PDA

View Full Version : Presents...

Lord_Draco
Feb 4, 2007, 11:15 PM
I've always wondered about player shops that offer "Present Lotteries." I find them pretty suspicious and was wondering has anyone ever bought presents from player shops and if so, have you ever got the "lottery item." Just curious really because I've seen more appear recently.

DarkSeph
Feb 4, 2007, 11:17 PM
On 2007-02-04 20:15, Lord_Draco wrote:
I've always wondered about player shops that offer "Present Lotteries." I find them pretty suspicious and was wondering has anyone ever bought presents from player shops and if so, have you ever got the "lottery item." Just curious really because I've seen more appear recently.

Most of the time......they are fake!

And No, I haven't been burned before....but trust me, they are! Or do you want to play with Fire?

Rashiid
Feb 4, 2007, 11:18 PM
scams, i really see no point in having presents...

Arigan
Feb 4, 2007, 11:21 PM
presents are actually extremely useful if you make grinders, lets you store them really easily as you can put 99 into one present

Umberger
Feb 4, 2007, 11:22 PM
I've seen times where they have 10* items in them...that's the only time I can really think of it being "worth it".

There's not really any bad 10* items...unless you don't like the Relic Edges or something.

Retehi
Feb 4, 2007, 11:25 PM
Don't rely on the number of stars on it. More than likely it's a Linear Line, or Kerseline. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

In other words, no, I don't buy those from player shops.

Rashiid
Feb 4, 2007, 11:25 PM
Junaline, Berilad, all that crap, i get mad when i get it...

only useful rare for me is any type of weapon 7* +

synth stuff = junk

R2D6battlebot
Feb 4, 2007, 11:26 PM
Dude, the easy way to find out if its a scam or not is to search the item and see if it comes up. The item will come up in asearch wheter or not its wrapped as a present, so if they advertise a Crea Doubles and they dont show up in the search, its a big fat scam. Also, dont buy presents that are 10* just because they are 10 stars, most people are buying the Dark Falkis statue board for 5k in NPC shops, wrapping it, and trying to sell it for 50k or more just to make a little cash. Have some common sense guys, dont buy them.

Rashiid
Feb 4, 2007, 11:31 PM
^ cant say i can agree, everytime ive searched sumthin, it was always theyre, whether crazii priced or just the board for it (MAN i h8 that!)

and i search stuff allot

they should narrow the seach, im sick of looking for Gi-senba's, then they give me Hiragi-senba

I WANTED NORMAL GI!! :ggrrr:

Umberger
Feb 4, 2007, 11:40 PM
On 2007-02-04 20:26, R2D6battlebot wrote:
Dude, the easy way to find out if its a scam or not is to search the item and see if it comes up. The item will come up in asearch wheter or not its wrapped as a present, so if they advertise a Crea Doubles and they dont show up in the search, its a big fat scam. Also, dont buy presents that are 10* just because they are 10 stars, most people are buying the Dark Falkis statue board for 5k in NPC shops, wrapping it, and trying to sell it for 50k or more just to make a little cash. Have some common sense guys, dont buy them.

Well I wouldn't pay 50k for any present...and I completely forgot about the statue's board. But in all actuality, I would never buy/have never bought a present.

The only times I go to a player shop are when I'm looking for a certain item...I never do it to just browse.

NPCMook
Feb 5, 2007, 12:10 AM
Truly if they wanted it to be a lottery, they would sell the wrapped items at a Fairly low price, once I actually am able to get into Synthing good items, Maybe I'll host an actual legit one http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

LordJoe
Feb 5, 2007, 12:32 AM
well if you are on PS2 or PC i dont see why you cant buy a 10* present for 5 mil or up you would only do yourself good. and if you worry about getting the torphy how did you get to that shop without searching for junaline or goldania? if you did search for those then it HAS to be in at least one of the presents lol

R2D6battlebot
Feb 5, 2007, 12:37 AM
just because a shop has presents doesnt mean you got there by searching. 'Recommended shops' for the loss?

Lord_Draco
Feb 5, 2007, 06:40 AM
I also found by searching ads the said item can pop up in the shop list...so the moral of the story, many of the lotteries are scams lol.

Mikeal
Feb 5, 2007, 06:52 AM
<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mikeal on 2007-02-05 10:40 ]</font>