PDA

View Full Version : PSU-XBox 360: Capture card

hainsaw3
Feb 5, 2007, 04:00 PM
Sorry if this is in the wrong area, I didn't know where else to put it.

I hear of people using capture cards(?) to take pictures on the 360. I would want to get one but I have no clue about them. also I don't want to get a super expensive one.

Any recommended? any information is appreciated.

vfloresjr24
Feb 5, 2007, 04:04 PM
that is interesting I would like to know about that too.

Akaimizu
Feb 5, 2007, 04:05 PM
The best capture cards to get are also not worth it, if you just want it for PSO. Cheap Capture cards aren't bad, but you have to deal with rather simple resolutions and being stuck at 4x3 aspect ratio.

I'd love to have a capture card that could capture digital VGA signals, so I can grab a full High Def signal and not simply be stuck to my Digital Camera to do it. I've seen them, but the prices are a shocker. You'd think something that simple would not be so expensive.

Most Cheap capture cards capture at 640x480, or something like that. Sometimes a little higher than that. Of course, you're back to 4x3 aspect ratios. A shame because the 360 version is all about Widescreen. I can't say enough how much I love the interface placement, of that mode. It even helps when taking pictures.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-02-05 13:07 ]</font>

UnknownFox
Feb 5, 2007, 04:14 PM
I have a Dazzle 80 and it has good quality (not great) and its external so you dont have to take apart your comp to put it in just have to have a usb port. its vary easy to use as well is the program that comes with it. it only cost me 70-75 bucks at best buy after taxes and i use it for everything, Halo, Psu (now), and even just recording great eps of family guy onto my comp for road trips and stuff like that. Also if any of you decide to get a card i can help you with anything you need im a great editer IMO of course and so ive been told. I hope this helped out.

Also some other cards to look into would be:

ATI wonder pro---Internal----great quality-----$100-$150
ATI wonder usb---External---qreat quality------$70-150---hard to find mostly just ebay and stuff like that
Dazzle 150----external-----great quality as long as you know how to set it up---$100-200--- also getting harder to find

hainsaw3
Feb 5, 2007, 04:17 PM
How does it work? does it plug internally into your comp and you stretch a usb to the 360?

UnknownFox
Feb 5, 2007, 04:24 PM
if its an external one the card had a usb cord that plugs into your comp, then on the card there are a/v hook ups on it so you can plug into it 3 ways. A: if your running on a tv that has a/v outs then thats perfect just run a set of cords from your tv to your card and anything that goes through your tv can be recorded. B: if you dont have a tv with a/v outs then hook your xbox cords into some a bunch of Y spliters and split all three cords ex... but that way reduces the quality due to having the cords split so many times. and the last way is the last resort way. hook yor xbox strait to the card and the card to your comp and play it on the record preview screen but that screen is seriously like an 8 inch screen so know you know why its the last resort way http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

UnknownFox
Feb 5, 2007, 04:29 PM
here is a pic of the box and a basic look at it and it will have a long usb coming out of the other side

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/customer-images/B0000C4DW1/ref=cm_ciu_pdp_images_0/104-8459385-9134315?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&index=0#gallery

Rizen
Feb 5, 2007, 04:37 PM
Hmm...interesting...
Thanks for sharing AquiredFlame...This will come in handy realllly soon for me. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

UnknownFox
Feb 5, 2007, 04:41 PM
sweet glad i can help and when you get one let me know i might have some programs i can hook you up with to edit and whatnot

hainsaw3
Feb 5, 2007, 04:45 PM
Thanks a lot, it really helps!

UnknownFox
Feb 5, 2007, 04:54 PM
your Brushfire i just noticed that. ive seen you around on uni 15 i think cuz that name rings a bell have you seen a little white cast wartecher lvl 34 name Anubis running around?

Rizen
Feb 5, 2007, 04:58 PM
I will keep that in mind.
I'm just reading over the product info and what you said...seems simple enough...
So pretty much I just hook the cables up from my TV to the computer and the recording is stored on my computer?

UnknownFox
Feb 5, 2007, 05:02 PM
yep TV to capcard then the card goes to computer its really easy and ive had mine a while now so they last too so you dont have to worry bout that

Rizen
Feb 5, 2007, 06:05 PM
Well, if I end up buying one I will be sure to let you know.
Thanks for the info http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rizen on 2007-02-05 15:05 ]</font>

ulyoth
Feb 5, 2007, 06:59 PM
Ive just bought one, ended up costing me £12.50 (Inc shipping) No box etc
So any programs that i could use with it would be greatly appreciated, also do you know the website where i can get the latest drivers for it from?

UnknownFox
Feb 5, 2007, 07:39 PM
um not sure where ill look into that but do you have AIM cuz i can send you some programs and whatnot. if so add AquiredFlame

Sekani
Feb 5, 2007, 10:16 PM
I personally use something similar to the Dazzle (USB port), and so far I've been pleased with the results. Also a lot easier to use than a more expensive internal card I bought some time ago.

hainsaw3
Feb 6, 2007, 03:14 PM
sorry I don't remember seeing anyone named anubis lately.