PDA

View Full Version : question about grinders and rank

Zer0_ConvoY
Feb 4, 2007, 12:58 AM
just thinking about it, since you can use B rank grinders on C rank weps and A rank grinders(when available) on B and C ranks, does the rank of the grinder help % of success, like would a B+5 grinder be better on a C rank weapon then a C+5 grinder? Just wondering if maybe there is a way to get an almost guaranteed(although rather pricey) grind to 10 by using grinders of superior rank.

Weakness
Feb 4, 2007, 01:24 AM
On 2007-02-03 21:58, Zer0_ConvoY wrote:
just thinking about it, since you can use B rank grinders on C rank weps and A rank grinders(when available) on B and C ranks, does the rank of the grinder help % of success, like would a B+5 grinder be better on a C rank weapon then a C+5 grinder? Just wondering if maybe there is a way to get an almost guaranteed(although rather pricey) grind to 10 by using grinders of superior rank.

As far as I know and have tested. No it doesn't make a difference on what rank grinders you use. The only thing that has increased the success rate from my experiments has been the + level of the grinder.

Libram
Feb 4, 2007, 01:32 AM
I tried that once by using a B Grinder on a C weapon. I noticed that when going from (1) to (2) on a 3 Luck day that the chance of success was Very High. For C Rank weapons this is supposed to be certain no matter what success chance is. This makes me think that it followed the B Rank grinding instead for the weapon. Has anyone confirmed this?

This also reminds me of a time I saw a couple Twin Autoguns for sale back before the hax that had the same level of grind but completely different stats. Can anyone explain that?