PDA

View Full Version : It's happened...but what about traps?

Parn
Feb 2, 2007, 10:15 PM
AC9Breaker mentioned something about traps rocking the hizouse, or something to that effect.

zanotam
Feb 2, 2007, 10:15 PM
The PA update happened, but has ANYONE figured out the change to traps? I've been wanting to knwo since the JP got the update but no one will let me in on what happened to traps. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

zanotam
Feb 3, 2007, 12:31 PM
um okay, but thats about as specific as when they said they upgraded traps. any even aproximate numbers would rock my hizouse!

Xaeris
Feb 3, 2007, 12:36 PM
The initial burst now kicks everything's behind. A non G trap will hit for 500 when it goes off along with whatever status effect on my Protranser.

Siertes
Feb 3, 2007, 01:10 PM
Traps definitely kick more ass now. I'm a Fortegunner and non-G traps cause an initial ~400 damage on a lvl 70 Bil de Vear and about 200 with G traps.

zanotam
Feb 3, 2007, 09:58 PM
so traps base hit does good dmg as well as the SE's now? Also were there any improvements to SE's for traps?

Weakness
Feb 3, 2007, 10:35 PM
On 2007-02-03 18:58, zanotam wrote:
so traps base hit does good dmg as well as the SE's now? Also were there any improvements to SE's for traps?

How would you improve on the SE's? They are already an assured thing...

Arigan
Feb 3, 2007, 10:45 PM
On 2007-02-03 19:35, Weakness wrote:

On 2007-02-03 18:58, zanotam wrote:

How would you improve on the SE's? They are already an assured thing...

well, for example, making them last longer

Weakness
Feb 3, 2007, 10:48 PM
On 2007-02-03 19:45, Arigan wrote:

well, for example, making them last longer

Because 3 or 4 ticks of 1,500 damage isn't enough right?

zanotam
Feb 4, 2007, 01:10 AM
i meant like sometimes they don't proc and stuff, but apparently the dmg increase should help that as hitting for 0-2 dmg or so with trpas means like no chance of proccing the SE http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Weakness
Feb 4, 2007, 01:14 AM
On 2007-02-03 22:10, zanotam wrote:
i meant like sometimes they don't proc and stuff, but apparently the dmg increase should help that as hitting for 0-2 dmg or so with trpas means like no chance of proccing the SE http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Traps always hit with a level 3 SE. The only time it wont stick is if the monster requires level 4 or above (i.e. Svaltus type mini-bosses in relic areas), or also if the monster is immune to status effects (i.e. real bosses like De Ragnus or something).

Gauss
Feb 4, 2007, 06:22 AM
well i don't actually know what SE traps have, but since i'm playing protranser i can tell you
that traps work on svaltus minibosses , either relics (near deragan), agata or denes relics.

and normal traps work too!!!! i'm so happy...

just the stupid mini boss on hive.. why are you immune?!?!

Siertes
Feb 4, 2007, 11:42 AM
On 2007-02-03 22:14, Weakness wrote:

On 2007-02-03 22:10, zanotam wrote:

Traps always hit with a level 3 SE. The only time it wont stick is if the monster requires level 4 or above (i.e. Svaltus type mini-bosses in relic areas), or also if the monster is immune to status effects (i.e. real bosses like De Ragnus or something).

Trap SE don't stick if you do 0 damage. That's happened to me several time with those large alligator monters in Desert Terror S. Three of the G Virus Traps I used did 0 damage on them and failed to inflict infection. The fourth did 1 damage and successfully inflicted infection.

Of course this isn't something that applies anymore after this update.

Q_Anon
Feb 4, 2007, 01:53 PM

This is partially correct, traps are wierd in that they affect anything except real bosses but the effect they give is only SE3. If you compare an SE4 Burn or Infection to a trap the SE4 does more.

DummieAcount
Feb 4, 2007, 05:01 PM
Basically the initial damage just got boosted a shitload.