PDA

View Full Version : Armor Opinion

Krans
Feb 5, 2007, 05:56 PM
I read a thread about some of the armor before, right now im using a Gigaline 34% Fire, but since i got some cash now i'm thinking about upgrading.

I'm thinking of getting a Sori-Senba, because it seems pretty strong, has all the slots, and though small has ice percentage which seems to hurt me the most.

Not sure on too many other options other than the hardline.

I'm a fighgunner and beast almost at lv 50. I got around 500k meseta saved (because i just sold my Te Mind for 350k)

I could also use the meseta elsewhere like a new weapon or maybe a good slot item, Any opinions would be appeciated

JAFO22000
Feb 5, 2007, 06:02 PM
Do you feel your armor is a liability? If not, then don't upgrade. Spend your money on something that will improve your charcter more than new armor (a weapon, perhaps?).

AngelusVesica
Feb 5, 2007, 06:10 PM
imo if you get hit alot then get the armor, if you dont and im guessing youre pretty strong grab a few new weapons.

av

DanMalak
Feb 5, 2007, 06:12 PM
Te/Mind, arnt those the B rank head units? If so, you could have sold it for ALLLOOOOOTTT more then 350k.

omegapirate2k
Feb 5, 2007, 06:16 PM
Uck, I still need a hardline (using a megaline atm), and I'm going to end up paying through the nose for it.

Crazy armor prices...

Zero-mx
Feb 5, 2007, 06:18 PM
In my opinion, you should probably wait a bit to get new armor, maybe get a new weapon first. But if your eating damage too much, you might want to switch. Sori-senba is kind of good, but that Ice element can hurt on Hive runs against those cursed wizards.

Yuicihi
Feb 5, 2007, 06:22 PM
On my first few characters, I went quite far with the newb armor. Granted, I wasn't a meatshield.

Armor really isn't needed, unless you plan on getting hit. But, upgrade if it feels like a liability to go in with your current armor.

NPCMook
Feb 5, 2007, 06:46 PM
On 2007-02-05 15:10, AngelusVesica wrote:
imo if you get hit alot then get the armor, if you dont and im guessing youre pretty strong grab a few new weapons.

av

Yep, if you don't get hit a lot just keep what you got for now, I used a Stellaline from 10-46, then a friend basically bought me a megaline >.>

Golto
Feb 5, 2007, 07:06 PM
Sori is the noob armor. Too many fire element enemies to justify 4 slots and low ice %. If you want ice armor buy Gi-senba. People really don't need all four slots especially when they put the almost useless mega wall in the body slot.

Krans
Feb 6, 2007, 12:14 AM
All right thanks for the opinions,

couple things:

-the armor isn't really a liability my gigaline is pretty good but i still take lots of damage from ice enemies with strong ice spells.
-To the guy who said i could have sold it for more than 350k, are you on 360? Because although some have it listed higher most of the ones that sell are lower, ive seen it for 150k and 200k before, along with many others around my price
-For new weaps, anyone have advice? currently i have
*Double Saber Ice 16%
*Shintsuki-zashi Ice 22%
*Ryo-Misaki Light 20%
*BUlletmasters
*And a bunch of B-ranks, as you can tell by my A weaps those are the top 4 weapons that i use, along with sabers and machine guns sometimes, i have a vulcan machine gun grinded 3 times and for sabers i have the seva something 6* weap grinded 3, and an ungrinded 22% fire falchiora.

The other option is saving the money for something in future updates, or save and wait till someone actually gets that new double saber.

Oh one more thing can anyone give me impressions on how much of a difference the Bone Dance and NIghtwalker are compared to the double saber? Is it worth the price to upgrade?

Carbinne
Feb 6, 2007, 02:19 AM
Changing armor doesn't really do a lot in my opinion. Unless you have a high % armor, that really makes a difference. My 50% stellaline (3*) had me taking 60-70ish damage from go vahras that would hit me for 100+ with my 7* Dark Phantomline on. With that Stellaline on I can nicely tank bullets from Grenna Betes. Hurts, but it's not oh snap dead in three second hurts.

Also, yeah, Sori is rather poor. Fire is just too common an element. Can save your bacon in Neudeiz, but you really have to take spare armor along or else fire monsters/Onma will destroy you right quick.

MT7218
Feb 6, 2007, 02:25 AM
IMO, I think a Sori-Senba wouldn't be a bad investment. Most of the fire element enemies in this game aren't that much a threat to make the extra damage wearing a ice armor much of liability. As you have a fire armor as is, you can use that around the real dangerious fire enemies and bosses, anyhow. The four slots can do wonders depending on what you put in them. My recomendations for slots if you get them are a MST increaser unit, to buff your low MST as a Beast a little, a Mega/Rainbow, to buff the low ice% your armor will have, as elemental % on armor will defend more than the DFP boost will, a Me/HP restore, as that can save you mates, espically as a Beast, with your absurdly high HP, and then an accuracy increaser unit, for your low ATA.

Zarbolord
Feb 6, 2007, 02:38 AM
IMO if you plan on hunting things or doing neu missions, get that sori senba.

Golto
Feb 6, 2007, 11:17 AM
Gi Senba owns Sori Senba if npc bought if you are only concerned with ice. You won't miss that arm slot and save a lot of meseta. Stats might be lower but the higher % more than makes up for this.

Dhylec
Feb 6, 2007, 11:23 AM
Heh, it's not the armors, it's how you use them, really. ;]

Thrash777
Feb 6, 2007, 12:43 PM
How did you survive Gohmon, let alone Olgohmon, with a 34% Fire Gigaline!?!?!?!?
Mine has 12% Fire, and I have 1500HP, and I STILL take 350 damage!

Krans
Feb 6, 2007, 05:03 PM
so from general consensus it seems as if advice seems to be get a gi-senba and keep switching? When i upgraded from stellaline to gigaline the difference was huge so i figured if i update again maybe it would be useful. No opinions n the double sabers? or other slots?

Reiichi
Feb 6, 2007, 06:56 PM
Go with the NPC gi-senba and swap between that and your fire gigaline. Make sure you have a rainbow unit equipped and either a +sta or a +hp unit for your extra slot. You won't be able to have a head and arm unit equipped since you'll be swapping between armors often, but the extra defensive benefits should be more than worth it.

Sori-senba is trash. Don't waste your money there. An NPC gi-senba will protect you more from ice attacks than a sori-senba. 'A' armors aren't needed unless you have 'A' units.

As a melee you want your damage reduced as much as possible from melee attacks to reduce flinch and knockdown. Do the agreetas (raptor things) in neudaiz cause you to flinch? Likely so if you're wearing a 34% fire armor as they are ice. Gi-senba will help in that area so that their attacks will tickle. Do worm spin attacks knock you down? If they don't, then welcome to the power of good elemental armor. If you wear a sori-senba, and opt to not armor swap (as most people who pick up a sori-senba are too lazy to armor swap cuz 'omg slots!') they'll knock you down every single time.

Armor level does not matter, it's % that matters. If you can afford it stick to B rank armors with a body slot available and try to get some in various elements. The NPC sells a few with decent 2x% so look there too. Another advantage of using low level armor is that you can pass it across new characters more feasibly, and because less EVP = win when trying to hit 4 monsters at once with your double saber. If you want to try synthing armors yourself, stick to 4* armors and try for a high %. Ageha-senba or zeetline both have body slots. Zeetline if you care about the arm that much.

You are on the 360 right? I would suggest that you not bother with 8-9* weapons for double sabers. Weapons like armors are all about theh % and not the level, unless you are that desperate for ata. The cost of making an 8* weapon is about twice that of a 7*. And the cost of making a 9* weapon is about 3x that of a 7*. It is also much easier to farm for kerseline than it is vulcanine. Beast ATA is bad though, so I don't know how you're doing so far with your double saber in terms of accuracy issues. Might be better off with other weapons with more ata. Either way 8-9* weapons will drain you big time with little gain. Stick to 7* weapons if you must, and use 6* for when you can. Only exception might be better twin pistols if you so desire ata that badly.

Krans
Feb 7, 2007, 05:24 AM
Thank you reiichi, great post