PDA

View Full Version : Can u get a black heart in a rank c mission? (pc/ps2)

Kyoushi
Feb 3, 2007, 08:41 PM
srry if this is reapetedly being asked, but ive encountered those rare monsters twice in a c rank mission and not one of them droped it. (if they do)

Sekani
Feb 3, 2007, 08:49 PM
Yes.

FeralKitty
Feb 3, 2007, 09:11 PM
The Black Heart is a rare special drop. Although I don't know the exact percentage, it's probably a 5% or less chance that they'll drop it.

So far, I've killed 38 of the Darbelans, and only 1 dropped a Heart. (Yes, this happened on C Rank.) 8 of them dropped Copernia, 6 of them dropped an Olpad, the rest dropped money, normal loot, or nothing at all.

AngelofEnders
Feb 3, 2007, 09:41 PM
Heh it's funny how I encountered these guys on my very first run through HIVE and I had no idea they were rare until I looked at a few threads the next day. Unfortunately no drop but they did give a lot of EXP. >.>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AngelofEnders on 2007-02-03 18:42 ]</font>

AzureBlaze
Feb 3, 2007, 11:29 PM
Does the ratio of dropping the black heart go up if you do higher ranks?
Like, if you do it on B or A, your chance is better that they drop one then it would be on C? I know it worked that way in PSO a lot, is it the same here?

Cerberus1981
Feb 3, 2007, 11:46 PM
No idea but there is no increase in the chance of getting Rappies by doing a higher difficulty so I doubt it, all the people I've spoke to on Live found their blackhearts doing C runs. I must of done 200+ restarts trying to get the rare maps (C runs) and I'm still yet to even see a Darbelan. Out of boredom and frustration I did a single Unsafe Passage run and got two Rappy Amure so at least that's something.

I'll probably give up on the Blackheart hunt, most people are selling them in their shops for 1m+ but the price will come down in time as more are found.

Yay, first post!

It's only taken me 5+ years of lurking here.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Cerberus1981 on 2007-02-03 20:53 ]</font>

Magician
Feb 5, 2007, 08:12 AM
10hrs of DS runs and not a single Darbelan.

So sad, so frustrating.

Howard_Moon
Feb 5, 2007, 08:43 AM
On 2007-02-03 20:46, Cerberus1981 wrote:

I'll probably give up on the Blackheart hunt, most people are selling them in their shops for 1m+ but the price will come down in time as more are found.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Cerberus1981 on 2007-02-03 20:53 ]</font>

Are you on XBOX?? theres no way they are in player shops and if they were theyd be mils upon mils to buy on PC/PS2 like ridiculous millions i mean too ..

Reeses
Feb 5, 2007, 10:37 AM
On 2007-02-05 05:12, Magician wrote:
10hrs of DS runs and not a single Darbelan.

So sad, so frustrating.

I. Feel. Your. Pain.

I had Myself and three friends all in seperate parties and during the 3 hours we did this, we only got 1 rare map. Thats prolly well over 600+ runs of nothing. I gave up on it, i rather just buy it, and save my energy for mass hunting Whitill Wings.

<3

Akaimizu
Feb 5, 2007, 11:01 AM
Magician also knows my pain as well. I feel for anybody who can't seem to get Random Maps to pop and spend all that time doing it. What's worse, is that often you feel like you're truly slowing your process of class levelling, in that very act.

That's why I don't really have the patience for that much popping, anymore. The only time I generally would do it, at that level, is if it is a temporarily available thing. I'm going to hate hunting for Amor Rappies. I can see it already.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-02-05 08:02 ]</font>

Magician
Feb 5, 2007, 11:42 AM
On 2007-02-05 08:01, Akaimizu wrote:
Magician also knows my pain as well. I feel for anybody who can't seem to get Random Maps to pop and spend all that time doing it. What's worse, is that often you feel like you're truly slowing your process of class levelling, in that very act.

That's why I don't really have the patience for that much popping, anymore. The only time I generally would do it, at that level, is if it is a temporarily available thing. I'm going to hate hunting for Amor Rappies. I can see it already.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-02-05 08:02 ]</font>

Should've been on a couple nights ago; Bearur, BlackBeard, Sekani and I came across the Amore Rappies on MC S-rank. Two rappies, one room decor, one feather.

Cerberus1981
Feb 5, 2007, 11:48 AM
On 2007-02-05 05:43, Howard_Moon wrote:

On 2007-02-03 20:46, Cerberus1981 wrote:

Are you on XBOX?? theres no way they are in player shops and if they were theyd be mils upon mils to buy on PC/PS2 like ridiculous millions i mean too ..

I'm playing the 360 version, I did a search over the weekend and there were about 8 people selling Blackhearts and they were all priced around the 1 million mark, the cheapest was exactly 1 million.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Cerberus1981 on 2007-02-05 08:50 ]</font>

MayLee
Feb 5, 2007, 11:53 AM
Everytime I go into the HIVE I cry inside. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

McLaughlin
Feb 5, 2007, 12:01 PM
I've been hunting 9 days and only seen 1 rare spawn T_T

Akaimizu
Feb 5, 2007, 12:27 PM
On 2007-02-05 08:42, Magician wrote:

On 2007-02-05 08:01, Akaimizu wrote:

Should've been on a couple nights ago; Bearur, BlackBeard, Sekani and I came across the Amore Rappies on MC S-rank. Two rappies, one room decor, one feather.

Well, I can't blame myself for nights in which I really can't physically make it. I've never seen a random map on Parum, so maybe I would've been bad luck.

Magician
Feb 5, 2007, 12:35 PM
On 2007-02-05 09:27, Akaimizu wrote
Well, I can't blame myself for nights in which I really can't physically make it. I've never seen a random map on Parum, so maybe I would've been bad luck.

Too true, there's nothing much you can do when RL (teehee, first time I've used that *crazyeyes*) errands and must-do's come first. But bah I say, dispite the belief in your "unlucky tendencies", I have a feeling you'll see them before their removal. We'll just have to party up a bit more and make it happen; it seems that non-popping rare spawns appear more often in a party than solo.

imfanboy
Feb 5, 2007, 02:18 PM
Well, last night I got my blackheart on the first rare spawn; I have no idea what you guys are doing wrong....

But yes, to the OP, I got it on C-rank.