PDA

View Full Version : Are all rare items available offline???

Siempre
Feb 13, 2001, 09:43 AM
I am unable to play online, though I wish I could. I have a lv 32 HUmar and I found that parasite armor from killing the worm. I am in the hard mines currently. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

PaladinRPG
Feb 13, 2001, 09:14 PM
Rare item appearance seems tied to the game diffculty and your SectionID, so I'd think offline and online don't differ much in this respect. The harder the game, the better the loot! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_smile.gif

Nicodemus
Feb 13, 2001, 09:17 PM
Okay...I realize that the Rare items are linked to the difficulty...that's logical. However, could you explain how it's linked to your Section ID? I would hate to think that I will be short-changed just because I am in PINKAL.

Thanks for answering!

DCKaz
Feb 13, 2001, 09:25 PM
two things -

online is always more difficult than offline with equal settings. thus though I fully support an argument suggesting offline veryhard forest will kick online normal forests arse for loot, it's also be worthy of note that online veryhard forest would undoubtably surpass offline veryhard loot.

Mean? Not really.. just makes sense. If you want to solo for best loot/xp, go online. Then IMO you're missing some of the best part of the game (playing with others) but whatever floats your boat..

If you still have a problem with that setup, note the ONLINE in the title http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_wink.gif

Personally I'm glad for that, makes people work together. Lets see..

Number of console rpgs offline: All to date minus one

Number of console rpgs online: one

And supposedly section ID can play with some randomizations (I'm not sure this was the hottest idea but it can promote trade.. for better or worse since there is no secure trading in PSO..) in the store. For loot though.. generate on kill shot? That seems unlikely but possible I suppose. Offline I guess it'd have more freedom to drive your loot.. I wouldn't start blaming your section id on loot woes though unless you find a lot of people your level finding a bunch of stuff you've never seen and want.

edit - just mentioning no flame intended, it does lessen the PSO experience a bit to be stuck offline, but it is still a fun game. I'm sure veryhard offline still will be both an incredible challenge and grand loot (and arguably tougher as it is solo). That said, although we can guess maybe you can access all the best items at that point, one might also guess you'd have less of a chance.. again mulitplayer is always more difficult and better loot at the same difficulty.

cheers,
DCKaz

<font size=1>[ This message was edited by: DCKaz on 2001-02-13 18:30 ]</font>

Ambrai
Feb 13, 2001, 10:37 PM
Agree DC, the thing that shoots me offline sometimes is meeting a horrid group. Not lack of skill, that doesnt matter much. Its the harrassment and stealing.

Now I have only been playing for acouple of days, but so far my online tallys are as follows.

3 good groups

11 horrid groups

Reminds me of diablo /sigh.

I keep playing tho because over time I know I will collect enough cards from other people that I can group privately instead of joining/creating open games.

I would also be interested if anyone has detailed tables of how your ID affects the item drops. I know someone on www.gamefaqs.com broke down how you get your name, but he didnt know/disclose how it affects loot tables.

Danderdag
Feb 15, 2001, 01:44 AM
I'm sure sectionID has something to do with it. I'm Viridia and all I ever get are Mags and Spells.

Siempre
Feb 15, 2001, 08:33 AM
I'm Pinkal and I mainly get assorted weapons and armor, little spells and like 2 mags so far.

I did find a Spirit Gladius, which I have grinded to +9, so I'm doing ok.

I also found a Dragon Slayer. I'm repeatedly killing the dragon, though, looking for a slayer with a good % boost.

Got an Absorb Armor with 4 slots, and a Parasite armor with 3.

Looking for how to change my S. Beat Arms into Blades. I beat the Doc's secret plan on easy, but how do I get to change them???

Also, a Double Saber would be nice.

Thanks in advance.

Siempre

Currently lvl 37 HUmar - Siempre

Mars
Feb 15, 2001, 06:21 PM
After that, start the "Dr.Osto`s Research" Quest. You`ll fin Dr.Motague near the Hunter`s Guild.Make sure you have the Arm in your personal INvertory.

Ciao
Mars

Siempre
Feb 15, 2001, 07:29 PM
THat's what I've been told, but he just keeps talking about how he's looking for Elenor. He won't do it!

Siempre

marco0009
Mar 28, 2001, 12:09 AM
First ya gotta beat all the Hunter's Guild Quests then find him in another quest(like Unsealed Door) and he will then make you stuff.

AdamW
Mar 28, 2001, 12:32 AM
As for Double Sabers, any ID has the same chance of finding one. I have found one in the V. Hard Caves and one in the V. Hard Mines, both dropped by enemies. Not sure if they can be found elsewhere though.

Bishop
Mar 28, 2001, 07:42 AM
Online, offline, I still don't find crap (hahahaha). Seriously though, I think skyly has a better chance of finding rare swords because I actually found a chainsawd in a skyly game. It was like the Santa came to PSO, I was so excited. (I know, I know...lame so what if you found a chainsawd). But for me it was big because all I seem to find are DBsabers and Varistas (with a Blade Dance thrown in).

Maximum-Burst
Mar 28, 2001, 07:59 AM
Section ID differences are your Trekker looks different and as follows:
Viridia: Slicers are very rare. You will find shot series more frequentley and earler than normal. Partisans are common as well.
Greenill: Rifles real frequent and early. Daggers are common and Swords are very rare.
Skyly: Swords early and frequent. Rifles are common. Mechguns are very rare.
Bluefull: This is what I am. Partisan series are frequent and early. Rods are common yet wands are very rare.
Purplenum: Mechguns are frequent and early. Daggers are common. Swords and Partisans are less common.
Pinkal: Wands are frequnet and early, higher level technique disks. Partisans are more common, but rifles are very rare.
Redria: High Quality Armor and shields. Slicers and shots are more common, but daggers are very rare.
Oran: Daggers early on. Wnds and swords are common. Rods are very rare.
Yellowboze: High amounts of Meseta.
Whitill: Slicer's frequent. Mechguns are more common, but shots are rare.

ShenLong21
Mar 28, 2001, 01:45 PM
well i found these items.

double saber-cave
agito 1991-cave
sbeat blade-mine
pan-do quest
dragon slayer-defeat dragon

Siempre
Mar 28, 2001, 02:53 PM
LOL that was a long time ago I'm online now and would like to say that I have items not posted on this website's item list. Mail me with questions or trade offers [email protected]

Later guys

Siempre
lvl 93 HUmar
lvl 58 FOnewearl
lvl 29 RAcast
lvl 5 Racaseal (Was lvl 100)