PDA

View Full Version : PSUJP 2/8 mid-sized update summary

Lyrise
Feb 6, 2007, 03:42 PM
This week will bring on some really nice things for the japanese servers... (http://phantasystaruniverse.jp/news/wis/?mode=view&id=228)

-Episode 2-8: Flash of Destruction
A Secret mission to investigate the Moatoob relics. Supposedly your NPC this round is Dr. Tomuran...
(But the screenshots if you can make them out say otherwise. Interpret it as you will)

-S2 missions upgrades
-Mad Creatures
-Green Forest Breakout
-Rainbow Beast

New High grade weapon boards
-By my understanding, this is going to release a bunch of new S-Ranks into the world. You can already see shots for 2 headed Ragnus and fukamisaki...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Lyrise on 2007-02-06 12:43 ]</font>

Rizen
Feb 6, 2007, 03:47 PM
Rainbow Beast on S2? That sounds interesting.... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Thanks for sharing. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Golto
Feb 6, 2007, 04:11 PM
So they just add more srank weapon boards to the monster drops or be able to buy them from npcs?

Lyrise
Feb 6, 2007, 04:13 PM
Not for sale, they've got to be found, otherwise the updates would have stated they'd be for sale.

Makes more sense this way too. What should be for sale, are the highest common grades that multiple classes can use. S Graded stuff is that something extra-special that you'll have to work for...

Golto
Feb 6, 2007, 04:16 PM
Well I hope they will eventually sell s rank stuff because not everyone has 10 hours a day free to hunt for these.

Lyrise
Feb 6, 2007, 04:22 PM
If that was the case, I'd assume the cap stops at 10. Any higher and it'd cheapen the feeling of S-Ranks as a whole.

Sephlock
Feb 6, 2007, 04:28 PM
On 2007-02-06 12:47, Rizen wrote:
Rainbow Beast on S2? That sounds interesting.... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Thanks for sharing. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Oh god, more people shouting in my ear "OMG DON'T USE DARK ATTACKS MEGID MEGID!! AIEEEE!"

Almalexia
Feb 6, 2007, 07:29 PM
Or something worse like megiverse.

Zorafim
Feb 6, 2007, 07:39 PM
I really hope that S ranks are the rares of PSU. I don't mind A ranks being DB's saber or something like that, but I don't want to be able to buy my demolition comet nor red sword. And as for people who don't have time to hunt for them, well, that's what'll separate the elitists from the normies, I guess.

omegapirate2k
Feb 6, 2007, 07:41 PM
On 2007-02-06 16:29, Almalexia wrote:

Theres nothing worse than an instant death, NOTHING.

Kamica
Feb 6, 2007, 07:59 PM
Great update. As Lyrise said, the weapon boards will most likely NOT be at NPCs. I do forsee 10 star weapon boards being added eventually, however, 9 star weapons would need to be added to NPC at the same time and there was no mention of that in the content details.

Rainbow Beast will most likely turn into a desert wasteland along with S2 Relics if the reward is not extraordinary(30k+ meseta), but I am not holding my breath.

Mad Creatures will most definately give a bad reward as do the other ranks of the mission. However, the mission will have obvious other advantages such as easy job experience and easy PA fragments.

Im not expecting anything that will want to make me want to do something other than S2 Giant Red Behemoth and S2 Labs until information about the new S rank locations are found out. After things have gotten to that point, I expect to do some classic PSO style hunting.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kamica on 2007-02-06 17:00 ]</font>

Q_Anon
Feb 6, 2007, 08:06 PM
I expect to do some classic PSO style hunting.

<3 Just like the good ol' days.

Umberger
Feb 6, 2007, 08:49 PM
On 2007-02-06 16:59, Kamica wrote:
Mad Creatures will most definately give a bad reward as do the other ranks of the mission. However, the mission will have obvious other advantages such as easy job experience and easy PA fragments.

I don't know the trends of how S2 mission rewards compare to S, but I doubt Mad Creatures S2 is going to be anything spectacular...S gives 900 meseta and 11 mission points if memory serves me correctly...also has the lowest level creatures out of all the S missions.

I guess it would be easy PA Fragments just as S is.

Itsuki
Feb 6, 2007, 09:36 PM
On 2007-02-06 17:49, Umberger wrote:

On 2007-02-06 16:59, Kamica wrote:

I don't know the trends of how S2 mission rewards compare to S, but I doubt Mad Creatures S2 is going to be anything spectacular...S gives 900 meseta and 11 mission points if memory serves me correctly...also has the lowest level creatures out of all the S missions.

I guess it would be easy PA Fragments just as S is.

I think S2 has like a level 85 min, so monsters will be higher. And the general trend is about 3x the reward. So about 2700 meseta, 2 frags, and 33mp? For a less than 10 minute mission. Not bad.

Lyrise
Feb 6, 2007, 09:54 PM
There appears to be some confusion with my original post. Let me explain where I think I went wrong: When I said Mad Creatures, I meant it in the Japanese version. S2 Lakeside IS Mad Creatures. What you have as mad creatures, is known as "Repression of Primeval Life".

So to re-summarize, by mad creatures, I mean Jabba infested map, not the one with the crappiest rewards.

Edit: I left out the name. You know it well as Mad Beasts.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Lyrise on 2007-02-06 18:59 ]</font>

Umberger
Feb 6, 2007, 10:28 PM
Ooooh, ok. But even then, the thought of S2 Jarbas spitting Megid scares me...I imagine it would have a really nice reward though.

Golto
Feb 6, 2007, 11:13 PM
If Mad Beasts S has lvl 90+ monsters will there be monsters over 100 in the S2?

Itsuki
Feb 6, 2007, 11:16 PM
On 2007-02-06 20:13, Golto wrote:
If Mad Beasts S has lvl 90+ monsters will there be monsters over 100 in the S2?

I would assume so. And I think its safe to assume the "new weapons" are drops from these.

If you recall last week, they added "boss rebalancing", which also lowered the current level 100 monsters to level 95. The level 100 monsters were droppnig their level 80-99 drops, so I would assume that the change may have been in part to get read for the actual level 100+ monsters.

Golto
Feb 7, 2007, 10:18 AM
So could the Polluvras drop the actual 10* cannon weapon and not the board?

Tahldon
Feb 7, 2007, 10:23 AM
On 2007-02-06 16:41, omegapirate2k wrote:

On 2007-02-06 16:29, Almalexia wrote:

Theres nothing worse than an instant death, NOTHING.

I don't know man.. I've been caught doing an Onma S run and one of those King Olgohmon started doing Megiverse.

It's almost like instant death cause it just happens and you don't even know what's going on until you're laying on the ground with a big purple circle floating around you.