PDA

View Full Version : PSU-XBox 360: Extra Mode

Galaxox
Feb 5, 2007, 02:36 PM
well got my copy of the game yesterday and just unlocked extra mode, hope u guys can answer some questions:
can u get s.rank stuff in extra mode?

can u translate ur extra mode character to online?

in the item database in this page, most stuff such as parts and weapons have no info in offline mode (wich is extra mode i believe), does that mean they canot be obtained?

thx in advance

Kesena1Tsum1
Feb 5, 2007, 02:38 PM
1. A few s ranks, nothing great though.
2. Nope
3. Correct, there isn't much clothing for use in extra mode.

Kesena1Tsum1
Feb 5, 2007, 02:40 PM
Unfortunitely they probably won't update extra mode at all, only online stuff, though this is just an assumption on my part.

Galaxox
Feb 5, 2007, 02:40 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif wow this sux, hope theres an update

Galaxox
Feb 5, 2007, 02:43 PM
they should since story mode wasnt that great

vfloresjr24
Feb 5, 2007, 03:09 PM
They did that so you have to play online to get some of the good stuff.

Mistle22
Feb 5, 2007, 03:51 PM
I see story and extra mode as a bonus, online is where all the action's at.

Akaimizu
Feb 5, 2007, 04:01 PM
With Extra Mode, you can technically try out the stuff that's available to all the expert classes, that's pretty much why the offline classes are structured that way. They are super classes with which you can try out the various armaments available to the online classes.

I personally use Extra Mode as a launchpad. I test new character builds with its rather accelerated advancement system, to see if I will enjoy playing them for the next 400+ hours. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

You can get to level 20, in there, within the first 3-4 hours of play and it goes up to 100. So yep, you can test a *feel* out, in only a fraction of the time. Though you understand that certain balance aspects and stuff will be different online, you can compare yourself to yourself when swapping between different weapon/armor setups and race choices.

I also make my models there first, and then start them in-game to see how well they translate. A faster aspect than doing it online. Then if I'm satisifed with how they look, feel, and work given the prefences I feel I should give to the character; I recreate them online.

The only times I didn't, really, is just for those times I played the demo, knowing I wouldn't keep my character.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-02-05 13:02 ]</font>