PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate PAs from the JP perspective.

Ryo_Hayasa
Feb 5, 2007, 11:05 PM
So then, faithful JPers (you lucky lucky dogs) What are these ultimate PAs like? what's their damage output like? usefulness? I'm really interested.

People who have the new techs? how are they like? Especial our new dark techs, Megiverse (the life draining skill) and megid, can you instant KO S-rank monsters? if not can you leave them limping wishing they were dead?
How large is the Megiverse range what said levels?

Bullets, What is HP drain? are we talking Fill handguns? Guns that will actually take HP from what you shoot and give you HP for? Resta/Vampire bullets?

Ult: Skills, oh sure they look pretty. (well from the one's we've seen)
What are they like? do they hold the three qualities of a good skill?

Damage (Amount of hits), Usefullness, Coolness factor?

Kamica
Feb 5, 2007, 11:08 PM
Nosdiga= ultimate cheese PA

PJ
Feb 5, 2007, 11:09 PM
And what's this, "Mayalee," stuff for guns I'm hearing about?

Itsuki
Feb 5, 2007, 11:32 PM
All melee PAs - nothing particularly ultimate about them. They're just more skills.

Nosu techs - complete cheese (because of bugs in PC mainly)
Giresta - not worth 99 frags, but useful in some rare situations
Megid - not worth 99 frags, but useful in some rare situations. Might become more popular on the US server, since the US server probably won't care about the fact that is wastes so much PP. It does deal more damage than barta/zonde, in the same manner that barta/zonde does. But, don't expect the insta-kill to ever really make a difference.
Megiverse - might be good, except for the fact that a bug causes you to be randomly stuck, and unable to move... every block.

Longbow and Crossbow - potential to deal more damage in certain sitautions, but probably not worth it.
Twins and Shotgun - long range debuffs, definately good stuff for tagging the entire room. Not good as main PAs, but good all around as alternates.
Handgun - Has a small AoE effect, makes it good for hunters since it deals more damage than any other handgun PA will for them. Also maybe not bad for fortegunner for the healing effect. But the healing effect is small, don't expect much.
Card - Again, healing effect is small. And anybody that can use this can use resta. Just cast resta.
Rifle - Great in Train, trap cave, megahna, hakura, basically anywhere where theres explody robots. Bad everywhere else. If you do those places, its a must though. Hellish to level.
Mechgun - Probably the best stagger in the game. But horrible accuracy (1% ata? Good lord thats low).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Itsuki-chan on 2007-02-05 20:33 ]</font>

BLACKR0SE
Feb 5, 2007, 11:47 PM
Get wif offline
The rest = wait

waluigi1
Feb 5, 2007, 11:48 PM
What do you mean the Nosu techs are cheese? Can you explain a bit more please?

BLACKR0SE
Feb 5, 2007, 11:50 PM
Nosutechs are hax because if you shift cancel you cast em super fast.Nosudiga pwns already.Its like a har/pwn.

Itsuki
Feb 5, 2007, 11:52 PM
This was done offline, because I don't have nosu techs or a mei/quick online. But the concept is still basicalyl the same. Nosudiga has small AoE, stagger, stun, and deals as much as a Ra-tech. Combined with an exploitable glitch, it becomes this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QravSmD9C3A

Shadow_Wing
Feb 5, 2007, 11:59 PM
On 2007-02-05 20:52, Itsuki-chan wrote:
This was done offline, because I don't have nosu techs or a mei/quick online. But the concept is still basicalyl the same. Nosudiga has small AoE, stagger, stun, and deals as much as a Ra-tech. Combined with an exploitable glitch, it becomes this:

/evil_laughter

Lyrise
Feb 6, 2007, 12:19 AM
Twin Mayalee is only meh if your party has a Force or if you're a Fighgunner. In the hands of a GT or fG, it is VERY good. Defdeel/zalure lv3 (same as a forces at 21+), but ALWAYS, 100% applies on contact.

Itsuki
Feb 6, 2007, 12:22 AM
On 2007-02-05 21:19, Lyrise wrote:
Twin Mayalee is only meh if your party has a Force or if you're a Fighgunner. In the hands of a GT or fG, it is VERY good. Defdeel/zalure lv3 (same as a forces at 21+), but ALWAYS, 100% applies on contact.

Many forces don't cast debuffs though. But I'll add that its acutally really nice in Labs. You can switch to it and debuff from a safe distance, so your forces don't need to go in harms way. You can also re-apply to poravora relatively easily, and arguably quicker than a force can.

Kimil
Feb 6, 2007, 12:34 AM
Damnnnnnnnnn there goes Wartecher's Debuff ability's Usefullness ><

waluigi1
Feb 6, 2007, 12:42 AM
Wow...does that glitch only work on PC?

-Ryuki-
Feb 6, 2007, 12:43 AM
Looks like Rangers are a lot better now.

Even though nothing was wrong with them to begin with.

Ryo_Hayasa
Feb 6, 2007, 12:56 AM

Shift cancel...? Ok, well, i guess i can't help but ask "how do you do it, can you do it on Ps2" and
"is it just me, or are you not losing any PP in that video. What the heck?

Umberger
Feb 6, 2007, 12:59 AM
On 2007-02-05 21:42, waluigi1 wrote:
Wow...does that glitch only work on PC?

Shift canceling is a PC exclusive glitch, and as for the not losing pp thing, memory hack.

Lman90245
Feb 6, 2007, 01:00 AM

Dear god!

Itsuki
Feb 6, 2007, 01:04 AM
On 2007-02-05 21:56, Ryo_Hayasa wrote:
Shift cancel...? Ok, well, i guess i can't help but ask "how do you do it, can you do it on Ps2" and

No you can not do it on PS2 on 360 to my knowledge. And its pretty self explanitory how to do it, I'll just leave it at that.

As for the PP thing, I just wanted to illustrate why people consider nosu spells broken, so I took a level 1 character offline, hacked a few things, and then cast the spell.

What was hacked for reference sake:
- My level
- Nosu Diga's Level
- My money so I could buy some armor, weapons, and mei/quick ( a /quick is required for this)
- My PP was locked so I didn't have to worry about switching weapons. Online this sucks huge amounts of PP.
- My clothes obviously, because you gotta look good in videos.

omegapirate2k
Feb 6, 2007, 08:30 AM
This is good, I sincerely hope it doesn't become possible on the 360 version.

Sychosis
Feb 6, 2007, 08:35 AM
On 2007-02-06 05:30, omegapirate2k wrote:
This is good, I sincerely hope it doesn't become possible on the 360 version.

Agreed. The last thing we need is more "oMG forces r so ease-e, they'r fur newbz!"

Sinaku
Feb 6, 2007, 08:49 AM
hey, is there n e place we can see the unreleased magicks besides Nodiga?

Gen2000
Feb 6, 2007, 09:21 AM
Good quick and real info here, very nice but about Nosudiga..

Hm, ok one say shift canceling is PC only and then another say it isn't wo which is it? I'm on PS2 and Nosdiga was the only spell I considered getting for my Fortetecher at the moment anyways but the idea of being "out-cheesed" by other fTs simply because their on PC doesn't sit well with me.

Also what about the Laser Cannon and Grenade Gun UltPAs?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Gen2000 on 2007-02-06 06:22 ]</font>

GoldenFalcon
Feb 6, 2007, 09:25 AM
Laser Cannon's ultimate bullets have shorter range but have knockback.
Grenade Launcher's ultimate bullets have a smaller blast radius but have a 100% chance to freeze, but it stays at level 1 SE.

ayrista
Feb 6, 2007, 10:04 AM
any word on the single dagger pa?

I know im getting the twin bullets , but im not sure which pa to get. I like the twin dagger pa, but i heard it might not be worth it.

ZodiacNKnight
Feb 6, 2007, 12:08 PM
On 2007-02-05 21:56, Ryo_Hayasa wrote:

He hacked a bunch a settings to proof a point that the cast delay is non-existent.

Read the video description...

desolant11
Feb 6, 2007, 12:27 PM
jeez when people start doing that online in full games it will make bruce's look lag free. lol

Itsuki
Feb 6, 2007, 01:33 PM
On 2007-02-06 07:04, ayrista wrote:
any word on the single dagger pa?

I know im getting the twin bullets , but im not sure which pa to get. I like the twin dagger pa, but i heard it might not be worth it.

There isn't a single dagger PA.

CyarVictor
Feb 6, 2007, 01:36 PM
But are the Nosudiga and NosuZonde still good without the hax? i mean for casual use in online gameplay?

Zorafim
Feb 6, 2007, 11:20 PM
I've been thinking of the final PAs as the best possible PAs to get, but I just realized that may not be the case. Are the final PAs indeed the best ones you could buy for your weapons? I know that there are a few that I'd much rather not get, such as the twin dagger and the double saber one. From a statistical standpoint, would I be better off getting the final PAs or staying with the storebought ones?

Lyrise
Feb 7, 2007, 01:03 AM
Not necessarily. But a few of them have some of the most creative ways to make use of them, if you think about it a little.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Feb 7, 2007, 01:06 AM
I'm curious about the twin dagger PA. How is it in terms of damage, and does it have knockback on the first two combos?