PDA

View Full Version : Some GT Questions

Aven
Feb 4, 2007, 07:54 PM
Well, I've decided to make my newman into a Guntecher instead of the Fortecher he was origionaly going to be, but I have a few questions for you GT's out there:

First of all, as I understand it, my main purpose as a newman GT would be healing/buffing/debuffing and Ses from guns. With low ATP, I doubt I'd do much damage with guns in any way other than with burn/infection. But, my question is - would it be worthwhile to have another wand with 1-2 damage spells? Or would that be a waste even with a newman's TP?

Second, I'd like to know what kind of SEs would be a good idea to level first; Which are most beneficial to a party? I guess Burn or Infect would be good to have for damage, and Freeze / Paralyse to help stop them from killing people (since they cant attack, or move in the case of freeze). Are confuse and Silence worth leveling? I've never really used confuse, so I don't know much about it. I've also heard that silence doesn't work on large enemies like Jarba's where it would be most useful, so if that's the case, I really don't see where it would be useful (except maybe the armed servants in Grove of Fanatics).

And thirdly, I'd just like to know what kind of weapon pallet setups you guys use. I was thinking maybe something like 4 one-handed guns (crossbows and cards?) and wands, a bow and a set of dual handguns. Would this work or would you recommend something else?

NPCMook
Feb 4, 2007, 07:56 PM
Personally I don't even bother carrying buff spells on my Guntecher, I carry 2 wands with Resta and Reverser, 2-3 sets of Dualies, Bows and for random purposes a laser cannon...

Bow/Laser Cannon > Dualies > Wand/Crossbow > Bow > Dualies > Wand/Crossbow

Never far from a wand on my pallette

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: NPCMook on 2007-02-04 17:05 ]</font>

Pivotal
Feb 4, 2007, 07:58 PM
If there is a fortetecher with lvl 21+ buffs, buffing will only hurt your team.

Itsuki
Feb 4, 2007, 08:04 PM
I also wouldn't worry about buffs unless you lack a fT in party. Debuffs are good. When ults come out, you'll probably want Twin Mayali aswell.

As for bullets, theres a few things that are almost required:
SE4 DoT - Either Burn or Infection on a Rifle/Bow, you'r choice
Ice Twins - For bosses

After that, its all up to you. For spreading status effects, twins and crossbows are really good. I'm particularly fond of crossbows for paraylsis, infection, and even confusion. I'm also pretty fond of SE4 Freeze. I wouldn't worry about Silence on any weapon though.

If you really want to buff/debuff, fT really isn't bad. WT is even better at it. Its more of something you also have if needed as a GT. Don't listen to those fTs that refuse to support or say supporting is bad. They're just losers.

MegaBUD
Feb 4, 2007, 08:05 PM
Well... if ur the only techer in the group... yes use ur buff...
Fire/Dark/Ice are the best element for a gun...
attack tech are useless... GT got low TP even with a newman

go with a bow or a rifles... twinies a great too... xbox/card/mechgun too http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Aven
Feb 5, 2007, 04:11 PM
On 2007-02-04 17:05, MegaBUD wrote:

go with a bow or a rifles... twinies a great too... xbox/card/mechgun too http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

I'm assuming you meant to say xbow there. Now, i'd love to go around hitting things with an xbox, but sadly, such a weapon doesn't exist <.<;

And it sounds like I should generally reserve wands for debuffing and healing purposes, and just keep buff spells in reserve in case of the off chance there isn't someone who can do it better in the party.

As for guns, I'll probably carry 1-2 sets of duals and bows, and 3-4 wands with 1-anded guns. I'm going to make at least two of the crossbows, but I'm not sure about cards. I really know nothing about how they work, never having used one, but I see people using them relatively often - what exactly are they good for?

As for laser cannons... I doubt I'll have one except maybe for fun. I doubt with a newman's ATP my guns will be doing much more than SEs, so I don't see the need to have a gun that I don't think - correct me if I'm wrong - is more for damage purposes.

Also, one more question: I've been wondering about the armor units that decrease casting speed while increasing PP usage. Would they be worth having as GT or just a big waste? I'm assuming the latter, seeing as wands are already pretty fast and I won't be doing much more than healing/debuffing, but I thought I'd throw the question out there.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Aven on 2007-02-05 13:12 ]</font>

Akaimizu
Feb 5, 2007, 04:30 PM
As a Guntecher, you still are GUNS first. Of course, the holy grail is an armor slot that grants you the ever awesome Bullet PP Save. Especially if you are about spreading status ailments (your cats meow for hurting the beasties). That is, it's more important, with that task, to be able to rain more bullets in a level, than to simply add power to the limited bullets you have. More shots means that you compensate against the ratio of success for Status ailments, and thus more beasties get infected by it.

However, the price for it (as with many Guntecher weapons) is ridiculous, so good luck affording one. On the 360, it'll cost you about 850,000 to get one of those, and with that economy only the few the proud, the Magician, can afford one of those. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

I can't tell you how much it is on the PC/PS2 version; but with that economy, maybe it'll be easier to afford. Just try to get a good deal on one, as you approach that market.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-02-05 13:33 ]</font>

Aven
Feb 5, 2007, 05:02 PM
Thanks, I completely forgot about that sort of unit >.<

But on PC/PS2, though I haven't checked, it's probably in the tens of millions somewhere :/

CelestialBlade
Feb 5, 2007, 07:22 PM
I still find Techs very useful as a Guntecher, even with lower TP and a cap of 10 on Technics. Sometimes your guns just don't quite do enough damage all at once, that's when it's time to whip out Diga and start bashing some faces in. What makes GT so much fun for me is the sheer versatility. If I get bored with my bow or my shotgun or whatever, I can just swap to a Wand and start blowing shit up. Throw in being able to buff and heal, and any party loves a Guntecher. Perfect for when that selfish Fortetecher is just running around spamming Gidiga while everyone else slowly dies.

And on buffs, carry them anyway. Most of the time the parties I'm in do not involve a Force-type that likes to buff a lot, believe it or not. So when I start buffing people, they tend to like me, a lot. Even if you can only use level 1 buffs, it's better than nothing. It also makes soloing a hell of a lot nicer.

And contrary to popular belief, yes, some of us DO run out of Bullets sometimes, so a PP Save unit doesn't hurt in the least. Go crazy with the Head units too, to boost up your low TP.