PDA

View Full Version : Are you doing your part...

pokefiend
Feb 1, 2007, 08:40 PM
In promoting the Phantasy Star Universe faith. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

I play mine on the 360 version, so lately my brothers and I have been inspiring the online gamers on my older brother's friend list to try out the downloadable beta.

And so far... I've gotten one friend to purchase the game and a gurdians license, plus I have two other friends planning to get the game soon. I've also had other gamers on his friendlist ask me questions about the network mode.

I'm also writing a top 10 games of 2006 that includes PSU, for my school newspaper, so hopefully that gets other gamers interested.

Now what are some of your approaches?

PS: the 360 version already has a nice 3 server full population, but I still want more people to get addicted and involved in this wonderful game. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Sychosis
Feb 1, 2007, 08:44 PM
No. Great games sell themselves...

::Rebellious 'I take crap from no one' pose::

omegapirate2k
Feb 1, 2007, 08:44 PM
Very few of my friends even HAVE a 360, and for those that do they are either paying money for university or are already playing an MMO, or just don't like PSU http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Tahldon
Feb 1, 2007, 08:45 PM
On 2007-02-01 17:44, Sychosis wrote:
No. Great games sell themselves...

::Rebellious 'I take crap from no one' pose::

*Gasp*

He's back!!

Sychosis
Feb 1, 2007, 08:49 PM
I never left, I was just busy making sweet love to Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines.

Such a great game...<333333333

VanHalen
Feb 1, 2007, 09:44 PM
i have been advertising this game alot for all systems. one of my best friends HATED PSO with a passion to the point he would make jokes on it. he saw PSU and he thought he might one day play it.

Randomness
Feb 1, 2007, 09:53 PM
On 2007-02-01 18:44, VanHalen wrote:
i have been advertising this game alot for all systems. one of my best friends HATED PSO with a passion to the point he would make jokes on it. he saw PSU and he thought he might one day play it.

Problem is, you need to keep them away from forums...

Looking at the official ones depressed to me the point of getting off, and I'm an eternal optimist about these kinds of things.

CrabRangoon
Feb 1, 2007, 09:54 PM
Most I know have 360. Most I know call my game "Final Fantasies," or "Fairy Star Universe." Everybody who lives in this house, or frequents it, hates this game. Though, I think they'd have a lot less fun and pull a lot fewer jokes if it wasn't around, being played all the damn time :3
Quote of the week:
"Hey, do you know if you can wear a disc out from too much play/use? Well I guess you're going to find out."

FWIW, all my old PSO friends that I went to school with and such wont ante up a monthly gaming fee. The FEW who have a 360 (all my new friends have one, but only for FPS) now pay for the LIVE account just so they can participate in free online gaming, the extra fee of a Hunters License is too overboard :rolleyes: the ones who do get their kicks paying a monthly fee stick to WOW :weep:

Crosisomega
Feb 1, 2007, 09:57 PM
On 2007-02-01 17:49, Sychosis wrote:
I never left, I was just busy making sweet love to Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines.

Such a great game...<333333333

ZOMG someone else that plays bloodlines O__o -snuggles-

Dhylec
Feb 1, 2007, 10:07 PM
I have a friend who didn't like PSO, tried PSU & liked it, even offline - alone. He's getting himself broadband so he can play online.

Mattardo
Feb 1, 2007, 10:10 PM
I have a friend who has always hated PSO in it's many shapes and sizes and still does. he got me to try WOW, which I tried for 1 hour and deleted from my computer. PSO is better. No, it's not a typo.

VanHalen
Feb 1, 2007, 10:26 PM
On 2007-02-01 18:53, Randomness wrote:

On 2007-02-01 18:44, VanHalen wrote:

Problem is, you need to keep them away from forums...

Looking at the official ones depressed to me the point of getting off, and I'm an eternal optimist about these kinds of things.

dont worry the people i know will not look at a fourm im probably the only one of my friends thats actually part of one.

Pengfishh
Feb 1, 2007, 10:50 PM
I work at a video game store and when people ask "what's good?" I'll usually reply, "well, I only really play one game, Phantasy Star Universe" which we still have on display. Most customers will scoff at the anime-inspired box art, others are wholly uninterested in "online action game." Meh.

Sekani
Feb 1, 2007, 11:07 PM
Most of my friends with 360s simply get annoyed when I don't always accept their Gears of War invites.

Parn
Feb 1, 2007, 11:09 PM
I'm kind of lame in that I passed on Gears of War and opted for PSU instead with my new 360. Then went out and placed an order for Rogue Galaxy and Ar Tonelico. Hee.

Going to be a busy guy! I have a lot of catching up to do on PSU, on that note!

MayLee
Feb 1, 2007, 11:13 PM
On 2007-02-01 20:09, Parn wrote:
I'm kind of lame in that I passed on Gears of War and opted for PSU instead with my new 360. Then went out and placed an order for Rogue Galaxy and Ar Tonelico. Hee.

Going to be a busy guy! I have a lot of catching up to do on PSU, on that note!

Same here. I'll be also working on my Game credits. I need to pass my brother up on that one.

Sekani
Feb 1, 2007, 11:27 PM
If by "Game credits" you mean your Gamerscore, good luck. Those are a testament to the people with either the most free time or the fattest wallets. Can't complain about my wallet, but free time is definitely a luxury.

Thundercats
Feb 2, 2007, 12:10 AM
On 2007-02-01 20:07, Sekani wrote:
Most of my friends with 360s simply get annoyed when I don't always accept their Gears of War invites.

That's how it was in the beginning with my one friend Gosu, however now whenever I see him on Xbox Live, he's always playing the beta version. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif In the next week or two, he'll be buying the real game.

-Crokar-
Feb 2, 2007, 12:13 AM
time is nothing to money. i have less than 3000 gamerscore and all the time in the world...oh wait what was this thread about

and most people i know play this already

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: -Crokar- on 2007-02-01 21:14 ]</font>