PDA

View Full Version : SUV Glitch?

Aven
Feb 5, 2007, 05:11 PM
This is a weird glitch I've had happen to me twice now, once on Friday in Train Rescue, and again today while soloing De Ragnus C to get to the lobby :/

I activate my SUV, but during the time when you can rotate to 'aim' the SUV, before it actually appears, I get stuck. By stuck, I mean I can still rotate in the aiming stage, but the SUV won't appear.

The first time it happened to me it wasn't a big deal, my party finished the mission and I was fine when we got sent to the next lobby. This time though, I was soloing, so I was stuck in the 'invincible' state you're in while firing an SUV, unable to do anything but stand there and spin in circles with my arms sticking out and looking like an idiot. I had to abandon the mission since I didn't have much else choice - I could have sat there forever with the Ragnus stomping on me and the fight never would have ended - no party to finish it for me this time :/

Anyone else had this happen to them? Or anyone know if there is a way to prevent it? I'm going to be afraid of getting stuck every time I use my SUV now; First time I just passed it off as a random glitch, didn't think I'd see it again, but now this is twice in four days, so I'm starting to wonder if there's a bigger issue here?

I play on PS2, if that matters at all.

Kaydin
Feb 5, 2007, 05:20 PM
I've seen glitches where the SUVs don't fire, but this one I've never seen. Try using a different SUV and see if this is a problem with SUVs in general or just the one your using.

Fran
Feb 5, 2007, 05:48 PM
You can cancel SUVs.

Aven
Feb 5, 2007, 07:03 PM
Yeah, I tried to cancel it, nothing happened :/

And I was using different SUVs each time. I had Hegel the first time, and Grom the second :/

Kaydin
Feb 5, 2007, 07:04 PM
Err... Report to Sega?

PMB960
Feb 5, 2007, 07:12 PM
How long did you wait after getting stuck before quiting the mission? I have never had this happen to me before while using my SUV. Were you on Uni 2? Could it have been some type of lag that caused the game to think it used your SUV even though you didn't? If it doesn't happen regularly in the same area it is most likely some type of lag issue like almost everything else in the game.

Aven
Feb 5, 2007, 07:17 PM
First time was in a full server, but second time it was full, so I was on.... whatever server I started in. It could just be lag, which is what I assumed at first, I just wasn't sure after having it happen a second time.

And I waited somewhere between 6-8 minutes the second time, the first I waited however long it took my party to finish the mission.

Nika
Feb 5, 2007, 10:59 PM
I have experience all the same but with dambarta before

R2D6battlebot
Feb 5, 2007, 11:05 PM
Ive been completely frozen before on PS2 also, i zoomed in to aim at the de ragan with a rifle and my system froze. I think its just because PS2 are trash, but mine always gets a little jumpy after i play it all day. It just cant take the abuse that my good old GC could. =/

PMB960
Feb 6, 2007, 01:29 AM
It is possible this is a PS2 only glitch. Maybe they system just screws up. I have a level 38 Cast and never had any problems using my SUV on the PC.

Carbinne
Feb 6, 2007, 02:15 AM
This happened a couple of times to me on the PC version. The second time it was the most annoying because it was in the middle of that stupid awful Moatoob mission that has 999 worms and sucks and gives awful rewards ugh. But yeah, I'm pretty sure it's not a PS2 only problem, though it is rather uncommon. Didn't know it could nail you if you were soloing, though... that really would bite if you wound up stuck at the end of a great S rank run.

Zarbolord
Feb 6, 2007, 02:42 AM
My cast is lvl 54, never had the glitch yet, maybve its linked to classes? O_o nah sounds stupid. I'm guntecher if it helps >.>

Retsuya
Feb 6, 2007, 04:06 AM
I never had that glitch happen to me yet. I only manage to cancel my suv but thats about it.
the only problem I have is that when the server is full, I seem to lag the most agains other charcters. for example in the deragnus mission, that big monster thats like a koltova, I was clearly hitting it with handgun and even bows but for some reason it does not take any damage. after 2 minutes or so it finally dies only recieving 100 points of damage?