PDA

View Full Version : PSU-XBox 360: Future Event: The Tour de Gurhal! [CANCELED]

Sychosis
Feb 5, 2007, 02:20 PM
UNFORTUNATELY THE TOUR DE GURHAL IS CANCELED DUE TO LACK OF INTEREST

IMPORTANT LINKS
Original Thread (http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=134628&forum=20&35)
Team Assignment Method (http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=134704&forum=20&6)
Entry Fee/Prizes (http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=134664&forum=20&14)
Sign-ups (http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=134888&forum=20&1)

--------------------------------------------------

The basic idea behind this is to have teams race to complete all 24 currently available free missions, on the highest difficulty possible, competing for cash and (maybe) prizes!

Now I like the Democratic process, so I want as many rules/regulations as possible to be voted on by contestants. I would like to see it span multiple days as not to drive people insane, but once again, I'll leave that up to the participants to decide later on.

Before we get into that however, we would need some actual participants. So I need anyone interested to let me know whether you would like to participate. If you would like to participate, then estimate how long you would be available per day. Even if this doesn't sound like your cup of tea, gimme an approximation of how long you could play. Any extra info helps!

Now I know we all have hectic schedules and you may not be able to play on a given day, but give your best possible guess.

--------------------------------------------------

***TENTATIVE RULES***
(Subject to change)

HOW IT WORKS
Your registered characters are placed into 1 of 4 Divisions based on character level. Within each Division are Teams. Teams are parties composed of 5 players selected from within your Division. Players will not be allowed to join more than one(1) team within a division.

Teams will compete against each other in a race to complete all currently available missions on a difficulty corresponding to your Division. A cumulative total of completion times for every mission will be kept. The Team with the lowest cumulative completion time within each Division will be the winners of their Division. You do NOT have to S rank each mission! You are going for the fastest completion time possible!

TEAM ASSIGNMENT
As the poll regarding how Teams should be assigned ended in a draw, Teams will be assigned as follows:

Team Leaders will choose two other members to be on his/her Team. After all Teams of 3 has been established, 1 member will be assigned randomly, then the Team Leaders will select 1 member from the pool of remaining players, starting with the lowest level Team Leaders in each Division.

ELIGIBILITY
Participants do not have to be PSOW members.
Each qualifying team must have a Team Leader/Captain to report completion times. Completion times must be reported to me (Sychosis) in game, via XBL, or PM on PSOW.
You MUST meet the minimum level requirements, and cannot exceed the maximum level for your Division AT THE BEGINNING OF THE COMPETITION in order to participate. NO EXCEPTIONS.

EXCEEDING THE LEVEL CAP
Should a teammate's level exceed the level cap for their Division before the conclusion of the Tour de Gurhal, a time penalty will be added on to the scores for all runs afterwards for that Team. The penalties will vary by leg and will be multiplied for Teams with 2 or more members exceeding the cap and/or Teams with members exceeding the cap by more than 1 level.

Example: If the penalty for a given leg is 8 seconds, a team will have 8 seconds added onto their times if one party member is 1 level higher than the cap. 16 seconds if two members are 1 level above the cap, and 16 seconds if one member is 2 levels above the cap.

OFF HOUR RUNS
To make this event as large as possible Teams who are unable to make it to official meets are able to request an off hour run at any time after an official meet has ended until Midnight EST the night before the next official meet.

If your Team can be fit in after a meet but before a weekday (M-F) there will be no charge. To run a leg during a weekday however, there will be a small fee to pay per teammate.

Please do not expect to always be able to run a leg during the week. While I myself am usually available, there will be times when I, or any staff members, will be unable to accompany your team.

The fees will be outlined further below.

DIVISIONS
In the interest of fairness, Teams will compete against each other in Divisions. Basically, Divisions separate Teams by level ranges and difficulty levels. Each Division spans roughly 14 levels with each minimum being the lowest level a character can accept ALL missions within their given difficulty.

Rogue Division
Eligible Character Levels: 10-24
Players in the Rogue Division compete in C difficulty missions.

Communion Division
Eligible Character Levels: 25-39
Players in the Communion Division compete in B difficulty missions.

AMF Division
Eligible Character Levels: 40-54
Players in the AMF Division compete in A difficulty missions.

Guardians Division
Eligible Character Levels: 55+
Players in the Guardians Division compete in S difficulty missions.

APPLICABLE FEES
Registration Fees
You must pay a registration fee for every character who participates.

Registration fees vary by Division as follows:

Guardians Division - 15,000m
AMF Division - 10,000m
Communion Division - 7,500m
Rogue Division - 5,000m

Off hour run fees vary by Division as follows:

Guardians Division - 1,500m per teammate
AMF Division - 1,000m per teammate
Communion Division - 750m per teammate
Rogue Division - 500m per teammate

If a player wishes to participate with multiple characters he/she must pay a separate registration fee for each character participating.

All fees are used for payouts to the winners of each Division.

MISSION ORDER
Aurelianis suggested this basic map split into 2 legs per planet with as little overlapping and mission canceling as possible:

Guardian's Colony:
Group 1(2): Unsafe Passage, Fight For Food
Group 2(1): Dark Satellite

Parum:
Group 1(3): Mad Creatures, Sleeping Warriors, Plains Overlord
Group 2(5): Train Rescue, Lab Recovery, The Mad Beasts, Endrum Remnants, The Dual Sentinel

Neudaiz:
Group 1(4): Forested Islands, Grove of Fanatics, Rainbow Beast, The Holy Ground
Group 2(3): Mizuraki Defense, Moonlight Beast, Demons Above

Moatoob:
Group 1(3): System Defense, Desert Terror, Tunnel Recapture
Group 2(3): Valley of Carnage, Mine Defense, Desert Goliath

CHEATING
Anyone found cheating, whether by fellow participants, myself, or a moderator, will forfeit any previously paid meseta. An entire Team may be disqualified at my discretion if a teammate is found cheating.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sychosis on 2007-02-28 12:31 ]</font>

omegapirate2k
Feb 5, 2007, 02:20 PM
...explain the premise of this event, please.

Akaimizu
Feb 5, 2007, 02:22 PM
It's hard enough to get constant parties going, as it is. It may be a higher demand than most can make.

Esufer
Feb 5, 2007, 02:26 PM
I am so on this.

Sychosis
Feb 5, 2007, 02:27 PM
Well all the details are up in the air. I want to keep it as community run as possible so nothing is really set in stone. I can however give you the rules as *I* would like them if you want.

And yes, I know. It is quite a daunting task, which is why I want to see how much interest there is. The way I would like it set up would see every person who has participated on a team, no matter the number of missions, would get a cut. There will most likely be an entry fee (as I'm one broke bastid http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif) so if you really can't devote the time, you may lose money, even if you participated in the winning team(s).

I would also like to see it split over at least 2 days like I said.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sychosis on 2007-02-05 11:29 ]</font>

Itchee
Feb 5, 2007, 02:29 PM
If we're talkin about doin this on tha weekend....I might be down...

Ravennittes
Feb 5, 2007, 02:37 PM
I can play 4-6 hours on a weekday and all day on a weekend ^.^

omegapirate2k
Feb 5, 2007, 02:50 PM
Good idea, Sychosis. I MIGHT be able to do this on a weekend, it's a big might though.

It seems pretty hard though, because some teams might be made up of all level 70 members, while some teams might just be made of a bunch of level 55-60 chars. Some missions are nearly impossible to do on S rank for a team just at the minimum level requirement.

We'll have to figure out some way of balancing out ranks to accurately suit team levels.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: omegapirate2k on 2007-02-05 11:52 ]</font>

Sychosis
Feb 5, 2007, 03:25 PM
That's the spirit! I want to try to get as many details as possible hammered out by friday. This likely won't take place until the 24th at the earliest, so if you want to play, better get training!

Questions, comments, suggestions, criticisms, flames? Let me know! I'm a man...I can take it!

Parn
Feb 5, 2007, 03:31 PM
There's no way I'd be able to level up fast enough to be able to effectively participate, but I shall be in the area to strut nonetheless!

JAFO22000
Feb 5, 2007, 03:38 PM
How would one keep track of this? There doesn't seem to be any control. If this is a contest, expect people to cheat. If you want to make it no money involved/let's see who can do it fastest/honor system, then good. I'm sure people would be skipping missions (on purpose and by mistake) and there is no good way of ensuring completion outlined in your plan.

Oh yeah, and you should throw in a Bruce's!!!!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: JAFO22000 on 2007-02-05 12:38 ]</font>

Sychosis
Feb 5, 2007, 04:00 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

One of many details I plan on clearing up asap.

What I would like to see is a status report after each completed mission from team leaders. Including:

Member Names
Completion Time
Difficulty
Incapacitations
And next planned mission

Additionally, I will require all participants to give me their partner card before hand so I can keep track of who is where, as I don't plan on participating myself. I would imagine keeping track of what's going on would be a full time job http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

If anyone would like to join the staff and assist in checking up on players and providing me with a means of quickly jumping around to various lobbys that would be greatly appreciated.

If you do join the staff you will be paid for standing around and chatting essentially, not a bad deal IMO.

IF we decide to go on the honor system with nothing at stake but bragging rights, I doubt I would need much control.

As for adding Bruce's...that's actually a very good idea. Not just for the awesomeness that is Bruce, but limiting groups to 5 would make winnings (if applicable) distributed by a more round number and allow me and staff to randomly check in on teams.

Jonty
Feb 5, 2007, 04:23 PM
My God that sounds like a daunting task... For you, Sychosis! o_0
I however, may be interested if its at the weekend. May. It's a nice idea, if a little time destroying ^_^

UnknownFox
Feb 5, 2007, 04:37 PM
if each team could be worked into having at least one member able to do pictures or vids would make cheating a lot harder and easyer to see who has done what and when but the only problem with that is i dont know how many 360 users have cap cards but it was just an idea i had cuz we used that a lot in my old halo clan when we did turnys one person per match would film it to make sure nothing was fishy.

Esufer
Feb 5, 2007, 04:45 PM
On 2007-02-05 12:31, Parn wrote:
There's no way I'd be able to level up fast enough to be able to effectively participate, but I shall be in the area to strut nonetheless!

I could get you to the appropriate level. trust me.

I am king of the grind.

A2K
Feb 5, 2007, 04:54 PM
To be honest I'm not too keen on the competition aspect of it. Too many different factors and variables to keep track of, in addition to, in my honest opinion, rendering a 'level playing field' all but impossible. I see something more along the lines of "let's all meet in one place, attack a mission together, gather in the next lobby--take some pictures, whatever--then all attack the next one, etc." More of a mass journey/marathon/traveling festival type thing.

By the time this actually happens, The Incredible Dulk(TM) [mission name subject to change] should be up shouldn't it? That would obviously go right after Dark Satellite.

It's like Forest to Falz! or to Flow... Saint-Milion? Passage to Fakis? Doesn't quite have the same ring to it...

McLaughlin
Feb 5, 2007, 04:57 PM
I wish I could participate, but I tend to be a liability due to my responsibilities around the house.

Sychosis
Feb 5, 2007, 05:39 PM
On 2007-02-05 13:54, A2K wrote:
To be honest I'm not too keen on the competition aspect of it. Too many different factors and variables to keep track of, in addition to, in my honest opinion, rendering a 'level playing field' all but impossible. I see something more along the lines of "let's all meet in one place, attack a mission together, gather in the next lobby--take some pictures, whatever--then all attack the next one, etc." More of a mass journey/marathon/traveling festival type thing.

By the time this actually happens, The Incredible Dulk(TM) [mission name subject to change] should be up shouldn't it? That would obviously go right after Dark Satellite.

It's like Forest to Falz! or to Flow... Saint-Milion? Passage to Fakis? Doesn't quite have the same ring to it...

I totally understand where you're coming from. I introduced the competition aspect to get people to stick around longer. One thing I learned from my incomplete world tour, is that people leave. A lot actually, whether it be boredom, loss of an S rank (someone actually left our party after a few megid deaths in LLS), or a prolonged "break" (>.>). I wanted some reason to keep people around and stick with it.

"Bragging rights" is an interesting option though. I'm not entirely sure how much perseverance bragging rights will inspire, but I might be pleasantly surprised. You never know.

As for The Incredible Dulk™ I'm sure we can work him in, but I hear he's quite the spirit breaker in his own right.

But yes, I think this needs a catchier name...

EDIT: And about leveling the playing field, I was actually thinking in the shower (You mean you DON'T think about PSU while bathing?!) and thought it might be possible to have a sort of "draft" where Teams select players one at a time, starting with the lowest level Leader.

Just picking high level people isn't enough, you would want to diversify your team as well as take people you can get along with. No sense bringing Joe Schmoe along if you know you hate his guts and he'd sooner suicide than help you out.

Of course this raises concerns about reliability...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sychosis on 2007-02-05 14:49 ]</font>

Tahldon
Feb 5, 2007, 05:51 PM
This is pretty interesting.. *Etna grin*

Though, if you want to keep the "system" down to numbers, why not tally up the number of groups that'll be playing and assign a trustworthy team leader to each.

I'm sure there won't be like 300 groups running around, probably 10 groups TOPS. 10 Groups with 6 people in each is alot.

I wonder if I'm making sense here..

Sychosis
Feb 5, 2007, 05:57 PM
I feel ya. I'd rather Team Leaders volunteer though since they might have to keep in touch with me a good deal. I'd be flabbergasted (And very happy!) to get 60 participants though. Keeping in line with my entry fee that would put the prize pool at 1.8 million meseta... O.o

And I plan on making a bunch more polls in the coming days...I hope "the man" doesn't keep me down!

Thrash777
Feb 5, 2007, 09:12 PM
Cool, shame I'm always busy on most weekends though...

Sekani
Feb 5, 2007, 10:27 PM
On 2007-02-05 13:57, Obsidian_Knight wrote:
I wish I could participate, but I tend to be a liability due to my responsibilities around the house.

Ryogen
Feb 5, 2007, 10:35 PM
You really gotta test this out a few times to get down this as an event. I can feel some errors here and there when it comes to confirmation and cheating.

Sychosis
Feb 6, 2007, 12:05 AM
...?

Could you...tell me about them at least? Maybe? Pretty please?

Stop being so Nostradamus on me...

MayLee
Feb 6, 2007, 12:18 AM
On 2007-02-05 21:05, Sychosis wrote:
...?

Whoah, that's a big word, I need a dictionary. =

Damn Yov and his words and pronounciations. >=(

Sychosis
Feb 6, 2007, 12:19 AM
Nostradamus is a name...

MayLee
Feb 6, 2007, 12:23 AM
I knew that..I knew that..I was just seeing if you knew...yeah..>_<

*runs off*

SuperRygar
Feb 6, 2007, 02:47 PM
im not on 360, but i did have an idea about eliminating cheating...i think this would work. if you can find enough people, have 1 person standing outside each area. and when a group goes in to do a mission, that person can see that. when the mission is over, they will see them come out. get it? have bouncers. depending on how many group there are it might be doable. im not even entirely sure of the way it works, i only skimmed through the intro. but its basically doing every mission in the game, or the ones on a given list, and seeing who can do them the fastest, right? so before a group goes into the mission, they tell the bouncer. the bouncer records the entry time. and when they come out, they tell the bouncer, and the bouncer records the exit time. if its missions like, LL and then do FFF, then obviously you would have to have someone on each side. also someone might say, well that would count the time it takes to begin the mission and load the level and exit the mission so it adds unwanted time. well, if everybody has the same time added on, its not really affecting anything. it might be a few seconds off, and how accurate can you be with ANY means of recording the time? the other way of recording would be when you finish the mission and gives you a time. does that give seconds too? i cant remember. but the problem with that is you would have to take a screenshot of it and submit it. some people cant do that, or will try and tamper with it and try make a 8 into a 0 or something. so the idea of having pre-approved bouncers, who would have no reason to cheat, take the time times down would eliminate the cheating. or so i think

Sychosis
Feb 6, 2007, 03:02 PM
I was thinking about having some staff (you missed it when you skipped!!!) but I'm not too keen on the idea of having people sit around for hours on end watching the cyber grass grow while they wait for teams to get through. In addition to doing policing, they would have to be available for a good number of hours as well.

I would love to pay them (meseta) for their time, but my lack of funds isn't helping. I do have at least a week and a half though to build up a bankroll for them, and some may even volunteer, but I don't want to build this thing up, then be under staffed and have to call it off.

It would be easier also if there is a set path to take. I guess I'll have to enforce one ::gasp!::

I might have to ask some people to help me with a test scenario and see how well I can keep tabs on people in game.

Thanks though for the advice Rygar (awesome game back in the day BTW), I'm leaning more and more towards "hiring" a staff like you said.

RadiantLegend
Feb 6, 2007, 03:32 PM
I have a rough idea. Instead of reporting to psow after every mission why not have someone stationed at the end lobby and get info needed from the leader and maybe take a group photo Then move on to the next lobby. (Something like a checkpoint)

Better yet, why not set a time limit. Assuming you have 5 groups or so, have someone stationed in each lobby to make sure the right rank is been done and no cheating goes on.
1. Everyone gathers at the lobby. Give them the necessary rules and such. Time limit of ???? amount given (to prevent people from waiting too long). Sign is given for each group to enter the flyer base and start the mission.
2. Someone at the end waits for the arrival of the groups. Notes the time they arrived. The group moves on to the next area.
3. Everyone meets at the end lobby. Results are given. Move on to next planet. Repeat steps.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ragolismine on 2007-02-06 12:40 ]</font>

Sychosis
Feb 6, 2007, 03:44 PM
Having players who can take screen shots (capture card or camera, doesn't matter) doing the staff job is a good idea. I'll be sure to ask them about it. Hopefully I can get at least one http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

JAFO22000
Feb 6, 2007, 04:22 PM
If you'd like some advice, perhaps you should just hold one run (e.g. Neudaiz Flyer Base to Relics) and record each of the teams time taken from start to finish, then start the NEXT run (e.g. Neudaiz Flyer base to GoF), then add their time to the first run time...keep a cumulative time. This may even be MORE exciting for the teams, as they would know how much time they'd have to make up after every leg.

To keep tabs on people, let's take Neudaiz relics as an example:

Firstly, I would suppose you'd need four people to help:

-one to stand by the flyer base.
-two to wait in the lobby after Forested Islands/before Rainbow Beast.
-one to wait after RB/before Relics.

These four people should be able to communicate with each other quickly, via messages or by inviting the others to their party to chat (e.g. they would need each others' partner card, and that card should be set to "1" priority for easy access.

Your participants will start at the flyer base. They should all have thier parties assembled and be standing in a "huddle" with their team, seperated from the others. Tell the first team to name their party "Team 1" the second "Team 2", etc. This way, it's easier to find them and see their progress. Let the teams set their party parameters (rare items or any comment they'd like shown!). I would suggest NOT letting them have a password, for reasons listed below. Have a countdown, then let them start. A real time clock/watch, should also be started to keep track of the time.

Now, once all the teams have started, the first helper at the Neudaiz flyer base can enter and "join party". From here, he can see each team (designated by their number, Team 1, Team 2, etc.) and see exactly what kind of mission they are doing, time spent in the mission and party members.

I would suggest putting a rule in that, if the party ever drops to less than six, that party would have to exit to the previous lobby until the others return. This would be to prevent a party member from "dropping" the party, heading to a different universe, getting to the next base quickly, then inviting the rest of the party. Teams should be allowed to exit the MISSION to recharge at their discretion, but they should not be allowed to leave the PARTY. In case a team member drops because of internet connection problems, the helper should join the party (hence, no p-word for the contestants) and instruct them to head back to the lobby to wait for their teammate to get back on (they can keep their progress up to that point). It is a penalty for that team, but that's the only way to be fair. If their player never returns, they will forfeit all monies paid.

Anyway, this helper should be actively watching the "join party" list and should be keeping tabs on the teams during the first mission of the leg. When a team is getting close to the end (should know this by the time taken) communicate with the person in the next lobby to be prepared for Team X.

When the first team arrives at the next lobby, they must "check in" with one of the helpers in that lobby (who should be standing in a pre-determined area and be highly visible). The helper in the second lobby will verify their time (via real life clock/watch. No other way to be exactly sure of the time when a party ends) and direct them to the next lobby. The party can't advance to the next mission until all of their members are present and the second helper has given them the OK to advance. The OTHER helper in this lobby will then take the role of watching the "join team" screen for the next mission.

When all teams have had their times recorded and have started the second mission, the first and second helpers can then teleport to the Ruins lobby to help out there. There should be one helper still watching parties in the second mission. Repeat the same for all following missions. The timer should be kept running constantly.

At the end, each team will then get their cumulative time score as well as a breakdown per mission (e.g. Team 1 took a total of 59 minutes and 36 seconds to complete the full run. FI took them 20 minutes, RB took them 19 minutes, 36 seconds and Agata Relics took them 20 minutes). Teams should then huddle again and wait for the other teams to arrive. If one team is severely behind, they should be given a message that they are the last team and can either finish or quit and have a set amount of time added to thier total (something that would penalize them, but still be fair and keep them in the hunt). Upon completion by all teams, each team will know their standings (lowest time in the lead, followed by the next lowest, etc) and how far back they are compared to the other teams. Now you can take a break and start another run! At the end of ALL runs, the times for each leg are added and a winner is crowned.

The only problem I can forsee with this is an area such as Agata Relics where it is the same lobby upon completion as it is to begin with. What is to stop a team from standing around in the mission for 12 minutes, then coming out and saying "DONE!!!". I can't think of how to prevent that....

Well, just a couple of thoughts off the top of my head. Do with it as you will.

Sirtaint
Feb 6, 2007, 05:27 PM
i think Veteran has a good idea..... and that way you could even stretch the event to 4 or 5 days (to get the people who can only be on for a few hours at a time). The idea of everyone starting each mish at the same times greatly adds to the "show" if you will.... it'll make things more exciting for people who know they wont come in first (i.e. marathons.... you know your not gonna win but its fun to be neck and neck with them in the heats...).

heres my addition to the equation:

you could have multiple divitions.... 4 ranks: S rank could be like 60+
A could be 40-60
etc. we could work that out later but that would make it fair for people who cant do higher mishes.

all in all this is an awesome idea and im down. sign me up for a team leader (ill throw my team togeather when we get more info) but id definately like to see some sort of level playing feild for my team http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Esufer
Feb 6, 2007, 05:45 PM
Ze solution to cheating is simple.

Screenshots to prove times. ^_^

Taken on anything.

Doesn't need to be high quality to get a number.

Either that, or make it teams of 5, with an 'observer' on each team in the 6th slot.

SuperRygar
Feb 6, 2007, 05:50 PM
ah, i was going to suggest that >.< i got sidetracked. i would so volenteer to do that, i usually have PSU all day and im not always playing

nevermind, i typed my post, then posted like 25 mins later. ill just walk backwards slowly out of this conversation.....

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SuperRygar on 2007-02-06 14:52 ]</font>

Sychosis
Feb 6, 2007, 06:19 PM
Solid advice JAFO. I'm actually more interested in having teams capped at 5 members and placing a Moderator in the team to keep tabs on progression. Then having both the Team Leader and the Moderator, separately report their times, any inconsistencies would be easily caught and I doubt anyone would try to fudge their numbers with a moderator in the team.

The Moderator would stand at the beginning of each block watching the team on the map as to avoid drawing monster aggro, they would easily be able to monitor who goes in and out to recharge, and most importantly, who leaves the party.

How's this sound?

I'm thinking this could be more profitable for contestants if done in a more laid back Time Attack fashion. You would get a freebie run if you make it to the official meet (excluding the blanket entry fee). If you miss the official meet you are counted as having a time of 3 hours (sounds long enough to encourage a retry). A team may retry the mission for a lower time say 1k per person initially as not to rob teams that absolutely cannot make it. You can have up to 3 retrys, with ever higher costs of course. With a team's best time being used.

Basically the costs would look like this per person:
Registration fee: 10,000m (Blanket entry fee everyone pays once)
"Official Meet" Cost to run a leg: 0m
Cost to retry a leg once: 1,000m
Cost to retry a leg twice: 3,000m
Cost to retry a leg thrice: 6,000m

All times would be kept updated so teams can compare their times to everyone else's and see where improvements can be made. I think the costs per retrial need some tweaking, the initial retry shouldn't be so bad, but subsequent retrials should hurt your wallet enough to keep your from doing four trials per leg.

Anyway, once again you are a great source of inspiration JAFO. May I have the honor of bearing your man babies? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

EDIT: I think taking a more laid back Time Attack approach would be able to give more players the opportunity to participate.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sychosis on 2007-02-06 15:29 ]</font>

Sychosis
Feb 7, 2007, 09:12 AM
EDIT: Man PSOW likes to make you quadruple post...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sychosis on 2007-02-07 06:16 ]</font>

omegapirate2k
Feb 7, 2007, 09:43 AM
But it begs the question, who are you going to choose to be a moderator? (I mean, those are some sweet perks, free meseta/mission points)

Sychosis
Feb 7, 2007, 09:52 AM
I think Sekani said he might help, which would be wonderful considering his ability to take pics http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sychosis on 2007-02-07 06:53 ]</font>

omegapirate2k
Feb 7, 2007, 10:05 AM
On 2007-02-07 06:52, Sychosis wrote:
I think Sekani said he might help, which would be wonderful considering his ability to take pics http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sychosis on 2007-02-07 06:53 ]</font>

We could take pictures of the winners of each division!

Sychosis
Feb 7, 2007, 10:14 AM
They would all be forced to strike team poses as well http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

CrabRangoon
Feb 7, 2007, 01:47 PM
I wish I could take the time to read all that T_T once everythings hammered out, I'll be looking more into it, and perhaps be able to participate :fingers crossed:

PlayNSkillz
Feb 7, 2007, 02:23 PM
A moderator in each party is a great idea. I'm not so sure on the requirement that moderators should be able to take screen captures. If we get massive participation and a ton of parties, I doubt that there'll be enough people w/ capture cards around.

But first things first. We need to know how many teams are gonna participate so that we can determine the number of mods needed. Also, entry fees should be decided once we know how many people are going to be there. Other than that, your time-attack idea sounds great Sychosis.

Ryogen
Feb 7, 2007, 02:33 PM
...?

I mean I see the holes in it if you want to know.

Sychosis
Feb 7, 2007, 02:43 PM
On 2007-02-07 11:33, Ryogen wrote:

...?

Well duh! Stop holding out on me! I don't have a BT Lovers to give you!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sychosis on 2007-02-07 11:43 ]</font>

Sychosis
Feb 7, 2007, 02:45 PM
On 2007-02-07 11:23, PlayNSkillz wrote:
A moderator in each party is a great idea. I'm not so sure on the requirement that moderators should be able to take screen captures. If we get massive participation and a ton of parties, I doubt that there'll be enough people w/ capture cards around.

But first things first. We need to know how many teams are gonna participate so that we can determine the number of mods needed. Also, entry fees should be decided once we know how many people are going to be there. Other than that, your time-attack idea sounds great Sychosis.

Not all the moderators need to be able to take pics, taking pics would be more important if it was me and Sekani vs the world http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Ryogen
Feb 7, 2007, 02:56 PM
On 2007-02-07 11:43, Sychosis wrote:

On 2007-02-07 11:33, Ryogen wrote:

...?

Well duh! Stop holding out on me! I don't have a BT Lovers to give you!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sychosis on 2007-02-07 11:43 ]</font>

LOL. I'll tell you in like 8 hours. I got work. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Ryogen
Feb 7, 2007, 03:16 PM
On 2007-02-07 11:45, Sychosis wrote:

Not all the moderators need to be able to take pics, taking pics would be more important if it was me and Sekani vs the world http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Don't forget that I can take pics and record too.

Ryno
Feb 7, 2007, 05:03 PM
On 2007-02-07 12:16, Ryogen wrote:

On 2007-02-07 11:45, Sychosis wrote:

Don't forget that I can take pics and record too.

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Sychosis
Feb 7, 2007, 05:11 PM
I know, I know! I haven't forgotten about you guys. I just don't have a concrete schedule yet so I don't want to start badgering you guys yet.

Trying to divvy up missions at the moment.

PlayNSkillz
Feb 8, 2007, 08:26 PM
Hmmmm, looks very good so far. Nice work with the rules Sychosis.

One question though: Will mission rank affect anything? There could could be one team who finishes faster, but aren't thorough and gain a B rank, wheres another team is slower but thorough, and thus gain a S rank.

Sychosis
Feb 8, 2007, 08:38 PM
Good point!

See? That's why I don't make these things on my own http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

I think not counting rank would be more fun. I'm sure most people know how to beat a mission with an S rank and all that, but how many missions do you know the absolute minimum requirements to beat?

PlayNSkillz
Feb 8, 2007, 08:49 PM
Hmmm, yeah. So this is gonna be pure speed-runs. Sounds good, sounds good!

Haha, there's gonna be some kind of friction between the mods and the team captains. The mod is gonna want the team to get S ranks ('cause they get a reward too) while the captains are going to be pushing their team to go as fast as they can.

Another thing, do mods get a share in the prize?

Sychosis
Feb 8, 2007, 08:53 PM
Nah, mods are going to be assigned to Teams randomly each time. No playing favorites here, so no money for them! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Provided there are no deaths, they still get A ranks, which certainly isn't bad.