PDA

View Full Version : PSU: PS2/PC Market Completely Dead?

Zelendria_Ru
Feb 4, 2007, 07:50 PM
Up until recently I have run an extremely profitable synthing shop offering elemental weapons including 6* and 9* weapons for very reasonable prices(25-400k for 6*, 300k-1mil for 9*, depending on elemental percentages), 9* Force weapons for 300-400k, Del Jagnus boards for 5mil, Blades for 1 mil etc. NPC goods I sell at roughly 60% of their prices...

But for the past two weeks nothing has sold! My 9* Force weapons are down to 250k, and I can't move anything! The Del Jag board is getting dusty!

Are other merchants on PS2/PC having the same problem??? I have a 44% Ascalon that I haven't even tried selling, but really what can I hope to get for that these days if apparently no one is paying attention anymore?

I'm not going to sell force weapons below cost, but I'm darn sure that there are tons of players out there that don't have full pallets of Howrods etc... Have 6* weapons fallen out of favor? Can a highly ground one keep up with the damage on a low % 9*?

I've heard rumors that ST is going to put elemental photons into the NPC shops and that's great but...if I can't sell my dud 9* attempts and at least make my meseta back then what's the point?

Crono114z
Feb 4, 2007, 08:23 PM
It's because of the hack that's been found out. I want to apologize for figuring it it out. However, I had no intention of releasing it. But some idiot decided to leak information. Thus.. this happen.

shadonics
Feb 4, 2007, 09:09 PM
yup complete dead XD

in the past days hackers must have bought ray-photons from me for over 1mil each >_>.
this leads ppl to sell all other stuff overpriced.so it seems atleast what belongs to materials.
and with the hack that ppl can change boards into any boards they want makes the market go down.

i worked my ass off to get my mesetas by creating hunter weapons up to 9* and now i can't even sell them.
in exchange for that i just join the rest and sell my ray-photons for crazy prices.atleast thats better selling than my 200-250k 9* weapons XD!

i keep on playing this game in hope that sega will do something about the dupes/hacks.
and that i sometime will hold a crea double in my hand >_>;

Holo
Feb 4, 2007, 09:15 PM
On 2007-02-04 17:23, Crono114z wrote:
It's because of the hack that's been found out. I want to apologize for figuring it it out. However, I had no intention of releasing it. But some idiot decided to leak information. Thus.. this happen.

So id this why in the trade section you said you can get us anything? looks like you were just gonna hack it all eh?

Jae
Feb 5, 2007, 07:04 AM
On 2007-02-04 18:15, Holo wrote:
So id this why in the trade section you said you can get us anything? looks like you were just gonna hack it all eh?

Err yea. Crono114 is from TMG.

Holo
Feb 6, 2007, 08:21 PM
On 2007-02-05 04:04, Jae wrote:

On 2007-02-04 18:15, Holo wrote:

Err yea. Crono114 is from TMG.

Well i dunno what TMG is........ heh

Armok
Feb 6, 2007, 08:34 PM
Economy has been dead for ages. Fact is you cannot buy or sell anything decent for Meseta anymore. A solid power or Me / quick will get instantly bought if you put it in your shop, same for any decent rare drop. There is no point selling them as you can quickly get huge sums of worthless money by selling Copernia for 5m and Photons (only an idiot would do). I know 2 of my friends have 200+ million just from revending photons. Yet even with this money they could never buy anything good ever cos it would never be in a shop in the first place.

Meseta are valueless. In Xbox you can buy photons for less than 500 and me / quicks attually appear when you do a shop search and for a value under 99.99m. Wow omg

Hopefully we will see a TOTAL equip/mest wipe a permi ban for all these script kiddies and a patch to stop any of these occuring again. Anything less than this and the trade system will never be proper.

ljkkjlcm9
Feb 6, 2007, 08:41 PM
hell no to a total wipe, that's a great way to lose a lot of players. I'd seriously be pissed if they did that. Meseta wipe I can live with, but hell no to getting rid of the things I worked hard for

THE JACKEL

Armok
Feb 6, 2007, 08:59 PM
whats the point in a mesata wipe if it leaves the cheat abusers with all the S rank equips and +10 S grinders and 99 goldania etc. There is no point it will be like not punishing them at all they will remain super rich as they can then sell for vast VAST sums of Meseta the ultra hard to get weopons. Everyone should start at zero again otherwise its not fair. Personally the only people who would quit are people not worth having.

ljkkjlcm9
Feb 6, 2007, 09:07 PM
On 2007-02-06 17:59, Armok wrote:
whats the point in a mesata wipe if it leaves the cheat abusers with all the S rank equips and +10 S grinders and 99 goldania etc. There is no point it will be like not punishing them at all they will remain super rich as they can then sell for vast VAST sums of Meseta the ultra hard to get weopons. Everyone should start at zero again otherwise its not fair. Personally the only people who would quit are people not worth having.

that's the dumbest thing I've ever hard. I work hard for 500+ hours on my character, and all the items I EARNED get erased? Hardly seems fair. The people with all S ranks should just get banned, and +10 S grinders are obviously hacked, ban them, 99 goldania, ban them. Seriously, why punish everyone for what someone else did. Just because you may not have anything that you spent hours grinding, that is currently unhackable, such as slot units, doesn't mean everyone didn't.

THE JACKEL

nooblet
Feb 6, 2007, 11:18 PM
hell no to a total wipe, that's a great way to lose a lot of players. I'd seriously be pissed if they did that. Meseta wipe I can live with, but hell no to getting rid of the things I worked hard for

THE JACKEL

I agree with that. I imported jp episode II ver. 1.0, spent nearly $400 (gc+game+mod+modem) to play it. After weeks of hard work just to found out ver 1.1 will do a clean wipe cause of the dupe bug, I just quit PSO altogether.

-Aurora-
Feb 7, 2007, 04:25 PM
Im gonna say..."i hope i don't get flammed for it" that because once sega banned the ppl with mesta/S ranks for whatever reason....they stop feeding the community with it....U would sell a diad for example for 25mil...right??? Come on who in their right mind will actually buy that except a hacker....then you take ur 25mil to buy other things....like weapons / armor in other ppls shop right??? and so the chain continues....everything in everyone's shop is a total rip off....come on!!! 10 mil for a yamata-senba??? please!!! u can dam make it yourself for a whole lot cheaper......and don't get me started on elemental photons.....100K for a ray photon....Im gonna say everyone's a cheater in some way....So before you start hating and saying "hacker = cheater"...you need to look at yourself and say..."how come my things are not selling"....hacking is not a good thing but come on now....it benefits u just as much as anything else....

Armok
Feb 7, 2007, 08:22 PM
On 2007-02-06 18:07, ljkkjlcm9 wrote:
that's the dumbest thing I've ever hard. I work hard for 500+ hours on my character, and all the items I EARNED get erased? Hardly seems fair. The people with all S ranks should just get banned, and +10 S grinders are obviously hacked, ban them, 99 goldania, ban them. Seriously, why punish everyone for what someone else did. Just because you may not have anything that you spent hours grinding, that is currently unhackable, such as slot units, doesn't mean everyone didn't.

500 hours wow thats great. I also like reference to me not having done anything like grinding or dont have any good items. I stand to lose alot. The FACT is the economy will not recovery if you do not do an item wipe. How would you distingish and pick out those x99 Goldania etc stocks, you couldnt pick them out the crowd if they were just using weopons you can obtain legally but at stupidly high grinds or ele %. Abusers would not have the money but would still have the vast vast stocks of gear and photons and materials to make themselves ultra rich very quickly and keep themselves on top of the pile.

Also do you really want everyone on the server walking round with 9* weopons and armor. These are good armors that should take people time to save up for not just having got them from selling 10 photons at 100k ea. People should be sent back to nothing and made to trade, hunt and work to get these things the hard proper way.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Armok on 2007-02-07 17:29 ]</font>

Crono114z
Feb 7, 2007, 08:39 PM
I'm not from TMG. Sure I did post there, but I am not a part of them. TMG is like a group of people's ya know? A Guild I guess.

ljkkjlcm9
Feb 7, 2007, 08:53 PM
On 2007-02-07 17:22, Armok wrote:
Also do you really want everyone on the server walking round with 9* weopons and armor. These are good armors that should take people time to save up for not just having got them from selling 10 photons at 100k ea. People should be sent back to nothing and made to trade, hunt and work to get these things the hard proper way.

I honestly don't give a rat's ass what anyone else has. I care what I have. Seriously, I would be pissed if they did an entire character wipe. How about this? You don't want the stuff, don't have it. Go, toss it all out. What you do with your game is fine with me. If they get rid of all the duped meseta the economy will fix itself, that's all that matters. It's the only thing that other people do, that affects me. What they carry on them, means nothing to me. And if you think that they can't distinguish between what items you have and the quanitity you have, you seriously underestimate them. They just don't care.

How about everyone who wants a character wipe, goes and dumps all their items on server 8, and all play on server 8. Sega does a meseta wipe, and you guys stay seperate from the others who kept their items. The economy is back to normal, but I keep what I earned, because I don't want to toss it away. You do not have the correct solution, and neither do I. You'll probably be mad if I keep my items, and I'll be mad if they get rid of them. So they can't win.

THE JACKEL

Holo
Feb 7, 2007, 09:17 PM
On 2007-02-07 17:39, Crono114z wrote:
I'm not from TMG. Sure I did post there, but I am not a part of them. TMG is like a group of people's ya know? A Guild I guess.

Well you see sorta suspicious with the whole you found out a glitch and by that topic of you giving anyone anything it would see what ever you found out you are abusing.

Crono114z
Feb 7, 2007, 09:18 PM
I'm not saying I don't cheat. By all means, I do, I'm just saying I am NOT part of TMG.

Holo
Feb 7, 2007, 09:26 PM
On 2007-02-07 18:18, Crono114z wrote:
I'm not saying I don't cheat. By all means, I do, I'm just saying I am NOT part of TMG.

Ok well I officially hate you now.

shadonics
Feb 8, 2007, 12:07 PM
atleast crono is honest don't hate him.
hate is something very bad http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Crono114z
Feb 8, 2007, 12:09 PM
I don't really care about hate. So you know, I don't hate you back. I don't hate often.

Jae
Feb 8, 2007, 12:28 PM
Sorry for pegging you in with TMG, Crono. It was a bad assumption on my part. Gomen nasai. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Crono114z
Feb 8, 2007, 12:31 PM
iie iie- It's cool. I'd've assumed the same thing.

Zelendria_Ru
Feb 9, 2007, 04:35 AM
On 2007-02-07 13:25, spoiled808177 wrote:
....So before you start hating and saying "hacker = cheater"...you need to look at yourself and say..."how come my things are not selling"....

As I stated in my original post I made it clear that I didn't go to the extremes that others did to take advantage of the glut of meseta...I priced my items WELL below the market value...and well UNDER the npc price for items available there...I was selling Del Jagnus Boards for 1 mil and blades for 500k....

...as any experienced synther will tell you, synthing 9* force weapons has a 52% chance with a 100tech PM. For a single synth cost of ~160k and a 50% chance of synthing a item (which is NOT npc purchasable), charging 300-400k is a reasonable amount...no, its not cheap but its also nothing like putting it up for 1mil. >.>

Melee weapons have the whole elemental percents thing...I HAVE (and would again if anyone is in the market) sold very HIGH percentage 6*s for 400-500k...at the time I was doing this I think that 8* were only just synthable and people were still doing alot of grinding of B rank weapons. Yes, there's a good chance that in transactions of this kind there was hacked meseta involved...but even today I cannot sell elemental weapons for less than NPC price regardless of %.

That is what the OP is about...a server reset would kill the game just as surely as letting people run around with S-ranks etc...I would also leave because all of my 9*s are legit although its probable that they were funded with money not obtained legitimately...

I will be posting a survey in the general forum asking "Why don't people shop at my Player Shop anymore" which will include my shop inventory and current prices...