PDA

View Full Version : PSU is a time sink... Gonna make me fail Bio

Kimil
Feb 4, 2007, 05:51 PM
Okay, I get it now why everyone is slowly leaving and the population is goind down...

Only took what?

-10 HOURS OF BLACK HEART SEARCHING (on 3 luck day, only got the raremap twice.... no heart though)
-6 out of 7 7* Ice Claw/Dagger Fails (FUCKING *SNIP*!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
-5/8 6* Spear fails (ALL FUCKING RAYPHOTONS TOO)
-20 of my GOOD elemental Daggers breaking through grinding.
-Never getting the rare in random rooms, sept an odd 7*line

What the hell, I'm not having ANY fun anymore, its just a bid addiction, Its like gambling and Im addicted to doing the runs and synth, over and over and failing EVERY TIME. Wastin my time which I could be doing HW or going out or something, I really getting sick of this, anyone else feel like this?

EDIT: Inappropriate language removed.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryna on 2007-02-04 19:38 ]</font>

Dhylec
Feb 4, 2007, 05:54 PM
You tried too hard. You lost sight of what's fun. Take your time off & cool it down?

Sychosis
Feb 4, 2007, 05:54 PM
No.

Almalexia
Feb 4, 2007, 07:34 PM
It's a time sink because you are allowing it to be such. Stop hunting that for a while. You're putting yourself through all that unecessary stress over trying to find a unit that does the same thing mega/stamina does, but it has a dark aura omitting from it. Come on man, really now.

Soukosa
Feb 5, 2007, 04:58 AM
If you find PSU a time sink then I guess you've never tried other MMOs. PSU is actually rather light in terms of how much time it eats it up compared to others, especially the damn Korean MMOs like RO.

Might be time to sit back and take a small break for a bit. Just generally helps with things.

SabZero
Feb 5, 2007, 09:49 AM
Yes. Scheduling yourself will help alot, I did it too http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Tomeeboy
Feb 5, 2007, 12:26 PM
You can make a timesink out of practically anything, if you really try to. If it's really becoming that frustrating, I'd say that you need to stop doing it to yourself. Sure, it's fun to try to get the best (or most flashy) equipment and everything, but what's the rush? I don't see PSU 2 coming around the corner anytime soon, so I'd say we've got some time to work with here http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

As mentioned, don't lose sight of what makes the game fun. A little synthing, grinding, and item hunting may be fun in moderation, but it's a surefire way to burn yourself out fast if you do too much of it.

Scejntjynahl
Feb 5, 2007, 02:08 PM
Im more in the lines of if I have a mop to kill baddies a mop I will use. I still don't quite fully grasp this innate necessity to have the "best" weapon.

But as stated earlier, too much of anything will make you burn out. Specially if you set your goals on things of "chance". Not like setting your goals in more concrete things like leveling Photon Arts or getting your character and class levels done. Or simply going shopping to acquire a new look. Make open games for the heck of enjoying random people company (of course willing to see some asshats at the same time for a few laughs). There is much to be done. And if you own a PC try and take the most innovative interesting pictures possible. Or simply look for some people who are lower and new to the game and teach them the ropes without sounding like an elitist.

There is much to be had, if you look for it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Scejntjynahl on 2007-02-05 11:09 ]</font>

Katrina
Feb 5, 2007, 06:05 PM
Yepper, if you're not having fun atm, and the game is starting to feel like a chore, or work, take a break. Channel that addiction and persistence into something else you enjoy for a while.

Yuicihi
Feb 5, 2007, 10:04 PM
Welcome to the world of MMOs! We hope you enjoy your stay!

Edit:
Sounomi- I'd say Maple's worse than RO in terms of Time Sink.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Yuicihi on 2007-02-05 19:05 ]</font>

Para
Feb 6, 2007, 03:02 PM
Too much demand for instant gratification?

Almalexia
Feb 6, 2007, 06:37 PM
It takes 8hrs to gain a lvl after 65 in FFXI..

Cav
Feb 6, 2007, 06:49 PM
20k/8 like 2.5k an hour? get a better party <.<;

Almalexia
Feb 6, 2007, 07:37 PM
I knew I should have added that it was pre-TOAU where you had no choice but to go noobiki bay til 70.