PDA

View Full Version : I love the HIVE.

Esufer
Feb 4, 2007, 09:58 AM
I actually do.

In my opinion, it's just awesome for getting fast levels + money.

I have about 15-17 hours on this character, including idling time, and i'm level 18 almost, I've already got Necnec clothing, A Seva Drada, and another HIVE decoration.

All found/from money off of those runs.

Is this currently the best levelling spot, or am I gravely mistaken? =/

(those Chaos Sorcerer copies are well hard though.)

Nayla
Feb 4, 2007, 10:01 AM
I agree with ya there. HIVE is great for pretty much every lv of char~

Sekani
Feb 4, 2007, 10:02 AM
I haven't gone to the HIVE since it was released, true story. The music sucks, the enemies suck, and I don't have any light-element weapons.

I might be willing to give it a try on my force alt though.

PJ
Feb 4, 2007, 10:09 AM
I can't stop going to the HIVE since it was released, true story. The music rocks, the enemies rock, and I don't have any light-element weapons.

Zorafim
Feb 4, 2007, 10:11 AM
I can't believe they went from the ruin's music to the hive's music. The atmosphere is completely different because of that.

Esufer
Feb 4, 2007, 10:11 AM
On 2007-02-04 07:02, Sekani wrote:
I haven't gone to the HIVE since it was released, true story. The music sucks, the enemies suck, and I don't have any light-element weapons.

I might be willing to give it a try on my force alt though.

I was using a dark element Bastara when I first soloed it on C =P

Now I'm using a Ground Element Seva Drada, and Light Element Megaline.

I'm not insane.

And the enemies do not suck!

Esufer
Feb 4, 2007, 10:14 AM
Yeah, they need to lose the techno music PSU has in most areas,

Shiro_Ryuu
Feb 4, 2007, 10:15 AM
I love that place too, not only does it give good exp, but most of my weapons are light on my human, so its pwnage. that is, until i run into Gaozorans, Gaozorans >>> Me http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

Esufer
Feb 4, 2007, 10:17 AM
Actually, I just listened to the HIVE music. (in there at the moment)

And the music sounds like something you'd expect to hear when Gamera comes plodding over the tokyo skyline.

ACH
Feb 4, 2007, 10:23 AM
I hate it! Well, the mission is pretty good. But I hate that it's stealing all the players. It's hard to find a team outside of HIVE, De Ragnus is attracting some people though and that's nice.

Sephlock
Feb 4, 2007, 11:54 AM
De Ragnus is not as easy to get to though- so its kinda like Agata Relics in that you can get there, then find out you wasted about 15 minutes since no one is there, or all the games are full/locked http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif.

Is the scape doll graveyard really such a great place?

And speaking of scape dolls, whats the etiquette there? I see lots of people with no scapes and there are lots of people saying they don't bring scapes there.... but the whole "bring a scape doll or not only will I kick you and hate you forever, but you are a worthless piece of human scum and I will hunt you down and kill you in your sleep" thing has been drummed into me >_<.

Must... resist...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sephlock on 2007-02-04 08:58 ]</font>

Esufer
Feb 4, 2007, 11:58 AM
It's amazing. I've made 12k today so far, by soloing. Only been playing about 3 hours as well. Whee!

Sephlock
Feb 4, 2007, 12:01 PM
In how much time, and on what rank? And what race/class are you?

XCOPY
Feb 4, 2007, 12:03 PM
Hive is awesome, imo. I like the design, and the enemies there, especially the Gaozoran...though the map layout with the constant sorcerors is a pain though....but really; even the C-rank gives you 9 mission points for S-rank results. B is 14 points. That was good enough for me to finally burn thru the last 2 levels of Hunter and gain my Fortefighter status yesterday. Then there's the possibility of getting a Hive decoration....which is definitely money in the bank for a shop owner, at least on the 360 version. I've sold several of them for a cool 8000 or more each time. (my account just took a critical hit though with the purchase of my new Axe and Anka Redda PA. That PA is pure greatness, btw.)

*oh, and it's also fairly quick to solo.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: XCOPY on 2007-02-04 09:06 ]</font>

Esufer
Feb 4, 2007, 12:03 PM
Well, it's just gone 5, and I started playing at about... er... half 1? I'm doing C ranks, and I'm a Beast Hunter.

Currently level 18.

The rewards don't come from the mission results, purely from the fact that enemies drop 200+ meseta on C rank. It's lovely.

CrabRangoon
Feb 4, 2007, 12:14 PM
Crazy, I get money drops of 30-70M from each enemy other than the "large" spawner for each block when running C.
I too love the place, mostly because of the nostalgia it inspires from Gao's and the look of the area, all they need is better music, and some of those ant-mounds that grab you and poison you when you walk over them XD

RuPiKa
Feb 4, 2007, 12:15 PM
You can always turn the music down in options and put your own music on with a something else (Ironically, I still listen to dance music while playing PSU). I've been doing this sence PS1 on master system. It works to add the the mood of the game, breaks the sometimes overly repetive sound tracks of most games and makes it a more personal experince for you. When, I listen to Joy Divisions "Unknown Pleasures" I still think of the Ice cave of Dezo.

Esufer
Feb 4, 2007, 12:21 PM
I'm currently running through PSU, with Reel Big Fish playing in the background.

Sets the mood nicely. >_>

Coxy
Feb 4, 2007, 12:27 PM
The Hive is ok, but, it's still not as good as Valley of Carnage C - 2500 xp every 7-8 mins? yes please http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

CrabRangoon
Feb 4, 2007, 12:32 PM
Hah, so far the only thing I listen to while playing PSU is soundtracks from other videogames ^.^
I also have all the PSU soundtracks as well, but I definitely dont listen to them while playing @_@
I've been looking, really hard, for a PSO soundtrack to rip onto my 360 so I can listen to that while playing PSU. -That- would be perfect (but trying to find a Torrent of anything PSO related other than a game is damn near impossible).

Virvius
Feb 4, 2007, 12:33 PM
I like hive too

The only problem I have with it are those Gaozoran! With 1 shot from any of those spells, my poor newman force's HP is halved

Esufer
Feb 4, 2007, 12:41 PM
On 2007-02-04 09:32, CrabRangoon wrote:
Hah, so far the only thing I listen to while playing PSU is soundtracks from other videogames ^.^
I also have all the PSU soundtracks as well, but I definitely dont listen to them while playing @_@
I've been looking, really hard, for a PSO soundtrack to rip onto my 360 so I can listen to that while playing PSU. -That- would be perfect (but trying to find a Torrent of anything PSO related other than a game is damn near impossible).

Get the soundtrack from play or amazon?

XCOPY
Feb 4, 2007, 01:20 PM
ah yes...the convenience of custom soundtrack ability on 360 = win. I play to a lot of stuff...."911 is a Joke" is the first on my list when I hit "play all". I never get tired of that song. I also have a lot of Michael Jackson stuff..."Thriller" works well with the pace of the game. I'll also try the PSO soundtrack, I'm sure I have some of it recorded already....*ah yes, I have Episode 2 end theme, regular ending theme, a mix of stuff, Dark Falz themes, Episode 2 Jungle theme, etc. They were recorded from the Gamecube version a few years ago.......good memories there.

oh this is good....I must put that on the 360 HD today...now I'm listening to the Vol Opt theme...

Sephlock
Feb 4, 2007, 01:26 PM
I prefer "Live to Win" on an endless loop, ala the Southpark episode "Make Love not Warcraft". It sets the tone for the endless grinding that is PSU http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif.

When I'm on my 100th Grove of Fanatics run of the day, I'll start listening to "In the end" by Linkin Park.

dudeanonymous
Feb 4, 2007, 01:36 PM
that may be true but its just like playing episode 2 in pso, there are way too many things that can one-hit kill you...

Garnet_Moon
Feb 4, 2007, 01:56 PM
Awaken my Child and embrace the glory that is your birth right,
Know that I am the Overmind,
The eternal will of the Swarm,
And that you have been created to serve me,
Serve the HIVE~

I'm so sorry. I just couldn't resist. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Remedy
Feb 4, 2007, 02:15 PM
On 2007-02-04 10:56, Garnet_Moon wrote:
Serve the HIVE~

I'm so sorry. I just couldn't resist. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gifYou win two (2) internets.

However, I'm a Protoss guy myself, so en taro Adun and whatnot. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

DarkAeon
Feb 4, 2007, 03:01 PM
i wanna play strcraft now D:

Esufer
Feb 4, 2007, 03:03 PM
Ahaha, Just found my second HIVE decoration today. ^_^

Made a total of... er... *calculations*

22k today! whee!

omegapirate2k
Feb 4, 2007, 07:02 PM
On 2007-02-04 11:15, Remedy wrote:

On 2007-02-04 10:56, Garnet_Moon wrote:
Serve the HIVE~

I'm so sorry. I just couldn't resist. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gifYou win two (2) internets.

However, I'm a Protoss guy myself, so en taro Adun and whatnot. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

http://www.ugoplayer.com/animation/thestarcraftreporter.html

FOR AIIIIURRR!!!

Almalexia
Feb 4, 2007, 07:07 PM
I haven't gone to the hive since it was released. true story. The music sucks, the enemies suck, and I don't have any light-element weapons
IN B4 WEAKNESS

On 2007-02-04 07:09, PJ wrote:
I can't stop going to the HIVE since it was released, true story. The music rocks, the enemies rock, and I don't have any light-element weapons.

LOL

Ok, I go there from time to time and HIVE A made getting off of lvl8 Fortefighter really quick(an later I got lvl9 on Agata Relic S http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif) Only the last room is full of arse >_>.

Sekani
Feb 4, 2007, 08:36 PM
http://www.sekani2.com/psu/0204162149.jpg

All that trouble and the drops were asstastic as well. I knew there was a reason I hated the HIVE.

And fuck Gaozorans.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sekani on 2007-02-04 17:37 ]</font>

Esufer
Feb 4, 2007, 08:46 PM
On 2007-02-04 17:36, Sekani wrote:
http://www.sekani2.com/psu/0204162149.jpg

All that trouble and the drops were asstastic as well. I knew there was a reason I hated the HIVE.

And fuck Gaozorans.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sekani on 2007-02-04 17:37 ]</font>

I may or may not have laughed.

Golto
Feb 4, 2007, 08:49 PM
Lol ppl need to learn to switch to fire armor when Gaozorans show up.

nooblet
Feb 4, 2007, 08:50 PM
for easy access, hive s is pretty good exp.

Ravennittes
Feb 4, 2007, 08:51 PM
At least you didn't have 70+ Incapacitations ^.^ . That's what happens to my party when we have a Gaozoran version.

Sekani
Feb 4, 2007, 09:02 PM
On 2007-02-04 17:49, Golto wrote:

Stop being a smug know-it-all. Gaozorans cast gibarta too, and it usually hurts more than the easily avoidable fire.

Anyway, most of the deaths came from the Carraguines in the last room. Megid-flailing bastards. Gaozorans are just annoying as hell cause they take forever to kill.

Esufer
Feb 4, 2007, 09:03 PM
Hey, Sekani, next time you do a run like that, can I come along when I hit high enough level? I'd like to see how you guys play it. ^_^

VanHalen
Feb 4, 2007, 09:06 PM
i love the challenge of the HIVE those wizard guys are more annoying though. if i do s rank it im happy but its not a place i go to for MP

Sekani
Feb 4, 2007, 09:12 PM
On 2007-02-04 18:03, Reigast wrote:
Hey, Sekani, next time you do a run like that, can I come along when I hit high enough level? I'd like to see how you guys play it. ^_^

... next time?!

(sure)

pso123hrf
Feb 4, 2007, 09:32 PM
If i were level 1, would i survive there?

And are light bullets out yet?

Golto
Feb 4, 2007, 09:53 PM
Gaozorans' Foie can hit for 1000+ w/o elemental protection. Their gibarta, even when wearing fire armor, does around 450. So do the math k?

Neith
Feb 4, 2007, 10:12 PM
Hive S- best area in PSU, without contest. (out of what we have so far, anyway).

Only thing I hate are the Gaozorans- they're a Beast's worst nightmare (1000 damage crits, and spawns of 3- not good D: )

Needs to start dropping me more good stuff though, only good drop Ive seen there is a Neptuline.

Sephlock
Feb 4, 2007, 10:25 PM
So how many of you guys bring scape dolls to hive parties that you join?

Trayven
Feb 4, 2007, 10:25 PM
On 2007-02-04 18:02, Sekani wrote:

On 2007-02-04 17:49, Golto wrote:

Stop being a smug know-it-all. Gaozorans cast gibarta too, and it usually hurts more than the easily avoidable fire.

Anyway, most of the deaths came from the Carraguines in the last room. Megid-flailing bastards. Gaozorans are just annoying as hell cause they take forever to kill.

This is true, I usually lose a couple scape doll due to the Carraguines. Also I don't mind killing the Gaozorans I feel like I've accomplished something pretty significant when I down three waves of three and retained all my scape dolls.

DarkSeph
Feb 4, 2007, 10:42 PM
On 2007-02-04 07:14, Reigast wrote:
Yeah, they need to lose the techno music PSU has in most areas,

LOL!!! I'm amazed at how some people have learned how to do all that text nonsense and still don't know something as simple as turning off the Music in the Options section...http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Problem Solved! for those who have no taste in music http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Umberger
Feb 4, 2007, 11:08 PM
On 2007-02-04 18:53, Golto wrote:
Gaozorans' Foie can hit for 1000+ w/o elemental protection. Their gibarta, even when wearing fire armor, does around 450. So do the math k?

Seems like their Foie is 21+ (more than likely level 30), and I think their Gibarta is only 11-20 (maybe even less...but I haven't seen Gibarta 21 ingame to compare it with).

Golto
Feb 4, 2007, 11:12 PM
Yes Foie's tp % is much higher than gibarta's. Something like 260% compared to 120%?

DarkSeph
Feb 4, 2007, 11:16 PM
On 2007-02-04 20:08, Umberger wrote:

On 2007-02-04 18:53, Golto wrote:

Seems like their Foie is 21+ (more than likely level 30), and I think their Gibarta is only 11-20 (maybe even less...but I haven't seen Gibarta 21 ingame to compare it with).

Ahem......well as someone with lvl 25 Gibarta it looks like a Ice Cube Dispenser from the Sky......

Almalexia
Feb 4, 2007, 11:16 PM
You people talking about this big things with the long horns that act/move like Jarba's?

DRO
Feb 4, 2007, 11:27 PM
The hive is my fav too.....

Umberger
Feb 4, 2007, 11:32 PM
On 2007-02-04 20:16, Almalexia wrote:
You people talking about this big things with the long horns that act/move like Jarba's?

Those are Dilnazens. Gaozorans are the floating Chaos Sorceror knockoffs.

VanHalen
Feb 4, 2007, 11:35 PM
On 2007-02-04 20:32, Umberger wrote:

On 2007-02-04 20:16, Almalexia wrote:

Those are Dilnazens. Gaozorans are the floating Chaos Sorceror knockoffs.

im more afriad of the gaozoran then the chaos sorceror since you can stop the chaos sorceror from attacking. now if the gaozoran can heal itself i will cry

Rashiid
Feb 4, 2007, 11:40 PM
drop-wise, this is the #1 place, so much drops here....

Gaozoran Rod (soon, or should i say months lol http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif)
Black Heart
Plenty of 10*+ synth (junk to me, but others treasures)
Cugrerinininininie Saber thinggy (soon, forgot name lol)
and Pt. 2 of it, Mr. D.F. (wonder whos gonna make the 1st figure.... 360 speaking of coarse)
Grana, May, and How Rods (w0ot for forces! lol)

and im sure others i forgot...

edit: just sum list items....

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rashiid on 2007-02-04 20:45 ]</font>

Gryffin
Feb 5, 2007, 12:32 AM
On 2007-02-04 18:32, pso123hrf wrote:
If i were level 1, would i survive there?

And are light bullets out yet?

It depends on what class, If you have good armor, and have a good party, yeah, you could make it.

And yes, Light bullets are out.

LordJoe
Feb 5, 2007, 12:36 AM
the only thing i dont like about it is how almost EVERY SINGLE ENEMY CAN USE MEGID @_@ only a select few enemies in the GAME should use be able to use it.
Other than that...
the music is fine "difference between BAD music and REPETITIVE music its your fault for spending 3-4 hours in there every day"
and the enemies in there are fine too. they are a challenge. <-------if there is anything this game needs, it is more of that.

Crosisomega
Feb 5, 2007, 01:54 AM
Music dosnt bother me, I just turn it off and stream from my ipod anyway http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif As for drops the 10* stuff is good for later as are some of the weapons if they ever drop (9* weapons FTW) and i guess the black eart when you need some meseta. i dont see the big reason for why everyone wants a blackheart o_O I just want the safty heart so I can get 3% of my health back >_>

jizaboz
Feb 5, 2007, 09:47 AM
It is a really cool area. The megid risk is kind of weird... playing solo in C-rank I was killed in about the 2nd room with megid. Yet playing in a party twice in B-rank, no one died from it. I guess we were killing them before they had a chance to cast it.

Garnet_Moon
Feb 5, 2007, 12:23 PM
On 2007-02-04 20:40, Rashiid wrote:
Cugrerinininininie Saber thinggy (soon, forgot name lol)

That doesn't drop yet.

Jey
Feb 5, 2007, 12:30 PM
I think I died more from Foie crossfire than Megid (ate my share of Megid deaths)

At least with Gaozoran if you're quick you can sneak in and knock'm down with Rising Strike or something F: but when you're trying to debuff with lv1 Technic range and suddenly got 3 Vitace or 4 Gaos staring at ya... :/

I was playing around in there with Guntecher last night and my lv64 character died from a lv20 flying thing's Megid ._.

As for the Carruguine Saber board and stuff, the JP Wiki has them listed as S-Rank drops (not that what's there is end-of-discussion)? If they're as elusive as the Crea Doubles boards...

Garnet_Moon
Feb 5, 2007, 12:32 PM
It can be listed all it wants, that doesn't mean it drops yet. People can look into the data and find exact drop lists in PSU's code y'know.

Jey
Feb 5, 2007, 12:39 PM
I don't know, the JPs don't seem to do all the digging/hacking that the NA PC/PS2 crowd does. It usually gets updated piecemeal. Doesn't mean it's been confirmed to not drop yet, is what I'm sayin :x

(why do my favorite smilies get turned into weird angry faces ._.')

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jey on 2007-02-05 09:40 ]</font>

CrabRangoon
Feb 5, 2007, 12:59 PM
Only thing that hinders me from playing it more is how I've been dropping from Megid over the past week. Previously, I could do all the A and S rank LL + FFF runs I wanted, and RARELY die of Megid (armor = 24 or 28% dark + rainbow) which I was pretty pleased with. Lately, though, 1 out of 6 purple balls from SEED Vance's take me down, and Jarba's have also been doing a number on me, compared to before. It's really agitating, but I guess it's just a sign I need better dark armor now-a-days.

panzer_unit
Feb 5, 2007, 01:12 PM
I haven't played there with a low-lv character yet, and honestly my caseal's going to be really blinging when I _do_ get around to using her... I can imagine anything less than Hive S not being worth the scape dolls it takes to get S rank, so it's probably a bad place to go when you're trying for rank.

HIVE S is good times for a well equipped high-level party. Heaps of A & S rank items, good challenge level, and a nice variety of enemies for the team to get organized to deal with.

On the other hand: if you're going for rank at all why are you not doing Bruce's Dungeon?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: panzer_unit on 2007-02-05 10:14 ]</font>

Schubalts
Feb 5, 2007, 02:28 PM
On 2007-02-05 09:39, Jey wrote:
I don't know, the JPs don't seem to do all the digging/hacking that the NA PC/PS2 crowd does. It usually gets updated piecemeal. Doesn't mean it's been confirmed to not drop yet, is what I'm sayin http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_mad.gif

The JP players just don't spread everything they find to everyone they meet.

Esufer
Feb 5, 2007, 02:31 PM
On 2007-02-05 11:28, Schubalts wrote:

On 2007-02-05 09:39, Jey wrote:
I don't know, the JPs don't seem to do all the digging/hacking that the NA PC/PS2 crowd does. It usually gets updated piecemeal. Doesn't mean it's been confirmed to not drop yet, is what I'm sayin http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_mad.gif

The JP players just don't spread everything they find to everyone they meet.

Bird Flu?

Oh, no, that was China.

AngelusVesica
Feb 5, 2007, 08:56 PM
lmao nice