007-02-02 07:06 ]</font>

Garnet_Moon
Feb 2, 2007, 02:08 AM
Oh yeah? I got a [B] Moon Atomizer X in my first room on a Dark Satellite B run. Beat that. I dare you all.

I dun have a screen cap though. Sadly. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

SolomonGrundy
Feb 2, 2007, 02:18 AM
On 2007-02-01 23:08, Garnet_Moon wrote:
Oh yeah? I got a [B] Moon Atomizer X in my first room on a Dark Satellite B run. Beat that. I dare you all.

I dun have a screen cap though. Sadly. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

I got something FAR more special than that. I got killed by megids with 20% dark armor on a C run. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

McLaughlin
Feb 2, 2007, 06:52 AM
I never even SEE Megid on my C runs >_>

AlieNxxxxxxxx
Feb 2, 2007, 07:58 AM
I pwn the HIVE.
No black heart yet...

But in total I have found 6 meteoric metals.
about 13 HIVE room deco's.
and 1 spawn of rappies.
and 3 spawns of that big dude who jumps alot.
But like you, I only got copernia and junk like that.

And I usually find a scape doll or kubara wood every run.

Howard_Moon
Feb 2, 2007, 10:36 AM
Found mine after 3 days ...constant restarts ..Map B-X gave me mine but i had to do the rare map 4 times for it to actually drop it.
Good luck to all those still hunting.... XD

MayLee
Feb 2, 2007, 10:56 AM
On 2007-02-01 21:28, -Crokar- wrote:
yet you updated it anyway.....

What, you got a problem or something?

*cracks knuckles* >=(

<.<

Akaimizu
Feb 2, 2007, 12:07 PM
On 2007-02-01 18:49, CrabRangoon wrote:
I thought that characters Luck had something do do with the rare map, as well as obviously having an effect on the chance of it dropping once the rare enemies do spawn.

Trust me on this. And I can verify this on a very very well-tested aspect. 3-star luck has nothing to do with getting the rare map. I've tried it a lot, and I'll tell you from personal experience, you have just as much chance of coming up empty.

Howard_Moon
Feb 2, 2007, 12:09 PM
yeah this is true... i found nothing with luck and got my Heart with no luck atall...

Its just a lot of time a dedication if you want it... XD

Akaimizu
Feb 2, 2007, 12:10 PM
No. It's pure unadulterated player not character luck. My 265 hours (level 54 character) with only 1 single rare map sighting, to my list says, "It'll come to you, when it feels like it comes to you."

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-02-02 09:12 ]</font>

twysted
Feb 2, 2007, 12:11 PM
i have actually found most of the rare monsters on non lucky days like yesterday so i do not think luck has anything to do with it ...

Reiichi
Feb 2, 2007, 12:23 PM
It is very hard to be able to see the difference between what might be a 1% and 2% chance of a rare map spawn.

As for solo rare map hunting, I scored a better ratio of rare spawn maps / not rare spawn maps with 1 luck rather than 3 luck. But my sample data is small.

DarkAeon
Feb 2, 2007, 02:48 PM
Ok I'll be on for the rest of the night probably Uni 15 at the space dock running C HIVE runs, anyone who wants to come, come!

edit: actually, guys we can also run de ragnus...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DarkAeon on 2007-02-02 11:54 ]</font>

McLaughlin
Feb 2, 2007, 04:09 PM
I'm going to continue hunting later tonight. Playing a bit of Gears of War right now to blow off some steam.

hainsaw3
Feb 2, 2007, 05:06 PM
I'm in uni 15 right now at space block, if you need another player, I'll be happy to join.

McLaughlin
Feb 2, 2007, 07:18 PM
I'll be on in a few hours. The hunt shall continue then.

McLaughlin
Feb 2, 2007, 11:20 PM
I don't know what I did to Block 2, but I'm sorry for whatever it was. T_T

The hunt continues. >_>

Ryno
Feb 2, 2007, 11:30 PM
i saw sombody with it today on the 360 he said he was lucky

DarkAeon
Feb 2, 2007, 11:44 PM
Hunt continues >.<

McLaughlin
Feb 3, 2007, 12:15 AM
I'm hitting the hay for tonight. I'll continue to update tomorrow.

DarkAeon
Feb 3, 2007, 12:31 AM
Same.

Krans
Feb 3, 2007, 12:46 AM
wow quite a read, maybe ill join all of you in hunting seems like hell though lol

McLaughlin
Feb 3, 2007, 12:55 PM
Hunting has recommenced! Though at some point I need to play the Demo to get that statue...

Senpai
Feb 3, 2007, 01:24 PM
ok, i finally read the whole thread (geez). my question is what rank would you be able to find the BH unit. I've heard that it was B cuz its a B unit, im just trying to verify this

hainsaw3
Feb 3, 2007, 01:59 PM
On 2007-02-03 10:24, Senpai wrote:
ok, i finally read the whole thread (geez). my question is what rank would you be able to find the BH unit. I've heard that it was B cuz its a B unit, im just trying to verify this

any of them

Senpai
Feb 3, 2007, 02:00 PM
awesomes, imma start hunting after work http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

McLaughlin
Feb 3, 2007, 04:18 PM
What are the odds of me playing for 4 days and only seeing 1 rare spawn (on day 1)?

EC_Subbie
Feb 3, 2007, 04:39 PM
I've joined the hunt. Is it true this unit makes you invincible to Megid?

_Vyser_
Feb 3, 2007, 05:52 PM
Has anyone found this chart helpful? http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v484/scottkuda/PSU%20shots/RareSpawnChart-SatelliteofDarkness.jpg

I've been doing the whole "restart-til-you-get-the-right-map thing" and so far, no luck http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif
Have you all been just beating every map you enter, or use this/a similar chart?

McLaughlin
Feb 3, 2007, 05:56 PM
I've been using that chart, yes. I've only encountered 1 rare spawn (B-X) over the course of my 4 day hunt.

And no, I don't think the unit makes you impervious to Megid. It'd be nice to be proven wrong though http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Raduu
Feb 4, 2007, 01:49 AM
Me and My bro both have been at this for about a
week, since they added SoD mission. I have only
encountered one rare map myself in that time.
while he has been through a total of 11 Rare maps
killing a total of 44 Darbelan. Still no BlackHeart
It's getting tough restarting the same mission over
and over again.. SEGA!! just let teh BH drop already
>.< only person I know of that has it is Styxx.

Orin654
Feb 4, 2007, 03:14 PM
Hopefully in the future, they will have other Hive Missions where the Darbelan is more common http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

EC_Subbie
Feb 4, 2007, 03:48 PM
Wow Sega is evil for making a drop like this so impossibly difficult to get. I'm on 6 hours so far over the course of 2 days and I haven't had a single rare map. I hate quitting on this kind of thing..but it's just so mind numbingly dull.... I feel like a freaking zombie while mindlessly slaughtering and restarting the map over and over and over again.. It's not fun... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

UnknownFox
Feb 4, 2007, 04:08 PM
ya ive been hunting the BH for the last two days and ill i get is the first block but never the second so i always restart till i get this thing. and yes i use the chart

Rashiid
Feb 4, 2007, 04:17 PM
On 2007-02-03 13:39, EC_Subbie wrote:

lol, no sir
if so, it would have in the special effects area 'immune to incapitation'

ZodiacNKnight
Feb 4, 2007, 07:15 PM
Killed 16 Darbelans in 12 hours... (Emptyhanded)

I met someone yesterday with a Blackheart (PC/PS2)...
She said she got it on her second rare map in just 6 hours. T-T

(I have so much envy for her...)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ZodiacNKnight on 2007-02-04 16:17 ]</font>

McLaughlin
Feb 4, 2007, 07:37 PM
I'm not quite sure "envy" is the word I'd use. I found bubcus today, so I'm going to play a little bit of Gears of War.

And by bubcus I mean not even a rare spawn. Been at it for almost 8 hours today T_T

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Obsidian_Knight on 2007-02-04 16:38 ]</font>

Ravennittes
Feb 4, 2007, 08:05 PM
I'll look into doin some of this tomorrow. Perhaps I can get a Black Heart, or a Gaozoran Rod ^.^ .

DarkAeon
Feb 4, 2007, 08:47 PM
i still havent found one rare spawn D: :*(

_Vyser_
Feb 4, 2007, 09:08 PM
I just found my first one (the A-X route) and I got: olpad, copernia, mes, and...a GOD DAMN MONOMATE!!!!...*fume fume* Even with 3* luck today, I only found one rare map in about 8 hours. >_<

DarkAeon
Feb 4, 2007, 09:10 PM
i heard luck has nothing to do with the rare map spawns >.< one of the admins said that, ill get the source if i can find it

_Vyser_
Feb 4, 2007, 09:21 PM
Yeah i've heard both ways. I recal reading the post by the admin, but I've heard on two accounts that people with 3* luck have been finding the maps withing 1-2 hours, whereas today, I found it on my last run.

ZodiacNKnight
Feb 4, 2007, 10:58 PM
On 2007-02-04 16:15, ZodiacNKnight wrote:
Killed 16 Darbelans in 12 hours... (Emptyhanded)

I met someone yesterday with a Blackheart (PC/PS2)...
She said she got it on her second rare map in just 6 hours. T-T

(I have so much envy for her...)

Make that 20 Darbelans...
All 4 dropped mesta.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ZodiacNKnight on 2007-02-04 19:58 ]</font>

McLaughlin
Feb 5, 2007, 07:28 AM
Well, I just got another HIVE decoration. Still no rare spawn though.

Off to school.

Howard_Moon
Feb 5, 2007, 07:42 AM
On 2007-02-03 13:39, EC_Subbie wrote:

Nope all it does is make you look smoky and gives you End + 2 ,, That is all..

I was lucky enough to find mine very quickly but i spent 9 days looking for a 2nd one,,15 hours a day constantly restarting..

I gave up now but its really not worth the hassle guys trust me lol

XD

McLaughlin
Feb 5, 2007, 04:15 PM
Gained another level. Still no spawn.

Aven
Feb 5, 2007, 04:20 PM
I've been doing this on and off (as in 3-5 hours at a time, usually once/twice a day) since the day after the mission was added.

Haven't even seen a Darbelan yet.

McLaughlin
Feb 5, 2007, 04:59 PM
My second Meteoric Metal, but still no spawn.

Orin654
Feb 5, 2007, 05:03 PM
Ive killed 16 so far. No Heart.

RiskBreaker
Feb 5, 2007, 05:48 PM
8 hours, 3 meteoric metals, 4 darbelan, no heart.

EC_Subbie
Feb 5, 2007, 11:58 PM
9 hours, a few meteoric metals, copernia, olpad, 2 Hives, meseta drops... 2 rare map spawns within the 6th hour, neither dropped Black Heart http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

McLaughlin
Feb 6, 2007, 07:21 AM
Still no spawn T_T

Just so I'm clear, This Chart (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v484/scottkuda/PSU%20shots/RareSpawnChart-SatelliteofDarkness.jpg) is what you all are using, right?

McLaughlin
Feb 6, 2007, 07:28 AM
Just got another Meteoric Metal, but still no spawn.

I'm off to school.

RiskBreaker
Feb 6, 2007, 08:29 AM
Yeah I've been using that map Obsidian. But I've noticed that the map on psupedia http://psupedia.info/index.php?title=Rare_Monsters is exactly the same except for A-X block1, the above map says 3 X Delsaban, psupedia says 3x Delsaban + 2 X Delsaban.

Any one know which version is correct? I've yet to see an A pattern route which has just 3 Delsabans as the first spawn in Block 1.

FeralKitty
Feb 6, 2007, 08:41 AM
The psupedia one is the corrected one. A-3 and A-X always spawn Delsaban x3 + Delsaban x2. Just check the large spawn in the next room to rule out A-1.

I get A-3 often, but I've only seen A-X once. Darn those two extra pannons! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

RiskBreaker
Feb 6, 2007, 08:47 AM
Thanks http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Damn, wish I knew that yesterday http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif Kept skipping the A pattern because I never saw three lone Del's lol.

Tahldon
Feb 6, 2007, 09:57 AM
I went black heart hunting last night.

I got the rare map, I got to the Delbarans and I killed one and this blue thing popped out.

I was like "Yahoo!" (All JP style), then I walked up on it, It was a monomate.

You dirty little delbarans and your monomates. You guuuuuys. :3

MayLee
Feb 6, 2007, 01:00 PM
On 2007-02-06 06:57, Tahldon wrote:
I went black heart hunting last night.

I got the rare map, I got to the Delbarans and I killed one and this blue thing popped out.

I was like "Yahoo!" (All JP style), then I walked up on it, It was a monomate.

You dirty little delbarans and your monomates. You guuuuuys. :3

This is the part I would point and laugh but...I'm too lazy to do so. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Tahldon
Feb 6, 2007, 01:12 PM
Just fought them again.

Meseta, meseta, meseta,....

*drumroll*

Olpad... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

-----------

Oh The perils of the hunt! I got the rare spawns TWICE on a ONE lunchbreak. (Yes I play on my lunch. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif)

Alas.. Olpad, Meseta, Meseta, and a Dimate. They gave me a promotion from the monomate last time XD

Good thing I was listening to Utada HIkaru or I woulda been enraged :3.

Ooooh what a dayyyy.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Tahldon on 2007-02-06 10:55 ]</font>

imfanboy
Feb 6, 2007, 02:18 PM
Let's see.....

30 minutes, one HIVE decoration, one rare spawn, one Black Heart.

Yep, that's right, i got one on my FIRST rare spawn.

I have no idea what you jokers are doing wrong... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

McLaughlin
Feb 6, 2007, 03:49 PM
On 2007-02-06 11:18, imfanboy wrote:
Let's see.....

I have no idea what you jokers are doing wrong... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Urge to kill...rising...

Rising...

hainsaw3
Feb 6, 2007, 03:58 PM
On 2007-02-06 11:18, imfanboy wrote:
Let's see.....

That is sooooooooooooooooooooooooo mean....

MayLee
Feb 6, 2007, 04:01 PM
On 2007-02-06 10:12, Tahldon wrote:
Just fought them again.

Meseta, meseta, meseta,....

*drumroll*

Olpad... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

-----------

Oh The perils of the hunt! I got the rare spawns TWICE on a ONE lunchbreak. (Yes I play on my lunch. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif)

Alas.. Olpad, Meseta, Meseta, and a Dimate. They gave me a promotion from the monomate last time XD

Good thing I was listening to Utada HIkaru or I woulda been enraged :3.

Ooooh what a dayyyy.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Tahldon on 2007-02-06 10:55 ]</font>
at least you found Rappies. =

Axle-Gear
Feb 6, 2007, 04:03 PM
Yeah man lol... thats harsh... i would say congrats but u seem to be doing that enough yourself http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Axle-Gear
Feb 6, 2007, 04:26 PM
Oh btw, on the B runs, it has to be 2 Delsabans, and 2 Pannons & A SEED Vance in the first room of block 1 to proceed hopefuly into block 3 etc.. right?

McLaughlin
Feb 6, 2007, 04:27 PM
The SEED Vance doesn't need to be in the first room. That's just the type of large enemy you'll encounter throughout the block.

Axle-Gear
Feb 6, 2007, 04:31 PM
Orly? Hmm.. Im sure it stats that on PSUpedia?

McLaughlin
Feb 6, 2007, 04:37 PM
It says

Delsaban x 2
Pannan x 2
(large: SEED Vance)

That means on the first spawn, you'll see 2 Pannons and 2 Delsabans. The type of large creature found on that block will be SEED Vances.

Axle-Gear
Feb 6, 2007, 04:40 PM
Gotcha, thanks for the carification - Good luck with your hunt! You've made urself pretty infamous through this thread lol

McLaughlin
Feb 6, 2007, 05:15 PM
Got another HIVE. Still no spawn though T_T

Tahldon
Feb 6, 2007, 06:20 PM
Oh the horror.

How lucky am I to get 3 rare spawns in one day! If they stop dropping things like MESETA and OLPAD (my fated rare) we'd be making some real progress here >:3

Novajone
Feb 6, 2007, 07:00 PM
i heard there going to be a drop incress but not sure if this is true might happen or not

Pinecone
Feb 6, 2007, 07:09 PM
finally got my first rare spawn after 3 days ^_^

Olpad, Olpad, meseta and aporaline =_="

luckily this was right before uni 2 crashed and I had just started another mission. I woulda been so mad if I was fighting darbelans and got booted XD

Novajone
Feb 6, 2007, 07:14 PM
yes true that will happen but get better rares than that i think XD sould able find black heart easly

Axle-Gear
Feb 6, 2007, 08:01 PM
Got a sneaky suspicion it was caused by H4x0rs, PSO used to crash like that alot when dupes or such were made...

Axle-Gear
Feb 6, 2007, 08:03 PM
And it just happened again....

Novajone
Feb 6, 2007, 08:07 PM
umm confused are we talking about pso or psu

Axle-Gear
Feb 6, 2007, 08:17 PM
PSU... sorry I should be mentioning this here but i found it somewhat relivant

Novajone
Feb 6, 2007, 08:39 PM
never seen this happen before but only seen a person with so many mesta called optimus prime but seen odd weapones like safri daggers and junk not sure if heart would be in that hive level or it will be in the final boss guy

Axle-Gear
Feb 6, 2007, 09:13 PM
Oh beleive me, it drops in HIVE, it drops from the rare bad guy, but the item drop ratio isnt too great. I found a Black Heart a few days ago and am after another one!

McLaughlin
Feb 6, 2007, 10:25 PM
I'm at 1 spawn in 8 days. Said spawn was on the first day.

God, why doth thou mocketh me?...ith?

Tahldon
Feb 6, 2007, 10:26 PM
Damn.. 8 Spawns in one day

Yet no Black heart.. man

Axle-Gear
Feb 6, 2007, 10:40 PM
None today and sadly enough i've been going about 12 hours today :|

McLaughlin
Feb 6, 2007, 10:51 PM
OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG

I'm on an A-X spawn!!

Come on, Black Heart!!!

McLaughlin
Feb 6, 2007, 10:59 PM
2 Olpads, meseta and a Monomate.

BUT AT LEAST I FOUND THEM!!! WOOHOO!!

Tahldon
Feb 7, 2007, 12:49 AM
*Faceplant*

I am.. defeated.. for today..

9 Delbaran runs.. 2 Olpad.. 2 Dimates.. 1 Monomates.. Several Meseta drops...

...... 0 Black Heart Units...

Off to bed I go... I shall try again tomorrow...!

McLaughlin
Feb 7, 2007, 04:42 PM
Another A-X spawn. Money and Dimates T_T

MayLee
Feb 7, 2007, 07:09 PM
Heh, awww. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

omegapirate2k
Feb 7, 2007, 08:04 PM
This is getting to the point of obsession now, is it REALLY WORTH IT??!?!?

-Crokar-
Feb 7, 2007, 08:07 PM
ive seent them once in over 60 hours......another guy i know has found 3....

yay 1k posts

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: -Crokar- on 2007-02-07 18:10 ]</font>

Tahldon
Feb 7, 2007, 08:34 PM
Good luck on the hunt, Obsidian.

I'm pulling out of this race. My buddy just got his, He bought it.

It doesn't look like what images of it made it out to be. It's too dark and morbid for me.. not my type of thing.

I think I'll wait for the Electro Heart or something else to come out.

I'm not feeling those effects :s

imfanboy
Feb 7, 2007, 09:02 PM
Heh. Heh. HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_evil.gif http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_evil.gif http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_evil.gif

Just to taunt y'all, here's a snapshot a friend took of Atma Weapon...

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i225/iamfanboy/atmaweaponwithblackheart.jpg

Yes, indeed, her consumption of souls has improved to the point where she's more evil than ever before....

And that is her 450 in the background, named Dark Bridge. One evil weapon of destruction deserves another, eh?

MayLee
Feb 7, 2007, 09:13 PM
Eww..Me dun like the look. I'l wait for the winged armor. >.>

Ravennittes
Feb 7, 2007, 09:16 PM
Whitil Wings ya mean?

MayLee
Feb 7, 2007, 09:25 PM
Yes, that is what MayLee means. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Tahldon
Feb 7, 2007, 09:31 PM
I'm not interested in Whitill Wing either.

xzidanex
Feb 7, 2007, 10:06 PM
Sadly I don't like the wings either... they seemed cool, and I like the way they look, except for the fact that they're basically 2D, they're completely paper thin...

MayLee
Feb 7, 2007, 11:27 PM
I guess they just remind me of my angel wing mag. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Tahldon
Feb 7, 2007, 11:40 PM
On 2007-02-07 20:27, MayLee wrote:
I guess they just remind me of my angel wing mag. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

I miss my mag http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

It started off as Orange.. then evolved into some pretty crazy stuff...

EC_Subbie
Feb 8, 2007, 07:29 AM
I'm around 13 hours worth so far now... 4 spawns... 16 Darjebans.... 0 blackhearts.

RiskBreaker
Feb 8, 2007, 11:31 AM
Fell asleep whilst doing this last night. Up to 18 hours of searching now and I've only encountered the rare spawns once. Be damned if I'm giving up after investing 18 hours though http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

MayLee
Feb 8, 2007, 11:33 AM
On 2007-02-07 20:40, Tahldon wrote:

On 2007-02-07 20:27, MayLee wrote:

I miss my mag http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

It started off as Orange.. then evolved into some pretty crazy stuff...

I had a pink, black, and orange Sato. Meof. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

McLaughlin
Feb 8, 2007, 03:19 PM
My HUmar had a Green Rati and a Yellow Rukmin. My RAcast had a Red Rati.

They looked awesome.

Feelmirath
Feb 8, 2007, 04:14 PM
Had 6 rare spawns now (that's 24 Darbelans), and I've managed to get a lovely 2 Copernia and 3 Olpad from them.

So yeah, kinda slowed down on the runs now- Whitill Wings are better anyway >_>

EC_Subbie
Feb 8, 2007, 04:27 PM
I think i'm going to call it quits after my next rare map. I just can't invest so much time into something like this..it's driving me insane.

McLaughlin
Feb 8, 2007, 04:54 PM
Got another A-X spawn.

Meseta
Meseta
Dimate

Annndddddd.....Meseta!

Least I'm no longer in a draught.

Evolution
Feb 8, 2007, 05:01 PM
My friend has been looking for this item for over a week now, he does at least 4 hrs every night on B, he has found 3 rare spawns I believe and no black heart.

RiskBreaker
Feb 8, 2007, 05:57 PM
Got A-X and C-X tonight, nothing. This is getting a bit silly now, 3 rare maps accross 21+ hours/4 nights, it's bad enough that the chance of finding a rare map is tiny, let alone the fact that on top of that the chance of a drop seems small as well. One or the other, but both is taking the cake.

All those passing this over and waiting for Whitill Wings, you really don't know the tedium you're facing http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

zSW1FT
Feb 9, 2007, 06:13 AM
12 Dars. 0 Blackhearts.

About 4 hours. I guess I'm pretty lucky with map manipulating.

EC_Subbie
Feb 9, 2007, 10:50 AM
I heard that Black Heart is in jp PSU for 140k from npc... -_-

MayLee
Feb 9, 2007, 10:58 AM
On 2007-02-09 07:50, EC_Subbie wrote:
I heard that Black Heart is in jp PSU for 140k from npc... -_-

Seriously? o.O

They are screwing with us. >_<

Orin654
Feb 9, 2007, 02:23 PM
Can someone confirm this, cause if so Im done looking

Rashiid
Feb 9, 2007, 02:36 PM
this is true, the JP guy that tells us stuff on here posted that in sum forum.....

i might try tonight, so i can sell it for big $$ before everyone else realizes how silly it is

Orin654
Feb 9, 2007, 02:55 PM
So.....pisssed.....off.....right....now.....cant.. ....speak.....without.......dots nbsighbvfrhgkbmyr

I mean, if its gonna come out later why make it such a rae drop sega :|

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Orin654 on 2007-02-09 11:55 ]</font>

UnknownFox
Feb 9, 2007, 02:55 PM
im up to 6 days of at least 4 hours each day of trying and i havent even got a rare map yet http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Rashiid
Feb 9, 2007, 02:59 PM
On 2007-02-09 11:55, Orin654 wrote:
So.....pisssed.....off.....right....now.....cant.. ....speak.....without.......dots nbsighbvfrhgkbmyr

I mean, if its gonna come out later why make it such a rae drop sega :|

well, its the same as A rank weapons, now that they drop and sell, prices go down

before update:

"ZOMG A HANZO DROPPED, I GOT IT OMFG YAYAYAY!!!!"

after:

"nnoo! its not even elmented!!! "
*goes and sells to NPC, since no one wants it*

Dragwind
Feb 10, 2007, 07:35 PM
Is this seriously confirmed that its sold in the NPC shop in JP version?!

McLaughlin
Feb 11, 2007, 10:45 AM
Another spawn, but no Black Heart. I have 8 HIVE decorations now though >_>

Tahldon
Feb 11, 2007, 11:51 AM
On 2007-02-11 07:45, Obsidian_Knight wrote:

Lol how long have you been at it now? A week? You may as well buy one man. Save yourself the misery.

MayLee
Feb 11, 2007, 11:53 AM
On 2007-02-11 08:51, Tahldon wrote:

Lol how long have you been at it now? A week? You may as well buy one man. Save yourself the misery.

Man, I didn't even get a freaking HIVE. -_-

I don't want one, they are so ugly. >.<

Tahldon
Feb 11, 2007, 11:55 AM
On 2007-02-11 08:53, MayLee wrote:

On 2007-02-11 08:51, Tahldon wrote:

Man, I didn't even get a freaking HIVE. -_-

I don't want one, they are so ugly. >.<

Lol I said the same thing to a buddy a few days ago!

MayLee
Feb 11, 2007, 11:56 AM
Great minds think alike? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

McLaughlin
Feb 11, 2007, 01:45 PM
I've been at it since the day after the mission came out. So that's...? A week and a bit I think.

Anyway, gotta call it quits for now because I have to do a lot of programming homework.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Obsidian_Knight on 2007-02-11 10:45 ]</font>

Lord_Draco
Feb 11, 2007, 03:13 PM
I have had the luck of coming across 5 rare spawns, but no black heart sadly.

FRITZTHEHACK
Feb 11, 2007, 05:47 PM
i got 1 today im so happy

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j256/FritzTheHack/BlackHeart.jpg

McLaughlin
Feb 11, 2007, 05:52 PM
Congratulations!

I don't think I'll be able to do anymore hunting today. I have a ton of Programming homework to do.