PDA

View Full Version : Should I continue searching or not?

Zarbolord
Feb 4, 2007, 06:16 AM
I've been looking for the Dark Heart for ages, uncountable hours, I've seen EVERY SINGLE MAP apart from the rare one, and I'm tired of this. Should I continue searching or not? My opinion is, I have rly bad luck, and I mean personal luck. I've had 98% synths fail countless times, etc... so I can't take it anymore. the question is, do I surrender or keep going?

--
Mod edit: fix title

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dhylec on 2007-02-04 07:57 ]</font>

SabZero
Feb 4, 2007, 06:19 AM
How about playing for fun http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Nani-chan
Feb 4, 2007, 06:20 AM
I think the item is really over-rated, a mega/stam with visual effects. You can always take a break and go back to searching later if you still want it.

Zarbolord
Feb 4, 2007, 06:24 AM
On 2007-02-04 03:19, SabZero wrote:
How about playing for fun http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

I do play for fun Sab, and you know it better than anyone, only I like have rare items from time to time, seen as my synth capacities are apparently pathetic.

[quote}I think the item is really over-rated, a mega/stam with visual effects. You can always take a break and go back to searching later if you still want it.[/quote]

Yes it is quite overrated but its nice to have it too >.>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zarbolord on 2007-02-04 03:25 ]</font>

FeralKitty
Feb 4, 2007, 06:27 AM
I think they stealth-nerfed the rare map spawn rate. For example, I used to see the C-X rare enemy map often (8 times so far), but I haven't seen it once in the last 5 days now.

I'd say take a break, maybe farm some cash, enough to buy one. It would probably be faster, as the drop rate on the Hearts is very low. I'm up to 42 kills, 1 dropped a heart. So even if you do get a rare map, it's not likely that a Heart would drop from one of the rare mobs.

Weakness
Feb 4, 2007, 06:30 AM
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif I'm the one who hit you with the spatula.

But honestly, I would just stop looking for it. It doesn't even look that cool in my opinion... when do we get the blue flame ala Aura Field? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif I would totally look for that one.

Zarbolord
Feb 4, 2007, 06:32 AM
Ok, I'll stop then, might try later, but I think I'm useless at finding rares >.> Buying one would be a bit troublesome, seen how the pc/PS2 economy is right now.

Kimil
Feb 4, 2007, 06:40 AM
lol, finding the map is one thing,...
GETTING THE DAMN DROP IS ANOTHER... Its so disheartening to finally find the map, and to get nothing but messeta, even though there are four that spawn T_T

AlieNxxxxxxxx
Feb 4, 2007, 07:21 AM
dont look for it and you will find it. I have two of them so far.

SabZero
Feb 4, 2007, 07:29 AM
Didn't you synth a phantom and an ulteri last week? Not that bad, forget about the tengoh bow.

_Deliverance_
Feb 4, 2007, 09:27 AM
I'd say don't worry too much about it.
Maybe do a couple solo runs each time you play, maybe 5?
If you don't get it, then go do something else for the rest of your game time.

It's a nice item, but it's not worth spending your entire game time trying to get.
You'll only bore yourself.

RadiantLegend
Feb 4, 2007, 09:57 AM
Almost like PSO. People go years without the rare they are hunting for.

R2D6battlebot
Feb 4, 2007, 10:16 AM
My friend on PSU has had 24 of the rare creatures spawn and not drop. To me, it sems like a pretty big waste of time.

Tahldon
Feb 4, 2007, 10:22 AM
On 2007-02-04 03:40, Kimil wrote:
lol, finding the map is one thing,...
GETTING THE DAMN DROP IS ANOTHER... Its so disheartening to finally find the map, and to get nothing but messeta, even though there are four that spawn T_T

Amen!

Makes you want to make an 89 yard punt with a kitten doesn't it?

I think I'm gonna stop looking for stuff too. I almost ALWAYS never find anything I'm looking for.

Me defeatist? No, just stating truths, my good sir!

Zarbolord
Feb 4, 2007, 11:04 AM
Well I think I might search later, when I'll have higher lvl characters, cos then the search will be easier and faster, thx to all of you http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Phetty
Feb 4, 2007, 11:29 AM
You really shouldnt farm the Black Heart from them. I think the Tech PP Save they drop on S would be worth it though.

Wheatpenny
Feb 4, 2007, 12:14 PM
Forget about it.Other than making you look like Pigpen from Charlie Brown it realy doesen't to much else.

burende
Feb 4, 2007, 04:26 PM
keep searching dont give up it took me 10h to get mines (tip: do it on C rank and dont run the whole mission just get to block 2 just too see if its a rare map then restart if not, i got it on my 18th rare monster)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: burende on 2007-02-04 13:30 ]</font>

Rashiid
Feb 4, 2007, 04:35 PM
id say dont waste ur time, its not even all the flashy.

burende
Feb 4, 2007, 04:44 PM
RASHIID you are one of the most positive player on psu. i havent seen you post something that isnt negative on any topic

SabZero
Feb 4, 2007, 04:50 PM
Holy freakin huge sig, burende!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SabZero on 2007-02-04 13:50 ]</font>