PDA

View Full Version : My impressions on the Renkai balance.

Eliash
Feb 2, 2007, 11:47 AM
Before the nerf I would do roughly 300 damage with the apporpate element (26%). After the nerf I'm doing roughly 50 less damage per hit, which is a lot but I think I can live with it. I was wondering how other people were fairing with the new update.

If you have something negative to say, please try to say it in a civil manner, no flaming or 'such and such class deserved it' posts either please. I'm trying to get a feel of what other people think of the nerf so far.

Note: This is not only for the Renkai PA but all those that suffered a large drop.

Thrash777
Feb 2, 2007, 11:50 AM
Hmm... I am annoyed at the nerf, but it can't be helped...

Almalexia
Feb 2, 2007, 11:51 AM
It should be a 35% difference, either way I do 100 less damage. I'm still ok with it. Daggas is not that bad either. I do 50 less with that.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Almalexia on 2007-02-02 08:51 ]</font>

Pure-chan
Feb 2, 2007, 12:11 PM
wait...

*checks*

shift+enter: OMG the world didn't implode!

*double checks*

...yep http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif coast is clear guys~! All HU can come out of their bunkers now, no need to keep eating those stale Y2K rations.

panzer_unit
Feb 2, 2007, 12:21 PM
I'd be irritated but it wouldn't stop me from playing and even trying to find a decent alternative. Fortunately for me, I stopped using those things when I got axes and Anga Redda for my main damage output skill... if Tornado Break got its cost cut as well, I'm flying. So no complaints here. Justification for all the people who stuck it out with less favored weapon types.

One of my favorite IRL friends is quitting over DD getting nerfed however. I think it's lame he's bailing out, but that doesn't make it suck less.

Almalexia
Feb 2, 2007, 12:22 PM
TB is 12PP. I forgot what it was originally.

AC9breaker
Feb 2, 2007, 12:23 PM
oh my god, Traps freaking own!

Eliash
Feb 2, 2007, 12:26 PM
Personally, I liked Twin Daggers a lot. The design of the weapon fit my playstyle. I didn't really realize that people thought it was overpowered until I heard of the nerf on the Japanese servers, until then I only knew it was popular and well-off.

After the nerf, I can see some people leaving it and heading for other weapon types. That's fine with me because I like being unique! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Pure-chan
Feb 2, 2007, 12:31 PM
On 2007-02-02 09:22, Almalexia wrote:

Are you using a fortefighter? Tornado Break was 16pp (12 for FF), if I recall.

Reiichi
Feb 2, 2007, 12:44 PM
Is the PP cost for renkai still 12 (9 for FF) ?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Reiichi on 2007-02-02 09:45 ]</font>

Eliash
Feb 2, 2007, 12:45 PM
Actually it's 16 now.

Reiichi
Feb 2, 2007, 12:49 PM
ASDF:JASDFKJA:DLKJAD:FKJA:DFKJAD:FAHSDAKJSHFLKJSHG LASJFHLASKASF

Now I am officially sad. The charming point of renkai besides the hax damage was the low PP cost so it'd only be 14 with HPC. Now I guess it costs 12 for FF and will run up 18 with HPC :<

Well I'll still use it, just not as much. It's still the best weapon out there for dealing with kogg nads imho.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Reiichi on 2007-02-02 09:52 ]</font>

Almalexia
Feb 2, 2007, 12:54 PM
On 2007-02-02 09:31, Pure-chan wrote:

On 2007-02-02 09:22, Almalexia wrote:

Are you using a fortefighter? Tornado Break was 16pp (12 for FF), if I recall.

Yes.

Thanks for the correction, I was well on my way of spreading that piece of missinformation too><. I keep forgetting about our PP bonus.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Almalexia on 2007-02-02 09:58 ]</font>

panzer_unit
Feb 2, 2007, 01:01 PM
No break on cost for tornado break makes jagd a sad panzer T-T

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: panzer_unit on 2007-02-02 10:01 ]</font>

Scejntjynahl
Feb 2, 2007, 01:02 PM
Im Protranser, so Im used to dealing low amount of damage upon my foes. Just means I have to hit them more times.

AweOfShe
Feb 2, 2007, 01:03 PM
I don't mind the nerf. Now maybe some people will use Dus Daggas and Renkai as a situational use, rather than a damn crutch to lean on. :P

Kula
Feb 2, 2007, 01:16 PM
So not only did they weaken the move they even increase the pp cost =/, wonder if ppl would still use it.

panzer_unit
Feb 2, 2007, 01:17 PM
On 2007-02-02 10:02, Scejntjynahl wrote:
Im Protranser, so Im used to dealing low amount of damage upon my foes.

I'm guessing you don't have Anga Redda at lv11 yet :]

BeatZero
Feb 2, 2007, 01:37 PM
Ah, oh well, I don't use renkai anyways.

Eliash
Feb 2, 2007, 01:59 PM
I think they made another change, it seems that when you get hit the chance of getting interupted is very high now. I tested this out with Renkai, Moubu and Gravity Dance. Every time I got hit for about 150 damage it seems that I would be interupted, when I switched to Moubu 150+ damage didn't make me stagger at all, and the same goes for Gravity Dance.

This still needs to be tested further to make sure that I'm not imagining this, but if anyone could confirm that this is right please do. If it is I don't think I'll be using this PA for soloing much longer, since now I can hardly get 1 combo off before I get interupted and lose the 16 PP. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

PJ
Feb 2, 2007, 02:07 PM
I like this balance.

Since I'm pretty new to online, these changes in damages don't affect me much (Like Dus Daggas and renkai) so now I can get used to these damages instead. It's a pretty awesome balance too.

For those that don't like it: Either suck it up or quit. You won't be missed.

BahnKnakyu
Feb 2, 2007, 02:10 PM
On 2007-02-02 10:03, AweOfShe wrote:
I don't mind the nerf. Now maybe some people will use Dus Daggas and Renkai as a situational use, rather than a damn crutch to lean on. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

This is exactly what I was thinking. If a player RELIED on these two moves for damage knowing full well that they were overpowered, then of course he or she would probably get hit the most by it. Now that the PA balance has taken into effect, they will either manage (by relying on it less and still using it) or using the many other options you have for PAs available. Of course they won't be as good as what these two originally were, but guess what, hardly any of the PAs now do insane amounts of damage like these two did - now you have options. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

I leveled up Dus Robado just for this PA update, and I'm glad that it got the upgrade that it deserved. The Renkai-Buyouzan of Spears now can step up to the plate and compete with the other AoE PAs.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Feb 2, 2007, 02:13 PM
I really don't mind too much, since it's out of my control, but I'm a bit dismayed that my WT's only 2 decent damage weapons got hit.

Meh, I'll live.

Sekani
Feb 2, 2007, 11:39 PM
I'm still using twin daggers, I'm still spamming Renkei. No, I don't care about these "other options" you speak of.

Golto
Feb 2, 2007, 11:46 PM
Now we can just wait for ranger's se dot bullets to get nerfed. You know it will eventually happen. Anything too good has to be ruined.

Krans
Feb 3, 2007, 12:22 AM
wow im lost, so they lowered the damage on dagger PAs on all systems? didn't even really notice, but only played a short amount since update

Shiro_Ryuu
Feb 3, 2007, 08:17 AM
well, I don't think its too bad, I stopped spamming renkai after I maxed it out on my human. Well, it mostly works when I'm in a total rush and/or want to get a certain mission done so that I can get to a better place. but I'm glad to see that Assault Crush has gotten stronger, although I'm a little dissappointed that when we get Tornado Dance, a PA thats even more broken than Renkai and Dus Daggas combined, it'll be stronger than it was originally supposed to be.

Reginaldo
Feb 3, 2007, 08:33 AM
Never used daggers, never will. Not my style.

On a good note Gravity Dance got bumped up a bit as did Tornado Dance(when it comes out).

Garnet_Moon
Feb 3, 2007, 12:13 PM
On 2007-02-02 20:46, Golto wrote:
Now we can just wait for ranger's se dot bullets to get nerfed. You know it will eventually happen. Anything too good has to be ruined.

If Bullet status effects get nerfed, Ranger is useless.
If Techs get nerfed, the enemies who use said spells become alot easier. ex.: Jarba and Gaozoran.

This is why neither will be nerfed,

No mobs in the game(Except 1 to my knowledge in EP2. Maybe some of the Endrum goons and Rogues, but those are so weak who cares if they get weaker?) uses the Hunter PA's, so those are free to be toyed with.

The best they can manage is to raise enemy stamina to hurt Rangers, and raise enemy MST to hurt Forces. The actual spells and status effects? Nah.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Garnet_Moon on 2007-02-03 09:14 ]</font>

PMB960
Feb 3, 2007, 12:21 PM
I honestly don't care. I am going to start playing with my beast alt. again soon but I level all PAs, techs and bullets evenly anyways so it doesn't matter.

Mattardo
Feb 3, 2007, 01:18 PM
It's lovely how everyone usually wants Sega to add things in this game: add elemental photons to shop, add more Pm evolutions, add more levels, add more class levels, etc. Then when Sega spends it's time taking AWAY things that some people have relied on, nobody seems to give a damn? Ok, maybe a few posting give a damn. Hunters are usually the last people to arrive on the scene of a battle, as all the other players have done longe range hits in abundance. They need their damage. Sega.