PDA

View Full Version : Some PSO things you'd like to see in PSU?

XCOPY
Feb 4, 2007, 07:56 PM
I've really been missing all the cool stuff you could get in the older game. It would be interesting for me to see how these things would fit in PSU:

-Elysion
-Sorceror's Cane
-Hildetorrs
-Prophets of Motav
-Sigh of a God(coolest name ever for a weapon, imo)
-that Tsumikiri sword
-Last Survivor sword(*I'd just like to see real blades for a change. Everything is photon energy blades. That gets boring if EVERY weapon is designed like that. Energy effects could still come into play when using PAs.)
-Sinow Beats and Golds. They could be like the grunts or low-level versions of the new Grinnas.
-Aura Field, Flame Garment, and Smoking Plate Armour

*and these are only the things that immediately come to mind for me.

So far, it just seems like PSO had a superior lineup of weaponry and general "stuff". There seemed to be more originality in the design of the "stuff" you could get. Anyway, I just really miss these things, and I think their presence in PSU would make things more interesting. Perhaps there is hope for the future expansion, if that indeed becomes a reality.

Any old things in particular you'd like to see? Discuss.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: XCOPY on 2007-02-04 16:57 ]</font>

NPCMook
Feb 4, 2007, 07:58 PM
-Mags(Not really)

They have animated armors, kind of, extra slot units like the Black Heart give off a visual effect(like black smoke emmiting form your character)

Esufer
Feb 4, 2007, 08:00 PM
YAMIGARASU.

That is all.

EDIT: I'm actually shocked the Elsydeon hasn't been thrown in for fans. Even under it's Elysion guise.

I quoted instead of editing, i'm a mong.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Reigast on 2007-02-04 17:05 ]</font>

Starrz
Feb 4, 2007, 08:02 PM
FSOD
NOLing
Corruption

XCOPY
Feb 4, 2007, 08:04 PM
yeah, Black Heart is nice....I want to see more stuff like that...visually interesting "gear" for characters. So far, there's only Black Heart, Whitll Wings and...Safety Heart(edit--ah, and there's Electro Heart)....I'm really hoping that's not the extent of the cool visible armours/units.

The variety of "cool stuff" to see and get....that was one of the strengths of PSO that made it so addictive.

Branch of Paku Paku, that was another one. Dark Flow would be nice too...as long as it didn't suck this time.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: XCOPY on 2007-02-04 17:06 ]</font>

nooblet
Feb 4, 2007, 08:07 PM
I would like pan arms blades (sp) back. Very stylish.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: nooblet on 2007-02-04 17:10 ]</font>

Sychosis
Feb 4, 2007, 08:09 PM
On 2007-02-04 17:02, Starrz wrote:
FSOD
NOLing
Corruption

Sunwind
Feb 4, 2007, 08:14 PM
err, I think you mean RSOD.

AC9breaker
Feb 4, 2007, 08:17 PM
Sinows... all kinds.

Imperial Pick spin.

Sunwind
Feb 4, 2007, 08:20 PM
crazy tune, akiko's wok, monkey bar?

Ryno
Feb 4, 2007, 08:27 PM
Disk:
ANTI level 7 ,
Reverser,
and Ryuker
...(LOL)...

i'd like to see forces use their canes, rods, and wands as an attack weapon just like pso. because in psu you just use your technic with those weapons.

Cerberus1981
Feb 4, 2007, 08:28 PM
Crazy Tune
Toy Hammer

I loved the original, quirky weapons.

Tahldon
Feb 4, 2007, 08:38 PM
Those legendary Rings (ie: The one that you got for beating challenge mode a certain way.)

Naturally I'd take an orange one >.>

Oh and Delsaber.. *sigh* He struck fear into my heart.. honestly. Bil is a nice addition but Delsaber literally made me run away because he was so.. fearsome....>.>;;

Shiro_Ryuu
Feb 4, 2007, 08:43 PM
medium sized katanas, specifically, twin sabers that look more like katanas.

Ryo_Hayasa
Feb 4, 2007, 08:44 PM
I agree i want olden style weapons, steel bladed swords and Katanas. Metal guns that used actual Metal bullets.

Weakness
Feb 4, 2007, 09:16 PM
On 2007-02-04 17:44, Ryo_Hayasa wrote:
I agree i want olden style weapons, steel bladed swords and Katanas. Metal guns that used actual Metal bullets.

Yasminkov series how I miss the.

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_cry.gif Serious, do you realize how cute my ForteGunner would look with a Yasminkov 7000? I mean COME ON, she is small, chibi, and would have a big ass shotgun!

Ravennittes
Feb 4, 2007, 09:18 PM
Yasimonkov 0002 ^.^ .

Anyways, the Sorcerer's Staff = Gaozoran Rod for all intensive perposes.

I'd like to see Grants again.

kthxbye

Weakness
Feb 4, 2007, 09:21 PM
On 2007-02-04 18:18, Ravennittes wrote:
Yasimonkov 0002 ^.^ .

Anyways, the Sorcerer's Staff = Gaozoran Rod for all intensive perposes.

I'd like to see Grants again.

kthxbye

Thought they have grants? Isn't that white ball that enemies shoot in Agata Relics grants?

Ravennittes
Feb 4, 2007, 09:22 PM
I can't use it http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif. I meant the OLD grants though.

Nani-chan
Feb 4, 2007, 09:34 PM
One lobby that leads to every mission

Sekani
Feb 4, 2007, 09:38 PM
?SPECIAL WEAPON

Itoshi
Feb 4, 2007, 09:50 PM
On 2007-02-04 18:38, Sekani wrote:
?SPECIAL WEAPON

Mattardo
Feb 4, 2007, 09:52 PM
SONICE KNUCKLES!

CaptainBitter
Feb 4, 2007, 09:52 PM
On 2007-02-04 18:34, Nani-chan wrote:
One lobby that leads to every mission

This one wins.

Trayven
Feb 4, 2007, 10:04 PM
Telepipes are really the only thing I think would be useful to have in PSU.

Howard_Moon
Feb 4, 2007, 10:22 PM
PB / Nano or something for human chars... Ryuker would be cool too ..

Nearly all the old weapons would be nice too as they all looked differnt instead of the same as they seem to on Psu :/

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Howard_Moon on 2007-02-04 19:23 ]</font>

Garnet_Moon
Feb 4, 2007, 10:31 PM
Weapons:

Hildeblue Cane (C'mon, who didn't love hearing Monkies everytime you did something?)
Delsaber's Buster

Armor:
Standstill Shield
Shield of Delsaber

Extra Slot:
Chu Chu Fever

DummieAcount
Feb 4, 2007, 10:33 PM
Crazy Tune
Panzer/Iron Faust.

Sha Sha
Feb 4, 2007, 10:38 PM
Delbiters, I bet they can take out most of the newer monsters I swear you are ALWAYS run over by them =D

SolomonGrundy
Feb 4, 2007, 11:11 PM
and armor with special abilities: yas 9000M, chain sawd, holy ray, madame's parasol

add slots
*/battle units

ryeenae
Feb 4, 2007, 11:16 PM
I miss state/maintainance, though I think that would kind of break PSU since status effects play a much, much larger role this time around.

ZeldaSerenade
Feb 4, 2007, 11:21 PM
S-Rank Weapons.

I miss being able to name my sabers and swords whatever I wanted them to... =(

Besides that...
1) Meteor Cudgel
2) Demolition Comet
3) Blade Dance/Bloody Art/Cross Scar
4) Old-school FOmarl wardrobes
5) Huge Battle Fan (I loved the popping noises it made!)
6) Battle mode
7) GIBBLES!!

Umberger
Feb 4, 2007, 11:27 PM
I miss every enemy dropping rare weapons.

Well I know not every enemy could drop a rare weapon, but there were so many rare weapons, it seemed like it. I wouldn't mind if they were B or C ranks either...just more unique weapons.

EphekZ
Feb 4, 2007, 11:45 PM
Seabed and towers.

zanotam
Feb 4, 2007, 11:46 PM
um how about good music?

LordJoe
Feb 4, 2007, 11:52 PM
*clears throat*
it does have good music
Huge Battle Fan is out and you can find one for about 15k in player stores (in dingle and double and makes the popping sound you speak of)
There are lots of low lvl (3-6*)unique items ( you can tell if they can only be synthed once or if they require gemstones)
lots of enemies drop rares (just not as often as in PSO)

Weakness
Feb 4, 2007, 11:59 PM
On 2007-02-04 20:52, LordJoe wrote:
*clears throat*
it does have good music
Huge Battle Fan is out and you can find one for about 15k in player stores (in dingle and double and makes the popping sound you speak of)
There are lots of low lvl (3-6*)unique items ( you can tell if they can only be synthed once or if they require gemstones)
lots of enemies drop rares (just not as often as in PSO)

You're joking about the music right?

The battle fan is there, but it isn't a sword any more.

What are these special low level weapons do you speak of? We currently have two legit S rank weapons available (Crea Double, Halarod), Crea weapons, Fluorescent Bulb, and the fan... other then that, most weapons look exactly the same, with a little bit of a color change.

Finding a 7* synth material isn't exactly the same as finding an Agito off a Pal Rappy now is it?

Nia
Feb 5, 2007, 12:07 AM
SLICERS!!!

ljkkjlcm9
Feb 5, 2007, 12:08 AM
the music is pretty bad, and very repetitive

I want slicers back, or at least another melee-ish ranged weapon that hits multiple targets.

THE JACKEL

Mistle22
Feb 5, 2007, 12:13 AM
I would like the areas to be easier to access. Instead of doing countless missions just to get to a certain mission -_-.

Also, a bank where you don't have to leave your party. It's annoying when you're in a lobby after a mission with your party, and you want to deposit something. You have to go all the way back to your room, lose your party and location, just to deposit an item.

LordJoe
Feb 5, 2007, 12:19 AM
omg ok
you can find 7* weapon boards rares. i have one. its called daga cresa it is a rare weapon. doesnt have to be s rank to be rare. its just semi-rare and cool http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_cool.gif

have to find it

natewifi
Feb 5, 2007, 12:52 AM
LoL most of he stuff everyone is talking about, you will never have in PSU.

Heaven Punisher, Orotiagito, Guardianna, Holy Ray, Windmill, Evil Curst, Caduceus, Demonic Fork, Angel Harp, Guilty Light, Red Scorpio, Egg Blaster, Ruby Bullet, Blade Dance (with way more power), Bloody Art (with way more power), Cross Scar (with way more power), Crazy Tune, Demolition Comet, Double Cannon, Lavis Cannon, Lavis Blades, Drill Launcher, Rocket Punch (a mixture of fist and twin handguns), Flight Cutter, Plantain Fan, Plantain Huge Fan, Flight Fan, a fan made of feathers like Gal Wind, Inferno Bazooka, Psycho Gun, Soul Banish, Meteor Cudgel, Nug Bazooka, Rikas Claw, Dancing Hitogata, Flame Visit, Rainbow Baton, Prophets of Motav, Madams Parasol, Madams Umbrella, Morning Glory, Zanba.

natewifi
Feb 5, 2007, 12:54 AM
PVP, and im set forever.

BigGoldRobot
Feb 5, 2007, 02:36 AM
Visibile armors, some better music, and a beach level....yeah a kick ass beach level

Shaidar
Feb 5, 2007, 04:20 AM
Certain weapons (like Guilty Light, Sange and Yasha, Last Survivor (the old school metal sword)..and so on), more interesting enviroments and the superior design the mech mobs of PSO had.

Syl
Feb 5, 2007, 04:46 AM
BRING BACK TEH LAVIS WEAPONS!!!

...and everything concerned w/ ruins (music, Delsabers, etc.)

It would be awesome if you could play through the old mission from PSO days in PSU style. For example, have the whole Ruins level be a mission w/ all the enemies, maybe revamp em a bit. They could drop old PSO rares (like the weapons and such) for old times sakes.

AweOfShe
Feb 5, 2007, 12:57 PM
Demolition Comet. <3

CrabRangoon
Feb 5, 2007, 01:17 PM
Eh, literally *every* single thing I'd want back or re-made for this game from the classic has already been mentioned. In short, though:
TelePipes - public bank (not My Room) - Sinow Beats - quicker melee/smarter AI enemies - more ranged enemies - crazy/silly/unique/SEGA-related weapons - more strategic/tricky bosses (flying 80% of the battle doesn't count) - Dark Falz (straight up same boss fight from PSO, maybe tweaked a LITTLE, but just as a fan-appreciation kinda mission) - cool enemy sounds (like the horseman before he'd rush you, etc) - Slicers - Rappy's faking death - storyish missions that didnt require cut-scenes of standing and talking way too much (at least I could run and fight while Kireek would babble!) - finally: S-BEATS BLADES (never leave home w/o free Shifta+Deband!)
(on a smaller scale, I really miss the seperation of a shield and frame for the armor types, as well as 3-6 attacks to have attached to a set of weapons [mostly hard + v.hard attack])

Jasam
Feb 5, 2007, 01:40 PM
Sythes
Electro Frame

Cool Bosses (OLga, Falz, Griffin... ftw)
Unique areas (Waterfall room, s shaped room e.t.c)
Puzzles, Like the difficulty of the ruins/seabed to naviagte (Come on... kill monsters, get key by gate, go to the next nearly identical room makes it pritty boring)

chibiLegolas
Feb 5, 2007, 01:53 PM
Let the Phantasy Star Gawds please grant us back PSO's quick message chat with multiple language options!

And let our PM's evolved forms look like some of PSO's mags. Plus let them fight too!
I wanna see cute little creature familiars pecking at mobs!

Sc0pe
Feb 5, 2007, 02:14 PM
Ragol

Sexy_Raine
Feb 5, 2007, 02:26 PM
A Hell Raygun with 100% hit.
The Baranz laucher.

Scejntjynahl
Feb 5, 2007, 02:38 PM
On 2007-02-05 10:40, Jasam wrote:
Sythes
Electro Frame

There is an Electro Frame on PSU. Just not exclusive to Casts anymore. Goes in your extra slot in the armor you wear. It gives off the same visual as the old Electro Frame on PSO, except it actually looks like lightingn versus purple rays >.>

Akaimizu
Feb 5, 2007, 02:41 PM
What I want from PSO:

I also would love the PSO multi-language Quickchat back, as well. I had a lot of good games, with people overseas, with it.

The funny Soccer lobbies, where you can have fun just kicking a ball around. The Hunters, back then, had more provisions for R&R. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif Oddly enough, the ball portion of this aspect was copied in Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles. (Wierd but true)

The old Sync stat of Mags, which normally meant they reacted better with what was needed. Of course, this might change if ST starts to make that PM Battle Stat truly work.

What I don't want from PSO:

Some annoying NPC that seems to never fail to block your path, trying to get back to your mission, with a phrase that typically starts: "Do you know?" (Episode 1 Pioneer 2 anyone?)

Galaxox
Feb 5, 2007, 02:42 PM
the gene flow or however its spells, since it wasnt legal in pso

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Galaxox on 2007-02-05 11:42 ]</font>

Jife_Jifremok
Feb 5, 2007, 06:18 PM
I want to see the weapons that I never had the chance to see in PSO. (I was offline, Bluefull and only played for about 80 hours, up to Ultimate before I finally said fuck it.)

I want to see the monsters and bosses that, apparently, are too chickenshit to fight against the Guardians who have far better targeting (actually, lack thereof!), camera, and movement controls than their Hunter predecessors.

I want to see some of those chat and lobby things like soccer, Symbol Chat and the multilingual whatsit that the folks here are raving about in this thread. (I was offline, so...)

omegapirate2k
Feb 5, 2007, 06:20 PM
Kireek

Zero-mx
Feb 5, 2007, 06:22 PM
Steel blades would be pretty sweet I think. But would they have no element efficiency?
I remember that way back before PSU came out, I think I heard someone talking about having a katana subset, guess that's not true, but it would be cool if they added it.

Jozon
Feb 5, 2007, 06:23 PM
my freaking agito AUW 1975, not some stupid replica -_-

Puppet_Papaya
Feb 5, 2007, 07:58 PM
I can't believe nobody has mentioned the Broom. I want my Broom back. But this time, make it a Photon Broom!

PsyGuy
Feb 5, 2007, 08:05 PM
Sinows, Del Rol, those Mosquito things, Locusta's, Delsabers.

Stuff it just bring the Mines and Sea bed back.

Mags or non lollibot Pm's. Opa-Opa, Morolian, Kapu-Kapu etc.

Cool lookin Shields.

Talis, Gush Spreads, Diska of Liberator, Rika's Claw, Nei Claw, Guilty Light, Inferno Bazooka

Magic with lock ons.

Kireek. Why not hes already got the costume.

PsyGuy
Feb 5, 2007, 08:15 PM
Id love some classic stuff back too,

Esper Mansion, Myau Cave. Ron Ron dump.
Nei First and her Biomonsters at the Climatrol.
Mother Brain and her Mechs on Noah Space ship
Sky port Skure.
Church of Zio.
Rykros.
Wren.
An actual Landale hero.
The Elysdeon.
Classic Dark Falz design.

Not that it would ever happen, but even just 1 or 2 of these things would rock my world.

foamcup
Feb 5, 2007, 08:24 PM
On 2007-02-05 10:17, CrabRangoon wrote:
Eh, literally *every* single thing I'd want back or re-made for this game from the classic has already been mentioned. In short, though:
TelePipes - public bank (not My Room) - Sinow Beats - quicker melee/smarter AI enemies - more ranged enemies - crazy/silly/unique/SEGA-related weapons - more strategic/tricky bosses (flying 80% of the battle doesn't count) - Dark Falz (straight up same boss fight from PSO, maybe tweaked a LITTLE, but just as a fan-appreciation kinda mission) - cool enemy sounds (like the horseman before he'd rush you, etc) - Slicers - Rappy's faking death - storyish missions that didnt require cut-scenes of standing and talking way too much (at least I could run and fight while Kireek would babble!) - finally: S-BEATS BLADES (never leave home w/o free Shifta+Deband!)
(on a smaller scale, I really miss the seperation of a shield and frame for the armor types, as well as 3-6 attacks to have attached to a set of weapons [mostly hard + v.hard attack])

S-Beats had a Demon special, S-Red had the Shifta/Deband special.

I just want the whole atmosphere of PSO. First time I saw Pan-Arms I was flipping out. Dark, dingy caves, huge ass monster popping up, I was all like "It's not taking damage! RUN AWAY!" And no, I never played any of the older games, so that was my first time seeing one. I only bought PSO because EGM's review had the words 'Railgun +5' and I jumped on that. Of course I realized later that the railgun is just a different color handgun, but by then I didn't care. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Rasputin
Feb 5, 2007, 08:25 PM
Symbol Chat, symbol chat, and.... symbol chat.

VanHalen
Feb 5, 2007, 08:30 PM
On 2007-02-04 17:09, Sychosis wrote:

On 2007-02-04 17:02, Starrz wrote:
FSOD
NOLing
Corruption

i want ethan'ing

Ryo_Hayasa
Feb 5, 2007, 08:48 PM
On 2007-02-05 15:22, Zero-mx wrote:
Steel blades would be pretty sweet I think. But would they have no element efficiency?
I remember that way back before PSU came out, I think I heard someone talking about having a katana subset, guess that's not true, but it would be cool if they added it.

Hmm you could have a Katana with an elemental glow, or aura to it, or maybe, just a Katana with no shown "affect" but it could still have an element. Ooo, what if steel weapons could cause SEs?

Then again that would make alot of FOs and RAs angry huh?

Sayara
Feb 5, 2007, 11:34 PM
You know, i was tempted to say Rabbit Wand, but then I'd have to be a Force again.

RABBIT STICK for ONE HAND LOL YES.
Meleeing with a Mage weapon too. :|

Lman90245
Feb 6, 2007, 12:37 AM
Rikas Claw: http://homepage3.nifty.com/2sen/pso/SW_/ETC/RIKA'S-CLAW.jpg
and
Heart of Poumn: http://www.miateam.de/psoglossar/bilder/Heart_of_Poumn1.jpg

EDIT: almost forgot
Soul Banish: http://homepage3.nifty.com/2sen/pso/SW_/PARTISAN/SBANISH.jpg

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Lman90245 on 2007-02-05 21:44 ]</font>

FANTASHEVA
Feb 6, 2007, 06:06 AM
The Telepipe...definetely.

hyperacute
Feb 6, 2007, 07:40 AM
C Mode, Arrest and Demons.

RadiantLegend
Feb 6, 2007, 02:40 PM
Zanba

Scejntjynahl
Feb 6, 2007, 02:56 PM
My old departed PSO HUcaseal. That is what I would like to see.

Jonty
Feb 6, 2007, 04:27 PM
Everything ^_^