PDA

View Full Version : It's been fun

Laranas
Feb 1, 2007, 10:35 PM
Y'know, if I got banned for hacking I'd be sound with it all, considering the fact that I do have grinded A-ranks and accepted that 12* bow to add to the database (anyone who says I was going to use it for myself: refer to the fact that Wartechers can't use it). And I was willing to get a hacker to make Sonic Decors for loyal fans who couldn't get one.

But no, I wasn't banned for hacking. Usually they write "cheat related offenses" in your e-mail. But my account was suspended indefinitely for "inappropriate online conduct". Now I know few of you have played with me, but I'm not a mean person. My patience has been tried by many and I try to stay kind even when it comes to kicking people out of parties to make room for friends. Even when people accuse me of being a hacker I stay and chat with them.

But.. appearantly I'm inappropriate and my account has been pretty much terminated for that one fact. After looking forward to this game for years and buying, buying every Phantasy Star released in America (and some gaidens) including PSO, PSOv2, PSO Ep I & II, PSO Ep III, and PSO:BB... I think I'm done. My loyalty to Sonic Team was pretty much the only thing tying me to the game and after a barrage of crappy Sonic games and this smack to the face, I can't sit here and feed them more money.

So yea, I'm banned. I had it coming, but they slapped me for the wrong reason. Good job Sonic Team, every hacker I've known is still unbanned yet me and several legits are left without a game.

I'll probably stick around here for awhile, but
R.I.P. Laranas & Ibuki MkIII (and I promised I wouldn't kill off this one :'( )

McLaughlin
Feb 1, 2007, 10:40 PM
That's a buggah.

If it makes you feel better, I think they put every active account on a dart board and then they start throwing darts to see which ones should be banned. It's not like they have a ****ing clue anyway.

Maridia
Feb 1, 2007, 10:41 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

That's too bad, man.. And you have no idea what caused this? That sucks.. Really, I'm sorry. I wish I knew what to suggest, but I don't. :/

My condolences.

PJ
Feb 1, 2007, 10:48 PM
On 2007-02-01 19:40, Obsidian_Knight wrote:
If it makes you feel better, I think they put every active account on a dart board and then they start throwing darts to see which ones should be banned. It's not like they have a ****ing clue anyway.

It really pisses me off how some people think they're above ST and allowed to say they don't know what they're doing.

Laranas, I suggest an email to ask about it. I'm sure if you aren't hostile or anything, maybe they'll unban you. It's worth a shot.

Laranas
Feb 1, 2007, 10:54 PM
On 2007-02-01 19:48, PJ wrote:
Laranas, I suggest an email to ask about it. I'm sure if you aren't hostile or anything, maybe they'll unban you. It's worth a shot.
I'm waiting to see how that turns out for my friend who hasn't cheated at all. He asked about it in Tech Support (on the official boards) and they locked it and referred him to an email he never received. He called SEGA but never got through to a human after an hour, and the email he sent still has yet to get a response.

Until he gets some conclusion I won't bother putting the effort in myself. If they don't unban an innocent my chances are none to none.

McLaughlin
Feb 1, 2007, 10:56 PM
I don't think I'm above ST, but they DO NOT have a god damned clue.

DarkSeph
Feb 1, 2007, 11:03 PM
...retracting my statement due to the fact I don't wanna get banned from here.....but let me just say I feel your pain and It truely is a load of crap what they did..

...and just keep in mind all of you, they can do this to anyone at any time and you got nothing! absolutely nothing!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DarkSeph on 2007-02-01 20:12 ]</font>

isahn80
Feb 1, 2007, 11:12 PM
I got banned because I wanted to make an S-rank guide, and to do this I had to come into contact with people that had S-ranks, and use a few myself. I've heard of several legits getting banned so far, also.

I'm curious to know what platform you're on. I know a few people that have these weapons that are on PS2 and I'm wondering if they got banned permanantly, or just temporarily (since you can't really hax the PS2).

But yeah, I'm pissed. I had never planned anything malicious...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: isahn80 on 2007-02-01 20:17 ]</font>

Ether
Feb 1, 2007, 11:24 PM
On 2007-02-01 19:35, Laranas wrote:
I do have grinded A-ranks and accepted that 12* bow

"inappropriate online conduct" = cheating

You knew the risks and got burned, no sympathy here http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

ZodiacNKnight
Feb 1, 2007, 11:28 PM
I have no sympathy for you.
If you hack or are associated with hacking and obtain illicit items, then your account deserves to get terminated. There is no room for discussion against it...

Even if your intentions were solely for PSO-World they were through the wrong way.
What you did violates the TOS that you agreed to through installation and/or Purchasing the Guardian License.

You can whine about the people who haven't been banned for hacking but that doesn't elude the fact that you were caught.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ZodiacNKnight on 2007-02-01 20:32 ]</font>

DarkSeph
Feb 1, 2007, 11:29 PM
On 2007-02-01 20:24, Ether wrote:

On 2007-02-01 19:35, Laranas wrote:
I do have grinded A-ranks and accepted that 12* bow

"inappropriate online conduct" = cheating

You knew the risks and got burned, no sympathy here http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

...I'm assuming this is the PC so...what is the point of banning someone for accepting 12* bows or having Grinded A Ranks...isn't everyone running around with Duped Meseta?....I mean give me a break, they might as well just let people deal with the mess they've created on the PC instead of banning them...or they will have to ban them ALL to be truely fair!

Shinzakura
Feb 1, 2007, 11:30 PM
Sorry to hear that happened. Have you considered writing a letter (that is, snail mail) to their actual headquarters? Follow it up with a copy to the local BBB and you might want to consider registering the letters as well (doesn't cost much, but proves that someone there had to sign for it). By taking that extra step, it will show them that you are serious about it. Email, because of its commonality, is ignored - but business letters get attention.

McLaughlin
Feb 1, 2007, 11:32 PM
Not all of them hack things. They put stuff up for sale, and can't help what kind of money it's bought with.

Play with fire, and you get burned.

Carbinne
Feb 1, 2007, 11:36 PM
You can't really track duped meseta. Or at least, it'd be a lot harder than, say, seeing "Ooh this guy has an S rank shotgun, let's bust his ass!"

It's nice to see them put their foot down on the matter but at the same time it's also a shame that the curious people who really wanted to check out the stuff got the boot. Can't really do much about it since everything's property of Sega and they can pretty much do what they wish with your account. Best case scenario is that they'd put you on probation or something, but I'm not certain Sega has the manpower or ability to pull that off.

Laranas
Feb 1, 2007, 11:36 PM
You two are great at reading, so I'll bullet my post for you:
- I'm not against the banning. If anything I'm "whining" against a false charge. I've seen the emails some people have gotten, "inappropriate online conduct" =/= cheating; "cheat related offenses" = cheating. Some of those emails include both.

- I wasn't asking for sympathy, I was just saying my goodbyes if that's what you want to call it. Some people realized that I am (or was) a huge Sonic Team that supported them since I could read the words Sonic the Hedgehog and feel some of the pain.

- My intentions weren't solely for PSOW and not for a second I'll act like they were. The grinders were there, I wanted ATP, I bought them. At the time I didn't know they were hacked but when I did I didn't care. I was having fun, no one I knew cared, just the occassional stranger. The bow was mild interest in the stats and I figured I'll add it to the database while I had it, and the Sonic Decor: that would be a widespread thing.

- I will whine about the innocents though. Gloat all you want at "the hacker-that-really-isnt that got caught," but if you can sit there and smile while hand-working players get their time thrown out the window, I worry about you. I'm sure you wouldn't be as smug if you came home from work/school tomorrow to an #53.

[EDIT] to the two who pretty much said "you got caught, tough cookies"

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Laranas on 2007-02-01 20:37 ]</font>

Siertes
Feb 2, 2007, 12:37 AM
That's really too bad.

I'd really like more info on your supposed "non cheating" friend. It would suck if ST was banning legit players. Perhaps there was a time when he temporarily came into possession of a hacked item and someone took a pic of it. Of course there is no proof either way so why am I even asking...

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Feb 2, 2007, 02:19 AM
Are we really back into the whole "I used cheat weapons that I didn't make but I'm legit" stance all over again?

I thought we'd have put that phase behind everyone once and for-all finally. You can't really expect great service out of ST even in terms of bannings and taking care of their online arena from cheating, as is their long tenured track record on their online PS games.

And if its unjust for you to have wasted your time and money on the game and see hackers who do worse still running about, make note that they could be the next to go, and if they don't, that's just how life goes sometimes right?

At least people aren't resetting your console through their end of the internet anymore (and not getting any reprimand for doing so by ST).

Sinue_v2
Feb 2, 2007, 04:30 AM
How is this anything new or unexpected?

Sega abusing legit players? Unheard of... except for the Double Save patch.

Sega banning innocent players? Perpostrous - except for that time they banned every single account which logged into PSO durring a certain period. And yes.. it was a monumental bitch to get unbanned. Oh.. and not to mention the fact that the first few waves of Cmode S-Rank awards got their recievers banned since ST coincidentally forgot to unrestrict the item after releasing it.

But whatever...

You're whole complaint is that they sent out the wrong auto-reponse/auto-email? What difference does the wording really make?

Almalexia
Feb 2, 2007, 04:51 AM
On 2007-02-01 20:29, DarkSeph wrote:
...isn't everyone running around with Duped Meseta?....

No, not all of us.

Scejntjynahl
Feb 2, 2007, 12:04 PM
So you just want a detailed account of why they chose to ban you and not be so vague about it? Right?

l0c0dantes
Feb 6, 2007, 10:25 AM
Heh, you guys are missing the point.

EDIT: Actually, i missed the point of the OP, but I still stand by my statements.

He is saying his COMPLETELY LEGIT FRIEND go banned also, for rude misconduct.
Congratulations, all those support forms you guys hand in in self rightous rage? people are getting banned for them this time around.

It probally doesnt happen for just one, but you have to imagine, get a few friends together, and drop the ban hammer at your will.

Let the ban wars begin

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: l0c0dantes on 2007-02-06 12:37 ]</font>

Scejntjynahl
Feb 6, 2007, 11:33 AM
There wouldn't be any ban wars if there weren't any hackers to begin with. So meh.

Sinue_v2
Feb 6, 2007, 02:06 PM
He is saying his COMPLETELY LEGIT FRIEND go banned also, for rude misconduct.

So what? His friend's banning has no bearing on his own account termination. Rude conduct... you don't seem to understand that Sega reserves the right to ban you from their servers just because they don't like you. I mean, it rarely happens as that's extremely unprofessional, but all online games hosted on company servers reserve that right. Those servers aren't public property - they're privately owned, and you have no rights on those servers other than what Sega decides to give you. Just like PSOworld has the right to ban you posting acount at any time for ANY reason.

As far as his completely legit friend goes - just saying that he was completely legit means nothing to any of us. A lot of cheaters have been banned for apperantly "doing nothing at all" according to their stories.. and god knows enough legits here have seen proof that their friends aren't quite as legit as they thought they were over the years of PSO/PSU. Ever tried to make a game in Vega 1 named "Legits Only" - and then have the jackass with a tricked out armory of BKB's, TJ's, and DF's swear up and down that they're completely legit.

ANNNNNNDDD.... it's not like Sega hasn't banned masses of legit players before. In all honesty, Sega has been more courteous to the cheaters over the years. I remember a friend of mine who did the super-stats cheat on the DC v2. He screwed up his stats somehow and instead of destorying his character or banning him, the game FIXED HIS STATS. Not back to where they were - but back to an acceptable MAX. Challenge mode was a responce to cheaters. Battle Mode was a response to the PK war rooms.

Meanwhile, Sega had somehow issued a permenant ban to everyone who logged into their servers for a period of time - causing a LOT of people to have to navigate their automated telephone maze to find a real operator who coudl unban them (given 3 weeks time). They banned players who legitimately earned their S-Ranks since they conviently "forgot" to take those weapons off the ban list. And lets not forget about the doublesave patch which indescriminately corrupted and destoryed characters of both cheaters and legits alike.

I think the only time I've ever seen Sega act with decisive action in response to a cheating method was when they patched the password bypass in v.2. That took less than a week to impliment and was never broken again to the best of my knowladge. (At least, it was never released if it were bypassed)

l0c0dantes
Feb 6, 2007, 03:37 PM
Oh, I read that sinue, I was just pointing it out to all the people who say "haha hacker got banned" He knew about it, he isnt comaplining about it.

To be fair, I missed the point, I need to go back up there and re edit it.

Legits have been banned before, I am not questioning that. Its the fact that people are getting banned for rude misconduct this time around. Now, knowing how strong GM presence is in this game, how would people get banned for that, if people didn't report them?

What might have happend is that he and a friend got in a fight in some crowded area, Pissed a bunch of people off, and got mass reported. Now they are both banned.

It might have been accidental, it might not have been. But, If they are sending out emails with a reason, there IS a reason. Was anyone emailed when they got banned before for rude misconduct?

DikkyRay
Feb 6, 2007, 09:37 PM
normally I would stand by Ether, that hackers get what you deserve.
But seeing as you didnt go around hacking for everyone, and distributing hacked items etc, its sad to see sega ban someone like that.
And obsidian, you are retarded. Sega does know what they are doing. They made the freakin game, they can do what they want with it