PDA

View Full Version : I hate being lonely.

Wyndham
Feb 7, 2007, 01:29 AM
I sometimes wish I hadn't moved away from NC. I left behind my friends. It turns out 3 girls all liked me, and couldn't tell me. I just want to find a girl that's my age who can be patient enough to help me. one who is ok with the fact i cant drive, that it's hard for me to get a normal job, and my appearance. i hate this.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Feb 7, 2007, 01:34 AM
When you find the right mate, you'll be glad it was worth the wait. (no puns or rhyming intended)

Life affirming relationships aren't going to be happening a lot through your teens and 20's though right? Be patient.

Wyndham
Feb 7, 2007, 02:01 AM
Haya, what i want most is a girl who is okay with my waiting till im married, will help me through things, and be there for me when no-one else is. i want someone who i like for their personality, and interests, and things like that. I had someone like that, but we got into a fight, and she made ure ill never see her again.

Almalexia
Feb 7, 2007, 12:03 PM
I feel your pain.

<---Alone since Feb 2000.

HUnewearl_Meira
Feb 7, 2007, 03:03 PM
The best way to find a girl is to put yourself in social situations, where you'll have nothing but to meet people. That's a good way to otherwise make friends, too.

Does your town have a working bus system? You may find it liberating.

Basically, find something you can publically do to invest your time, and you'll start meeting people.

navci
Feb 7, 2007, 03:08 PM
I am not trying to be mean.
But this is what it sound like.

I want this and that and this and that. But I am not willing to give anything, or give up anything. I am who I am you better love me or hate it.

But I want some loove.

You are the only person who can change things. Things don't just come to you.

l0c0dantes
Feb 7, 2007, 04:36 PM
Didn't abe lincon say that anything worth having is worth fighting for?

petruseden
Feb 7, 2007, 05:10 PM
On 2007-02-07 12:08, navci wrote:
I am not trying to be mean.
But this is what it sound like.

I want this and that and this and that. But I am not willing to give anything, or give up anything. I am who I am you better love me or hate it.

But I want some loove.

You are the only person who can change things. Things don't just come to you.

We have gone way past the age of "love."
We have gone way past the "take me as I am, and I love you as you are".

Its more of a game of who can be more fake so we dont have to be lonely .. when the truth gets out, its time to grab as much crap as you can before moving onto the next person.

... Im so happy I dont believe the crap i just spit out ...

Sinue_v2
Feb 7, 2007, 05:32 PM
Honestly man, you're just as well off being lonely as you are in a relationship.

Love is great - it's awesome... I won't deny that, and you're lucky if you can find real honest love.

There is a saying though - that there is a thin line between love and hate. I've crossed, and seen my freinds cross, that line more times than I care to remember. (Well, more them than me - I'm a bit of a loser, but whatever) I can't really describe the kind of pain and agony love also brings with it - expecially if it's a one sided love, or a love that has faded for one partner. I've seen friends put themselves in the hospital banging their head against a wall in frustration - and you wouldn't believe the stories you hear from divorce lawyers of what their clients go thorugh. Sam Kinnison basically made his whole career as a comedian pouring out his heart over the bullshit and pain that comes with love and relationships. He's got a line where he says that there are sometimes you just want to stop at a red light, get out of the car, and just run... just take the fuck off screaming "Oh god.. I just want to live!!!". Been there. Done that.

You always hurt the ones you love... isn't that another saying?

And of course - there's the issue of children, which adds a WHOLE 'nother layer of mental anguish and frustration to the matter... at least, if you're any kind of a fucking man and love your children enough to stick around the bitch so that you can make sure they're being raised properly and taken care of... and be a part of their life.

I'm not saying that love isn't even worth... I guess I'm just saying that you'd better get used to it, because it's most likely going to be painful either way. Chose the way you want to live - with the constant knawing pain of being lonely, or the bi-polar euphoriatic highs and soul crushing lows.

Not trying to be emo... just saying you should learn to deal with it. And remember that the grass is nearly always greener on the other side...

ABDUR101
Feb 7, 2007, 06:18 PM
See, relationship means more than just a 'buddy'. You want to wait until you're married? Then wait, but don't go get with someone until you're looking to get married, which means you are set financially. Relationships mean you're intune with the person's needs, mentally and physically.

To me it just sounds like you want a friend, because a relationship involves more than what you're looking for, as well you'll be hard pressed to find someone that just wants to dilly-dally without the sexual aspect until YOU are ready to get married. Takes a special person to care enough about another to put their needs before their own.

Wish in one hand, crap in the other. Enjoy your peace and quiet until you ARE prepared to get married and can actively look, because what you want to marry may very likely change between now and then.

g0r177az
Feb 7, 2007, 10:53 PM
Well well. You say no-one where you lives likes you? And mentioning something about your appearence??? So how old are you? Are you honestly old enough to care about someones feelings on top of yours? If you are so lonely, then do something about it! Don't think whining about it will help. And if you are desperate then try a long-distance relationship with one of those girls that liked you in NC. Seriourly, think about it.

navci
Feb 8, 2007, 12:58 AM
On 2007-02-07 14:10, petruseden wrote:

We have gone way past the age of "love."
We have gone way past the "take me as I am, and I love you as you are".

See.
There is this "love" that everyone speak of this way.
In reality when you are actually in a relationship, compromises have to be made. Steps backs, steps forwards, trying to make things work on both sides. These are all aspects of relationship. If you are not willing to give something up, you are not going to get anything back.

You can call "love" almighty whatever you want. Truth is, human are selfish. We all want it all. But we can't, so you work on it. It is always a compromise. Things don't just come to you. You have to reach out to grab it, once you grab it, you also have to work on keeping it.

MaximusLight
Feb 8, 2007, 01:08 AM
You're winying about the fact that you're alone now? At least you had quite a few people that actually enjoyed having you around, that proves that you can do it again... but like everyone else is saying: You have to try, all other philosiphies aside that's what it comes down too.

Almalexia
Feb 8, 2007, 10:37 AM
If you are not willing to give something up, you are not going to get anything back. This is ALL too true and pretty much how my last relationship ended. But people can be demanding, and they will want you to do things that you do not feel comfortable doing. Should you refuse and it's all over.

Daikarin
Feb 8, 2007, 11:01 AM
Sometimes you're better off alone, that's something I'd like to add.

geewj
Feb 8, 2007, 07:56 PM
Okay, I might be comepletly full of bullshit, but here it goes...

So you say you are lonely. You want someone who you share common interests with, who will wait until marriage for sex, is okay that you can't drive, likes the way you look, and is okay that you have no money?

Well for starters you say three girls liked you where you were before, and it seemes you liked them enough to regret not taking the oportunity. So how you look must be fine, and common interests is not so hard a thing either. There are pleanty of people who wait until marriage for sex, and worst case scenario (in case you meet some one you're crazy about who can't) maybe a middle ground can be reached. I know lots of people without cars and money that are happily in relationships. their relationships are founded on, get this, personality and generaly enjoying eachothers company. Emotional love and support. That sort of thing. Sure it takes the right kind of personality, but I think that's the kind you were going for in the first place.

So I don't see why anything you said should be such a big problem. I guess the biggest problem is that you seem to think it's all a big problem.

To sum up your rant in one small statment...
"Awww damnit, it's only tuesday but I wan't it to be saturday. Life sucks!"

So quit complaining and live, because it obviouly worked x3 before. It'll come.

And as others have said, don't underestimate alone time. It is an invaluble thing, one which carries with it a significance nothing else can achieve. Don't waste it because you're too much of a pansy to be on your own. No body wants someone like that anyways.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: geewj on 2007-02-08 16:58 ]</font>

Scrub
Feb 8, 2007, 08:14 PM
I don't think you should feel the need to be in a relationship to be happy, but rather to have somebody to share your happiness WITH.

Don't know if that was said or not SO I AM SAYING IT.

Wyndham
Feb 8, 2007, 10:03 PM
I feel stupid having posted this topic. I am not going to read all the posts, because I think the volume of them alone snapped me out of it. i dont need a relationship, i just need friends who i can actually go to see every week to have fun with. If i get a girlfriend in the process, that is great.

thanks, everyone.