PDA

View Full Version : Empty/Quiet/Less Games.

seldoonGra
Feb 2, 2007, 08:01 AM
Hey everyone,

Got another license for 60 days last week and ive only really been on the last couple of nights and the servers seem really empty, Even the usually mass populated parum with 5-10 games just stating 'Dragon Runs' seem to have died down.

I know segas doing well with content updates so far maybe not so well with fixes but thats never been anything different in the world of pso.

If the population drops so low that the game's not really an MMO nor playable online due to less and less players to game with do you think there will be a chance of the JP game and the US/EU being linked?

rena-ko
Feb 2, 2007, 08:10 AM
unlikely. they'll rather stop to bother with this server-set in a while. like what happened to the pso xbox servers.

Reginaldo
Feb 2, 2007, 09:16 AM
Everybody is in the hive nowadays. Or doing Bruce.

ljkkjlcm9
Feb 2, 2007, 09:18 AM
no, the servers on PS2/PC are seriously getting empty. I only have 3 pages of partner cards left, after deleting ones I know quit, and even then, 2 pages typically have no one on

THE JACKEL

Dhylec
Feb 2, 2007, 09:24 AM
From what is seen so far, there is always a surge of players after the updates, then withered away until the next.

Maybe because I've been playing solo most of the time, the lack of people never really bothered me. I know I'd never be able to play with everyone on that multi-star uni, so I'm content with a few of friends I played with every once in a while.

-Ryuki-
Feb 2, 2007, 09:26 AM
Everyone that's in my Priotiy 1 and 2 sections, are normally always on. Anyone in 3, it's so so. 4 and 5, not so much.

Almalexia
Feb 2, 2007, 09:44 AM
On 2007-02-02 05:01, seldoonGra wrote:
Hey everyone,

Got another license for 60 days last week and ive only really been on the last couple of nights and the servers seem really empty, Even the usually mass populated parum with 5-10 games just stating 'Dragon Runs' seem to have died down.

I know segas doing well with content updates so far maybe not so well with fixes but thats never been anything different in the world of pso.

If the population drops so low that the game's not really an MMO nor playable online due to less and less players to game with do you think there will be a chance of the JP game and the US/EU being linked?

It's become that "you need to be in a circle" server. Get 360.

Miyoko
Feb 2, 2007, 10:19 AM
Don't forget that WoW:TBC just came out. I'm sure that has a lot to do with smaller populations.

Synch
Feb 2, 2007, 10:27 AM
Your probably quite right but who wants to waste time playing that? True Phantasy Star fans are still playing PSU. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Xtian913
Feb 2, 2007, 10:30 AM
On 2007-02-02 07:19, Miyoko wrote:
Don't forget that WoW:TBC just came out. I'm sure that has a lot to do with smaller populations.

Yeah, I remember joining a party before Burning Crusade was released and listening to a few people say that once it was out they would hardly be on PSU for a while.

Shaidar
Feb 2, 2007, 12:10 PM
Burning Crusade is, without doubt, partly to blame for this. Eventually, once they've gotten a grasp of all the new stuff introduced with the expansion they'll come back. Maybe. Thankfully, PSU is a game you can pick up some months later and still have loads of fun with. Heck, even if you only play once a week it would be fun (as long as you enjoy the gameplay and stuff that is).

Personally, I never have trouble finding people to play with, however it is true that my partner list is somewhat empty compared to what it used to be. Not to mention some really great friends of mine disappeared. ;_;

It's highly unlikely the community will ever be as large as it used to be (unless Sega release an awesome expansion fairly soon), but it's still far from dead. Hopefully we wont see further decline in the playerbase. :/

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shaidar on 2007-02-02 09:10 ]</font>

soolayah
Feb 2, 2007, 12:14 PM
seriously, it is pretty dead. there has been 3-4 stars in the evenings on uni 2 for the last few days. o.O'

Almalexia
Feb 2, 2007, 12:21 PM
On 2007-02-02 09:10, Shaidar wrote:

It's highly unlikely the community will ever be as large as it used to be (unless Sega release an awesome expansion fairly soon), but it's still far from dead. Hopefully we wont see further decline in the playerbase. :/

That probably wont bring back some players but it will draw in some new players.

New expansion + game with 75-80% content out = win.

Shaidar
Feb 2, 2007, 12:24 PM
On 2007-02-02 09:14, soolayah wrote:
seriously, it is pretty dead. there has been 3-4 stars in the evenings on uni 2 for the last few days. o.O'

Oh, I live in denial so that doesn't affect me.

No but really, I know what you mean there (even though I wouldn't call it dead). Heck, it seems like a third of the community disappeared when Uni1 started to behave strange. Uni1 was always more populated compared to the current Uni2. Thankfully Uni2 doesn't have as many morons as Uni1 used to do. For some unknown reason.

Ah well, weekend now. Hopefully things will get more lively.

Witchblade56
Feb 2, 2007, 12:40 PM
Awsome sig Xtian,

Very nice pencil work there =)

Akaimizu
Feb 2, 2007, 12:42 PM
On 2007-02-02 09:10, Shaidar wrote:
Burning Crusade is, without doubt, partly to blame for this.

<silly rant begins>

Ok. Burning Crusade. I shake my fist at thee. You with your Elves, and Orcs, and Cows (Oh yeah, you call them Tauren. But who has a Cow fighting? What is this? Kung Pow?!) and high fantasy banter. Where's your robots?! Hmmm???? Yeah, I thought so! You don't have any Robots. You're stuck with live creatures with their pitiful skin or scale armaments, and their appetites, and their need to rest. Oh! You got a Burning Legion?! So what! In fact we can do better. We can make any group of monsters a "Burning Legion" in seconds. Just equip some fire bullets and utilize air photons for some Foie-based techs and wallah. Instant Burning Legion!

We laugh at your pitiful attempts to take down monsters that would go down with just one shot of a Grenade Launcher, and I'm not talking about that weak stuff your Dwarves crafted. Those guns are so 28 centuries ago!

While you sit there dedicating your life to learn a decent magical spell, we'll just hand one of our guys a nice wand and send them to a facility to instantly learn the mental channel needed to invoke a technique out of it.

Yeah yeah, you can fly on mounts. But let's see how well you Griffin or magical beast flies.....IN SPACE!! That's right. You can't leave your planet, can ya? Pbbbbbt!

<end silly rant. Not to be taken seriously.>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-02-02 09:44 ]</font>

Shaidar
Feb 2, 2007, 01:26 PM
Rant of the day IMO. Cracked up xD

Xtian913
Feb 2, 2007, 01:53 PM
On 2007-02-02 09:40, Witchblade56 wrote:
Awsome sig Xtian,

Very nice pencil work there =)

Well, I can't claim credit for the awesome art. Jey, a fellow PSO-World member, made it for me. He has a thread going in FAN WORKS where he was taking requests. I'm really happy with it!

DA_SHIZZLE_IG
Feb 2, 2007, 05:48 PM
It's cause random people are being banned and the game is taking too long to release stuff.The main thing is the slow ass releasing of content.I think we all are getting a little tired of these reguler weapons with no cool affects.

Xtasisanu
Feb 2, 2007, 05:54 PM
I chose PSU over WoW becasue it was familar and the fact that Phantasy Star has never really dissapointed me.

I like the fact ego doesn't run most of the players.

HA your dead I beat you hahahahaha... seroiusly thats a breeding pit for assholes...I like the fact you have to ban together to help people out, but some people are just so fixated on PvP. ;/

soolayah
Feb 2, 2007, 06:04 PM
On 2007-02-02 09:24, Shaidar wrote:

No but really, I know what you mean there (even though I wouldn't call it dead). Heck, it seems like a third of the community disappeared when Uni1 started to behave strange. Uni1 was always more populated compared to the current Uni2. Thankfully Uni2 doesn't have as many morons as Uni1 used to do. For some unknown reason.

the weekend actually brought an almost full uni 2. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

DA_SHIZZLE_IG
Feb 2, 2007, 06:47 PM
lol i remember back when uni 1, 2 were full and uni 3 was half way full.This was before UK players were added.

Shinzakura
Feb 2, 2007, 09:57 PM
I figure if this keeps up, you can expect half of the servers to be taken offline, and we'll just have Uni 1 - 10 (or less), which probably would have been wiser for Sega to begin with. I'm not sure they'd shut down the US/EU pipeline completely, at least not until they were sure that the game was a total failure (and even then, look how long they let the DC and GC versions go).

Almalexia
Feb 2, 2007, 10:17 PM
On 2007-02-02 15:04, soolayah wrote:

On 2007-02-02 09:24, Shaidar wrote:

It's been full since 4:30PM http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif.

Meh its 10:17 now, so it's probably back to looking like we're dead as a doorknob.

(hmm I think I said that before elsewhere. Must be the fairies)
the weekend actually brought an almost full uni 2. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Merumeru
Feb 2, 2007, 10:41 PM
XD weekend will always bring lotsa players, cant expect too many during the weekdays, im sure...

KaiNova7
Feb 3, 2007, 05:04 AM
The population peak i've seen the past few days has been 4stars on uni2.
And yes it seems like a ghost town at times.But still able to find good teams.
And im sure things will either pick back up, or stay steay..
I knew eventually the population will drop,and the true phantasy star fans would appear after the smoke.-_-

Jae
Feb 3, 2007, 05:17 AM
Burning Crusade? Love it to death. Haven't put it down since picking it up last weekend.

WoW isn't fully to blame though. Blame the hackers for making any form of item/currency achievement pointless. Blame Sega for giving us no real progression goal to shoot for. Time released unlocking of content that's already on our CDs FTL.

I guess I'll log on now and see if any of my grinding buddies are on...

seldoonGra
Feb 6, 2007, 07:56 AM
Ive never played the WoW game, I kinda liked the idea of it when it first came out but i was busy still enjoying Phantasy Star games pretty much anything in the series so i never picked it up.

After a few months half the globe seemed to have it and that really put me off getting the game in someway i felt like i'd be jumping on the WoW bandwaggon.

Of course the Loyal fans of Ps will be sticking around it's one of the things ive always loved about the game .... the players.

The one thing that really dissapoints is the effort put into the game is great and to date one of the best Phantasy star games ive played it's just a shame more people don't see it.

I still wonder what the outcome would of been if sega just released everything when the game arrived then worked on expansions for the game you could purchase down the line rather than the 2-3mb downloads now and then or a little extra added at the end of the month.

Vhex
Feb 6, 2007, 08:25 AM
STOP TELLING PEOPLE TO FREAKING GO ON 360. Its this sorta bullshit thats killing our community.

And yeah, theres alot people who aren't playin cus' they are capped.

seldoonGra
Feb 6, 2007, 08:34 AM
I havn't told anyone to go onto the 360 game in any of my posts

Shaidar
Feb 6, 2007, 08:35 AM
On 2007-02-06 05:25, Vhex wrote:
And yeah, theres alot people who aren't playin cus' they are capped.

Hay that is true! A bunch of people dont want to start alts and don't find that much pleasure in just goofing around. Soo..they just wait til they can start grinding again. Shame if you ask me.

Almalexia
Feb 6, 2007, 08:49 AM
I definitly understand that. I was at the 60 cap for 2 weeks, I took that last week off from the game cause there was nothing to do except lvl PAs.

SuperRygar
Feb 6, 2007, 09:55 AM
im not one to follow the average person. ill quit when i feel like it, and ill play because i like the game. i could care less how many other people are playing. i have some people i party with, but nobody really i can really trust and truely have fun with. everybody just runs through levels non-stop. doesnt wait for the rest of the group to move on. pfft, i could play this game solo forever and enjoy it more than anyone. the people who stopped playing are the ones playing since the start. they OD'd and now complain that there's nothing to do. i have been playing since December and i've seen about 30% of what the game has to offer. if you play in moderation maybe you wont get tired of the game so quickly. some people just have no dicipline, or lives. hard to say..(no offense to anyone ;)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SuperRygar on 2007-02-06 06:56 ]</font>

Vhex
Feb 6, 2007, 02:38 PM
On 2007-02-02 06:44, Almalexia wrote:

On 2007-02-02 05:01, seldoonGra wrote:
Hey everyone,

It's become that "you need to be in a circle" server. Get 360.

I didn't mean you, I meant this...

jizaboz
Feb 6, 2007, 02:46 PM
Get 360.

NEVER!!!!!

Sinue_v2
Feb 6, 2007, 02:49 PM
I'd say that's a good solution. I'll probably end up moving to the 360 shortly as well.

As for people comming back once they get bored of TBC, or whatever else they're playing - it's not going to happen. By the time they get bored of WoW again there will be other online RPG's and other online games to capture their interest. They might log in... see Universe 2 at like 3 stars, and promptly log off again for the last time due to the game being "dead".

Garnet_Moon
Feb 6, 2007, 02:52 PM
I'm gonna quit PSU before i'll go back to another MS console. Starting over is gonna hurt when i've done it enough on the PC version. Plus, if I'm buying a new console it's another fat PS2 so I can play my import ps2 games.

Maybe a delicious region free PS3 when some more interesting JP-exclusive ps3 games come out... like that new Gundam game.... mmmm... dynasty warriors + gundams = oh my god heaven.

Shaidar
Feb 6, 2007, 03:08 PM
I'm gonna stick to the PC version until the servers finally go down or I'm forced to quit due to lack of time/boredom. If I quit it won't be because of cheating or a small community, it'll be because I'm tired of playing. And by the looks of it that won't happen anytime soon.

Para
Feb 6, 2007, 03:18 PM
A large majority of the PSU PC PS2 population lives on updates.

A mid sized majority of the PSU PC PS2 population lives on community.

I stress that people really need to just get into groups with friends and establish a network of friends to play with and go around with each other to have fun. I've sorta got myself into that type of group and it helps me enjoy PSU. Start with a base group and try to expand it by including others to the group.

Obviously if you keep joining random groups everytime... its not going to work out because of the lack of players and the fact that everyone is pretty much spread out in 1 universe.

Shaidar
Feb 6, 2007, 03:25 PM
I join random groups from time to time, but only when I've got no one else to play with. When doing so I usually end up with some new friends (especially if these groups are on uni15). I do my best to have my friends introduced to each other as well. Spares me the headache of having several different people wanting me at different places. XD Would of get quite confusing otherwise. Nothing beats a full party of completly insane people, I tell ya.

CelestialBlade
Feb 6, 2007, 04:11 PM
Look how much PSU is advertised vs. WoW and tell me why our playerbase is shrinking. Ask random people if they know what WoW is, then ask them if they know what PSU is (and tell them you're not talking about Power Supply Units or Penn State University). There's your answer.

Garnet_Moon
Feb 6, 2007, 04:13 PM
On 2007-02-06 13:11, Typheros wrote:
Look how much PSU is advertised vs. WoW and tell me why our playerbase is shrinking. Ask random people if they know what WoW is, then ask them if they know what PSU is (and tell them you're not talking about Power Supply Units or Penn State University). There's your answer.

Quoted for emphasis.

I've been slapped with the Penn State University one a few times before...

Lyrise
Feb 6, 2007, 04:20 PM
To the comments that say that the JP and US/EU servers be linked, it'll never happen. Too many factors into this mess.
Stuff like:

1. JP server is split into 2 worlds. They'd have to split your server as well, or merge ours again (not likely to happen).

2. Differing economies - 'nuff said.

And lastly,

3. IT'd stress out the staff, since all of the GMs on both sides (this isn't right is it?) of the world (what GMs again on the US servers?), plus the fact that there would have to be a need for a universal enforcement factor for each player (JP players have to fear getting their keys banned....US players have nothing).

Tatha-kitten
Feb 6, 2007, 04:28 PM
I've noticed that over the past week, it's been pretty stable, considering how many people can be IN a universe at one time, i don't think we should be worrying.

just because there are no stars, doesn't mean people aren't there, just spread out, and not crunching up enough numbers on a single server to fill it.

Having said that, the past three nights, universe 2 has been full. Universe 15 has been well populated, but no stars showed, i ran into 30-40 people.